Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As a Notre Dame fan, here's the thing that scares the hell out of me from that last game:

Once Ok. State tied that game, here were Notre Dame's next 5 drives (before ok state pulled ahead by 2 scores and ND had to hurry):

1. 3 passes
    2. 4 passes, 1 run
    3. 2 passes and one pass attempt where the qb scrambled for 4 yards.
    4. 7 straight pass attempts, the last intercepted.
    5. 4 more pass attempts.

That's 21 pass attempts and one attempted run. And none of those drives scored any points... the passing wasn't working. The reason it scares the hell out of me is it seemed like bad play calling in our new coach's first game. Even at the time - when Coan finally threw an interception, my dad was like, "of course, they know he's passing every play!". Now Notre Dame is not an amazing running team but they run a relatively balanced offense and they have a talented line - as I keep mentioning, their freshman left tackle was a freshman All American, they have a guard who was a second team all american last year, and their right tackle was a 5 star recruit. Now I know Oklahoma State's strength is their DLine, but you have to at least test them... attempt a run here and there. There are two possibilities - the first is that they could have run and it was bad play calling, and the second is that they couldn't figure out how to run against Ok St's defense, and given the talent on the team, neither is particularly comforting.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2022-01-06 at 05:43 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Tavion coming back, Utah's probably going to be an all-too-early preseason top ten pick

I don't make the rules

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...our-team-field

Seems the PAC-12, the conference with the worst bowl record this year at 0-5 is the ones stalling everything.

Hopefully, UGA shows up tonight!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

Seems the PAC-12, the conference with the worst bowl record this year at 0-5 is the ones stalling everything.

...by being so agreeable that they're in favor of any and all expansion plans?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    ...by being so agreeable that they're in favor of any and all expansion plans?
    Yeah, it;s not the Pac-12 at all. It's everyone else it seems. Disappointed but absolutely not surprised that it;s the Big10 commisioner that is apparently trying to weasel through the part that the Power 5 all get automatic bids. Just take the top 12 teams and stop making this complicated. You'd still have all the backroom politicking of the CFP comittee to decide who the best 12 teams are, so your precious teams, if they are good enough, will still all make it in.

In actual football news, this game is so far is kinda boring despite the drama of the fumble review.

UGA is just lost......
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Did you...did you actually read that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, it;s not the Pac-12 at all. It's everyone else it seems. Disappointed but absolutely not surprised that it;s the Big10 commisioner that is apparently trying to weasel through the part that the Power 5 all get automatic bids. Just take the top 12 teams and stop making this complicated. You'd still have all the backroom politicking of the CFP comittee to decide who the best 12 teams are, so your precious teams, if they are good enough, will still all make it in.
    I've seen two propositions - both for 12 team CFP's. One takes the five P5 conf winners, the highest ranked G5 conf champ, and then 6 more teams, based on rank alone.

In actual football news, this game is so far is kinda boring despite the drama of the fumble review.
    Has it been just field goals so far? I'm just tuning in now.

UGA just can't stop trying to give this game away.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    UGA just can't stop trying to give this game away.
    You mean the refs? I agree.

Nice to know though that when Alabama fumbles it’s an incomplete pass, but when Georgia does it, it’s a fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You mean the refs? I agree.

Nice to know though that when Alabama fumbles it’s an incomplete pass, but when Georgia does it, it’s a fumble.
    bama was an obvious forward pass, UGA's was at least close... i would have ruled forward pass though.

10+ Year Old Account
    bama was an obvious forward pass, UGA's was at least close... i would have ruled forward pass though.
    I would have too. And there's no clear and obvious difference on replay, so I understand them going with the call on the field, even if that's probably not what I would have gone with in real time. Just not enough evidence either way to over turn it. (the Bama fumble/incomplete pass WAS clear enough in replay I feel)

- - - Updated - - -

And none if it matters now anymore anyway. Pick 6 and ball game.

Well, all my neighbors are SUPER happy right now!

So I'm a recent transplant to GA, and an NFL fan that doesn't really pay attention to CFB. So when I first got here I saw a TON of "G" surrounded by an oval all over everywhere...and thought "why are there so many Packers fans here?" I figured it out pretty quickly :P Half the grocery store was dressed in Bulldog gear; in a happy state tonight
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

WOOT down goes Bama..

and Bama has to hate walk-ons that wear #13 (Clemson's Hunter Renfrow and UGA QB)

10+ Year Old Account
    Georgia wins in baseball and in CFB this year. If only the Falcons were going anywhere, Georgia might be a serious sports state.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    WOOT down goes Bama..

and Bama has to hate walk-ons that wear #13 (Clemson's Hunter Renfrow and UGA QB)
    Great game - Georgia found their groove in the second half and took down 'Bama. That pick six was fantastic.

Georgia wins in baseball and in CFB this year. If only the Falcons were going anywhere, Georgia might be a serious sports state.
    Braves World Series maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Braves World Series maybe?
    That's what I said. They won in Baseball and now in CFB. Mostly just poking fun at the Falcons, who seem to be heading for a major rebuild. Georgia is definitely on the map as a sports state.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's what I said. They won in Baseball and now in CFB. Mostly just poking fun at the Falcons, who seem to be heading for a major rebuild. Georgia is definitely on the map as a sports state.
    I'm pretty happy with Oregon's Lanning choice, especially after his defense shut down 'Bama and their "Heisman" QB. We'll have to wait and see how he handles the big seat, but I'll take some of that Georgia luck right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Oregon the winningest pac12 team in the last 30 years, followed by Utah at 2, USC at 3, Washington at 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats cubby

I thought you meant Georiga as in UGA not the state of Georgia. My bad!