Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Welp, guess its back to wow now, this is seriously fucked up, im fine with the queue but NOT with the dc WHILE ON QUEUE

Edit: 2500 on queue, made it to 1000, got kicked, now getting error 2002, fuck this, seriously, Warlords of Draenor lunch was worst than this but at least you were able to log into the game
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-12-04 at 11:54 PM.

I guess you guys must all be playing on the completely full servers. I logged into the EU servers today at 1 pm local time and had a queue of 40 (so just the usual staggered login queue).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Ya covid fucked things up pretty bad, they knew they needed to upgrade/ get more server but just couldn't, not enough chips to go around.. I understand why this is happening but it is still no fun.
    To be honest, I think what they need is some decent software engineers that can help them set up servers with readily available hardware. The way squeenix has described their process and all that has me believe that they run some extremely inefficient custom hackjob, which would also explain alot of the completely illogical limitations with inventory and stuff. Their DBs sould like a total mess that can't be expanded.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Ya covid fucked things up pretty bad, they knew they needed to upgrade/ get more server but just couldn't, not enough chips to go around.. I understand why this is happening but it is still no fun.
    MUH COVID.

A conventient excuse for incompetence/greed.
    Funny how other companies dont have this mysterious inability to secure servers for their new games, isnt it.

mate got in after 1.5 days of sitting in the queue and getting booted every time.
    Ofcourse, his wireless headset was low on battery now, so he disconnects it to charge.
    ZAMN, game just alt F4's itself again. Tries to log back in. ZAMN. Back at the end of the line.

Apparantly this pathetic spaget coded game cant handle swapping audio devices, especially BT devices without shitting itself, and this is supposedly a known and accepted issue.

He just refunded the game instead now. Cant blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobtoob View Post
    MUH COVID.

A conventient excuse for incompetence/greed.
    Funny how other companies dont have this mysterious inability to secure servers for their new games, isnt it.

mate got in after 1.5 days of sitting in the queue and getting booted every time.
    Ofcourse, his wireless headset was low on battery now, so he disconnects it to charge.
    ZAMN, game just alt F4's itself again. Tries to log back in. ZAMN. Back at the end of the line.

Apparantly this pathetic spaget coded game cant handle swapping audio devices, especially BT devices without shitting itself, and this is supposedly a known and accepted issue.

He just refunded the game instead now. Cant blame him.
    Yeah, but why make a new account to shit on the game? be a man and do it on your main

But why deflect and strawman instead of adressing the issue? Be a man instead of a nonce. Is it really THAT excruciatingly painful for you to admit the infallible award winning MMO fucked up again?

Honestly, this is worse than any WoW launch I've ever had to deal with. I'm not really pissed off about it, because I just go do other things. But waiting in queue for 30-60 mins, only to get kicked, repeatedly, is obnoxious. I'd rather be in the game, and have it lag a bit, than be in queue of over 4,000, never getting in.

Part of the issue is the servers were already having queues everyday, weeks and months prior. Really surprised SE didn't try to fix any of these issues prior to the headstart. Because if they're this bad now, Tuesday is going to be a nightmare. Most folks are going to have to wait a week or two before they can even really play. Then the h holidays are around the corner?

lol it really does seem, that NONE of these large gaming companies ever do the right things pre-launch. They've never learned, there are always massive amounts of issues, they can't ever fix them in a timely manner because they refuse to prepare properly. I'm just happy that I didn't care that much about this expansion, but for the folks that really want to play, I feel bad for them. Because this sucks. Seriously, I've never seen Wow during any expansion be as bad as these first two days.

Is the Queue of Doom stuff an EU thing or something?
    Im in Crysta NA and once passed the first hour on launch day, it's all been fine. A bigger queue then usual when i log in, but noone i play with has waited more then 20min to get in. So far, this launch has been smoother then anything i've experienced in WoW pre-Legion era.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Is the Queue of Doom stuff an EU thing or something?
    Im in Crysta NA and once passed the first hour on launch day, it's all been fine. A bigger queue then usual when i log in, but noone i play with has waited more then 20min to get in. So far, this launch has been smoother then anything i've experienced in WoW pre-Legion era.
    I play EU Chaos and no queue either, certainly not in the upper thousands. Even friday during launch it was only for the first couple hours, I got in immediately again after I logged out and came back 4 pm.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Honestly, this is worse than any WoW launch I've ever had to deal with. I'm not really pissed off about it, because I just go do other things. But waiting in queue for 30-60 mins, only to get kicked, repeatedly, is obnoxious. I'd rather be in the game, and have it lag a bit, than be in queue of over 4,000, never getting in.

Part of the issue is the servers were already having queues everyday, weeks and months prior. Really surprised SE didn't try to fix any of these issues prior to the headstart. Because if they're this bad now, Tuesday is going to be a nightmare. Most folks are going to have to wait a week or two before they can even really play. Then the h holidays are around the corner?

lol it really does seem, that NONE of these large gaming companies ever do the right things pre-launch. They've never learned, there are always massive amounts of issues, they can't ever fix them in a timely manner because they refuse to prepare properly. I'm just happy that I didn't care that much about this expansion, but for the folks that really want to play, I feel bad for them. Because this sucks. Seriously, I've never seen Wow during any expansion be as bad as these first two days.
    If you're talking about the little 20-50 queues all year, that's just login buffering, it's a way to combat DDoS I guess.

As for the rest, they tried to secure new hardware pre-launch but were unable to, and whatever way they have the servers set up I guess doesn't play well with cloud based solutions, so that's not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you're talking about the little 20-50 queues all year, that's just login buffering, it's a way to combat DDoS I guess.

As for the rest, they tried to secure new hardware pre-launch but were unable to, and whatever way they have the servers set up I guess doesn't play well with cloud based solutions, so that's not an option.
    I get what you're saying, but that isn't true for all servers. Plenty of servers have zero queues to log in ( outside of this headstart ).

As far as getting new hardware or not, not the fault of the consumer they did not plan accordingly. But going on day # 3 that most folks can't even log in? Thats bad. Real bad.

I get what you're saying, but that isn't true for all servers. Plenty of servers have zero queues to log in ( outside of this headstart ).

As far as getting new hardware or not, not the fault of the consumer they did not plan accordingly. But going on day # 3 that most folks can't even log in? Thats bad. Real bad.
    Is it really "most" folks? I'm sure it affects alot of people, but there is obviously plenty of people that just play right now.

IDK if they fixed it by EW, but FFXIV had its issue of mass AFKers sticking around 24/7. Many do it for RP purposes but if such an exploit still exists I can imagine it hurts the queue for many.

It is bad atm but nothing beats WoW Classic launch at the first week so far (in my experience).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    IDK if they fixed it by EW, but FFXIV had its issue of mass AFKers sticking around 24/7. Many do it for RP purposes but if such an exploit still exists I can imagine it hurts the queue for many.

It is bad atm but nothing beats WoW Classic launch at the first week so far (in my experience).
    For the most part, once you're in on FF you're in, Classic had a bad habit of kicking you out and giving you 8k+ queues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

They changed it awhile back to time you out after about 30 minutes. They only let you stay logged in AFK 24/7 when there are no queues and no congestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the best way to play is to log in at like 2am and just never log out...
    People are getting kicked sometimes too while in the game (it's happened to me and my husband, at least). Granted, that may not be common. Maybe the best way to play is to wake up very early and hope you're not kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    They changed it awhile back to time you out after about 30 minutes. They only let you stay logged in AFK 24/7 when there are no queues and no congestion.
    There was an exploit where if you were in crafting (like when you kneel), it couldn't kick you out, don't know if this was fixed but I think that's what he's referring to.

The queue on Tonberry is so bad at the moment you can't even get into the queue. It's just telling me the server is full and to wait until an opening is available and to try again. It was only like a 50 queue at 12pm this afternoon but when I logged out at 5:30pm and tried to get straight back in to see how the queue was faring it was too full to even queue. This is stupid :/

something must be broken, even visiting other servers I get the same error. I got into a queue on Unicorn which was like 174 but when I got to 99 it dumped me out saying the world is full, I tried again with a different server and it said the queue was 0 but I got kicked out with an error 3001 so I'd say something is broken on the Elemental Data Centre >_<
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2021-12-05 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

When there is queue and server crash that is a good sign believe it or not, it means the game is in the mega popular stage. From what i gathered shadowbringers had a smooth launch and the popularity has probably quadroupled itself since that.

those server upgrades for existing data centers and servers to setup the oceanic DC they wanted for EW would have been really nice, especially to handle the instance traveling overload on some servers. The shortage has been going on for quite a while now, the game industry is not the only one suffering, is there any news coverage why its still ongoing even after so much world wide pressure and potential resources?

Trying to check online about it is increasingly frustrating with wishy washy articles with a lot of extended paragraphs revealing nothing.

Am I reading it wrong or have they just given a full week of free game-time to all active accounts (subed or trial)? With a promise for more if they don't solve the issue? I know it's not a solution, but they are admitting the issues and compensating their players, which is something that most companies are not even remotely capable of doing nowadays.