Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would like them to be a PvP-PvE mixture. Players can either do PvE in an area guarded by NPCs to farm ressources, build the base, clear NPC enemies, etc. Those ressources then get used by the PvP players, which are granted buffs and additional NPC corps the more the PvE crew builds their base. Those players then advance on the enemy, which consists of players and their NPC troops as well.

In essence if all players choose to got PvE, then the NPC troops get the strongest and the warfront will be an economical battle. If all players go PvP, then it will be like a regular epic battleground.

There could be a mixture, where players could do PvE around captured outposts in the PvP area to fortify them. Those players are not guarded though and thus susceptible to enemy attacks.

I would make it 40vs40 or (for a nicer number) 50vs50.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quite liked Arathi, didn't like Darkshore though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Make it so tactics actually matter. Now it's just a grind. Harder content where you have to actually think strategically.
    It doesn't matter how a feature or game for that matter is built up if nothing of it matters and you can just go yolo.

Though this will be difficult with it being a multiplayer feature.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    problem with warfronts is that there weren't enough. we got 2 warfronts and they were boring auto win things. they could've spiced it up by having them all over Azeroth, involving the local flora/fauna/tribes - like make one in Desolace and we rally one faction of centaur behind us which turns the other hostile who then attack us. STV - have wild animals launch attacks from the shadows. at least then it would've spiced things up a bit
    As i've said about Warfronts before, it was a feature that Blizzard could have kept and evolved over time for each xpac. It could be a warfront set in new xpac zones or somewhere in the old world, preferrably EK/K. Right now we could have had a warfront in SL fighting the jailers forces.

As they do with other things in the game, they could have learned and listened to what went wrong and changed the feature.

IE is another wasted content feature that could have been changed and tweaked to be better. The issue with IE was that it had to be farmed for AP, and people did it ALOT. Shockingly enough, they did the same stupid mistake with torghast.

The game screams after more content besides raid/dung & pvp. something to do on the side, something different. Each time Blizzard introduce it, they 100% give up on it come next xpac. Then they either find something new(and toss it) or dont bother trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Quite liked Arathi, didn't like Darkshore though.
    Same. I enjoyed Arathi, did it on multiple characters. It was cool to do when it was up. Was also nice to go to the zone and collect mounts, gear etc.

I actually made a fan made new feature that’s basically a much more improved version of warfronts:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...y-through-Time

The idea is that you can team up as Alliance and Horde and go back in time in order to help out certain major lore events, doing objectives as a team while you can also choose to do things by yourself. Splitting your raid where one group needs to defend a base or a lore character while the others go out in the zone and do objectives that gives your base more resources to upgrade their troops and help out to defend. At the end you get to fight the final boss which needs your entire raid group to kill. I also found it an ideal way to bring back the Caverns of Time by not returning it as a dungeon or raid.

I go way more in depth with my thread with some ideas or lore events that would make a good new warfront. It would also age way better than BFA’s warfronts and carry over to next expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    It should've been solo with the option to play in a group, like Torghast, and since the strategic decisions would be placed squarely on your shoulders if it were solo, there should be actual strategic decisions to make. Like playing Warcraft 3 with your character as the hero unit.
    yeah that's what i did imagine, it is my fault i didn't focus on the many other players part but still that is probably how i imagined it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I didn't like them
    Aesthetically they were very good but I think that what I expected from this game mode differentiated too much from what Blizzard was planning.

The warfronts I wanted
    I was really envisioning warfronts to be an alternative to raiding night once every two weeks. And every time you land there, you face a different commander who's empowering different units and thus you having to strategise differently on which objective has most value.
    I was also a bit more interesting in the squad leader aspect of the warfront, giving your role a real speciality amongst the following : defender, resource gatherer, blitz squad, scout, aerial support, range, brawlers

Don't we already have too many activities?
    I'm not sure I'd like Blizzard to give it another shot. It's a shame because they've obviously spent a valuable time perfecting it. But the biggest issue I see with Warfronts is that they are a whole other game entirely, which makes it harder to find them a spot in the interest of the players. You can force players to play it like they have done with island expeditions and Torghast, but players already have a lot to do with dungeons, arenas, battlegrounds and raids.
    I said above I could see it as "an alternative to raiding night once every two weeks", but then it would just be viewed as a less lucrative boss fight and balancing issues will probably make it either way easier or way harder.

I wouldnt mind seeing those warfront becoming battlegrounds 40vs40

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    and they were boring auto win things
    Auto win wasn't even the problem IMO, that's ok if you expect everyone to participate just like lfr. Way bigger turn off for me was that you couldn't speed up the win by playing good.

I hope they never come back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Actually I like warfronts.
    Something different while telling a part of the story.

Well what I like to see as warfront:
    - Stone Talon Mountains
    - Theramore

10+ Year Old Account
    Warfronts should be completely reworked. They should be rated PvP activity only for premade groups. Raid leader should be the one to select upgrades, etc, other people should either work as grunts (farming, mining) or help with assaults. That would be fun. But 99% of WoW players are not social enough, so they won't see this content and Blizzard apparently wants to design content for 100% of players instead of 2% of players which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    PvP Moba-like game.

But instead of items you could buy buffs for your army.
    I'd like to imagine that this was the original intent behind the game mode hence the 3 lane structure, the minions etc. and somewhere along the way someone said "but people don't play PvP! People didn't like Ashran!" and they just turned it into this trivial PvE chore.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Warfronts needed a PVP mode.
    Wouldn't they be exactly the same what "epic" battlegrounds are?

The problem with warfronts are they need to be tuned to be extremely difficult to be interesting at all but even if they did that. All they would get is a poor man's raid people would scream about not being able to pug.

All content designed for all players is destined to fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    And with that comment you reveal who you actually are Krakan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    A loss condition
    This, and a PvP mode can't be worse than most of the epic BG we currently have.

I loved Warfronts. It felt a bit like old school Alterac Valley, which I also loved. Add to that the race themed bases and army units to give that vibe. The objectives were inspired by Warcraft 3, which was kind of cool. The transmog sets to collect were awesome.

Overall I loved it. The only downside was it is a bit repetitive and sometimes too easy. If it were a little tougher and had more variety I'd love for it to make a comeback, especially with new racial transmog sets to collect.

To be honest I'd have wanted Blizzard to double down on the Warfronts instead of having only 2 in the expansion. But it would need some added randomness to make it interesting for a longer period of time and added challenge.

warfront but where its actually 40 vs 40 players plus all the mobs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    It should've been solo with the option to play in a group, like Torghast, and since the strategic decisions would be placed squarely on your shoulders if it were solo, there should be actual strategic decisions to make. Like playing Warcraft 3 with your character as the hero unit.
    yeah also use resources earned to buff your hero into oblivion with those books, of course with caps on stats to not crash the servers

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    yeah also use resources earned to buff your hero into oblivion with those books, of course with caps on stats to not crash the servers
    So make them islands with a building system to draw it out?