Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    Do u know someone who works at blizzard?
    No, but I have a realistic view on the last years of WoW's development and the company Blizzard is / has become.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I still can't see why Blizzard would undo the main benefit of squishing the number of levels back to 60 by immediately making the new max level 70 the next expansion. Especially since this would logically mean new players would need to go through Shadowlands content to get to max level after hitting level 50.
    Seems to me like the easier way to go forward is to place Shadowlands content into the same Chromie time framework as the other expansions, and then make the next expansions levelling the same 50-60 we had In this expansion.
    Iirc they said that leveling would require the previous expansion only for new players then it would be the new content

So if I started in 10.0 I would just have to do SL content for 1-60 which personally is pretty good because you get tossed so many side quests and rares that you hit 60 currently before you even finish the story

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Some people don’t understand what the difference between a class and a race is anymore
    But dragons make more sense as a class than a race, from a gameplay perspective, because they have a humanoid form. Your "race" is your disguise. I know size is an issue, perhaps they only turn into their dragon form, in flight, during a cd: Much like priest's spirit of redemption. Canonically, Drakonoids, Drakes & Dragonsworn can't turn into the humanoid races.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But dragons make more sense as a class than a race, from a gameplay perspective, because they have a humanoid form. Your "race" is your disguise. I know size is an issue, perhaps they only turn into their dragon form, in flight, during a cd: Much like priest's spirit of redemption. Canonically, Drakonoids, Drakes & Dragonsworn can't turn into the humanoid races.
    Because dragons are a race and would work better as a worgen style race that has the dragon form as a mount

We have mortals who have been gifted powers from dragons and other sources granting them power which is a majority of the classes

If you want a transformation then it’s more likely to be a drakonid style because canonically they are the results of dragons and mortals supposedly the first dragonsworn and it would be similar to the demon hunter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Been working on looking at things again these last two days, haven't found much (except for a small connection that might be posted later) but all these fake leaks are fueling the amount of effort I put into these kind of puzzles. Guess they're good for something after all!

Feels good coming back from a hiatus and one of the recent posts I see in this thread being from the parrot himself
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    What's that small connection?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-Pet-Wearable

Basically, the "drakemountemerald" buff I posted about many many pages ago seems to be connected to the things encrypted under that key and is very similar to how the Shadowlands Deluxe bundle was encrypted. Nothing is certain due to encryption, but signs point to that being the 10.0 Deluxe shop bundle.

I'm still looking at things but not sure there's much more to find. Keeping at it, though!
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-01-15 at 07:17 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And here.... we.... go.

Drakemountemerald buff, and something sharing 34 animations with Vulpera Male.

- - - Updated - - -

Also much as I'd hate to say it after Blizz talked about "grounded" seeing Emerald Drake Mount screams "WoW: Lifelands."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Soft confirmation of Dragon Isles. I don't give two shits about Dragons, but the last Dragon expansion had a horrible main plot and a solid side-story in terms of worldbuilding and old world advancement, while having meh gameplay. Hopefully the new one keeps the first part, but not the second. Then again it'd be hard to top Dragon Soul in terms of worst end raid.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Soft confirmation of Dragon Isles. I don't give two shits about Dragons, but the last Dragon expansion had a horrible main plot and a solid side-story in terms of worldbuilding and old world advancement, while having meh gameplay. Hopefully the new one keeps the first part, but not the second. Then again it'd be hard to top Dragon Soul in terms of worst end raid.
    If it were just a dragon I'd say Dragon Isles. But it indicates Emerald, AKA Emerald Dream, AKA Life.

Combined with all the Elune stuff we've gotten through the shop lately.

It's Lifelands, "grounded" was a lie.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If it were just a dragon I'd say Dragon Isles. But it indicates Emerald, AKA Emerald Dream, AKA Life.

Applying that logic would leave you with the conclusion that Legion or BFA's early zones were ungrounded because of new nightmare or faceless model strings.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Iirc they said that leveling would require the previous expansion only for new players then it would be the new content

So if I started in 10.0 I would just have to do SL content for 1-60 which personally is pretty good because you get tossed so many side quests and rares that you hit 60 currently before you even finish the story
    While that is an option I feel reverting levels to 50 again feels like a better option, mostly because it removes the strict requirement to justify another 10 levels of stuff, which is exactly the reason we had the squish to begin with, levels being meaningless as individual ones meant nothing for player power.

If the reason to go to level 70 is just to prevent complaints of losing levels then I think the complaints of Shadowlands being faster to level through after 10.0 releases would be about the same, so on a sense it's down to which option Blizzard wants to go for.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Is #TeamDragons finally gonna get their expansions? Which members are even left around

Because dragons are a race and would work better as a worgen style race that has the dragon form as a mount
    That's not at all what I described. I was suggesting a Dragon class, with dragon abilities, that picks its "race" to be it's humanoid guise. You're suggesting the "awesome power of dragons" to be delegated to the nigh-irrelevant status of "racial abilities"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's not at all what I described. I was suggesting a Dragon class, with dragon abilities, that picks its "race" to be it's humanoid guise. You're suggesting the "awesome power of dragons" to be delegated to the nigh-irrelevant status of "racial abilities"
    Like this?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2019-(long)

We already know the Emerald Dream is a mirror of Azeroth. Honestly an Emerald Dream expansion ticks all these boxes.

7+ Year Old Account

What else you are gonna call a lie based purely on speculations?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Dragons should not be a class for the same reason DHs were a mistake. They've very limited design space and aesthetic options and are bound to become increasingly contrived over time while not having a mechanical identity others don't cover. I bet you a decent amount of money that, if they're anything at all, they'll be the Covenant gimmick of this expansion, but with a switch implemented from launch so Blizzard can claim they learned from their mistakes.

As for levels, cut it down to level 50 and you future proof the idea. Increase the cap and you pigeonhole people into Shadowlands, rendering the SL level-changes pointless and doom yourself to having to do a level squish again eventually.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-01-15 at 07:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    While that is an option I feel reverting levels to 50 again feels like a better option, mostly because it removes the strict requirement to justify another 10 levels of stuff, which is exactly the reason we had the squish to begin with, levels being meaningless as individual ones meant nothing for player power.

If the reason to go to level 70 is just to prevent complaints of losing levels then I think the complaints of Shadowlands being faster to level through after 10.0 releases would be about the same, so on a sense it's down to which option Blizzard wants to go for.
    I think the main reason for having a bump in levels from expansion to expansion be 5 or 10 levels instead of 1 or 2, is so that the old gear gets gradually phased out and somewhere around the mid point of leveling everybody is on more similar terms (quest gear starts getting higher iLvL then high end gameplay from previous expac). If it was less levels then there would be more of an issue with either the leveling content being too easy for the geared people or too hard for the people that didn't do end game content in previous expansion, or not switching out all previous expac gear by max level (still happened to most people in SL with high Azerite Neck or Maxed out cloak), or a variety of different possibilites.

I hope they stick to future expansion to a similar model like in Shadowlands leveling, first time needs to be done in order to tell a cohesive story (but maybe have it closer to MoP or WoD zones and not locked like in SL where you can't go to next zone at all) and then you can tackle them in any order on alts. Something that BfA and Legion lacked a bit for me was that the leveling experience lacked a more connected story other than some references between the zones while leveling (WoD has done parts of this really good imo, even if majority of the lore wasn't that good, but there was a bigger story we were following while going through the zones).

Also having 5-10 levels per expansion lets you gauge how long you have left in the zone by looking at its level range which is useful for when leveling first time.

As for how they will handle the new level additions, I am a bit fine either way however I would much prefer if they shifted SL to the Chromie Time framework and make all previous expansion 1-60 and 10.0 60-70, or just squish down to 50, switch SL to Chromie Time and make 50-60 in new expansion in order to not get out of hand with numbers again

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally the most annoying thing about this possibly Dragon themed expansion is how Shamans wouldn't likely get a Earth-warder tank spec, you know, because black dragonflight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow is in need of a lizard-man race.
    Since they didn't bother with Sethrak or Saurok, Dragons would be fill that spot nicely.

Formerly known as Arafal