Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    Wait.
    Borrowed power per patch basis?
    this... as if expac only borrowed power wasn't enough now its patch level w..t...f..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why would they not enjoy creating new things? It's literally their job, WoW isn't a finite game.
    I'm not saying that thy don't enjoy creating the stuff, I'm just wondering how they feel when the stuff gets thrown out. Like, if I was working on one of the most well-known games in the world, I think I'd feel pretty lousy if the things I had fun adding to it were routinely excised and forgotten almost as soon as they got added in.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    holy shit so what you are saying is, instead of blizz admitting they are at fault and ending their system... they should add MORE SYSTEMS SO THAT WE DONT USE THE OLD ONE!?

ARE YOU REALLY SAYING BLIZZ SHOULD ADD MORE SYSTEMS!?

making their problem system not work in the new raid is not an asinine solution.
    you saying they should make the system again but in the new raid is
    armchair dev? more like highchair dev at this point.
    Like I said, sycophants will defend an idiotic solution on the basis that there has to be a solution, like someone saying "I need to prevent my car from rolling, maybe I will let the air out of the tires, even though I could just use the e-brake".

They do have a different system in the new raid. It's called "set bonuses". The question should be "Why are the set bonuses on the new gear not desirable enough to warrant removing your shard gear?" This is what happens over and over and over and over again in WoW. Invent a problem, ignore the underlying issue that has to be fixed, come up with an absurdly bad solution, and then watch people defend the bad solution as though it is the actual stone tablets Moses came down the mountain with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Sounds like you do not understand gear design. Nothing they do would NOT make shards bis over everything. 3% increase in ALL dmg makes or bis over everything they could bring.
    You actually believe that it is physically impossible to have bonuses on the new gear that exceed 3%? Do you think that there is some kind of computing limitation? We can't do this without quantum computing? Do you think the servers can't handle it because we haven't reached that level of server power yet where numbers higher than 3% are possible?

But yeah, the problem is my lack of understanding of gear design.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    They do have a different system in the new raid. It's called "set bonuses". The question should be "Why are the set bonuses on the new gear not desirable enough to warrant removing your shard gear?" .
    because your logic has a MASSIVE FUCKING HOLE IN IT
    How so? well teir sets are in 5 spots, helmet, shoulder, chest, gloves, legs. but you only need 4 of them.
    And shards of domination?
    Helmet, Shoulder, Chest, Bracers, Belt, Gloves, Legs, and Boots.

See the issue? You can use both shards of domination AND teir set bonuses. so yeah the teir set bonuses could literally be a million times stronger then shards... but that doesent stop you from using shards, cause shards can be put in other slots.

Maybe think a bit more in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

How so? well teir sets are in 5 spots, helmet, shoulder, chest, gloves, legs. but you only need 4 of them.

See the issue? You can use both shards of domination AND teir set bonuses. so yeah the teir set bonuses could literally be a million times stronger then shards... but that doesent stop you from using shards, cause shards can be put in other slots.

lmao i been playing with frost set+4pc tier on ptr
    mmo-c people are dumb, why exert the energy

Once again, do you think there is some kind of physical limitation on set bonuses that restricts them to four pieces? Or to certain slots?

It's exactly this kind of lazy assumption that the underlying system CANNOT BE ALTERED that leads to these trash solutions.
    -ynnady

I thought people wanted more “play the expansion” not “play the patch” so I’m “surprised” people are not more upset by this change.

Would make an older raid stay useful, and that usually is something requested. Some BiS from more than just the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I thought people wanted more “play the expansion” not “play the patch” so I’m “surprised” people are not more upset by this change.

Would make an older raid stay useful, and that usually is something requested. Some BiS from more than just the latest patch.
    literally noone wants this but people who don't play the game
    case in point, who the fuck wants to go back and farm denathrius for trinkets?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's exactly this kind of lazy assumption that the underlying system CANNOT BE ALTERED that leads to these trash solutions.
    Huh? So it is a trash solution to "turn off" domination sockets in newer content but it wouldn't be a trash solution to make tier set pieces occupy those slots and do the same thing? You seem to be hating on something Blizzard did just for the sake of it even when your own suggestion accomplishes the same exact thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Huh? So it is a trash solution to "turn off" domination sockets in newer content but it wouldn't be a trash solution to make tier set pieces occupy those slots and do the same thing? You seem to be hating on something Blizzard did just for the sake of it even when your own suggestion accomplishes the same exact thing.
    yeah like "lets make teir sets worse by requiring EVEN MORE SLOTS be locked to teir sets, to stop people from using a system that everyone agrees is a failure, instead of just disabling the system everyone agrees is a failure"

in what world is making it worse somehow better then just making the shitty system no longer relevent.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    No, some of us do realize that the alternative of shards being active is a lot worse than the temporary power loss by deactivating them.
    And why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Mythic CE raider here, I would 100% support this.
    Make more than 1 raid relevant oer tier and stop devalueing everything every patch.

Players gear up to be ready for the next tier. Downgrading them and taking away some of that work when they step into the new tier is idiotic.

If you don't understand the difference between downgrading and upgrading, I don't know what to tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah like "lets make teir sets worse by requiring EVEN MORE SLOTS be locked to teir sets, to stop people from using a system that everyone agrees is a failure, instead of just disabling the system everyone agrees is a failure"

in what world is making it worse somehow better then just making the shitty system no longer relevent.
    Or you could make tier sets more flexible, or just put cool effects on individual pieces of gear, or do one of a thousand other things...

The level to which some of you will go to defend Blizzard is mind blowing. Like we are at a state where you would rather pretend Blizzard has no control over their game, they are totally unable to make changes to systems, than admit they are doing something bad. You'd rather erect this absurd fantasy world to live in than just admit that downgrading players is a bad solution to a problem they invented.

But that's the story of wow, bad solutions to fix invented problems, and the people that follow them around giving them pats on the back and kisses on the ass for it.
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Players gear up to be ready for the next tier. Downgrading them and taking away some of that work when they step into the new tier is idiotic. If you don't understand the difference between downgrading and upgrading, I don't know what to tell you.
    You are the one that proposed instead of turning off domination socket stuff to stop it from being OP with tier sets that they change tier sets for the same slot. You are now moving the goal posts. A new tier can be balanced for whatever and the item level increase of domination gear is still an upgrade over lower item level gear. The sockets were an additional boost on top of standard gearing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Plenty of people praise the old game for how it kept old tiers relevant because there were good items in them that weren’t thrown away every patch.

You are the one that proposed instead of turning off domination socket stuff to stop it from being OP with tier sets that they change tier sets for the same slot. You are now moving the goal posts. A new tier can be balanced for whatever and the item level increase of domination gear is still an upgrade over lower item level gear. The sockets were an additional boost on top of standard gearing.
    So give the new gear boosts that are better.

15+ Year Old Account
    So give the new gear boosts that are better.
    So if domination sockets were a bad idea it is better to just double down on bad ideas? At what point does it stop? Every tier would require increasingly better bonuses so you don't use last tiers stuff. Even expansions won't be immune because if they don't nerf old gear (or keep boosting along the same power curve) we will run into a situation like in WotLK where people cleared Nax in Sunwell gear.

You really think it is a better solution to keep adding increasing special effects on items rather then just turn those effects off in a new tier? It's not like Blizzard hasn't adjusted abilities from items in the past when it was better to equip old things then the new ones. It just hasn't happened often because most times the super OP stuff was relegated to the last tier of the expansion.

So if domination sockets were a bad idea it is better to just double down on bad ideas? At what point does it stop? Every tier would require increasingly better bonuses so you don't use last tiers stuff. Even expansions won't be immune because if they don't nerf old gear (or keep boosting along the same power curve) we will run into a situation like in WotLK where people cleared Nax in Sunwell gear.
    You give the gear bonuses that makes them worth equipping over domination socket gear. Then one of two things:

1. It’s the last tier of the expansion so it doesn’t matter going forward. You just don’t make the same mistake next expansion. You can have the gear downscale as you level, which isn’t great but is certainly better than simply turning it off in the ONE PIECE OF CONTENT IT WAS SPECIFICALLY COLLECTED TO BE USED IN.

2. You make the new gear better but not with the same scaling problem domination sockets had that made this an issue in the first place.

Honestly, you all work so damn hard to make this out to be more complicated than it really is.
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    You give the gear bonuses that makes them worth equipping over domination socket gear. Then one of two things:
    But if that gear is so powerful that it is better then domination why is disabling it for the next expansion seen as good? Wouldn't that be the same trash solution we have now? Disabling better gear in newer content? The only one making this more complicated then it is is yourself. The easy solution is disable domination gear in new content. You called the easy and simple solution trash and raged about it. lol.

But if that gear is so powerful that it is better then domination why is disabling it for the next expansion seen as good? Wouldn't that be the same trash solution we have now? Disabling better gear in newer content? The only one making this more complicated then it is is yourself. The easy solution is disable domination gear in new content. You called the easy and simple solution trash and raged about it. lol.
    Do you see a difference between the following two things:

1. Collecting a set of gear in a raid, and then having it partially turned off in the very next raid during the same expansion, which is the exact piece of content you collected the gear to do in the first place.

2. Collecting a set of gear in one expansion and then having it become deprecated ten levels later when you are gearing up for the first train of that expansion, and knowing all along that gear always goes away in the next expansion.

If you genuinely can’t tell that those are different things with very different implications, I don’t know what to tell you aside from that critical thinking might not be your strong suit.

However, I have a feeling you know just as well as I do how big the difference is and you decided to waste both of our time for some reason.
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Collecting a set of gear in a raid, and then having it partially turned off in the very next raid during the same expansion, which is the exact piece of content you collected the gear to do in the first place.
    So how is that different then replacing it because you got gear with a more powerful bonus? The end result is the same the gear was replaced. You want more gear with powerful bonuses to be balanced around instead of the quick and simple solution of disabling the problematic gear from working in new content. Again the end result of your suggestion is gear is replaced.

Why does it matter if you replace it with gear with X bonus or gear with Y stats and no bonus? Is that previous gear not worthless all the same? You are arguing semantics and complex solutions just so you can rage and insult Blizzard. And now any poster who questions you.