Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What? Why would that happen?

Why? Because we help their covenants and gain reputation with them, that's why. And they are clearly divided not only by aesthetics, but by mentality as well.
    Why not? If you think it needs lore precedent clearly you haven’t been paying attention to the storytelling quality of the past 5 years

5+ Year Old Account

Why? Because we help their covenants and gain reputation with them, that's why. And they are clearly divided not only by aesthetics, but by mentality as well.
    We help lots of groups of people who then later don't join up with the Alliance or Horde. There are lots of neutral factions that don't end up picking a side. The Klaxxi, the Sons of Hodir, the Saberon, the Tuskarr, the Shattrath factions, and the Arrakoa. Besides, the whole point of Shadowlands has been guiding the Covenants back to working together so the "machine of Death" works correctly, even if it's processes change. They were divided because of the anima drought and we fixed that. The covenants are all also part of the shadowland's functionality. They can't just leave it.

And because both faction players can help out all the covenants, why would any of them pick a side they don't need to, the Alliance or Horde didn't do shit for the covenant. The player character did. It's like the Order Halls, faction agnostic. If anything of the covenants carry past SL, it should be faction agnostic.

What? Why would that happen?

I am also of the same thinking that the races introduced in Shadowlands do not plan on coming to Azeroth and getting involved in the factions. There really is no point to a Venthyr going to Azeroth. The Venthyr have an important purpose to redeem questionable souls and the covenants seem to only care about the purpose of their covenent. The Kyrian are meant to ferry souls into the afterlife, Maldraxxus to be the defense of the shadowlands, Nightfae to tend the groves of the afterlife, and Venthyr to redeem souls. Beings in the Shadowlands are from all worlds so for them to decide to care about Azeroth, the politics, and factions doesn't seem to be on their radar. The covenants just want to restore order to carry out their duties to the Afterlife. Correct me if I am wrong but there has been no indication that any Shadowlands covenant would like to expand into Azeroth and get involved with living problems when they already deal with their own issues. The covenants after 9.2 will also need to restore the Shadowlands after Zovaal is defeated. Additionally, with Blizzard wanting to most likely do a "Azeroth Story" in the next xpac I doubt they will decide to bring in races from a different plane of existence into the game. Which brings me to my final point that San'layn elves are, in my opinion, more likely than Venthyr because undead elves have been a desired customization option for a while and they are a Azeroth race.

They'd be a Dark Ranger customization option, not standalone races.
    Yes. I realized it while writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    I'd love to see the Naga as a playable race and they've had a very solid animation rig developped already over the years, unfortunately there is the elephant in the room of Blizzard having to come up with workarounds for their lack of legs, several limbs and such. One thing i would note is that you would likely struggle to find more diametrically opposed groups than the Naga and the Darnassians so having them join the Aliance would make next to no sense. Even if we ignore the times they worked with Horde races and/or leaders.
    BFA made it clear that the Alliance has no problem saying "fuck you" to the Kaldorei to the point of directly betraying them.

Or we have Elves of the void and Dranei of the light without problem.

On the other hand, if the Kaldorei can work with the Horde or with Thrall, it is possible that they alienate themselves with the nagas to fight with the Horde.

Imagine that they continue with these experiments and reach the "playable race".

I don't know if the Alliance gets them, as Hatuun hates Velen and the Draenei. But, it would definitely be the Argus kind, as they use the updated Draenei model.
    I meant to respond to this earlier lol my bad.

I think its fair to say Velen off screen may have caught up with Hatuun or could tell Hatuun about the genocide committed by the Orcs. Plus if he meets Outlands Broken Draenei their would be more common ground for them to join the Alliance rather than the Horde. I could see Farseer Nobundo going back to Argus to recruit the Broken and show them Shamanism.

I hope they do away with the allied race nonsense and just make them a part of the main races customisation. You select human, you choose stormwind human or kul tiran human, customise etc. It's so stupid that they're separated.

I should be able to be a "kul tiran" looking human but starting in northshire.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Yes. I realized it while writing it.

BFA made it clear that the Alliance has no problem saying "fuck you" to the Kaldorei to the point of directly betraying them.

Or we have Elves of the void and Dranei of the light without problem.

On the other hand, if the Kaldorei can work with the Horde or with Thrall, it is possible that they alienate themselves with the nagas to fight with the Horde.

Imagine that they continue with these experiments and reach the "playable race".
    Tbh making them normal humanoids would kind of defeat the point of making the Naga playable since it wouldn't really be the Naga anymore. We know that at least Azshara is capable of assuming her elf form so that could be one way of going about it, even if it would be a bit of a copout.

And my point about them being diametrically opposed was more to highlight that neither side of that exchange would wish to have anything to do with the other barring any major paradime shifts in their relations. I could totally see Azshara trying to pull some shit, where she would try to get cozy with the highborne remnant factions since those she actually cared about to some extent. Then again if Blizz really wanted to do it we know from experience that they're willing to contort the characters/lore to the extent that even the demon from The Exorcist is like "Dude you need to chill"

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Why not? If you think it needs lore precedent clearly you haven’t been paying attention to the storytelling quality of the past 5 years
    Because it doesn't make any sense. Why give all races shadowlands races customization options?

Quote Originally Posted by Valandale View Post
    We help lots of groups of people who then later don't join up with the Alliance or Horde. There are lots of neutral factions that don't end up picking a side. The Klaxxi, the Sons of Hodir, the Saberon, the Tuskarr, the Shattrath factions, and the Arrakoa. Besides, the whole point of Shadowlands has been guiding the Covenants back to working together so the "machine of Death" works correctly, even if it's processes change. They were divided because of the anima drought and we fixed that. The covenants are all also part of the shadowland's functionality. They can't just leave it.
    Then you haven't noticed the models themselves. They're definitely on a player scale.

Of course they can leave the Shadowlands. It's a fantasy game.
    If you haven't noticed, Kyrians resemble Humans, culturally, Sylvar resemble Night elves, Maldraxxi resemble Orcs and Venthyr resemble Blood elves.

And because both faction players can help out all the covenants, why would any of them pick a side they don't need to, the Alliance or Horde didn't do shit for the covenant. The player character did. It's like the Order Halls, faction agnostic. If anything of the covenants carry past SL, it should be faction agnostic.
    So did Legion and BfA allied races. Yet, they chose a side.

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    I am also of the same thinking that the races introduced in Shadowlands do not plan on coming to Azeroth and getting involved in the factions. There really is no point to a Venthyr going to Azeroth. The Venthyr have an important purpose to redeem questionable souls and the covenants seem to only care about the purpose of their covenent. The Kyrian are meant to ferry souls into the afterlife, Maldraxxus to be the defense of the shadowlands, Nightfae to tend the groves of the afterlife, and Venthyr to redeem souls. Beings in the Shadowlands are from all worlds so for them to decide to care about Azeroth, the politics, and factions doesn't seem to be on their radar. The covenants just want to restore order to carry out their duties to the Afterlife. Correct me if I am wrong but there has been no indication that any Shadowlands covenant would like to expand into Azeroth and get involved with living problems when they already deal with their own issues. The covenants after 9.2 will also need to restore the Shadowlands after Zovaal is defeated. Additionally, with Blizzard wanting to most likely do a "Azeroth Story" in the next xpac I doubt they will decide to bring in races from a different plane of existence into the game. Which brings me to my final point that San'layn elves are, in my opinion, more likely than Venthyr because undead elves have been a desired customization option for a while and they are a Azeroth race.
    Yes, they did show interest in coming with us. A Kyrian wished to visit our world.

You, guys, are clearly oblivious to the fact that these races are being set up for playability. From the male and female models, to the up-to-date animation rig, the customization options and the reputation tied to them.

Again with the other dimension argument. Big fucking deal. We got Orcs from an alternate reality universe and draenei from outer space. We're way past that.

San'layn, if you haven't noticed, haven't got their model updated with BfA and their group was annihilated by Night elves in Vol'dun. Meanwhile, Venthyr are the vampire race best suited for playability right now.

You want undead elves? Wait for the Dark Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post

Wouldn't work.

I meant to respond to this earlier lol my bad.

I think its fair to say Velen off screen may have caught up with Hatuun or could tell Hatuun about the genocide committed by the Orcs. Plus if he meets Outlands Broken Draenei their would be more common ground for them to join the Alliance rather than the Horde. I could see Farseer Nobundo going back to Argus to recruit the Broken and show them Shamanism.
    If they appreciate the help they got from the Army of the Light, then i could see it happening. If not, they have been set up as a Horde race.

Because it doesn't make any sense. Why give all races shadowlands races customization options?

Then you haven't noticed the models themselves. They're definitely on a player scale.

If you haven't noticed, Kyrians resemble Humans, culturally, Sylvar resemble Night elves, Maldraxxi resemble Orcs and Venthyr resemble Blood elves.

Yes, they did show interest in coming with us. A Kyrian wished to visit our world.

You, guys, are clearly oblivious to the fact that these races are being set up for playability. From the male and female models, to the up-to-date animation rig, the customization options and the reputation tied to them.

Again with the other dimension argument. Big fucking deal. We got Orcs from an alternate reality universe and draenei from outer space. We're way past that.

San'layn, if you haven't noticed, haven't got their model updated with BfA and their group was annihilated by Night elves in Vol'dun. Meanwhile, Venthyr are the vampire race best suited for playability right now.

Wouldn't work.

If they appreciate the help they got from the Army of the Light, then i could see it happening. If not, they have been set up as a Horde race.
    It seems you have some serious head canon going on in your version of WoW lore. The Broken have never been set up to be a Horde race... Literally never. The reason Broken on Outland became Broken is because of the Redmist that occured when the Orcs attacked Shattarath. Some Broken Draenei have already joined the Alliance. Even with the Broken on Argus they still are Draenei at the end of the day and Hatuun willingly stayed on Argus to defend Velen. Hatuun doesn't know that the Velen led Draenei also faced hardship and were nearly wiped out by the Orcs and a significant population of them also mutated into Broken. At the end of the dialogue you mention where Hatuun says Velen betrayed him and the Draenei left on Argus he even states "But your ally saved many of us from the Legion's grasp. Perhaps you have changed." There is no reason for the Horde to return to Argus in the first place while the Draenei and more specifically Velen and his people would have a reason to return and bring the Krokul to Azeroth. Once Hatuun learns of the Draenei Genocide on Outland he would probably realize Velen also faced many hardships. The broken Draenei will never be a Horde race and is about as silly when people thought the Mag'har were going to join the Alliance back in BFA cause Saurfang was working with Anduin.

"Yes, they did show interest in coming with us. A Kyrian wished to visit our world." A single Kyrian. Lets break this down. Kyrian ferry souls into the the Afterlife. A full fledged Kyrian literally ferries souls from all worlds into the Shadowlands. It makes sense that a Kyrian can "visit" Azeroth. Explain to me why exactly a shadowlands race who already has their purpose want to stay and fight for the Horde or Alliance.

You previously said "So did Legion and BfA allied races. Yet, they chose a side." Lets break this down. Highmountain Tauren are Tauren. Tauren are part of the Horde. If Highmountain Tauren wanted to explore the world is clear they would choose to do this through the Kalimdor Tauren. But you could say oh what about the Nightborne they are Highborne Night Elves? Well it was explained pretty well actually that Nightborne align much more with their Blood Elf cousins who are also descended from Highborne Night Elves. The Night Elves are a druidism based culture and still have issues with Arcane magic use. The Blood Elves are a Arcane Magic surrounded culture, faced magic addiction, consorted with demons, and are more regal and elegant. As we saw the Nightborne did go to the Alliance first but felt that the Alliance was not a fit for them and didn't see eye to eye with the Night Elves. Both the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne werent aware or simply did not care to explore Azeroth beyond the Broken Isles and in Legion we worked with both races to beat the Burning Legion back. Once the legion was defeated the Highmountain simply reconnected with their cousins and the Nightborne also reconnected with their cousins. Key word being Cousins.

Which leads me into the next point the Venthyr and races of the shadowlands make up souls from all worlds. The Shadowlands races only connections to Azeroth are Azeroth souls who have joined their covenants. Its clear that the Covenants have ascended past dealing with Mortal squabbles given that former Horde and Alliance members are now working together in death. They do not care about Azeroth politics and should not care about Azeroth politics because their mission is already important. Mortal races to them are fleeting when they essentially are immortal. Yes we have Orcs from an alternate reality but they are still within the reality plane of existence same with the Draenei. "Again with the other dimension argument. Big fucking deal. We got Orcs from an alternate reality universe and draenei from outer space. We're way past that." No race has ever come from a plane of existence otherwise lets just have playable Fire and Water elementals.

"San'layn, if you haven't noticed, haven't got their model updated with BfA and their group was annihilated by Night elves in Vol'dun. Meanwhile, Venthyr are the vampire race best suited for playability right now." That doesn't matter all the San'layn would be is just re-skinned Blood elves with undead customization options. Blizzard can quickly pump out new skins and customizations as we can see with 9.1.5.
    Last edited by Susanoo; 2021-12-01 at 11:45 PM.

It seems you have some serious head canon going on in your version of WoW lore. The Broken have never been set up to be a Horde race... Literally never. The reason Broken on Outland became Broken is because of the Redmist that occured when the Orcs attacked Shattarath. Some Broken Draenei have already joined the Alliance. Even with the Broken on Argus they still are Draenei at the end of the day and Hatuun willingly stayed on Argus to defend Velen. Hatuun doesn't know that the Velen led Draenei also faced hardship and were nearly wiped out by the Orcs and a significant population of them also mutated into Broken. At the end of the dialogue you mention where Hatuun says Velen betrayed him and the Draenei left on Argus he even states "But your ally saved many of us from the Legion's grasp. Perhaps you have changed." There is no reason for the Horde to return to Argus in the first place while the Draenei and more specifically Velen and his people would have a reason to return and bring the Krokul to Azeroth. Once Hatuun learns of the Draenei Genocide on Outland he would probably realize Velen also faced many hardships. The broken Draenei will never be a Horde race and is about as silly when people thought the Mag'har were going to join the Alliance back in BFA cause Saurfang was working with Anduin.
    Fair enough.
    Though, i will point out that the reason he gave for hating Velen and the Draenei makes absolutely no sense, since he told them to leave while he stayed behind, so it feels very forced and, therefore, supposedly a lore reason for them not joining the Alliance. Secondly, the Broken did suffer racism from their brethren, the Draenei, so it does make some sense for them to be on the outcast faction if the Draenei continue to look down upon them. And thirdly, the Argus kind has never been massacred by the Orcs, or affected by the red mist they spread, so they don't harbor any hatred towards them.

"Yes, they did show interest in coming with us. A Kyrian wished to visit our world." A single Kyrian. Lets break this down. Kyrian ferry souls into the the Afterlife. A full fledged Kyrian literally ferries souls from all worlds into the Shadowlands. It makes sense that a Kyrian can "visit" Azeroth. Explain to me why exactly a shadowlands race who already has their purpose want to stay and fight for the Horde or Alliance.
    Because we, literally, helped them to save the Shadowlands and stop Zovaal. They're in our debt. Plus, like all of us, they are part of the grand cosmic battle. So, it would make sense that they would want to help us protect Azeroth and preserve the balance of the various forces. The Horde and Alliance thing is just a technicality. Once you join us, you choose a faction. And they'll join whoever is closest to them attitude-wise.

You previously said "So did Legion and BfA allied races. Yet, they chose a side." Lets break this down. Highmountain Tauren are Tauren. Tauren are part of the Horde. If Highmountain Tauren wanted to explore the world is clear they would choose to do this through the Kalimdor Tauren. But you could say oh what about the Nightborne they are Highborne Night Elves? Well it was explained pretty well actually that Nightborne align much more with their Blood Elf cousins who are also descended from Highborne Night Elves. The Night Elves are a druidism based culture and still have issues with Arcane magic use. The Blood Elves are a Arcane Magic surrounded culture, faced magic addiction, consorted with demons, and are more regal and elegant. As we saw the Nightborne did go to the Alliance first but felt that the Alliance was not a fit for them and didn't see eye to eye with the Night Elves. Both the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne werent aware or simply did not care to explore Azeroth beyond the Broken Isles and in Legion we worked with both races to beat the Burning Legion back. Once the legion was defeated the Highmountain simply reconnected with their cousins and the Nightborne also reconnected with their cousins. Key word being Cousins.
    And who's the Vulpera cousins of?
    Thing is, like the Nightborne and Highmountain, the Shadowlands races will align with those who they have the most in common with. Nightborne share the Blood elves magical addiction? Well, so are the Venthyr depended on a substance. Mag'har joined their Orc brethren based on the warring nature? Well, so do the Maldraxxian value strength and might. Sylvar share their love of nature with the Night elves and Kyrian their virtue with the Humans.

Which leads me into the next point the Venthyr and races of the shadowlands make up souls from all worlds. The Shadowlands races only connections to Azeroth are Azeroth souls who have joined their covenants. Its clear that the Covenants have ascended past dealing with Mortal squabbles given that former Horde and Alliance members are now working together in death. They do not care about Azeroth politics and should not care about Azeroth politics because their mission is already important. Mortal races to them are fleeting when they essentially are immortal. Yes we have Orcs from an alternate reality but they are still within the reality plane of existence same with the Draenei. "Again with the other dimension argument. Big fucking deal. We got Orcs from an alternate reality universe and draenei from outer space. We're way past that." No race has ever come from a plane of existence otherwise lets just have playable Fire and Water elementals.
    We're not just any mortals. We're the "chosen ones". If they're so unique and powerful, they would not be dependant on us for saving the Shadowlands. You clearly don't follow the pattern here. We're not just visiting, we are resposible for the redemption of the entire plane. Kyrians and dark Kyrians banded together thanks to us. Maldraxxi got rid of backstabbing traitors. Sylvar's domain was saved from drought and Drust invasion and the Venthyr deposed their corrupted ruler to name a new one who is connected with us. You give too much weight to these races. They are, after all, angels, fauns, vampires and undead hulks. We, currently, lack those races. This would be the opportune moment to introduce such fantasies. Politics and faction are just side aspects. They would join for PvE reasons. But, as always, it comes with PvP implications. Elementals are not out of the question. Their model just doesn't fit playable races.

"San'layn, if you haven't noticed, haven't got their model updated with BfA and their group was annihilated by Night elves in Vol'dun. Meanwhile, Venthyr are the vampire race best suited for playability right now." That doesn't matter all the San'layn would be is just re-skinned Blood elves with undead customization options. Blizzard can quickly pump out new skins and customizations as we can see with 9.1.5.
    Which is a downgrade from an original and unique vampire race. Why have a grey blood elf when you can have a true vampire race instead?

Ion was pretty adamant about the covenant Allied Races not happening, in the interviews. And truth be told I'm not a fan of the default Venthyr models, where their features are kind of overexaggerated to a silly extent. (I know this is a personal taste thing) And the NPC races utilising a little more complex rig doesn't mean they are going to become playable like showcased with the Sethrak. So baking them into the possible expanded San'layn customisation options, in the vein of Kael'thas, who still maintains his Blood Elf model, but has a different skintone and eye color would, at least in my opinion be the right play here. (Because i mean the Jailer having Vampires, while Denathrius and the Dreadlords work with/for him there probably already is a connection of some sort)

Ogres, Horde.
    Centaur, Horde. Tauren have been working on it since Vanilla.
    Naga, Horde.
    Gnoll, Horde. Hear me out. Their current models are crap, but properly updated... They like wearing spikes. They work together with other races and forge metal. And during the Gnoll Wars 1.000 years ago, they almost conquered Stormwind.

Mogu, Alliance. Stoneborn race, same as Ogres. But these would be the noble Rajani, true to their Titan roots, like the Dwarves.
    Dryads, Alliance. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Elune turns the fallen Night Elf souls into these.
    Furbolg Progenitor, Alliance. I forget the name in lore. They were in Chronicle, I think. Either way, Furbolgs have a more bad-ass cousin. Pandaren-skeleton Allied Race?

Bonus Round:
    Fel Orc and Eredar Demon Hunters, Horde and Alliance. What if Akama is using Illidan's teachings in Outland to bring control back to these tainted people?

5+ Year Old Account
    I am very bored of Elf and Orc or Tauren subraces, so can only hope to see more unironically humanoid races with some new variants :

1) Hozens (Human+Monkey amount of funny jokes and stupidity they can bring has no end, Hozen DK meets Panda DK at goldshire)
    2) Mantids ( There alot of people who afraid and hate insects, so it would balance stupid comic gap hole left by gnomes)
    3) Quillboars (Just to do them justice and lure in TNMT fans with sexy megan)
    4) Centaurs (Brutal non bipedal race, that we all waiting for)
    5) Botani (Green force to save plants and other life on that facken Azetoths, even if druids busy with burning world tree)
    6) Saberon (Human+Tiger..... yes its cliche but i am sucker for CAT people even if they ugly himbos)
    7) Mogu (Just trend now days, each game must have Stone-people race.)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Ion was pretty adamant about the covenant Allied Races not happening, in the interviews.
    Vulpera were speculated by fans to be a potential future allied race since the start of Battle for Azeroth due to having an unusually large suite of customization options for a non-playable race that only has a significant role in a single zone. At the time, Blizzard responded by stating that setting up certain races this way is advantageous for development and that it was not necessarily a sign that vulpera were planned to become playable. When vulpera were officially announced as a Horde allied race in October 2019, Ion Hazzikostas acknowledged this by jokingly stating that playable vulpera were a "shock to everyone, I'm sure".

This is called being naive.

And truth be told I'm not a fan of the default Venthyr models, where their features are kind of overexaggerated to a silly extent. (I know this is a personal taste thing) And the NPC races utilising a little more complex rig doesn't mean they are going to become playable like showcased with the Sethrak.
    Sethrak did not become playable. Though, i believe they are slated to be.
    There's absolutely no reason to put so much effort, time and resources into giving each of them a male and a female variant, high fidelity textures and animations and a number of customization options when NPCs in the past have been much less accentuated than that, only to have them remain a single expansion NPCs.

So baking them into the possible expanded San'layn customisation options, in the vein of Kael'thas, who still maintains his Blood Elf model, but has a different skintone and eye color would, at least in my opinion be the right play here. (Because i mean the Jailer having Vampires, while Denathrius and the Dreadlords work with/for him there probably already is a connection of some sort)
    You consider pale skin and red eyes sufficient enough to be defined as a vampire? Damn, your standards are low...

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Centaur, Horde. Tauren have been working on it since Vanilla.
    Aren't Centaurs enemies of the Tauren? Don't get me wrong, they fit the aesthetics, but they have 4 legs.

Mogu, Alliance. Stoneborn race, same as Ogres. But these would be the noble Rajani, true to their Titan roots, like the Dwarves.
    I feel like Mogu are more Horde in nature. Though, they can end up being neutral, like the Pandaren.

Furbolg Progenitor, Alliance. I forget the name in lore. They were in Chronicle, I think. Either way, Furbolgs have a more bad-ass cousin. Pandaren-skeleton Allied Race?
    You mean the Jalgar.

Bonus Round:
    Fel Orc and Eredar Demon Hunters, Horde and Alliance. What if Akama is using Illidan's teachings in Outland to bring control back to these tainted people?
    Feels like Broken are more likely.

Aren't Centaurs enemies of the Tauren? Don't get me wrong, they fit the aesthetics, but they have 4 legs.

I feel like Mogu are more Horde in nature. Though, they can end up being neutral, like the Pandaren.

You mean the Jalgar.
    Centaurs are traditionally Tauren enemies. But that doesn't mean the Tauren haven't been trying to change that. Since Vanilla they've been trying to see if they can befriend one clan to help keep the others in check. In the end, the Tauren are a pragmatic people, to whom safety matters more than vengeance.

Mogu overall do match the Horde more than Alliance. However, these wouldn't be the Mogu as we've generally seen them. These would be the Rajani. The Mogu clan that's noble, following the path of the Titans. That would make them more like Dwarves, in my opinion. They'd also be a fine counter-part to the Horde's ogres.

Jalgar, yes, thank you! I keep being unable to find this name anywhere. I'm glad someone else knows of them.

Vulpera were speculated by fans to be a potential future allied race since the start of Battle for Azeroth due to having an unusually large suite of customization options for a non-playable race that only has a significant role in a single zone. At the time, Blizzard responded by stating that setting up certain races this way is advantageous for development and that it was not necessarily a sign that vulpera were planned to become playable. When vulpera were officially announced as a Horde allied race in October 2019, Ion Hazzikostas acknowledged this by jokingly stating that playable vulpera were a "shock to everyone, I'm sure".

This is called being naive.

Sethrak did not become playable. Though, i believe they are slated to be.
    There's absolutely no reason to put so much effort, time and resources into giving each of them a male and a female variant, high fidelity textures and animations and a number of customization options when NPCs in the past have been much less accentuated than that, only to have them remain a single expansion NPCs.
    They do have to keep up with the times, in terms of asset quality. Which they have for the most part to be fair. Whether or not the Sethrak are going to become playable isn't something i feel particularly inclined to speculate upon, because they're a very localised minor faction, which tbh if they were ever going to become playable that ship has sailed, when the zandalar storylines have been largely resolved, unless there is a big reason to revisit it, in the future. Most of the races/ARs have been introduced, at a time, when we were about to or just ont he back end of a key storyline involving them. (In case of Void Elves read key storyline involving only Aleria)

Not calling it an impossibility simply saying i find it unlikely based ont he patterns showcased by Blizz over the years.

You consider pale skin and red eyes sufficient enough to be defined as a vampire? Damn, your standards are low...
    Not quite. Vampires inherently are in that uncanny space, where they're almost like their living counterparts, but something is distinctly off about them, with some variance on them becoming more bestial or having some extra features. The Darkfallen have showcased this well, with their unique models (Lana'thel still holds up) As compared to the goofy proportioned Venthyr, who have the derpiest faces since Tauren remake. Architecture, outfits, etc are very good, but the venthyr models themselves are just plain ugly and more visually reminiscent of ghouls than vampires, even when we look past the silly levels of disproportionateness.

I would argue San'layn'd be great for AR purposes, because the wing stuff has already been figured out with Demon Hunters, which could possibly allow them to introduce using their innate wings, as a flying mount option, while they already have all the flapping animation loops figured out, on a Blood Elf model. With the possibility of neat touches like alternate ears, unique ratials and tons of flavor. There is a lot more places to take thase than Void Elves and they've been well established over the years, on Azeroth.

Covenant Allied Races will happen 100000%, lore reason doesn't matter a single bit, the only important thing is MONEY. Spirit Healers, Vampires, Undead Hulks and Fauns are already a part of the World of Warcraft World, always have been, of fucking course they are going to use them to bait you into spending $80 on an expansion pre-order. You have to be operating on zero brain cells to think otherwise. This is ATVI we are talking about, and U.S. law authorizes shareholders to sue corporate directors for wrongful acts that harm the corporation or the value of its shares. Willfully not making money is bad for business.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Mogu overall do match the Horde more than Alliance. However, these wouldn't be the Mogu as we've generally seen them. These would be the Rajani. The Mogu clan that's noble, following the path of the Titans. That would make them more like Dwarves, in my opinion. They'd also be a fine counter-part to the Horde's ogres.
    I don't know... i'll be devastated if the brutish Mogu will be forced to be Alliance.

They do have to keep up with the times, in terms of asset quality. Which they have for the most part to be fair. Whether or not the Sethrak are going to become playable isn't something i feel particularly inclined to speculate upon, because they're a very localised minor faction, which tbh if they were ever going to become playable that ship has sailed, when the zandalar storylines have been largely resolved, unless there is a big reason to revisit it, in the future. Most of the races/ARs have been introduced, at a time, when we were about to or just ont he back end of a key storyline involving them. (In case of Void Elves read key storyline involving only Aleria)

Not calling it an impossibility simply saying i find it unlikely based ont he patterns showcased by Blizz over the years.
    Dark Irons were last relevant in MoP, introduced in BfA.
    Mag'har were last relevant in Wod, introduced in BfA.

Not quite. Vampires inherently are in that uncanny space, where they're almost like their living counterparts, but something is distinctly off about them, with some variance on them becoming more bestial or having some extra features. The Darkfallen have showcased this well, with their unique models (Lana'thel still holds up) As compared to the goofy proportioned Venthyr, who have the derpiest faces since Tauren remake. Architecture, outfits, etc are very good, but the venthyr models themselves are just plain ugly and more visually reminiscent of ghouls than vampires, even when we look past the silly levels of disproportionateness.
    So, it simply falls down to your disdain of them.
    If i had to choose between a pale-colored blood elf and a true vampire, i'll choose the latter. In this case, the Venthyr.

I would argue San'layn'd be great for AR purposes, because the wing stuff has already been figured out with Demon Hunters, which could possibly allow them to introduce using their innate wings, as a flying mount option, while they already have all the flapping animation loops figured out, on a Blood Elf model. With the possibility of neat touches like alternate ears, unique ratials and tons of flavor. There is a lot more places to take thase than Void Elves and they've been well established over the years, on Azeroth.
    They were supposed to, but were killed off in BfA. That leaves the Venthyr open.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-12-02 at 03:45 PM.

It would not make sense for the Mogu to be Alliance when the Zandalari are Horde. Mogu and Zandalari gotta be together, otherwise what the fucks the point. But no Mogu should never be an Allied Race. They are one-dimensional villains who enslaved the whole Pandaren race for like a thousand years. Yeah, no. Mogu willingly fighting next to Pandaren would make even less sense than Covenant races coming to Azeroth.

San'layn are the worst thing Blizzard ever came up with. Pseudo-vampires at best, they are just a slap of edgelord paint over the 8th variation of Elves, not to mention Blood Elf DKs are already a thing.

Dark Irons were last relevant in MoP, introduced in BfA.
    Mag'har were last relevant in Wod, introduced in BfA.
    I did say most. And both of those are kind of representative of giving the already existing member races more customisation, which in case of the Mag'har already was in the game and just needed to become playable. As i said it'S not impossible for the Sethrak to happen i just believe that it's unlikely based on how Blizzard tends to release races/ARS/classes generally speaking.

[quoteSo, it simply falls down to your disdain of them.
    If i had to choose between a pale-colored blood elf and a true vampire, i'll choose the latter. In this case, the Venthyr.[/quote]

I've never claimed that my feelings on their depiction are anything other than subjective? (Where i don't believe that the Venthyr models and character design really lives up to the Vampire fantasy, as well as the Darkfallen) That said i still stand behind my point of their animation rig having to be significantly expanded, as something that works against them, in terms of actually getting on the level of the more lackluster ARs we've seen. *ahem* Nightborne *ahem*

They were supposed to, but were killed off in BfA. That leaves the Venthyr open.
    Like that ever stopped Blizzard

On a serious note it's easy enough to explain away, with there just being more of them than one ship's worth, in the group Sylvanas bargained with or have them be freed from Bolvar, when the helm got shattered and joining the one group, which has a history of accepting ex-scourge, without too many questions. And as i said there is a possibility of getting the best of both worlds here, if Blizzard were to play their cards right. We know they're willing to basically make an Aliance race, for largely cosmetic purposes, from the Mag'har, Zandalari, Dark Irons and such. Where they can just have the art team go wild with incredibly diverse customisation options, without having to do basically anything on the back end. (which is the poitn of allied races)