Poll: How much hype?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Tournament dailies varied?
    A variation between all dailies. Don't rewrite the argument.

Nevermind that ignoring something like Netherwing, which is a pretty unique Rep faction, is pretty dishonest.
    The vast majority of Netherwing's rep grind is camping egg spawns.

As far as difficulty is concerned, nobody that has done OHF or BF HC would even dare to compare them to Wotlk heroics, both dungeons are a complete pain unless you have a solid comp.
    OHF is vastly overstated, and BF is not difficult. Obnoxious mechanics do not make an encounter hard, they make it annoying.

Compare that to people getting heroic achievement drakes in week one.

And frankly, Magtheridon pre nerf is probably harder than anything that the enterity of T7 offers, maybe OS+3D, but that's debatable because you can just cheese it.
    Magtheridon was a walk in, one shot, walk out on week one. Absolutely zero difficulty to it at all.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    A variation between all dailies. Don't rewrite the argument.
    Yep and most of those are pointless because you'll be wearing a tabard in dungeons.

I reiterate, if you're doing Knights of the Ebon Blade dailies, you'll be in the minority because the majority will be pushing Rep in dungeons.
    The vast majority of Netherwing's rep grind is camping egg spawns.
    That is an option, not a requirement.
    OHF is vastly overstated, and BF is not difficult. Obnoxious mechanics do not make an encounter hard, they make it annoying.
    They're still leagues above any Wotlk Heroic, where the MO is for literally every trashpack:
    Tank goes in, AoE starts.

Whereas something like "CC this pack on the fly or the tank might die" does sure make it a bit harder.
    Compare that to people getting heroic achievement drakes in week one.
    It might surprise you to learn that but some people aren't that much interested in achievements the second time around.
    Magtheridon was a walk in, one shot, walk out on week one. Absolutely zero difficulty to it at all.
    Sure, let's see what happens when one of the many people assigned to klick slacks.
    T7 doesn't have an encounter where one specific person must act or the raid wipes, even Razuvious can be circumvented with CD's.

You can talk down the difficulty of TBC, but you can't lift T7 up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yep and most of those are pointless because you'll be wearing a tabard in dungeons.

I reiterate, if you're doing Knights of the Ebon Blade dailies, you'll be in the minority because the majority will be pushing Rep in dungeons.

That is an option, not a requirement.
    Can we just take a moment to admire the complete 180 in your argument here?

They're still leagues above any Wotlk Heroic, where the MO is for literally every trashpack:
    Tank goes in, AoE starts.
    This has been my experience as a Prot Paladin throughout TBC. CC is used when you've warriors or bears that can't hold aoe threat. I can't remember the last time I saw CC in a 5 man.

It might surprise you to learn that but some people aren't that much interested in achievements the second time around.
    The word some is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting here.

Sure, let's see what happens when one of the many people assigned to klick slacks.
    Really, that's your idea of difficult? Clicking a cube? I mean it's even more simple than phase 3 Malygos drake control.

T7 doesn't have an encounter where one specific person must act or the raid wipes, even Razuvious can be circumvented with CD's.
    And Magtheridon has room for backups, you really oversell how not difficult that fight is. I'm not saying T7 is hard, it's not, but people seemingly making out TBC to be better under some false guise that T4 is difficult need to take off the rose tinted specs.

You can talk down the difficulty of TBC, but you can't lift T7 up.
    They're both free loot tiers. Only the difference is no one tries to make T7 more than it is, people constantly hype T4 in the way the classic crowd overhyped AQ40 and Naxx
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Can we just take a moment to admire the complete 180 in your argument here?
    What 180?
    If you want to grind Netherwing, you can choose to go egghunting all day, or you can do dailies every day.
    If you want to grind Knights of the Ebon Blade with dailies instead of wearing the tabard inside the dungeon...okay, you do you, i guess.
    Then that grind will take you a month or two instead of a few days, depending on how many heroics you'll do.

Disregarding the obvious difference between the Netherwing faction and Knights of the Ebon Blade, Netherwing is purely cosmetic and Knights sell gear, which is largely useless if you can clear Naxx 10.
    This has been my experience as a Prot Paladin throughout TBC. CC is used when you've warriors or bears that can't hold aoe threat. I can't remember the last time I saw CC in a 5 man.
    Okay, now imagine you're not a prot pally, which is 2/3 of the tank classes available in TBC.
    The word some is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting here.
    Because it's completely disengenous to argue about achievements, the [Hero of X] achievements were never a benchmark of difficulty, completely disregarding that nothing compareable exists in TBC as nothing awards you something for defeating a boss in a specific manner.
    Really, that's your idea of difficult? Clicking a cube? I mean it's even more simple than phase 3 Malygos drake control.
    I didn't say it's my idea of difficult, but it is more difficult than what you face in Naxx, Maly or OS, because one person fucking it up won't wipe you.

Completely ignoring the fact that in its prenerf state, you had to rotate, which is something you ignore just because..?
    You know the chance of failure grows with more people involved?
    And Magtheridon has room for backups
    Backups don't do shit if one person simply *forgets* to klick.
    They're both free loot tiers. Only the difference is no one tries to make T7 more than it is, people constantly hype T4 in the way the classic crowd overhyped AQ40 and Naxx
    No, it's the other way around, you try to drag T4 onto an even lower level than it already is.
    T7 is bottom of the barrel difficulty, T4 just happens to be slightly above that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Many valid points, but, in all honesty, just for Ulduar and ICC it will be worth it if you enjoy PvE...
    ICC was mediocre, at best.

If you omit LK HC fight, you're left with a raid instance that was far far below average. The first 11 fights were plain bad. It's ONLY remembered fondly because of Lich King. Even if the fight was identical, but they exchanged LK model with Hogger, people would have hated the entire instance.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    ICC was mediocre, at best.

If you omit LK HC fight, you're left with a raid instance that was far far below average. The first 11 fights were plain bad. It's ONLY remembered fondly because of Lich King. Even if the fight was identical, but they exchanged LK model with Hogger, people would have hated the entire instance.
    Says who? There's a reason it's remembered as one of the best raids ever. 11 weren't "plain bad", that's just nonsense.

Below average. Too much sweat / minmaxing within Classic peeps. It keeps many players at bay.

The same way
    vanilla > classic
    Tbc >>> TBC classic

I expect Wotlk > Wotlk classic. It will be better than tbcc because of system like LFD, DKs, Northrend and Ulduar. But nowhere near as good as OG LK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    He's more than right tho

- - - Updated - - -

For those who say Woltk was shit and blabla, there's a reason why it's been forever the most populated version of the game in private servers, and that is because wotlk simply is the best replayable version of the game.

Personally as a PVPer, I can't wait to play wrath arena in proper brackets, since TBC/ SL arena are both trash, one because its too slow paced/old, and the other because retail class design is literal garbage. I wanna enjoy again the wrath/cata/mop pvp which actually was pretty good (I still play arena in a wotlk p server).

On the other hand Vanilla/TBC is cool to replay ONCE (I already had that on Nost), simply because the time demand to gear up one character is literally insane (this game was made back in the day so you could enjoy one class in the long term). Hell , I don't even know how people can play a 1 year seasonal server of classic, but I guess there's ppl for everything in life.
    While agree, SL arena is certainly not slow. WotLK > All
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Says who? There's a reason it's remembered as one of the best raids ever. 11 weren't "plain bad", that's just nonsense.
    That reason, as I wrote, was purely because of LK and the hype around that character.

ICC was not even top 5, when it was current. Not even top 10 today.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it in high school and did all the content. It was magical then. Ill never capture the magic again. Will be passing on WOTLK (also playing classic and tbc classic since 2018, I'm honestly done with the game lmao).

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Below average. Too much sweat / minmaxing within Classic peeps. It keeps many players at bay.

The same way
    vanilla > classic
    Tbc >>> TBC classic

I expect Wotlk > Wotlk classic. It will be better than tbcc because of system like LFD, DKs, Northrend and Ulduar. But nowhere near as good as OG LK.
    Imagine that ... content was better was it was fresh and the expansion was new ...

Why would minmaxing keep players at bay? People are free to choose the groups and playstyle that suit them. There are guilds suiting every approach at the game ... hell these days you don't even need one, you can just pug.

You do realize "sweating" existed back then too right? Guilds like Nihlium who did day raiding and a 7/7 schedule? Oh that's right, back then people called them no-life, but since now these players finish all content in a matter of hours/days, they can't be called that anymore. Guess the old "People better than you have no life and people worse are noobs" can never die, it's just a matter a being mad at them in a different way.

There always were and always will be people who want to squeeze the best performance out of the game, you just seem to not have been aware of them back in the day.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-12-19 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Imagine that ... content was better was it was fresh and the expansion was new ...

Why would minmaxing keep players at bay? People are free to choose the groups and playstyle that suit them. There are guilds suiting every approach at the game ... hell these days you don't even need one, you can just pug.

You do realize "sweating" existed back then too right? Guilds like Nihlium who did day raiding and a 7/7 schedule? Oh that's right, back then people called them no-life, but since now these players finish all content in a matter of hours/days, they can't be called that anymore. Guess the old "People better than you have no life and people worse are noobs" can never die, it's just a matter a being mad at them in a different way.

There always were and always will be people who want to squeeze the best performance out of the game, you just seem to not have been aware of them back in the day.
    I am well aware thank you. Did raid hardcore up to Ulduar before i quit back then is ToC because the raid was crap.

I keep hearing "it did exist back then". Of course it did. That it exist is a good thing. That it went from being a 20% top guilds then to 80% of active guild now is not. That's is what i am trying to say. The mindset of players / guilds nowadays is completely different. It's about loot and performance. The vast majority of guilds back then was about having fun with a roster of buddies. Most played to down bosses and raids. Not achieve a 99 pers on a spreadsheet.

Above average.
    I know I can't recreate the magical time again, but I love the Wrath storyline most of all wow addons, so I will have nice 2 years of re-living it again. Also I dont mind hc dungeons being a faceroll fest, since nearly everybody has less time now than back in the days. At least there wont be gatekeepers in chat "Lf OnLy DpS wItH Cc" like in tbc classic. Just passing time in sholazar basin, doing dailys and listening to the music. That will be enough for me to feel good again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath did a lot of things right. I'm definitely more hyped for it than TBC, and I'd argue atleast half the guild I'm in is currently staying in TBC in order to secure a raid spot for Wrath, myself included.

PvP was at a high point.

2 excellent main raids that usually rate in the top 5 for most people.

New Class (Bit biased. DK is far and beyond my favorite class in Warcraft)

Gearing was easy, but not senselessly so. It felt easy to get alts up to speed, but still satisfying to get the best pieces.

Achievements. While some find it tedious busywork, I find them to be a good motivator. I'm excited to do the Glory meta achievements if nothing else. The mounts were all pretty high quality by my estimate. I like all of them, which can't be said for any other expansion since.

The return of Legendary questlines. Anyone who ever made a Thunderfury, Tarecgosa's Wrath, Val'anyr or Shadowmourne know what I'm talking about. Its such a highlight when everyone comes together to make you a legendary weapon. I'm not ashamed to say I was teary-eyed when I did the RP to make my Shadowmourne back in Wrath. With my whole raid-team at my back cheering me on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    The mounts were all pretty high quality by my estimate.
    Yes, Proto Drakes are also my most favourite mounts till today. The tower grind for the blue one, the egg waiting for the green one, the storm peaks grinding for the lost one, the hc achivements for the red one, and the raid achivements for the black and ulduar drakes. I loved them all and I'm exited to grind them all again, all but for the lost proto maybe. That will be too time consuming I believe :P

WotLK will be the last "expansion" of WoW I will ever play again. WotLK was always the penultimum of expansions. The peak of raiding.

I never had more fun with any game than i had with WoTLK. Last time i was online in retail i was basically just in northrend because i was so sick of SL. The only thing that will get me subbed to WoW again is wrath classic

I actually resubbed yesterday in anticipation of Wotlk. I will try to play as much as possible during TBC and SOM which i truly adore both. I basically quitted as a hardcore WoWer during Sunwell and for me all those things are fresh and i anticipate them with excitement.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz's current situation has squandered any hype Wrath Classic would have had. You can play it without endorsing Kotik.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It will be like all things WoW. Tons of suckers suckered into a month or two. Then a base that sticks around and just raid logs while either shamelessly bitching about the game or shamelessly defending it. I mean it's like almost a 20 year tradition at this point.