Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Even when said mounts heavily resembles the mount of the Night Elves, and has a similar name (Runesaber vs Nightsaber)?
    So you jump to "new elf" instead of "new night elf content"? Your own words betray how non-confirmed your conclusion was. Out of the millions of players is a 99.9% certainty that no one figured out "Nightborne" as a new race based on the Mystic Runesaber mount. It didn't mention a new race. It didn't mention new elves. They didn't dump tons of lore onto the model as well. All mounts have brief descriptions attached to them. That is neither "tons" or "deep". Stop stretching and reaching for everything but the kitchen sink.

RMT Store items can hint at a future expansion but there is no rhyme or reason to the way they do. Some do. Some don't. At most we can speculate that it might be involved but there is no way to know for sure until after information gets revealed. It has always been that case because Blizzard has never used store items to spoil the expansion reveal.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-01-20 at 03:39 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What exactly is the lore? That Hunters can "tame" mechanicals? Well that's false, because they can't tame mechanicals, they can tame beasts that look like robots. I would really like to see Blizzard expand on this and explain what exactly those animal-like robots truly are, because it's a rather interesting distinction.
    Oh, this is some juicy, dishonest double-standards. Because you believe that hunters "cannot tame mechanicals", that they're just "beasts with mechanical skin", but when the talk is about a different, darker class, now hunters can "tame actual undead" and not jut "beasts with undead skin"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Newsflash to you, Teriz: dragons existed in Warcraft since Warcraft 2. Are you going to claim that Blizzard has been hinting at a WoW dragon isles expansion since Warcraft 2? Again, these are not "hints", this is just you suffering of confirmation bias. The chromatic dragonflight has existed since vanilla, so did dragon eggs, etc.
    Sorry, I'm not going to get into a pointless discussion where you dishonestly argue about how the hints towards Dragon Isles are non-existent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you jump to "new elf" instead of "new night elf content"? Your own words betray how non-confirmed your conclusion was.
    Nope, I didn't jump to anything. I said both conclusions show a level of "solving" the hint.

Out of the millions of players is a 99.9% certainty that no one figured out "Nightborne" as a new race based on the Mystic Runesaber mount. It didn't mention a new race. It didn't mention new elves. They didn't dump tons of lore onto the model as well. All mounts have brief descriptions attached to them. That is neither "tons" or "deep". Stop stretching and reaching for everything but the kitchen sink.
    Lore:

Mount Journal
    Infused with arcane power, the Mystic Runesaber has long been hidden by chaotic nether energies. Recently they have emerged from the shadows in search of ley lines to sate their thirst for magic.

In-Game Store
    An arcane-infused feline saddled with magical runes that focus its energies into wings of pure arcane power.

Blizzard Shop
    An Arcane Ally – Sheltered by chaotic arcane energy, the Mystic Runesaber has eluded capture for millennia. Now from the shadows they emerge to hunt for new sources of magical power. Tame their wild energies to gain a loyal companion and ride into battle on wings of pure arcane power.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mystic_Runesaber

I wouldn't consider that brief. Further it is loaded with info about the eventual Nightborne race.

RMT Store items can hint at a future expansion but there is no rhyme or reason to the way they do. Some do. Some don't. At most we can speculate that it might be involved but there is no way to know for sure until after information gets revealed. It has always been that case because Blizzard has never used store items to spoil the expansion reveal.
    We are in agreement.

Oh, this is some juicy, dishonest double-standards. Because you believe that hunters "cannot tame mechanicals", that they're just "beasts with mechanical skin", but when the talk is about a different, darker class, now hunters can "tame actual undead" and not jut "beasts with undead skin"?
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=134125/...imprint-matrix

They are Mechanical for sure.

I play a Tinker everyday in wow My Hunter is an Engineer and has the sky golem

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't consider that brief. Further it is loaded with info about the eventual Nightborne race.
    One or two sentences is not brief? It is in no way loaded with information about the Nightborne race either. Come on you can't be serious here.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Sorry, I'm not going to get into a pointless discussion where you dishonestly argue about how the hints towards Dragon Isles are non-existent.
    Dude, I just explained to you that this is "confirmation bias" on your part. Not to mention you use certain things in the game as evidence for your claims, while ignoring all the other things of the same type that disproves your claims. For example: you're claiming that a 6-month subscription promotional mount released in BfA and a pet released for WoW's anniversary "hint" at the Dragon Isle expansion, while at the same time ignoring all the other promotional and event items that don't "hint" at anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    One or two sentences is not brief? It is in no way loaded with information about the Nightborne race either. Come on you can't be serious here.
    It’s six sentences, and it’s loaded with references to arcane power, chaotic energy, thirst for arcane magic, and even mentions ley lines. All of which are parts of Nightborne lore.

It’s like you’re arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    It’s six sentences, and it’s loaded with references to arcane power, chaotic energy, thirst for arcane magic, and even mentions ley lines. All of which are parts of Nightborne lore.
    Six sentences spread across multiple spots is not "loaded" and is the very definition of brief. Ley Lines, Arcane Power, Chaotic energy, and thirst for power are all staples of the Warcraft universe and as we have already covered existed on Dreanor. The only one who is arguing just for the sake of it here is yourself who is choosing to die on the hill of six sentences being "loaded and not brief". Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, I just explained to you that this is "confirmation bias" on your part. Not to mention you use certain things in the game as evidence for your claims, while ignoring all the other things of the same type that disproves your claims. For example: you're claiming that a 6-month subscription promotional mount released in BfA and a pet released for WoW's anniversary "hint" at the Dragon Isle expansion, while at the same time ignoring all the other promotional and event items that don't "hint" at anything.
    What mounts and items am I ignoring?

Six sentences spread across multiple spots is not "loaded" and is the very definition of brief. Ley Lines, Arcane Power, Chaotic energy, and thirst for power are all staples of the Warcraft universe and as we have already covered existed on Dreanor. The only one who is arguing just for the sake of it here is yourself who is choosing to die on the hill of six sentences being "loaded and not brief". Lol.
    Six sentences you originally said were "one or two". See what I mean? You're no longer arguing in good faith. If you're responding at this point just to get in the last word, you're more than welcome to have it.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-20 at 05:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Six sentences you originally said were "one or two". See what I mean? You're no longer arguing in good faith. If you're responding at this point just to get in the last word, you're more than welcome to have it.
    One or two per media. One for the in-game store, two for the mount journal, and 3 for the web shop. That is still brief and is by no means loaded with lore. You also use the classic last word BS to somehow make yourself out to be the superior one which just cements that you are arguing to argue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=134125/...imprint-matrix

They are Mechanical for sure.

I play a Tinker everyday in wow My Hunter is an Engineer and has the sky golem
    You're not a Tinker, you're a Hunter shooting arrows with some weird type of beast. Similar to a woodsman or an archer that fights alongside bears and wolves.

A Tinker would be using a mechanical weapons platform to launch projectile weapons and utilize a wide variety of high-tech gadgets. That mechanical platform could then transform into a mech that the Tinker can pilot.

What mounts and items am I ignoring?
    How about the alabaster gryphon/wyvern? The Celestial Steed? The flying pig mount? How about the fight with Ragnaros, the fire elemental pet, the fire elemental enchant, the fire corehound mount, all from WoW's 10th anniversary? And anniversary rewards do count by your logic since you're using a WoW anniversary pet as your evidence. There's also the rewards from all the in-game events, from Winter Veil and Noblegarden to Brewfest and Harvest Festival. Also, what about this mount, also from a 6-month subscription bundle like the one you used as evidence? OR what about this mount, from the now defunct Annual Pass deals?

- - - Updated - - -

You're not a Tinker, you're a Hunter shooting arrows with some weird type of beast. Similar to a woodsman or an archer that fights alongside bears and wolves.
    But when we're talking about another ranged class concept, one darker and undead-y, when you play a hunter and tame an undead beast, then you are this "dark undead-y" class. That is double-standards. You can't pick-and-choose like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the alabaster gryphon/wyvern? The Celestial Steed? The flying pig mount? How about the fight with Ragnaros, the fire elemental pet, the fire elemental enchant, the fire corehound mount, all from WoW's 10th anniversary? And anniversary rewards do count by your logic since you're using a WoW anniversary pet as your evidence. There's also the rewards from all the in-game events, from Winter Veil and Noblegarden to Brewfest and Harvest Festival. Also, what about this mount, also from a 6-month subscription bundle like the one you used as evidence? OR what about this mount, from the now defunct Annual Pass deals?
    I'm not going through every single one of those, because most of those mounts are so old that they obviously didn't produce anything for expansions that followed them.

The Alabaster Gryphon and Wyvern were clearly about Battle For Azeroth. The lore backs that up.
    The Celestial Steed is based on Ulduar, and appeared in the same expansion (WotLK)
    The Flying Pig Mount is a celebration of Chinese new year and based on characters from the Chinese Zodiac. Lucky Yun and Squeakers are similarly based on Chinese zodiac.
    The WoW 10th anniversary revolved around Molten Core, and all pets and mounts reflected that.

Again, if you look into the mounts, when they released, and their lore, it becomes rather apparent which ones stick out, and which ones fit into where and when they were released.

But when we're talking about another ranged class concept, one darker and undead-y, when you play a hunter and tame an undead beast, then you are this "dark undead-y" class. That is double-standards. You can't pick-and-choose like this.
    The Hunter has historically had Dark Ranger abilities and items. The class houses Dark Ranger abilities and items currently in Shadowlands. The Hunter class has never housed Tinker abilities or items. That's the difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going through every single one of those, because most of those mounts are so old that they obviously didn't produce anything for expansions that followed them.

The Alabaster Gryphon and Wyvern were clearly about Battle For Azeroth. The lore backs that up.
    The Celestial Steed is based on Ulduar, and appeared in the same expansion (WotLK)
    The Flying Pig Mount is a celebration of Chinese new year and based on characters from the Chinese Zodiac. Lucky Yun and Squeakers are similarly based on Chinese zodiac.
    The WoW 10th anniversary revolved around Molten Core, and all pets and mounts reflected that.

Again, if you look into the mounts, when they released, and their lore, it becomes rather apparent which ones stick out, and which ones fit into where and when they were released.

The Hunter has historically had Dark Ranger abilities and items. The class houses Dark Ranger abilities and items currently in Shadowlands. The Hunter class has never housed Tinker abilities or items. That's the difference.
    An extremely biased observer is unable to see how selective they are when analysing data, and thus generates useless false results, more news at 11.

Seriously, you see tinker in everything and can't differentiate actual clues and microtransactions mounts. There is not a single poster on this forum who can take this level of incoherent rambling and conspiracy theories serious. At this points, it's as bad as all those elf fandoms.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

But we're talking about hints to future expansions, and you're dismissing all those because, in your opinion, they don't hint at any future expansion. Which again defeats your original argument using the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling and Steamscale Incinerator because it proves what you're doing here is both confirmation bias, and cherry-picking, by dismissing everything except those that fit your narrative.

The Hunter has historically had Dark Ranger abilities and items.
    I'm not going into details or long rants about that particular class as it derails the topic. I just mentioned it to showcase your double-standards, because of all the technology related stuff that the class has, from mechanical pets to even using a weapon crafted by Titan Keepers themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    But we're talking about hints to future expansions, and you're dismissing all those because, in your opinion, they don't hint at any future expansion. Which again defeats your original argument using the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling and Steamscale Incinerator because it proves what you're doing here is both confirmation bias, and cherry-picking, by dismissing everything except those that fit your narrative.
    Well if you could provide evidence that those mounts hinted at future expansions, please put it forward. Also I wasn't just picking out the Steamscale and the TMD, the Sunwarmed Feline is also a possible future expansion hint as well.

I'm not going into details or long rants about that particular class as it derails the topic. I just mentioned it to showcase your double-standards, because of all the technology related stuff that the class has, from mechanical pets to even using a weapon crafted by Titan Keepers themselves.
    Again, it's not a double standard. Hunters have traditionally housed Dark Ranger abilities while they have never housed Tinker abilities. That is a difference. Being able to tame robotic beasts has nothing to do with the Tinker concept. However, Black Arrow, Wailing Arrow, Withering Force, Dark Ranger's Hood, Rae'shalare, and undead pets are part of the Dark Ranger concept, and they all went to the Hunter class.

When Hunters get a claw pack, Pocket Factory, Rock-It Turret, Grav-O-Bomb 3000, Robo Goblin, Deth Lazor, and Cluster Rockets, then we can talk of a double standard.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-20 at 08:37 PM.

Well if you could provide evidence that those mounts hinted at future expansions, please put it forward. Also I wasn't just picking out the Steamscale and the TMD, the Sunwarmed Feline is also a possible future expansion hint as well.
    You're missing the point. You're missing the entire point here, and I don't know if it's not done intentionally.

The whole point of me putting forth those mounts, items, pets and other event-only items is to demonstrate your bias, your cherry-picking. You picked those two examples (Timeless Mechanical Dragonling and Steamscale Incinerator) because they fit your narrative, and then you dismiss everything else that doesn't. "Oh, that mount, that mount, that mount and that mount don't hint at a future expansion, but this one does! Nevermind that this just so happens to perfectly fit my narrative while the ones I dismissed don't." This is what you're doing.

Again, it's not a double standard.
    Yes. Yes, it is. You can try to shove in all the rationalization you want, but it won't change the fact that it is double-standards. Going back to what I said earlier: it's funny how you're saying "hunters aren't tinkers" despite all the tech they can create and use, but hunters totally are this other dark-themed, undead-y class because they can tame undead beasts and etc, because it coincidentally matches the fact you want tinkers as a playable class of its own, but not that other class.

A Tinker would be using a mechanical weapons platform to launch projectile weapons and utilize a wide variety of high-tech gadgets. That mechanical platform could then transform into a mech that the Tinker can pilot.

A hunter with a gun and Engineering with a Mechanical pet is a tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the point. You're missing the entire point here, and I don't know if it's not done intentionally.

The whole point of me putting forth those mounts, items, pets and other event-only items is to demonstrate your bias, your cherry-picking. You picked those two examples (Timeless Mechanical Dragonling and Steamscale Incinerator) because they fit your narrative, and then you dismiss everything else that doesn't. "Oh, that mount, that mount, that mount and that mount don't hint at a future expansion, but this one does! Nevermind that this just so happens to perfectly fit my narrative while the ones I dismissed don't." This is what you're doing.
    That is a gross misinterpretation of the facts. Take the Alabaster Mounts for example; They came out during BFA and their lore discusses how each represents the two factions. This theme is reinforced via the faction war that was occurring in that expansion as well as the focus on heroes on both the horde and alliance.

What does the Steamscale Incinerator represent? It’s built by both Gnomes and Mechagnomes. There’s no mention of Mechagon or anything related to BFA. Instead, the lore discusses how a Gnome dreamed of riding a dragon, so he built a dragon and used a trapped demon to power it, creating a “Dragon Soul”.

In a pre-expansion environment where dragon hints a prominent, that lore should garner attention.

Yes. Yes, it is. You can try to shove in all the rationalization you want, but it won't change the fact that it is double-standards. Going back to what I said earlier: it's funny how you're saying "hunters aren't tinkers" despite all the tech they can create and use, but hunters totally are this other dark-themed, undead-y class because they can tame undead beasts and etc, because it coincidentally matches the fact you want tinkers as a playable class of its own, but not that other class.
    Once again, the Hunter class has Dark Ranger abilities and items from Sylvanas, but has never gotten Tinker abilities and items from Gazlowe. That’s a very clear difference.

Once again, the Hunter class has Dark Ranger abilities and items from Sylvanas, but has never gotten Tinker abilities and items from Gazlowe. That’s a very clear difference.
    Tinker is took up by engineering in game. Also hunters lost black arrow