The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    for who exactly?
    Not the Packers. Saw it on Twitter and I had to check it out myself. The last major playoff game the Packers won at home was in 1997. Otherwise it's been either blowouts, low-round games, or on the road.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my key to the game going into today was turnovers, and the teams tied for those at 1-1, with the edge going to the Niners for their special teams efforts.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Blow this team up, if they can't get it done 3 years running then just accept LaFleur can't coach the playoffs and Rodger's contract is an albatross keeping this team down.
    39-10 over the past 3 regular seasons, and this man says blow it up.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So, yeah, Garoppolo, Warner, and Mitchell weren't even on the injury report from yesterday, and now Bosa is off it as well.

While MVS is likely out of the game and Bakhtiari didn't practice again yesterday and is questionable.

But some people would have it that the 49ers are way more beat-up than the Packers.

Weird.
    Why not at least tag me instead of post like this? When we were talking this, the news regarding injuries was different. Pat yourself on the back because you posted after some things changed, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    Or just fix the extremely bad special teams. I mean GB outplayed SF in every other aspect of the game. I didn't see half the team looking for the ball when it got blocked.
    Yeah special teams lost the game but Rodgers should have also been able to do a bit better I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not at least tag me instead of post like this? When we were talking this, the news regarding injuries was different. Pat yourself on the back because you posted after some things changed, I guess.
    Dude just let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pat yourself on the back
    Okay; will do. Thanks.

You'll remember that I wasn't the one who started talking about who was expected and who wasn't.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Yeah special teams lost the game but Rodgers should have also been able to do a bit better I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude just let it go.
    No, I won't let it go - just a whiny way for them to post, especially since it was a long gap.

You're right though, Rodgers could have done better. But he wouldn't really have needed to if special teams weren't just seriously lacking all year.

10+ Year Old Account
    MVP curse lives on! (assuming Rodgers gets it)

No MVP has won the Superbowl since Kurt Warner did it way back when ('99 I think).

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Okay; will do. Thanks.

You'll remember that I wasn't the one who started talking about who was expected and who wasn't.
    Yeah just a skeevy way to post, especially since all we were doing was talking about football.

In regards to injuries, who is/was expected to play is pretty relevant, or who already had injuries, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude just let it go.
    I think I'll just follow this advice.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Yeah just a skeevy way to post, especially since all we were doing was talking about football.

In regards to injuries, who is/was expected to play is pretty relevant, or who already had injuries, etc.
    I mean, if you ever entertained the idea Bosa wouldn't play in this game that was a really silly thing. He was out of concussion protocol in the bare minimum you can get out of it lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, if you ever entertained the idea Bosa wouldn't play in this game that was a really silly thing. He was out of concussion protocol in the bare minimum you can get out of it lmao.
    It isn't THAT simple to get out of it, many players have missed multiple weeks to them. Taysom Hill being one of them off the top of my head this season. If you know how the concussion protocol works and the steps you have to take, it isn't as simple as you make it seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it cheers you guys up at all, your back and forth about injury reports was just about the most boring banter ever.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also to the folks saying "But LaFleur fixed the offense."

Sure, and their new DC developed their defensive guys.

But at home after a bye and after a first-drive touchdown this team puts up:
    Fumble
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Blocked FG
    Punt
    FG
    Blocked punt
    Punt

And in the game-defining drive they just pity run it like they were playing for Overtime.

And that Special Teams fiasco? Run by a guy that was promoted internally. After firing the guy that internal guy worked under last year when Special Teams were also a fiasco.

LaFleur absolutely owns this meltdown as he should own the last two playoff meltdowns. This is no different than McCarthy's tenure post-Super Bowl.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It isn't THAT simple to get out of it, many players have missed multiple weeks to them. Taysom Hill being one of them off the top of my head this season. If you know how the concussion protocol works and the steps you have to take, it isn't as simple as you make it seem.
    It's as simple as that when the man is literally tweeting on monday hints that he is good to go. Of course it wouldn't be that simple if it was a major concussion but it wasn't, not even close. It was more of nuisance to Bosa then a injury and all of the 49ers beat writers where reporting as such.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If it cheers you guys up at all, your back and forth about injury reports was just about the most boring banter ever.
    Except for the one that was talking about Mostert being on IR when he went out a couple plays into game 1 and basically didn't even matter to mention or talk about haha. That one cracked me up. The rest was pretty stupid.

Apparently Greenbay only fielded 10 men on that final fg attempt. What a shitshow their special teams was.

It's as simple as that when the man is literally tweeting on monday hints that he is good to go. Of course it wouldn't be that simple if it was a major concussion but it wasn't, not even close. It was more of nuisance to Bosa then a injury and all of the 49ers beat writers where reporting as such.
    Sure the player can act like that, but he could have been wrong. Not the first time an athlete saying he's good to go and all of a sudden he isn't anywhere to be seen. But anyways injury talk is pretty boring. So let's just agree to disagree or whatever.

At the time, he wasn't, to be fair. But thats just one player. I was literally just comparing injury reports and information given from coaches at the time. ./shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Apparently Greenbay only fielded 10 men on that final fg attempt. What a shitshow their special teams was.
    I think we can say the Packers special teams will get an overhaul just like the Bengals O-Line haha. Both of them were just absolute trash and one of them cost their team pretty big, though not the only reason the Packers lost, 10 pts with a bye week and homefield in snowy/cold conditions that SHOULD favor them was a huge reason. Yes they should have at least made the FG and scored 13 but yeah well it doesn't work that way.