Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HansLolo View Post
    People are gone?
    Most of them, yes.

At least, to me, it looks/feels like that. And Blizz get what they deserves, after many years ignoring ppls feedback. Imo ppl are just tired of all that cheap shit, cost effective development and money making via smart cash grab systems instead of quality and content.

If your product is shit, your customers leave. Simple like that.

And i would not bet on „Blizz makes WoW great again“ by just easily winning back all that players with some Legion-like xpac. Reality will also come to Blizz, to bite them in their asses.

Game was pretty much like this a couple weeks after 9.1 and 9.1.5 did nothing to cause an influx. Now Wow is basically a lobby game at the moment with the next 3-4 months making it even worse..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Depends on the faction but yes. Warmode is a much smaller section of the playerbase.
    This. I went from having WM on all of the start of SL for XP buff / some world pvp was fun. But after a month or so, it was "dead". No one anywhere. Then I turned off WM then BAM. See people all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    Trust me, I don't have terribly high hopes for either. That said, pretty much every patch sees at least some degree of people returning, however brief that stay actually ends up.
    I'm betting 10.0 breaks Shadowlands record and if it does I'm going to have a big Santa laugh lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    This. I went from having WM on all of the start of SL for XP buff / some world pvp was fun. But after a month or so, it was "dead". No one anywhere. Then I turned off WM then BAM. See people all the time.
    Yeah because WM is nothing but people slowing you down when you are trying to get your shit done so it's better to play outside WM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Yeah - can't think of WoW without all the things you mention. I tend to become negative, if I feel alone.

Thanks for the answers. Rock on
    Sorry, but I don't understand people like you. If I would want to feel humiliated via sitting in queue with bunch of angry people - I would go to free hospital.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Hi guys,

I got plenty of experience and Ive seen all of the interations of WoW. But wanted to return to 9.1.5 and try Korthia.
    Do it then - personally, i am no longer playing, have no intention of returning but HOPE that changes. No one i know plays anymore either, with most playing without stopping since VERY early on, most with the statue to prove it.

Just ignore all the forum bullshit, and give it a crack - some of my favorite games on steam have terrible ratings, mostly due to review bombing - thankfully steam is smart enough to have 2 ratings - overall, and recent - sometimes the difference is amazing, especially when you look at a game like no mans sky, for example. And lets be honest, BF2042 will be "mostly positive" in 6 months, and "overwhelmingly positive" by the end of 2022.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saeadeb View Post
    WoW is definitely in a decline. That said, it'll still be crazy busy on new patch/new xpac drops. Coming back 6 months into any patch will feel dead compared to an xpac launch.
    Xpacs, maybe - patches, nah, not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Sorry, but I don't understand people like you. If I would want to feel humiliated via sitting in queue with bunch of angry people - I would go to free hospital.
    Not a great analogy - comparing something you HAVE to do with something you WANT to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Not a great analogy - comparing something you HAVE to do with something you WANT to do.
    I don't understand. What I have to do and what I want to do? Overall I just try to show, that in most cases people pay to AVOID humiliation via exceeding competition and "dog eats dogs" things - not to have it, because they want it. It's something, I don't understand. It's something unnatural. It sounds like some sort of masochism.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Personally, I have never seen this game this dead before on my servers and I have been playing since classic on a noob orc warrior. To make matters worse, my first gank came from a gnome in Ashenvale that sheeped me and loaded a pyroblast.

Not even during the S.E.L.F.I.E-patch.

Shadowlands started huge. Everyone wanted to visit the afterlife. I got so excited.

I did not even test the PTR.

What I expected - a huge world of weird creatures, waterfalls going left and right, me being able to walk sideways and up-sidedown on mountains and roads because its the afterlife, it gotta be unique, and spotting some extremely weird creatures.

Why did I expect such things? Because when I got my hands on the pre-order mount, I got excited. It looked like some weird soul-infused ghost-worm-thing. I expected the whole Shadowlands to be just as weird.

Then I entered the Maw. I got so bored fast. Even WoD scenario had me more excited. I got really worried.

Oribos, and I expected a huge afterlife island up in the sky with towers that makes Dalaran look like a shadow of it. Not a freaking circle with dismount areas and floors.

And then, I entered light-Nagrand. Oh wow a fox.. separated lands.. spiders.. mushroom people from BFA.. horses..

I saved souls from the Maw.. got to dangerlevel quickly and had to escape. Then got a * quest from my covenant telling me to go back.. really.. could have atleast made it instanced instead of forcing me to wait for the next day..

Torghast, I expected an infinite dungeon with leaderboards and just cosmetics as a reward.

Tried to do some casual world questing, it was BAD. Crapy anima rewards for quests that told me to get 50 pieces, load a freaking robot, kill mobs and kill a boss..

By then, I knew the expansion would suck.

My friends were all logged in but it got empty so FAST. I have never seen my friends quit an expansion this fast, and they played since classic. Not even during the Legion drought did they quit.

Then came the scandals. Good timing.

As stupid as I am, I bought a month for 9.1.5 to try mage tower. And you know the deal. And I went to places like Stormwind to check the playerbase. Lol. Theres like 4-5 players outside the AH. Wut. Normally in older expansions, even during droughts, there used to be like alot. I mean were speaking of an ant-hive of alot.

Only one friend on and he said "I quit" and all my guilds, even those who were active since many years ago, are all dead. I dont know how the US is doing but EU is not going good..

Can this game be saved? I dont know. They saved it when they released Legion. My friends were on the whole expansion.

Maybe they can. But they got to fire all the higher ups and bring back all the * dwarf flirts.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the increase to rewards does help if you are trying to get through "time gates" as fast as possible, like anima or fragments or azerite or whatever, but thats really only important the first few weeks and to some people.

Also while it saves time for you over "timegating" the time it takes each day is more as people will kill you, and well... sometimes people are assholes, i had to stop eventually (i was in warmode from the launch of it till shadowlands) cause people will farm you over and over and over like asshoels (the maw... i rage quit once a priest mind control jumped me off maw, then when i came back to get my stygia did it again... and again... and again...)
    Come to think of it, my Alliance paladin never played with WM on....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Update:
    I've turned off WM - and there are people everywhere, during all the times. I really can't tell difference between SL and earlier expacs in terms of activities(all the way back to classic - despite how SL is doing). My thought was if people were gone - it seems like there are much less people with WM on.

I'm happy and enjoying it very much
    Last edited by HansLolo; 2021-12-08 at 10:19 AM.

Update:
    I've turned off WM - and there are people everywhere, during all the times. I really can't tell difference between SL and earlier expacs in terms of activities(all the way back to classic - despite how SL is doing). My thought was if people were gone - it seems like there are much less people with WM on.

I'm happy and enjoying it very much
    Moral of the story people hate wpvp this expansion

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    not just this expansion. Vast majority of pvp'ers just want honor and conquest and the best way by far to get that is through BG's and Arenas, and definitely not through world pvp.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2021-12-08 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    People had WM on in BfA because there were clear incentives to do so (bonus azerite and war resources, bonus experience during leveling, the "against all odds" quest that could reward a heroic level item). Wpvp was already hated in BfA but the rewards were quite sizeable and it could be worth the risk. People didn't magically like wpvp and decided to turn off WM in SL.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-12-08 at 10:51 AM.

Even without warmode, people are gone. All the grindfest and silly changes have wrecked this expansion. I'm sure some will blame the bad press, but I find it doubtful most of us care about the Activision Bs. Warmode just makes it worse.

I only came back because of flying, and once I saw where this game is going, I regret it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    People had WM on in BfA because there were clear incentives to do so (bonus azerite and war resources, bonus experience during leveling, the "against all odds" quest that could reward a heroic level item). Wpvp was already hated in BfA but the rewards were quite sizeable and it could be worth the risk. People didn't magically like wpvp and decided to turn off WM in SL.
    Well yeah exactly....SL had no incentive to turn it on...in fact they had a HUUUGE reason to keep it off (dying in the Maw sucked hardcore,getting corpse camped in the Maw was way worse)

Add in SL wasn't a very big alliance vs horde expansion, a long time with DH and Druids one shotting people, and people were just aversive to wpvp in general and yep WM is just going to be dead in Shadowlands.

You are not going to get a straight answer about this. Some people will tell you that everyone is gone, some will tell you it's all in your head and the people are all there, you are just not in the right place...

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Even without warmode, people are gone. All the grindfest and silly changes have wrecked this expansion. I'm sure some will blame the bad press, but I find it doubtful most of us care about the Activision Bs. Warmode just makes it worse.

I only came back because of flying, and once I saw where this game is going, I regret it myself.
    Coming back because of flying is a really stupid decision indeed. I sincerely hope you stay away.

I'm just happy that this game is still healthy, regardless of how bad the product might be according to some(don't worry - we pay the devs, so you might return one day for flying in next expac).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Huh, odd. Would've guessed it was the other way around because of the increased rewards. Quaint.
    People want rewards without risk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    People want rewards without risk.
    Fore sure though that's how I've always percieved WM. But then again; I do play Horde so....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

One of their biggest selling point on change, the community council, already looks like nothing more than a regular discussion board. prioritized people seem to be just new players, RPers or your average 2k pvper. While that may be the majority of the audience, when it comes to concept, these are the people who probably defended covenant restrictions too and theres little known community contributors invited.