Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    I just thought it was incomprehensible - why was Smith able to avoid the Agent's time freeze but Neo wasn't? Why would Smith want to help Neo instead of killing him while he was frozen, then turning on the Agent? It didn't make sense to me.
    This character is the only character that a week later bothers me. He is completely extraneous. I get the idea behind "why" he needs to exist, but I think there'd be an even more interesting story if he doesn't, because it makes things inherently chaotic/unstable.

As for his powers and motivations, who the fuck knows, man. I think the idea is that motivation wise, he wants to destroy the Analyst who also chained him up like he chained Neo. Why he doesn't kill Neo first is beyond me. Maybe the bullettime ends if Neo is dead and that's the advantage he needed to get the Analyst? As for why he's not subject to bullettime, who the fuck knows. At first I thought, "maybe it's an effect that is centered on Neo and makes everything relative to him slow" but Trinity is also slowed by it. So who the fuck knows. Character shouldn't have been in the movie, imo, and deal with the ramifications of the "unbalanced equation."

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This character is the only character that a week later bothers me. He is completely extraneous. I get the idea behind "why" he needs to exist, but I think there'd be an even more interesting story if he doesn't, because it makes things inherently chaotic/unstable.

As for his powers and motivations, who the fuck knows, man. I think the idea is that motivation wise, he wants to destroy the Analyst who also chained him up like he chained Neo. Why he doesn't kill Neo first is beyond me. Maybe the bullettime ends if Neo is dead and that's the advantage he needed to get the Analyst? As for why he's not subject to bullettime, who the fuck knows. At first I thought, "maybe it's an effect that is centered on Neo and makes everything relative to him slow" but Trinity is also slowed by it. So who the fuck knows. Character shouldn't have been in the movie, imo, and deal with the ramifications of the "unbalanced equation."
    And that's a huge, huge problem because it's how the "good guys" win. It's just an unexplained deus ex machina that doesn't make sense.

watched it a 2nd time and loved it more... It's easily in my top 10 movies, and one I can/will watch many more times via HBO Max. Reading this thread just seems like people were expecting the impossible or didn't get the movie idk.. Only downside for me is that this is likely a 1 off based on why it was made (to help Lana deal with loss), but maybe WB will go for it anyway. I'd love to say a one-off movie or HBO Max show about the stuff between 3 and 4, and at least one more movie to wrap things up.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Jada Pinkett Smith is bad at acting old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    Jada Pinkett Smith is bad at acting.
    Fixed that.

7+ Year Old Account
    i rly don't get why they chose to put the movie right next to spider-man 3, it was a recipe to flop even if the movie was good

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i rly don't get why they chose to put the movie right next to spider-man 3, it was a recipe to flop even if the movie was good
    being it was same-day release on a streaming service box office numbers were never going to be high, and without streaming data hard to say how it's doing overall. It appears bad though for some reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finaly watched, and i was unimpressed, rly "meh", the moments you though a scene would become good it ended.

The talk about non-binary? cringe. didn't like how they made Neo a jedi here, just using force shield and force shove, the moment he knew the things he should became what he was, I didn't mind then making Trinity an equivalent, but they didn't had to undermine neo like that, all the final act waiting for him to fly, nope, it was trinnity, come on now.

Why the fuck Smith was even there, it undermine everything he fucking did in the third movie, AND HE SERVED NO PURPOSE, he just apear, fight neo, then save neo, then is gone, he can't kill the analyst why event try? awful

The premise was rly good, the actor that made the analyst, very good,, but they rly missed the mark here, together with releasing at the same time as spier-man, seems like a fail to me, i don't even think they used well the slow-time moments that made the franchise, so im giving a 5.5/10 being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    watched it a 2nd time and loved it more... It's easily in my top 10 movies, and one I can/will watch many more times via HBO Max. Reading this thread just seems like people were expecting the impossible or didn't get the movie idk.. Only downside for me is that this is likely a 1 off based on why it was made (to help Lana deal with loss), but maybe WB will go for it anyway. I'd love to say a one-off movie or HBO Max show about the stuff between 3 and 4, and at least one more movie to wrap things up.
    I mean...really? How many movies have you seen in your life? It was the 10th?

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    I mean...really? How many movies have you seen in your life? It was the 10th?
    no idea but lots, used to be at the theaters every week in most of my twenties. It's just that good of a movie to me.

I'd say I was disappointed. I didn't hate it, but I wanted to like it more than I did. The connection/chemistry between Neo and Trinity/Keanu and Carrie-Anne was good. The general plot was kind of convoluted and a bit silly. Some of the casting/recasting (Smith especially) really didn't work for me. Most disappointing was the action. All three Matrix movies had very snappy kung fu that was pretty well choreographed, with a lot of long shots that showed it off well. The action was really stilted and slow, and the shots were fast cuts that were pretty unimaginative. I like Chad Stahelski's other work, but this was some of his worst.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I wonder what some people think about Matrix 3 if this one is the worst. 4 is not necessary because what's the point after the has been "done" for so many years. From an lore perspective its a whole lot better than than the ending we got in 3. I wouldn't feel so disappointed in 4 if you told me more movies are coming out.
    The third film is at least mildly interesting, has good plot hooks and some well done scenes. This movie is just a disgrace though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Low effort bait.
    not bait i think its a great movie. I'm seriously hoping we get more, or maybe a series on like HBO max, a spinoff based on the events between 3 and 4 would be nice also. None are planned nor were they before the movie though, this was a one-off to help Lana process her grief. Its a better ending to the series than 3 to me. 3 and 4 are not how I would have taken the overall story but it works well.

Finally sat down to watch this, and I didn’t hate it. If the fights at ALL felt inspired and were done well, I think I’d rate this above 2 and 3, in spite of Lana clearly having a problem with making this movie. The digs went from clever to annoying to pretentious to the point where I question if Lara just isn’t all that talented, and is masking that behind the “message”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched it last week. And im pretty disapointed. Its more like star wars/marvel comic. I do like star wars and marvel but i wanted from Matrix not silly/humorous story ?

I think the movie was a mistake tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ordered the DVD, the problem is that i can barely remember of the 1st 3 movies...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Just ordered the DVD, the problem is that i can barely remember of the 1st 3 movies...
    There was only one Matrix. And that was back in 1999.