Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HansLolo View Post
    Less people are with WM on?
    Just to elaborate further (didn't read the whole thread), War Mode also has special population rules. Every War Mode shard is either 50:50 balanced, or all Horde (because more Horde players tend to have WM on). If you're a player on the dominant faction, then there's a high chance that you'll be put on an "overflow" shard in War Mode and see significantly fewer people.

I wouldn't be surprised if War Mode shards also just have lower population targets overall, to keep it from becoming a completely unplayable bloodbath of PvP.

All guilds I know, including my own, are experiencing massive player inactivity. It's not that people quit the guilds, but they stop playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    All guilds I know, including my own, are experiencing massive player inactivity. It's not that people quit the guilds, but they stop playing the game.
    Thats been said and happening since wow launched. Its nothing new. Guilds & players come and go. When 9.2 is out, lots of people come back. I perfectly understand why people dont play now, most content has been done for a while now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Thats been said and happening since wow launched. Its nothing new. Guilds & players come and go. When 9.2 is out, lots of people come back. I perfectly understand why people dont play now, most content has been done for a while now anyway.
    While that's true, we maintained more than double the activity throughout BfA and early SL as compared to now. We had about 60 active people and seeing 20-30 online at a given evening wasn't unusual. Now it gravitates around and under 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Is it something to do with WM maybe? I also walk around with WM on and my server is considered full.
    I used to play exclusively on PVP server, but honestly I just didn't have time to deal with 20 player gank squads in warmode when I was just trying to get to the raid or summon my group to the mythic+ dungeon. Theres no reason to be out in the world anyway, so why make it harder on myself to get to instanced content? (This was before I quit in May). My mythic guild that got to Stone legion generals all quit WoW and is getting ready to raid in ff14 right now.

Hi guys,

I got plenty of experience and Ive seen all of the interations of WoW. But wanted to return to 9.1.5 and try Korthia.

Being the achievement hunter - I wanted to get some guild perks. I looked up guilds that I could casually join and start farming some points. I found the biggest and oldest guild on my server. On primetime there would be around 4-5 active(out of 900 members) - most of the time I was alone.

Walking around the streets - it felt more empty. Torghast chat is gone. The most activity is in Korthia during the gankfests. The big achievement communities are silent - the ranked PvP BGs are lacking in the group section(granted, I compare it all to 9.0 when everything was fresh, which might be a mistake).

Are we on a break - or do you guys also feel wierd about these times? I don't want to return to some empty game, so could use some positivity.
    Those big spam invite guilds always end up with only a few members being actually online...
    Almost all of my alts that aren't 60 were invite to such guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    While that's true, we maintained more than double the activity throughout BfA and early SL as compared to now. We had about 60 active people and seeing 20-30 online at a given evening wasn't unusual. Now it gravitates around and under 10.
    I dont doubt what you are saying, but thats just how its always been. This time around its your guild(and others) turn to experience this.

I could use the very same arguments as you have used on my previous guild, from when I was activly being a guild/raiding player. We had major drop off of people online and that was during the time when wow was REALLY popular. Even though it was poppin off, our guild died off. That just happens with guild all the time, no matter the state of wow.

In the end its all anecdotal evidence. Its extra felt since you are the one experiencing it, trust me I know. Your guild and friends start logging off, only natural thinking is that the game is dying.

Truth is, guilds come and go. Always have, always will.

Also with retail wow - I think alot of people have come to the realization that theres not really any big need for being in a guild. Being in a guild today means scheduled raiding at higher diffiulties(HC/Mythic atleast), while I would wager alot of the playerbase dont really care about that so much.

Most can be pugged, if not everything. While guilds used to be the social hub and were you did raiding etc, its not really like that anymore. Theres communities to join in game and you have discord communities to hang out in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I used to play exclusively on PVP server, but honestly I just didn't have time to deal with 20 player gank squads in warmode when I was just trying to get to the raid or summon my group to the mythic+ dungeon. Theres no reason to be out in the world anyway, so why make it harder on myself to get to instanced content? (This was before I quit in May). My mythic guild that got to Stone legion generals all quit WoW and is getting ready to raid in ff14 right now.
    Why did you have WM on in the first place?

I have been playing since classic and mostly on RP servers.

In RP servers, when people had nothing to do in content droughts, they would chat alot in the tradechat, rp in Stormwind or just troll around in Goldshire.

They would achi hunt, mog hunt, or just pvp together.

I thought people would come back in 9.1.5 but my guild is still dead. This is the first time I have seen it dead in many years. In content droughts there would usually still be like 50 people on, now its like 2-3.

I havent checked Korthia yet as I uninstalled the game after the news about Bob, but I bet it contains barely a few percentage of players Mechagon used to be populated by in 8.3.

Shadowlands is a boring garbage expansion but I dont think its the expansion that killed my server. WoD (which sucked 50000 times more than SL), and its godawful SELFIE patch is the proof that the game could survive. I am slowly losing my will to play any game. I have female family members and I love them, everytime I try to think about the gaming industry I think about how the "gamer" people would just make my female family members feel bad. Like really, BREASTMILK BEING STOLEN!?

If the US servers are still popular, good for them. I am still a TINY bit optimistic. Maybe the game will be sold to another company with old nonfratboyemployees that can build up the game to make it become the top game again.
    Last edited by Redshirtz; 2021-12-12 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick a better more populated server.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I dont doubt what you are saying, but thats just how its always been. This time around its your guild(and others) turn to experience this.

I could use the very same arguments as you have used on my previous guild, from when I was activly being a guild/raiding player. We had major drop off of people online and that was during the time when wow was REALLY popular. Even though it was poppin off, our guild died off. That just happens with guild all the time, no matter the state of wow.

In the end its all anecdotal evidence. Its extra felt since you are the one experiencing it, trust me I know. Your guild and friends start logging off, only natural thinking is that the game is dying.

Truth is, guilds come and go. Always have, always will.

Also with retail wow - I think alot of people have come to the realization that theres not really any big need for being in a guild. Being in a guild today means scheduled raiding at higher diffiulties(HC/Mythic atleast), while I would wager alot of the playerbase dont really care about that so much.

Most can be pugged, if not everything. While guilds used to be the social hub and were you did raiding etc, its not really like that anymore. Theres communities to join in game and you have discord communities to hang out in.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did you have WM on in the first place?
    WM in legion/BFA actually gave rewards that were worth keeping it on. I never did world quests in shadowlands so there was no point to have warmode on since it would just be an inconvenience when getting to the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Pick a better more populated server.

I am not sure if there is a bigger alliance/rp server of alliance but if they fire all the higher ups and start changing Blizzard from scratch I might play again and I bet so will the rest of AD.

I trust the normal employees, it would suck that they would lose the jobs because of a CEO stealing others name and death threatening people, higher up idiots that harrass and fire people who dont tolerate getting bullied and take infants milk for themselves.

These handpicked psychopaths needs to stay far away from jobs with humans. In fact, some should be in prison propably.

I see - so big guilds doesn't represent activity necessarily.
    It's mostly the current timing. We're at the end of a patch and both serious and casual guilds tend to fall off and take breaks at this point. Plus FFXIV Endwalker just came out, and while in the past, other games really did not impact WoW much, you'd be absolutely in denial if one would think that Endwalker isn't having a big impact on active players in WoW at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Did you just completely ignore shadowlands design is shit and its plagued by extreme levels of content draught?
    I literally mentioned the content. But it doesn't matter. Game is not dead and not empty. No matter how much people on MMO-Champion want to tell everyone how bad the game si and that we should leave immediatly.

It seems to me that the game is alive so i often play rbg blizzard onelove, what is your situation pve?

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    PVE? Mythic+ is active, there is a lot of groups in LFG, i think same with raids, pve is more popular then pvp
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    3.7 millions accounts bought SL.

1.7 million characters were recently active according to wowrealmpopulation.

When you factor in multiboxing gold farmers, and players playing 2 to 3 characters per account , even without official figures, it's easy to see there is a huge dip.
    Thanks for the update, Bellular. I especially like how you accounted for China with those numbers. (You know, China, the place where Blizzard's APIs don't pick up player activity. Not like that'd matter, right?) Any other pointless figures you'd like to toss out which have nothing to do with the subject of the thread?

Can't speak for others but my group of ~10 friends have been unsubbed since about 2months into the expansion. None of us were having fun anymore and decided to dedicate our free time on other games. FFXIV has been a good distraction and there's a few other smaller games that we've been having fun in. WoW just started to feel like a chore. It wasn't fun anymore, it sucks to feel like 15 years of effort is gone though.

Then there's the whole Activision-Blizzard stuff going on and we're all on the same page on not supporting the company anymore.

We're also all in our late 20's / early 30's and have a lot of personal life stuff going on (kids, work, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Keggers View Post
    Can't speak for others but my group of ~10 friends have been unsubbed since about 2months into the expansion. None of us were having fun anymore and decided to dedicate our free time on other games. FFXIV has been a good distraction and there's a few other smaller games that we've been having fun in. WoW just started to feel like a chore. It wasn't fun anymore, it sucks to feel like 15 years of effort is gone though.

Then there's the whole Activision-Blizzard stuff going on and we're all on the same page on not supporting the company anymore.

We're also all in our late 20's / early 30's and have a lot of personal life stuff going on (kids, work, etc).
    It's okay to move onto other games if you feel like one isn't delivering the experience you want.

The truth a lot of WoW players don't want to hear?

The current playerbase has no clue how to add more people.

I've watched WoW become a game that once stole the market because of how casual and easy to play it was compared to EQ and UO.

Now you're down the rabbit hole of overtuned content, lack of group finding tools, and just an overall heavy reliance that raids and M+ isn't enough to add new players.

It's not. Gang we're in 2021 and players want play and go and then you make friends from there. WoW's devs, and their most vocal base who somehow never really added players, are all wrong. Ya'll can't read the room because you refuse to turn on the lights to see who's in the room. FF14 figured it out. Yet WoW is just being dumb.
    I really like this post. I thought I was the only old fart that remembered it this way. I was a hardcore EQ raider. I quit EQ even though I loved that game more than any other to play WoW on day 1 because I could actually have a life and play a mmorpg. Vanilla WoW was utterly amazing and blew the competition out of the water because it was CASUAL. Sadly over the years the usual hardcore vampires got their talons on the game and now we have a hardcore min/max seasonal turd pile.

Whats funny is the hardcore players hate it too now. Same with EQ. Hardcore players in POP and God would bitch and moan about how the rathe council was too hard, how Aqua was buggy as all hell as if these were the real problems with the game. How about that it had become so hardcore you were lucky to even get a decent nights sleep without some raid member calling you telling you Coirnav was up at 3am and to get your behind to the reef asap?

Last time I played WoW was SL release around Dec 2020. I had a whole month off. I played pretty hardcore for at least a week or 2. I thought I was cruising doing some heroic dungeons so quickly, yet people were already in the middle of mythic +. I started asking people's played time on the forums and was shocked how quickly they had racked up time. Way more than me. I realized then and there that the game was no longer a casual mmo at all.

Game is completely different from release now. There should be 1-2 raid difficulties, 1-2 dungeon difficulties. All the rest of the resources should be put towards other parts of the game.

Other games who have less polish than WoW have figured this out. Blizzard needs to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by saeadeb View Post
    WoW is definitely in a decline. That said, it'll still be crazy busy on new patch/new xpac drops. Coming back 6 months into any patch will feel dead compared to an xpac launch.
    My realm isn't dead. I see tons of people all over the place and that is steady whether at a patch launch or 6 months after.