Poll: Does WoW feel like a job to you?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    How do you know that people that play "hardcore" don't find it fun, as in a hobby, but consider it a job? Are you psychic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I wouldn't call myself casual in your understanding.

Again, if you see it as a job, you need a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, the things he signs in as a job are a minor problem for me; systems, rng, mission table.

Have you done 10/10 CE and or pushed 20++ and or 2k rating pvp?

Because I can assure you that when you have to keep farming Torgast for the legendaries upgrade, farm the shards for progress on different difficulties and upgrade them etc etc it becomes a job.

Otherwise if your approach to the game is like

Doing HC and some mythic bosses like 3/10 and the usuale 15-16 weekly for the chest, is casual and I am 101% sure that is fun when you don't bother.

I liked doing Sylvanas Myth but I didn't like the farming. And this can be sought basically in a lot of mythic players and streamers just see the fleks or thc memes rant
    Last edited by TBCCLOL; 2022-01-14 at 02:45 PM.

shadowlands felt like a job for sure. that's why i unsubbed after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    If you play casually like them is fun.

If you play hardcore then is like a job due to systems/rng/etc
    Who said I'm a "casual?" And how do you define that? I for instance got KSM this season, is that casual?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    First problem. Challenge modes existed before mythic dungeons did. Second problem, challenge modes did not give gear with stats, just transmog sets, mounts, titles, and toys.
    Concept is exactly the same though, they basically advanced CM into M+ and that is quite obvious to see though?
    What the rewards was back then VS now is completely not the point of it.

Both CM/M+ has been a big 10/10 to the game since start of this feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Concept is exactly the same though, they basically advanced CM into M+ and that is quite obvious to see though?
    What the rewards was back then VS now is completely not the point of it.

Both CM/M+ has been a big 10/10 to the game since start of this feature.
    We all know they evolved CM into M+, that wasn't the point I was making. My point was they were made for different audiences. CM like MT and TC was made as a tough challenge mode for cosmetic rewards. M+ is a completely different beast targetting a different audience.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    Definitely more to the discussion than that though. Your attitude likely plays a part in this too. Once again, if a game feels like a job to you, its time to take a step back.
    Yeah, but who's saying I don't take a step back? That's not the question. The question isn't, "should you play WoW if it feels like a job". Probably would be almost everyone saying no. So your response feels odd. Feels defensive like you are taking my post personally, like someone is arguing with you that you should play when it feels like a job.

The question is simply put, "does it feel like a job". My answer is "retail does". Should I continue to play it if it does? That's a separate question. Maybe you can make a new thread with a poll to find out. Just saying, I'm a grown adult and can make my own decisions about what I do from this point. I don't need your input, though I suppose I can say thank you for trying to help me if you thought I was still playing games that felt like work to me. I guess that's why I'm defensive about your response. It's very patronizing and paints me as an idiot assuming I'm still playing a game that feels like work.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    We all know they evolved CM into M+, that wasn't the point I was making. My point was they were made for different audiences. CM like MT and TC was made as a tough challenge mode for cosmetic rewards. M+ is a completely different beast targetting a different audience.
    Both were considered a harder mode of dungeons though and ofcourse they improved M+ to be alot more then CM was. But that is obvious after so many adaptions to it.
    M+ are slowly becoming like PvP has with Gladiator. The better ur rating the better ur reward (Like being in the top 0.1% in mythic gives you a Feats of Strength now, like Gladiators)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    no, i get paid to do a job. i get benefits from my job. free beer. annual leave. weekends.

wow is much worse.
    So getting fired from WOW can cause you to not have the money to pay your bills, lose your workplace insurance, and cause you to spend months submitting resumes to get hired to play a new MMO? Much worse seems a bit much IMO.

Have you done 10/10 CE and or pushed 20++ and or 2k rating pvp?

Because I can assure you that when you have to keep farming Torgast for the legendaries upgrade, farm the shards for progress on different difficulties and upgrade them etc etc it becomes a job.

Otherwise if your approach to the game is like

Doing HC and some mythic bosses like 3/10 and the usuale 15-16 weekly for the chest, is casual and I am 101% sure that is fun when you don't bother.

I liked doing Sylvanas Myth but I didn't like the farming. And this can be sought basically in a lot of mythic players and streamers just see the fleks or thc memes rant
    Doing mythic in general and +15s isn't "casual". I don't know where people get this weird idea that it's considered casual but it's not.

Also considering you could, at least at the time of "farming" being relevant to progress, only do Torghast twice a week and shards were only one attempt a week per boss.

So I don't know where you're getting this idea of having to farm either because the system stopped you from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Doing mythic in general and +15s isn't "casual". I don't know where people get this weird idea that it's considered casual but it's not.

Also considering you could, at least at the time of "farming" being relevant to progress, only do Torghast twice a week and shards were only one attempt a week per boss.

So I don't know where you're getting this idea of having to farm either because the system stopped you from doing so.
    Doing m 15 when the top currently is 28 is casual because is basically the weekly chest, it different early m+ season so like +10

and 3/10 mythic is casual too because the difficulty is like first 2-3 bosses are harder than last HC so is still around the "casual" spectrum

casual doesnt mean that people are not doing HC, only pet battles and xmog eh

the entire "farm this or be behind" is basically a must for proper progress inb4 "i dont do that an we are top 700 k" and even if you are not a top 100 player or a CE one, the fact is that people will always be kin to optimize their own character no matter what are you doing.

We did for Timewalking Dungeons, we did for Tower Mage etc etc so even if you do just HC there will be people doing the "polishing" so upping their gems or having multiple leggo updated to be always on spot, and the problem is that when this "polishing" is behind way too much chore like now, makes people burnt out faster per experience over the last 5 exp.
    Last edited by TBCCLOL; 2022-01-15 at 08:54 PM.

Doing m 15 when the top currently is 28 is casual because is basically the weekly chest, it different early m+ season so like +10

and 3/10 mythic is casual too because the difficulty is like first 2-3 bosses are harder than last HC so is still around the "casual" spectrum

casual doesnt mean that people are not doing HC, only pet battles and xmog eh
    Again, that isn't what casual is.

What you're describing is elitism, thinking "if you're not doing the best, you're casual".

Doing m 15 when the top currently is 28 is casual
    Doing 15s means you are in the top 15-20% of all people who even do m+. So no, it is far from casual.

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/cutoffs/season-sl-2/us

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Doing 15s means you are in the top 15-20% of all people who even do m+. So no, it is far from casual.

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/cutoffs/season-sl-2/us
    No?

You are assuming people doing all 15 to have enough score, also even in that case i see 300k player eu and na with 1500 score and is quite enough, you cant know how many people do just 1 15 each week and dont have enough score, just like people in Legion were doing only MoS 15 or in BFA only FH 15 each week since it was the easiest

- - - Updated - - -

What you're describing is elitism, thinking "if you're not doing the best, you're casual".
    No? that is casual atm

casual isnt the bottom nor the top is in the mid and the mid are people clearing HC doin 1-2 bosses mythc in 2022 and still doing the weekly ( no score no conqueror etc) that is the casual average player base in SL

Casual isnt "not doing the best" casual is just doing the average and the game got more accessible for people that is why there are tons of 3/10 guild in Mythic because always the first 2-3 bosses are not harder than the last HC so people can do them easily, infact usually people do 9/10 hc and the first mythic because it is easier.

if "casual" hurts you guys is because you think that casual is the LFR Pet Battler stereotype
    Last edited by TBCCLOL; 2022-01-15 at 10:38 PM.

No?

You are assuming people doing all 15 to have enough score, also even in that case i see 300k player eu and na with 1500 score and is quite enough, you cant know how many people do just 1 15 each week and dont have enough score, just like people in Legion were doing only MoS 15 or in BFA only FH 15 each week since it was the easiest

- - - Updated - - -

No? that is casual atm

casual isnt the bottom nor the top is in the mid and the mid are people clearing HC doin 1-2 bosses mythc in 2022 and still doing the weekly ( no score no conqueror etc) that is the casual average player base in SL

Casual isnt "not doing the best" casual is just doing the average and the game got more accessible for people that is why there are tons of 3/10 guild in Mythic because always the first 2-3 bosses are not harder than the last HC so people can do them easily, infact usually people do 9/10 hc and the first mythic because it is easier.

if "casual" hurts you guys is because you think that casual is the LFR Pet Battler stereotype
    You can argue semantics all you want, but at the end of the day, a casual isn't someone doing +15s and the statistics prove it.

Even the baseline achievement to do a +15 has only been achieved by 47% of the players, and that's been in game since Legion.

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...eystone-master

Your viewpoint is just elitism, not what a casual is.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, because I'm getting tired, when I play it. And as people, who have IRL job, need their free time to take some rest, sometimes it's just impossible to play Wow for long periods of time.
    This. Legion was the last expansion where I had fun. Since BfA, I only have time to do my chores in the game OR to do things which are fun. Legion managed to combine both - or at least the chores did not take as much time for an altoholic as they do today.

They killed all fun for me when they made playing alts a bigger chore with each expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

You can argue semantics all you want, but at the end of the day, a casual isn't someone doing +15s and the statistics prove it.

Even the baseline achievement to do a +15 has only been achieved by 47% of the players, and that's been in game since Legion.

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...eystone-master

Your viewpoint is just elitism, not what a casual is.
    Also this. As a casual, I simply don't have the time to build my own groups or to wait until I am accepted though I do have the skill to run a +15. rIO and the new M+ score made it even harder to get into pugs.
    And people wonder why the boosting community is thriving.

- - - Updated - - -

Casual content is nothing but farming. Anima, reputation, whatever else there is. You are stuck in a loop of doing the same activities over and over, and if you are an altoholic, this multiplies into infinity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The feeling of it being a job comes for me from time gating. If I don't login today to do Korthia I miss out on the rewards for this day, even if I play all day tomorrow I can't make up for not playing today. Same for the weeklies and korthite crystals, renown, Torghast, etc. It's in almost every aspect of the game.

You'd fall behind on your character progression and you can't make up for it until they start introducing catch up mechanics which aren't there at expansion/patch launch. On the other hand I feel the catch up mechanics devalue the time and dedication you put to stay up to date before they were introduced. "You login today and run Torghast layer 9 for hours and hit Renown 80, but back in my day we had to get two per week"
    Yes, this is a huge thing. I miss the days where they had this weekly dungeon run cap for valor, so you could decide when to do your heroic runs, and had days to play other things when you did your dungeons.

Being casua/hardcore is how much time you invest in the game. It has nothing to do with skill/progress.
    I have casual people in my guild that just run dungeons once or twice per week who are doing low 20s.
    I also have hardcore people in my guild who religiously play many hours each day for whom a plus10 is beyond their skill.
    Time spent does have an influence on your "progression", but the main factors are in-game and social skills
    Many of those that label themselves as "casuals" are in fact just bad at social interaction and are lacking in in-game skills, while spending much more time in-game than those these falsely casual players consider "hardcore".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    So getting fired from WOW can cause you to not have the money to pay your bills, lose your workplace insurance, and cause you to spend months submitting resumes to get hired to play a new MMO? Much worse seems a bit much IMO.
    dunno. never been fired. get better at your job. lol.

It feels like my previous job, which I also quit.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Feels like a job that was so bad I had to quit back in Castle

That is why i switched to TBCC. I can raid and do nothing else. Exactly what i want.

Raiding is always what wow excelled at. The recent trend to get more into casual stuff... nothing was ever recieved well and only created more unwill in the playerbase. Give them a finger they watn the whole hand etc pp.
    Mythic+ was until people realized they won't go to the upper levels in general.

IMHO wow should gte back to its roots. Long leveling with big raids as the only endgame or pvp but both are completly seperate from another. Mythic+ for transmogs and stuff. More than there is now at least. Open World for leveling and events but no power progression whatsoever so you can ignore everything completly except maybe a faction or two to get into raids tied to storylines.