Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Glad I left this shit game...Ridiculous that phrase is considered profanity.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Glad I left this shit game...Ridiculous that phrase is considered profanity.
    In China only*

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    In China only*
    Ok. So not in America. That is good to hear. Then I may return next year once they have gotten rid of the booty grabbers and hopefully come out with a new expansion.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Capitalism gonna capitalism. China has more potential customers than USA, Canada, UK and EU combined. If you want ALL the money (And every fucking business does at the expense of everything else, regardless of if you're a megacorp or that little corner shop), and you're looking beyond your petty national borders, you sell out to China faster than Superman can fly around the world.
    The thing I hate about this is that the Chinese government has shown for decades at this point that it does not do business in good faith (and the Chinese government is the puppeteer behind every facet of business in China). You'd think the recent semiconductor heist that just invalidated a decade of R&D would be enough to make more businesses put hard brakes on their dealings in China, because time after time China has baited with a carrot, then once you get your hand in the door, they beat you senseless with a stick, and cut off your hand in the process. There is literally no doing business with China, never has been, never will be as long as it refuses to honor contracts it signs.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Got to suck up to the CCP for that sweet sweet money, turning a blind eye to their horrendous human rights issues... all the while virtue signalling about human rights and all that back home like a bunch of hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    The thing I hate about this is that the Chinese government has shown for decades at this point that it does not do business in good faith (and the Chinese government is the puppeteer behind every facet of business in China). You'd think the recent semiconductor heist that just invalidated a decade of R&D would be enough to make more businesses put hard brakes on their dealings in China, because time after time China has baited with a carrot, then once you get your hand in the door, they beat you senseless with a stick, and cut off your hand in the process. There is literally no doing business with China, never has been, never will be as long as it refuses to honor contracts it signs.
    Because as long as China offers cheap labor and is ok with being the scapegoat for Human Rights violations then people will keep going to them...

Why would anyone be surprised? This is Blizzard we are talking about

Never forget that Blizzard is perfectly fine with pandering to the CCP, known for child slave labour, detaining people indefinitely who speak out against the government, covering up global pandemics and actively carrying out a genocide against Uighur muslims.

But in-game paintings of women or the term 'consort' is too much and must be censored.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Didn't we already teach you this lesson, old man??

https://wow.tools/dbc/?dbc=chatprofa...h=freehongkong
    "FreeHongKong" is now profanity according to Chinese WoW client's chat filters.

fixed that for you. has zero impact on WoW outside of China

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    "FreeHongKong" is now profanity according to Chinese WoW client's chat filters.

fixed that for you. has zero impact on WoW outside of China
    The damage is done and this thread is going to be a constant "AMG Blizzard is China's Bitch" followed by someone correcting them that it's only in China followed by someone ELSE bitching about it, over and over and over and over

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    As the east rises the west will learn to respect its sensibilities. I expect it will be a rude awakening to a certain crowd in the West.
    WoW is located in the US and China is west of here. I agree with you that they should bow down to us.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Didn't we already teach you this lesson, old man??

https://wow.tools/dbc/?dbc=chatprofa...h=freehongkong

Edit: I was unaware that this only affects the Chinese client.
    Interesting. i wonder if people starts spamming BlackLivesMatter or LBGTQ in the US would generate similar response on the forums or chat.

Since in China, HK is a sensitive subject while in the US, there is the BLM, LBGTQ etc.

Good, there's no place for politics in any game. Keep your agenda in real life please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Why would anyone be surprised? This is Blizzard we are talking about

Never forget that Blizzard is perfectly fine with pandering to the CCP, known for child slave labour, detaining people indefinitely who speak out against the government, covering up global pandemics and actively carrying out a genocide against Uighur muslims.

But in-game paintings of women or the term 'consort' is too much and must be censored.
    so is literally every company ever. if you want to do buisness in china, you have to let them make a chinese version of your game.

blizzard has nothing to do with the chinese goverment, but if they want to provide their product to the chinese players they need to let the chinese game companies do what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

--- snip ---
    blizzard worships this man and the money he indirectly gives them.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-12-02 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    --- snip ---
    blizzard worships this man and the money he indirectly gives them.
    So everyone is butthurt at a news story from Janurary that only affects the china client? lol
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-12-02 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    So everyone is butthurt at a news story from Janurary that only affects the china client? lol
    Let's be real, this community doesn't need much of an excuse to jump on the anti-China bandwagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares. 10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Interesting. i wonder if people starts spamming BlackLivesMatter or LBGTQ in the US would generate similar response on the forums or chat.

Since in China, HK is a sensitive subject while in the US, there is the BLM, LBGTQ etc.
    Not a chance if you ask me. First Amendment and all. My impression was that the censorship was suggested by the CCP, not Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's literally for the Chinese client. If you gave a shit about delivering an unbiased message you'd edit that fact into your OP but we all know what this thread is really about.
    Not like half this site reads past the title

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Not like half this site reads past the title
    He did actually edit it into to the OP so I deleted that post.