Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I also wonder why he'd be so positive that it was the work of cops and not some other random racists with guns. That Venn diagram certainly has an overlap, sure, but there are far more gun owning racists without badges than with.
    By virtue of there being more people that aren't cops than are...that is correct.

In equal amounts though? I think the concentration of racists that also happen to be cops would likely be higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    By virtue of there being more people that aren't cops than are...that is correct.

In equal amounts though? I think the concentration of racists that also happen to be cops would likely be higher.
    Not even going to get into that conversation, except to say that I suspect the, I don't know what word to use, the timbre? of cop racism isn't necessarily the same as that of non-cop racism, in general.

Shooting up a gravestone seems to me to be more of an impotent action, more suited to impotent non-cop racists. Racist cops would have entirely far too many potential other outlets for their racism and would, I suspect, be less likely to "waste" their law-breaking actions on destruction of property and illegal discharge of a firearm.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not even going to get into that conversation, except to say that I suspect the, I don't know what word to use, the timbre? of cop racism isn't necessarily the same as that of non-cop racism, in general.

Shooting up a gravestone seems to me to be more of an impotent action, more suited to impotent non-cop racists. Racist cops would have entirely far too many potential other outlets for their racism and would, I suspect, be less likely to "waste" their law-breaking actions on destruction of property and illegal discharge of a firearm.
    That's actually a compelling argument.

"Your honor, my client clearly has much more destructive ways to abuse his authority and express his racism than to engage in some vandalism"

15+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a compelling argument.

"Your honor, my client clearly has much more destructive ways to abuse his authority and express his racism than to engage in some vandalism"
    I have no doubt that there could be a bunch of racist cops or ex-cops that made it a tradition of shooting at the gravestone of one of their victims every year but there should be way more pictures to this than just one story that pops up every other year. I mean, the pictures are the same throughout the years, not very compelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I have no doubt that there could be a bunch of racist cops or ex-cops that made it a tradition of shooting at the gravestone of one of their victims every year but there should be way more pictures to this than just one story that pops up every other year. I mean, the pictures are the same throughout the years, not very compelling.
    Again, I'm just going to say that at no point have I said "this is proof the cops did this"

All I have been saying is "the cops assassinated a man...if they can do that and get away with it... why is it so hard to believe they might do this?"

And, I am not being facetious at all when I say that the response I got from @PhaelixWW is honestly the most compelling answer I've received to that question.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, I'm just going to say that at no point have I said "this is proof the cops did this"

All I have been saying is "the cops assassinated a man...if they can do that and get away with it... why is it so hard to believe they might do this?"

And, I am not being facetious at all when I say that the response I got from @PhaelixWW is honestly the most compelling answer I've received to that question.
    Yeah, just wanted to share the non-info I've found. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

And yet you keep pushing this as though the fact that they could is proof that they probably are, and framing our skepticism as being more concerned about property damage than murder.

Honestly, for me, the fact that he was killed FIFTY YEARS AGO is the biggest reason to doubt that those cops are still shooting up his grave today.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    And yet you keep pushing this as though the fact that they could is proof that they probably are, and framing our skepticism as being more concerned about property damage than murder.

Honestly, for me, the fact that he was killed FIFTY YEARS AGO is the biggest reason to doubt that those cops are still shooting up his grave today.
    These racists still fly flags celebrating a war they lost 150 years ago. It wouldn't surprise me that they'd also find a way to celebrate a high profile killing of a black person a mere 50 years ago. Whether that would involve shooting up a gravestone on a regular basis is another question, but I wouldn't rule it out just because of the amount of time passed.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Except I'm not doing that. I don't have any evidence that they did it. I'm not making an accusation that they did.

All I'm saying is I have no reason to believe that they wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account

They did just make a movie about him.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They did just make a movie about him.
    The damage to the gravestone clearly pre-dates that.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Except I'm not doing that. I don't have any evidence that they did it. I'm not making an accusation that they did.

All I'm saying is I have no reason to believe that they wouldn't.
    Remind me how the Stasi used to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Why are you rolling your eyes when you often do the same thing?
    Like, c'mon

We all use hyperbole or have suspicions, I don't think it was to any degree of what comedy you're inventing.
    I honestly have no idea what exactly you are trying to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

The whole "50 years ago" thing is the part that makes this really quite irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I honestly have no idea what exactly you are trying to say.
    It seems like he's saying your hyperbole was bad, but that Ego's hyperbole was ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    The whole "50 years ago" thing is the part that makes this really quite irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like he's saying your hyperbole was bad, but that Ego's hyperbole was ok?
    Funny how it was 50 years ago and they never admitted fault to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Remind me how the Stasi used to work.
    Bringing up the Stasi when we're talking about a man who the FBI and Police conspired together to assassinate is a bold tactic...

Bringing up the Stasi when we're talking about a man who the FBI and Police conspired together to assassinate is a bold tactic...
    Why ? You are using the same reasoning as the Stasi. Can't handle it ?

Why ? You are using the same reasoning as the Stasi. Can't handle it ?
    And the FBI and police used the same tactics as the Stasi when they assassinated Fred Hampton. That's why I think it's a bold strategy.

Like, you're bringing up the exact kind of thing that makes people not trust the police.

And the FBI and police used the same tactics as the Stasi when they assassinated Fred Hampton. That's why I think it's a bold strategy.

Like, you're bringing up the exact kind of thing that makes people not trust the police.
    Whataboutism much ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whataboutism much ?
    Great followup to your 'what about Stasi?' post.
    /s