Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    thy are pretty much, and there was a few back then in cata, one was a boss i think, called Gyth, very few reach adulthood, more too because they used magic to forceful age then.

But yeah i don't think they will play any role, we might get one or two as mount, and thats it.
    Per my concept, you could use Chromatic dragons as the basis for a class that can swap between flights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    The real reason we cant have Dragonsworn is because it'd make all our hero classes be multi word names beginning with 'D'
    Eh, I don't think that's an issue whatsoever. If it is an issue, they'll just name it something else.

Thing is, a class based on Wrathion that allows you to play as a dragon would probably be the most popular class in WoW very quickly. Especially if it covers all the holes in the class lineup, which it should have no problem doing.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You remind me of this whackjob who protested outside my store once calling us all Nazi supporters because we wouldn't let them put up their anti-Nazi banners everywhere. One of the oldest tricks in the book. "If you're not loudly decying something then you're secretly in support of it." Hm. Aren't conspiracy theories banned on these forums?
    https://www.polygon.com/22785524/bli...journal-report
    https://nypost.com/2021/11/17/activi...report-on-ceo/
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/activis...ns-11637075680
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/activis...ms-11637533064
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-culture.html

You are the holocaust denier in this scenario.
    Chronomancer Club

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Per my concept, you could use Chromatic dragons as the basis for a class that can swap between flights..
    that is pretty much possible, but i don't think blizzard would do that, we saw their lame DH thing, they would more or less focus on the 5 aspects

There's a long, LONG way between "there's sexual misconduct at offices in southern California" and "the entire holding company of tens of thousands of people around the world support rapists." But yeah, hyperbole away. You DO know what a holding company is, right? If someone at say a Star Wars studio causes a scandal does that mean everyone who works at Disney supports it? Also, thanks for today's helping of Godwin's law, btw.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2021-12-20 at 12:49 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

To be honest, dragons are the most boring and generic creatures WoW has to offer. Not to mention their typically awful voice acting.

That is correct, sir.
    "At BlizzCon 2010, it was mentioned in an offhand comment that something called a "dragonman" was based on unused concept art for a scrapped idea for a playable race. It may have been these dragonmen."

They don't seem to grasp it.
    Dragonsworn are called that because they swear allegiance to the Dragonflights, like you would a Covenant in the Shadowlands. That would grant you borrowed power abilities at best.

And you believe it would be better than past expansions given the record history of the developers as of lately? What can i tell you... you're optimistic, for sure.

I wouldn't want the current narrative and writing teams to touch dragons with a ten thousand foot pole if I were a fan of WoW dragons. I'm not, they're the most boring incarnation of dragons in fantasy I've ever seen, especially after the depowering and sterilization. Still don't think they deserve further neutering. Dragons are often annoyingly overrated in anything they're present in. I've seen only a few modern portrayals of dragons I like. Wow's dragons ignore what makes dragons interesting and instead makes them scaly elves and humans in the blandest way possible. Let's be clear so no one here twists my words: I don't hate dragons. They can be beautiful, intimidating, badass, etc. If done well, they can be one of the most interesting elements in books, games and television but the delivery seldom goes beyond fire breathing lizard lusting for dominance/princesses/treasure.

Yup, we'd get a dragonkin race which would defeat the purpose of any made up dragon themed class. They'd probably have two forms, a humanoid form with draconic elements and dragon form which would have to be fairly small to not block targets for other people. Or they're the dragonmen pictured above. I have nothing against an expansion featuring dragons and going to the dragon isles, but the bulk of its focus shouldn't be about dragons alone especially after all the world changing shit that's transpired in the last two expansions. I'd prefer a considerable portion to be centered on rebuilding after conflict, the continuation of stories that require attention, more racial focus, and healing. Dragons can take part in that too, as they also need to rebuild their ruined legacy. I don't see them trying to re-empower the dragons after the "Age of mortals thing." But then they fucked the Lich King so one can never be too sure.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    I'd prefer a considerable portion to be centered on rebuilding after conflict, the continuation of stories that require attention, more racial focus, and healing. Dragons can take part in that too, as they also need to rebuild their ruined legacy. I don't see them trying to re-empower the dragons after the "Age of mortals thing." But then they fucked the Lich King so one can never be too sure.

So could you see a scenario where while we're going to the Dragon Isles, a significant portion of the expansion also deals with an industrial revolution on Azeroth where Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes have kind of joined forces in strengthening the world post-Shadowlands? This could facilitate airship housing and a mechanic class.

How so?
    Do you propose it would be based on Faerie, Mechanical, Ardenweald Dragons, Cloud Serpents and Rylaks?

This has been pretty much debunked after the introduction of Zereth Mortis as the zone for 9.2.

Which is, indeed, a peculiar addition.
    Though, a Mechanic class in a Dragon-themed expansion would be totally off. It deserves its own mechanical-themed expansion.

To be honest, dragons are the most boring and generic creatures WoW has to offer. Not to mention their typically awful voice acting.

That is correct, sir.
    "At BlizzCon 2010, it was mentioned in an offhand comment that something called a "dragonman" was based on unused concept art for a scrapped idea for a playable race. It may have been these dragonmen."

Apparently, Chimaeras are related to Dragons.

There is a cat bundle, actually:

They don't seem to grasp it.
    Dragonsworn are called that because they swear allegiance to the Dragonflights, like you would a Covenant in the Shadowlands. That would grant you borrowed power abilities at best.

And you believe it would be better than past expansions given the record history of the developers as of lately? What can i tell you... you're optimistic, for sure.

Dragons diguised as mortals are not Dragonsworn. Stop misleading people. Wrathion is not a Dragonsworn, he's a full-on Dragon. Go read on the RPG class before spreading misinformation.

Don't you see the mist in the picture? It's more likely going to be the MoP case of island. There's no logic in it floating in the air. It's not Dalaran, nor is it a dimension.

If anything, they would most likely combine Red and Green, like they did with the Serpent and Crane for Mistweavers, and Bronze and Blue, since they are both related to Arcane magic. So, you'd end up with 3 specs. One for healing, one for DPSing and one for tanking.

So, they are introducing a whole new Dragon-themed expansion but would leave out the second most intersting dragon out there?
    So could you see a scenario where while we're going to the Dragon Isles, a significant portion of the expansion also deals with an industrial revolution on Azeroth where Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes have kind of joined forces in strengthening the world post-Shadowlands? This could facilitate airship housing and a mechanic class.
    Anything is a possibility. I know how madly you want Tinkers/Mechanics and Gnome/Goblin themed things. Just don't bank too hard on it and be left disappointed. I wanted an undeath themed expansion with the Lich King (not plain Bolvar) as an ally but look what we got instead. As friendly bit of advice, just keep your expectations grounded. I know I'm keeping mine low with hope that they'll surprise me. Not gonna care about the story anymore after I'm done being angry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything is a possibility. I know how madly you want Tinkers/Mechanics and Gnome/Goblin themed things. Just don't bank too hard on it and be left disappointed. I wanted an undeath themed expansion with the Lich King (not plain Bolvar) as an ally but look what we got instead. As friendly bit of advice, just keep your expectations grounded. I know I'm keeping mine low with hope that they'll surprise me. Not gonna care about the story anymore after I'm done being angry about it.
    Well I like quirky classes. I quite enjoyed Monks until they streamlined the hell out of them in Legion. However, I’m always down for another quirky class with eccentric abilities, or an epic dragon class. I’ll take either at this point.

I do feel that Shadowlands would have went over a bit better if we had gotten a Necromancer or Dark Ranger class. I’m really surprised they didn’t introduce either in Shadowlands.

That’s really what I’m hoping for in the next expansion; a new class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-12-20 at 01:42 AM.

Well I like quirky classes. I quite enjoyed Monks until they streamlined the hell out of them in Legion. However, I’m always down for another quirky class with eccentric abilities, or an epic dragon class. I’ll take either at this point.

I do feel that Shadowlands would have went over a bit better if we had gotten a Necromancer or Dark Ranger class. I’m really surprised they didn’t introduce either in Shadowlands.

I agree a new class would be nice, but I have serious doubts that they're going to add a new one. Yeah, I think unless class skins become a thing the time for Dark Rangers has passed. Even if we would have gotten necromancers or DRs I would still hold the same opinion over Shadowlands. I have nothing against people who don't care about the story/lore or people who might've liked Shadowlands. What I don't like is when people automatically assume I'm one of those that have always hated WoW and any expansion they've done. I actually care about WoW and want to see it do better respecting lore, characters and improving the quality of writing and thought involved in making narrative decisions.

As for classes, I tend to like the classes that others deride as edgy. Mostly Death Knights and Dark Rangers. I don't really have strong opinions on Demonhunters, despite having one. I don't share the affection you do for tinkers, they're not my thing and I've had bad experiences with the class's fans but I'm sure it'd make some people happy. I'd mainly love to see customization options continue to be added, especially the much requested ones and for the Forsaken's story to be continued where it left off. Not really hard to make happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    The real reason we cant have Dragonsworn is because it'd make all our hero classes be multi word names beginning with 'D'
    If anything, that si the reason they would do, blizzard love to embrace those things that seems like coincidence and pretend it was all planned since warcraft 2.

Can't wait to play a 100% science-based dragon MMO

Rylaks are Chimaeras:
    "There are two types of creatures called chimaera in the Warcraft universe, one located in Azeroth and the other in Outland. Outland chimera are mutated rylaks."
    Chimaeras are Rylaks. Rylaks are the original species in Dreanor. Outlands has Chimeras that are mutated Rylaks. I'm not sure the Azerothian Chimeras come from Rylaks cause I'm pretty sure they were used by the Night Elves before the orcs came.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I mean, their original incarnations gave them plenty of power. It wasn't until later on that they became pawns of something greater.

They were originally written to be stronger than the Titans, but retconned into being nothing.
    They were never originally written to be stronger than the Titans. All lore said they weren't except for a single npc who thought that the dragon aspects were more powerful than both the Titans and the Old Gods.

it could mean, but the context is pretty clear, it died fighting

and what we have today have no meaning to what it was before, because they retconed.
    No you are reading it as dying. If they wanted it to be dead why didn't they say it died fighting the Old Gods and their armies? Why use the word fell instead? Also why wouldn't there have been a Titan corpse somewhere in Azeroth before the retcon?

Supposedly there is going to be an excursion to Northrend at some point in 9.2. Again, those are just rumors.
    No. It was thought to be so before they annouced Zereth Mortis, because of this screenshot:

True, but the cat bundle was announced after Shadowlands had already been announced. In addition, the Dragon Pack contains a new pet, the Cat Bundle did not. In the absence of an expansion announcement, and numerous hints about dragons being a major theme coming next, we simply can't ignore it.
    Just informing you. Not saying there's gonna be a cat expansion.

Yeah, Dragonsworn as it related to WoW are like Mages and Druids who are in fact dragon sworn for the Blue, Bronze, and Green dragonflights. I simply utilized the name for a class concept where a player would get to play as dragons like Wrathion or Chromie. It would be sort of a combination of race and class.
    So, be sure to be clear about that.

I actually enjoyed Legion and BFA, so at the very least, I think a dragon-based expansion would be better than Shadowlands. Also Wrathion is a VERY popular character.
    So was Sylvanas. Just sayin'.
    Remember, Shadowlands was to be the successor to WotLK. Dragon Isles would be the successor to Cataclysm, a far less successful expansion.

I'm aware of that. Again, I co-opted the name for simplicity's sake. The point is that there IS a class of character that is widespread in the lore, has unique mechanics that the player base has used (via HotS), and has multiple potential hero characters in lore. Those are the ingredients for a new class following the pattern of previous class inclusions.
    Then, again, i plead you to be clear about it. People here actually believe there's a Dragonsworn in WoW, with Wrathion as its representative.
    Though, i must say, a HotS-based concept is intriguing, as their powers are not so accentuated in WoW classes.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Yeah that seems more likely and intereseting enough too.
    Do you think the blue/bronze would be melee of ranged magic? Somehow I imagine an arcane knight with some time-based abilities.
    No. Chromie in HotS, for example, is ranged.

are you seriously saying this? without being ironic? logic in warcraft?

you know dragons are powerful magic creatures and can totally do something so isles could fly right?
    What would be the reasoning behind it?
    If anything, it would be sort of a "lost world" type of place, with prototype creatures of Dragons, like you see in How to Train your Dragon, or something like that. That would, logically, be more grounded than aired and even, possibly, underground.

yes? thats exactly what they did in cata? did you paid attention last time?
    And now they have a second chance, with a chain of islands all dedicated to Dragons. These kinds of things don't come around that often...

Thing is, a class based on Wrathion that allows you to play as a dragon would probably be the most popular class in WoW very quickly. Especially if it covers all the holes in the class lineup, which it should have no problem doing.
    "Based on Wrathion"... he has barely shown any ability. You would have better used Alextrasza, Chromie, Deathwing, Ysera and Malygos as examples.

What holes, exactly, does it fill?

I wouldn't want the current narrative and writing teams to touch dragons with a ten thousand foot pole if I were a fan of WoW dragons. I'm not, they're the most boring incarnation of dragons in fantasy I've ever seen, especially after the depowering and sterilization. Still don't think they deserve further neutering. Dragons are often annoyingly overrated in anything they're present in. I've seen only a few modern portrayals of dragons I like. Wow's dragons ignore what makes dragons interesting and instead makes them scaly elves and humans in the blandest way possible. Let's be clear so no one here twists my words: I don't hate dragons. They can be beautiful, intimidating, badass, etc. If done well, they can be one of the most interesting elements in books, games and television but the delivery seldom goes beyond fire breathing lizard lusting for dominance/princesses/treasure.
    I agree.
    They look like the fucking Power Rangers in WoW.

Yup, we'd get a dragonkin race which would defeat the purpose of any made up dragon themed class. They'd probably have two forms, a humanoid form with draconic elements and dragon form which would have to be fairly small to not block targets for other people. Or they're the dragonmen pictured above. I have nothing against an expansion featuring dragons and going to the dragon isles, but the bulk of its focus shouldn't be about dragons alone especially after all the world changing shit that's transpired in the last two expansions. I'd prefer a considerable portion to be centered on rebuilding after conflict, the continuation of stories that require attention, more racial focus, and healing. Dragons can take part in that too, as they also need to rebuild their ruined legacy. I don't see them trying to re-empower the dragons after the "Age of mortals thing." But then they fucked the Lich King so one can never be too sure.
    It's, literally, called the DRAGON Isles. Unlikely that it wouldn't focus mainly on Dragons.

Again, leave that to some kind of an Undermine expansion. Introducing one in a Dragon-themed expansion would totally ruin the immersion.

Perhaps they'll do multiple, like allied races. Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Chimaeras are Rylaks. Rylaks are the original species in Dreanor. Outlands has Chimeras that are mutated Rylaks. I'm not sure the Azerothian Chimeras come from Rylaks cause I'm pretty sure they were used by the Night Elves before the orcs came.
    Never said they were.
    Just saying Rylaks are Draenor's version of Chimaeras.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    They were never originally written to be stronger than the Titans. All lore said they weren't except for a single npc who thought that the dragon aspects were more powerful than both the Titans and the Old Gods.
    Not true. The original information we had on Old Gods was that there was only one that we knew of, and that a Titan died fighting against C'thun's army. C'thun was weakened and had to go dormant, and then created the Qiraji while dormant underground. The Titans also didn't seem to be gigantic beings originally as they were stated to have made Un'goro their home when they inhabited Azeroth. It sounds like they were more the size of large giants rather than planet sized creatures. But that was probably changed when they created the concept of the World Souls and the Titans being born from inside of planets and all that.

They then retconned all of that.

I personally preferred the more mysterious Eldritch stuff we had going on before they started to clarify some of the lore around the Titans. I really wish they hadn't.

Edit: In regards to the "fell" comment: The same piece of lore also uses the same word to define C'thun's death.

"The prophecy is unclear about whether or not the Titan was vanquished in this battle but it illustrates that a Titan fell. An Old God had also fallen - or so it was thought.

For millennia this being lay dormant beneath the world - biding its time. From its prison it waited for the exact moment at which to strike back at those that would see it harmed."
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2021-12-20 at 03:26 AM.

There's a long, LONG way between "there's sexual misconduct at offices in southern California" and "the entire holding company of tens of thousands of people around the world support rapists." But yeah, hyperbole away. You DO know what a holding company is, right? If someone at say a Star Wars studio causes a scandal does that mean everyone who works at Disney supports it? Also, thanks for today's helping of Godwin's law, btw.
    You went straight to nazis, not me. Congratulations.

The ceo knew of the sexual allegations for years, and guess what, after outcry by several notable companies and the general public, he still remains the CEO. Diminishing all of this to a "hyperbole" is disingenuous to the numerous sexual accusations as well as the actual women that killed themselves over it. Just because you are tone deaf to the hoard of sexual allegations, does not mean that they do not exist, you just choose to ignore them.

The fact remains, blizzard harbors sexual misconduct to a terrifying degree, more so than other companies. This is one of the last remaining overly pro-blizzard fansites, so this will just be an echo chamber. You can publish your opinion to any other site, and you will find that you are alone without other players to cope beside you.

Provide facts and articles, not some anecdote with your personal business.

And please, next time you should look up the own shit you are spewing as well as your own footnote. "I'm not a defender of Blizzard. I'm a hater of intellectual dishonesty and historical revisionism."
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2021-12-20 at 03:35 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post

The ceo knew of the sexual allegations for years, and guess what, after outcry by several notable companies and the general public, he still remains the CEO. Diminishing all of this to a "hyperbole" is disingenuous to the numerous sexual accusations as well as the actual women that killed themselves over it. Just because you are tone deaf to the hoard of sexual allegations, does not mean that they do not exist, you just choose to ignore them.

The fact remains, blizzard harbors sexual misconduct to a terrifying degree, more so than other companies. This is one of the last remaining overly pro-blizzard fansites, so this will just be an echo chamber. You can publish your opinion to any other site, and you will find that you are alone without other players to cope beside you.

And please, next time you should look up the own shit you are spewing as well as your own footnote. "I'm not a defender of Blizzard. I'm a hater of intellectual dishonesty and historical revisionism."
    Not every employee that works there is some sexual perv. Thats not a grand statement to make and he is correct in saying that.

pro-blizzard fansites,
    Dude really have you even seen the stuff that gets thrown at Blizz? Hardly, its a Blizz fansite but pro blizzard? Nonsense
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You're the one who called me a holocaust survivor for not equating workplace harrassment with an entire holding company most of whom having no connection to the Blizzard who make WoW "supporting rapists."

I'm not deaf to them. But holding everyone who works in the same company responsible. How'd you feel if you worked at a Pontiac dealership and got called a rapist supporter cause someone at GMC did something bad?

"More so than other companies." And you try to rag on me for intellectual dishonesty. Not sure what the exact name is, but pretty sure making an argument you know neither yourself nor me can argue is a fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not every employee that works there is some sexual perv. Thats not a grand statement to make and he is correct in saying that.

Dude really have you even seen the stuff that gets thrown at Blizz? Hardly, its a Blizz fansite but pro blizzard? Nonsense
    Yeah, he did the same to me. Another guy who doesn't know what a holding company is and holds people guilty by the flimsiest of associations.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

This is a pro blizzard fansite, other gaming sites hate blizzard for obvious reasons. The fact that this is blizzard neutral, or that fact that you have guys like the person im quoting throwing nazi ancedotes to reduce an argument is very telling.

Its reducing the argument. Of course when anyone says "ATVI harbors rapists," no one will obviously think that every employee is a rapist. That is another fallacy in of itself.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the one who called me a holocaust survivor for not equating workplace harrassment with an entire holding company most of whom having no connection to the Blizzard who make WoW "supporting rapists."

I'm not deaf to them. But holding everyone who works in the same company responsible. How'd you feel if you worked at a Pontiac dealership and got called a rapist supporter cause someone at GMC did something bad?

"More so than other companies." And you try to rag on me for intellectual dishonesty. Not sure what the exact name is, but pretty sure making an argument you know neither yourself nor me can argue is a fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, he did the same to me. Another guy who doesn't know what a holding company is and holds people guilty by the flimsiest of associations.
    What other gaming company has months and months of news articles from various sources detailing sexual harassment? What other gaming company had the CEO actually know about the rape and the allegations first hand, and took a part in hiding it. I want articles, facts, no more bullshit.

And dude, you mentioned nazis first, you are blind. And the correct term is "holocaust denier," you are free to look up the difference there as well.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2021-12-20 at 03:47 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

This is a pro blizzard fansite, other gaming sites hate blizzard for obvious reasons. The fact that this is blizzard neutral, or that fact that you have guys like the person im quoting throwing nazi ancedotes to reduce an argument is very telling.

Its reducing the argument. Of course when anyone says "ATVI harbors rapists," no one will obviously think that every employee is a rapist.

- - - Updated - - -

What other gaming company has months and months of news articles from various sources detailing sexual harassment?

And dude, you mentioned nazis first, you are blind. And the correct term is "holocaust denier," you are free to look up the difference there as well.
    How does me mentioning crazy anti-Nazis somehow give you permission to call me a holocaust denier for not supporting your guilty by association assertion? You say "reducing the argument" I say "hyperbole meant to inflame and mislead your readers."