Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    This guy is really obsessed with Tinkers....
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Nope. You brush them off as nothing, basically.
    Nope. I said the Phoenix is in reference to TBC classic, and the cat resembles something from Shadowlands. That said, the cat could be an indicator of something from next expansion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    This guy is really obsessed with Tinkers....
    No shit... i wonder what causes a person to be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nope. I said the Phoenix is in reference to TBC classic, and the cat resembles something from Shadowlands. That said, the cat could be an indicator of something from next expansion as well.
    Like i said, brushing them off as nothing.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-01-18 at 05:18 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Cat resembles something from shadowlands? How exactly?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Mechagon isn't mentioned in its lore, it isn't built by a Mechagnome, it was released way after Mechagon, and we also got Timeless Mechanical Dragonling in 9.1 Shadowlands which was also a mechanical dragon.
    They designed it as part of Mechagon and then realized it's too good to just give it away and decided to release it as a store mount instead.

Cat seems more linked to the blood elfs if anything

I think it's somewhat based on the fox model.

Three mounts used, Half life 3 confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I could see that cat being dragon-related, since it is the color of flame. Maybe it's a creature on Dragon Isles?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Cat seems more linked to the blood elfs if anything
    It is called "Sunwarmed", which immediately reminds me of "Sunwell". Maybe it is BE-related, due to TBC classic we can't rule that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Three mounts used, Half life 3 confirmed.
    5 mounts used. Just found out that The Enchanted Fey Dragon mount was announced long before WoD was announced.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Live-This-Week

In Shadowmoon valley; https://www.wowhead.com/npc=71260/enchanted-fey-dragon
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-21 at 01:00 AM.

I believe the the sunwarmed furline may allude to one of the zones in the next expansion not the overall theme. The appearance of the cat reminds me of both the Red Dragons and Sin'dorei visual elements. I would favor it being Blood Elf related as it shares all of its main colors with the Sin'dorei with the word sun in its name and a reference to autumn. Quel'thalas appears perpetually in autumn. The Sunwell is a sacred font of magical energy. Its eyes are fel green like the default eye color for Blood Elves used to be. Its saddle looks of Kaldorei make. The color scheme is very warm and vivid which also could mean that it could also allude to Ruby Dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by She of Three Faces View Post
    I believe the the sunwarmed furline may allude to one of the zones in the next expansion not the overall theme. The appearance of the cat reminds me of both the Red Dragons and Sin'dorei visual elements. I would favor it being Blood Elf related as it shares all of its main colors with the Sin'dorei with the word sun in its name and a reference to autumn. Quel'thalas appears perpetually in autumn. The Sunwell is a sacred font of magical energy. Its eyes are fel green like the default eye color for Blood Elves used to be. Its saddle looks of Kaldorei make. The color scheme is very warm and vivid which also could mean that it could also allude to Ruby Dragons.
    I actually need to update my OP, because I agree. Someone also said that the Sunwarmed Furline resembled Alexstraza, and it actually wasn't an off-the all comparison;

Perhaps a creature that exists on the dragon isles, somehow related to red dragons?

The iron chimera was released before WoD too...

I actually need to update my OP, because I agree. Someone also said that the Sunwarmed Furline resembled Alexstraza, and it actually wasn't an off-the all comparison;

Perhaps a creature that exists on the dragon isles, somehow related to red dragons?
    I would be very pleased to see tamable models of these. This is the most beautiful cat model in game. I could easily see variants of these in each zone. This one in the red dragon zone. A black and orange variant with red eyes for the black dragon zone. A blue, magic themed one for blue dragons. A night elven/nature themed one for the emerald dragon zone. It could very well be the eevee of the dragon isles which, would in my opinion, be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The iron chimera was released before WoD too...
    Do you know when it was announced? WoD was announced November 6, 2013, and the Iron Skybreaker came out in January 2014. If it was announced before WoD was announced, I can add it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by She of Three Faces View Post
    I would be very pleased to see tamable models of these. This is the most beautiful cat model in game. I could easily see variants of these in each zone. This one in the red dragon zone. A black and orange variant with red eyes for the black dragon zone. A blue, magic themed one for blue dragons. A night elven/nature themed one for the emerald dragon zone. It could very well be the eevee of the dragon isles which, would in my opinion, be interesting.
    Some don’t want to talk about it, but this is also a suspicious mount that may be a hint to a dragon expansion;

Do you know when it was announced? WoD was announced November 6, 2013, and the Iron Skybreaker came out in January 2014. If it was announced before WoD was announced, I can add it.

- - - Updated - - -

Some don’t want to talk about it, but this is also a suspicious mount that may be a hint to a dragon expansion;

It very well could be. We won't know until the next expansion is revealed which feels like it's going to be forever.

This whole idea of "hints" (this mounts hints to expansion X, that pet hints to expansion Y, etc) are absolutely, objectively, nothing more than just confirmation bias. It demonstrates the lack of impartiality of the observer, who twists data and misinterprets facts to suit a narrative, whether intentionally or not.

This whole idea of "store mounts predicting next expansion" is BS because we have way more store mounts that don't hint at anything than those that apparently do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    This whole idea of "hints" (this mounts hints to expansion X, that pet hints to expansion Y, etc) are absolutely, objectively, nothing more than just confirmation bias. It demonstrates the lack of impartiality of the observer, who twists data and misinterprets facts to suit a narrative, whether intentionally or not.

This whole idea of "store mounts predicting next expansion" is BS because we have way more store mounts that don't hint at anything than those that apparently do.
    So the Mystic Runesaber showing up as a store mount in WoD (with lore describing ley lines and chaotic arcane energy), and then showing up in droves in Legion (surrounded by Nightborne who had lore about ley lines and chaotic arcane energy) is confirmation bias?

So the Mystic Runesaber showing up as a store mount in WoD (with lore describing ley lines and chaotic arcane energy), and then showing up in droves in Legion (surrounded by Nightborne who had lore about ley lines and chaotic arcane energy) is confirmation bias?
    Exactly! You're starting to get it!

Store mounts are not "indicatives" of future expansions. Look, for example, at Tyrael's Charger: "A symbol of justice throughout all known realms" is what is written on the mount journal, and "This regal and trusty companion of the Archangel of Justice is in need of a new master. Summon the angelic steed from the High Heavens of the Diablo universe and charge into battle against the forces of darkness" is its lore, and the mail you get it from reads: "<Name>, I had this thing delivered clear from outer space and my feet don't even reach the stirrups. Perhaps you might get some use out of it...? Be good." It was part of the Annual Pass that came started in Blizzcon 2011, the event that announced the Mists of Pandaria expansion. Now, tell me: what does the Tyrael Charger has to do with MoP? Nothing. What expansion is Tyrael's Charger hinting at? None.

Every time you say "this mount hinted at this expansion", like the mystic runesaber, you're using of hindsight to reach a biased conclusion, and not a statement of fact. Especially Blizzard never said that they "hint" at expansions this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Exactly! You're starting to get it!

Store mounts are not "indicatives" of future expansions. Look, for example, at Tyrael's Charger: "A symbol of justice throughout all known realms" is what is written on the mount journal, and "This regal and trusty companion of the Archangel of Justice is in need of a new master. Summon the angelic steed from the High Heavens of the Diablo universe and charge into battle against the forces of darkness" is its lore, and the mail you get it from reads: "<Name>, I had this thing delivered clear from outer space and my feet don't even reach the stirrups. Perhaps you might get some use out of it...? Be good." It was part of the Annual Pass that came started in Blizzcon 2011, the event that announced the Mists of Pandaria expansion. Now, tell me: what does the Tyrael Charger has to do with MoP? Nothing. What expansion is Tyrael's Charger hinting at? None.

Every time you say "this mount hinted at this expansion", like the mystic runesaber, you're using of hindsight to reach a biased conclusion, and not a statement of fact. Especially Blizzard never said that they "hint" at expansions this way.
    You gotta realize that when you are dealing with the demonic being known as the Tinkerman everything that disproves it's theories are just exceptions to the rule. Even if there are a hundred things against the idea as long as one thing supports it the Tinkerman will refuse to let it die until it is temporarily sent back to hell. Next time you want to banish it you will need to find at minimum 2 things flawed with its argument and constantly reply back to it until it slips up and sends itself back to hell.