Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    To be fair wouldn't Necro make more sense outside of the Shadowlands than inside as a new class? "I specialize in raising the dead back to some half form of life here in the land of the.....dead?"
    Having an expansion about the cosmic realm of death is a pretty good setting for a Necro class I think... If that was the case the lore would have been tailored to have it make sense.

How dumb as fuck would it be if 10.0 was dragon isles with Necro as the next class.

When every other new class has matched the theme of their parent expansion

We already have dark rangers. They're called hunters.

While this sounds more interesting than other "leaks", I don't see any of this happening.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OYueIdI_2L0/maxresdefault.jpg
    good try with your meme, but the horde orcs are not warlords, wod is a different universe/timeline and they were warlords because they were going to war, plus, chieftains
    Because they are based on chinese Warlords of old.
    which is, different from orcs thematic

"Completely devoured by their demonic bloodlust and without new enemies to fight, many orc clans began fighting amongst themselves. Petty rivalries escalated into full-scale bloodbaths, and total chaos descended upon orcish society."
    Do you even read what you put here? they were under the demonic bloodlust, normally they don't do that, lmao

"Black dragons - The Dragonmaw have enslaved members of the Black Dragonflight to serve them as mounts."

"Magnataur - Garrosh domesticated many by holding their young hostage."

"Kraken - Garrosh used eight kraken to defend Bladefist Bay from an Alliance naval assault."
    alternate draenor doesn't count, and those are more animals than people, as for you know, current horde don't do that, and garrosh isn't the leader anymore.

Blood elves went a dark path by siphnoning magic from Demons.
    They didn't, but this is pointless, as this story was not created yet, cause that is the point, create new lore to give excuses/motives for X thing happening.

Literally seen them together in MoP and BfA.
    Yeah, as part of Zul faction, you know, enemies of zandalar

Tauren are the Night elven counterpart in the Horde. The nature-inclined race.
    this does not refute they being allies in the past and being in different factions

Huh? How does it make sense? Do they have a closer relationship with the Alliance? Do they share things in common?
    they don't have, they can still go anyway, because they can make up reasons, lmao, its literally what they did in tbc with draenei and blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's biggest mistake was grabbing too many plotlines for a single expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Having an expansion about the cosmic realm of death is a pretty good setting for a Necro class I think...
    I mean that's just my point it's not. Hell DKs got nothing out of SL lorewise as well and they're like half a Necro class.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I mean that's just my point it's not. Hell DKs got nothing out of SL lorewise as well and they're like half a Necro class.
    What are you talking about, darion is walking around oribos like he owns it. There are ebon knights acting as portal keepers.

Gameplay wise, abomination limb is pretty dk'y

Crap. We've reached the state where the leaks are honing in about what people like, and didn't reject strongly from other leaks. This stuff always happens. And what'll actually announced in 10.0 will end up disappointing for not measuring up.

Nice attempt. 7/10. I'd be relatively happy with that one. The sub-classes one is a bit too fan-indulgent to ring true for me.

I do have to strongly disagree with folks that think Rajani for the Alliance is stupid. Trust me, as someone that predicted Nightborne would go Horde from the start and argued for this extensively on this forum, I'm pretty good in predicting Blizz on stuff like that. Rajani Mogu are a stoneborn race, and make for a fine "civilized" alternative to the Ogres, who are also a stoneborn race, but for the Horde. They are also a Titanborn race, like Dwarves, Gnomes and Humans. And the Rajani are the clan loyal to the Titan ideals, just like the Dwarves, and oppose their savage brethren. They are much more likely to join the "Noble Alliance" than roar "For the Horde". The other clans may have once stood with the Zandalari, 10.000 years ago, but their only recent cooperation with them was with the forces of the traitor Zul, and invading Zandalar.

If the Rajani are joining any faction, it will be the Alliance.

Haha just wait and see.
    I am.
    By the way, if you think i'm against the Tinker, you're mistaken. I'm against annoying users.

See but back then DHs had just as much chance as tinkers, if not more, since the burning legion was still kicking and many people wanted playable DHs.
    I like it how you change your mind to suit reality.

Now all we have left for possible new classes from warcraft 3 is Necro, DR, and Tinker.
    Necro is not a Hero. And there others you failed to mention.

That leaves us with either Tinker or a pseudo asspull dragonsworn.
    How does your math add up? If there's a new class it has to be a Tinker regardless of expansion theme?

I'm betting on Tinker due to the mechanical timeless pet from the recent anniversary.
    There are other mounts\pets.

It's just common sense.
    Not close.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Friendly reminder: we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    good try with your meme, but the horde orcs are not warlords, wod is a different universe/timeline and they were warlords because they were going to war, plus, chieftains
    Oh, you mean like the ones who joined us? Yeah, they're totally not Orcs.
    Oh, and by the way:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Warlord_Zaela

which is, different from orcs thematic
    Obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be separate races. Even so, they are very close look-wise and mentality-wise.

Do you even read what you put here? they were under the demonic bloodlust, normally they don't do that, lmao
    Without resources on Draenor, they did.

alternate draenor doesn't count, and those are more animals than people, as for you know, current horde don't do that, and garrosh isn't the leader anymore.
    Of course it does. Are you implying Mag'har aren't Orcs?
    If they were animals, they would be listed as such, wouldn't be sentient and would be tamable by the Hunter.

"Ettin -The Forsaken have managed to subjugate and utilize some of ettins to haul their wagons through Silverpine Forest."

"Boulderslide - They became servants of the Horde thanks to the efforts of Subjugator Devo."

They didn't, but this is pointless, as this story was not created yet, cause that is the point, create new lore to give excuses/motives for X thing happening.
    You mean in WC3? Ofcourse they did. They renamed themselves Blood elves to differentiate them from the High elves and Kael'thas already had green eyes, fel spheres and demonic abilities.

Yeah, as part of Zul faction, you know, enemies of zandalar
    Only recently. And that was because Zul went villainous.

this does not refute they being allies in the past and being in different factions
    "Prior to the War of the Shifting Sands, the night elves and the tauren had apparently been involved in a blood feud dating back centuries. Some of the kaldorei during the War of the Ancients, such as Desdel Stareye, also seemed to regard the tauren who came to their aid as barbaric and uncivilized in nature."

they don't have, they can still go anyway, because they can make up reasons, lmao, its literally what they did in tbc with draenei and blood elves.
    You can say that about any race. That's hardly an excuse.
    Draenei as beings didn't exist as they do, so i don't see a reason why they wouldn't fit the Alliance. As for the Blood elves, i agree they don't particularly fit the aesthetics of the Horde, yet they did gave them a twist to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I do have to strongly disagree with folks that think Rajani for the Alliance is stupid. Trust me, as someone that predicted Nightborne would go Horde from the start and argued for this extensively on this forum, I'm pretty good in predicting Blizz on stuff like that.
    That was pretty obvious, as they are like the Blood elves in every aspect.

Rajani Mogu are a stoneborn race,
    Stoneborn are the Gargoyles in Revendreth. You mean Titanforged.

and make for a fine "civilized" alternative to the Ogres, who are also a stoneborn race, but for the Horde.
    Why would they be the alternative to the Ogres? There are already the Vrykul, or Drust, as the giant progenitor of the iconic leader race as an equivalent.

They are also a Titanborn race, like Dwarves, Gnomes and Humans.
    And so are Orcs and Ogres.

And the Rajani are the clan loyal to the Titan ideals, just like the Dwarves, and oppose their savage brethren.
    Agreed.

They are much more likely to join the "Noble Alliance" than roar "For the Horde". The other clans may have once stood with the Zandalari, 10.000 years ago, but their only recent cooperation with them was with the forces of the traitor Zul, and invading Zandalar.

If the Rajani are joining any faction, it will be the Alliance.
    Could be. But, them fighting against the Zandalari indefinitely would be kind of weird. Like the Pandaren, if not Horde, then they should be neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1 View Post
    - After our return from Shadowlands we see that Azeroth is nearly awakened but is very vulnerable. Cataclysms shake all the continents as the 'birth' of the titan occurs.

- New continent is actually Dragon Isles, but dragons aren't the main story of the expansion. Devs are trying to recreate Legion's success and have both epic and local plotlines.

- Dragon Isles consist of 5 zones, each for every main flight, we'll see more 'savage and powerful' versions of dragons and new types of dragonkin, e.g turtles, hydras with dragon blood etc. Isles are located on 'the other side of Azeroth', west to Kalimdor.

- New races are Stonemaul Ogres for the Horde and Rajani Mogu for the Alliance.

- 'New systems' is an attempt to create an adequate versions of SL systems. Dragonflight work essentially like covenants, free switching from the start, 'lessons learnt'.

- 'Bronze flight' isle will contain sort of a reworked Torghast in a form of a time-traveling temple. 'Infinite' timeways with various instances of Azeroth's past like First war, Second War etc. Plans are to make it epic and remove grind, greater scale, up to 20man parties, historical bosses like Galakrond, Medivh etc.

- Infinite Dragonflight is one of the main local antagonists, other being a faction of hostile dragons who pretend to be Azeroth's lieutenants and caretakers. They will be the main antagonists in the starting raid. Also there'll be a timetravel raid in later patches.

- Main conflict is not about dragons. Light and Shadow are assaulting Azeroth to claim titan's power.

- Alliance is at the brink of a civil war with Turalyon refusing to return crown to Anduin and being distrustful of Calia, new queen of the Forsaken. He is under influence of reborn Scarlet Crusade and will open a portal to alt-Draenor and let in Yrel and Army of the Light. They will take over Stormwind, taking Stromwind back is a raid later into the expansion.

- Arathor will be a central character of the expansion.

- Azshara will return, opening a portal to the Void and leading void invasion to Azeroth. Her appearance will change to a void-elf-like, she will appear on the main poster. Xal'atath will also return, we'll know more of her origins and importance.

- New class... It's actually a new system devs been working on for a few years. Test name is 'sub-class', actually a class that is a part of already existing class, but with its own 2 specs. E.g. you start as a shaman, get to lv. 10 and then either choose a spec or a Shadow Hunter sub-class. It has some mechanics that overlap with general shaman class, but then its own mechanics, more unique than normal specs, and 2 specs inside it. Shadow hunter in particular will have healing and curses specs. They also are planning to implement Dark Rangers, Blademasters, Wardens and several more over the course of next several expansions.

- The idea behind this is to implement iconic racial characters like shadow hunters, dark rangers and stuff that are familiar and popular but at the same time not big enough to fit an 'old' idea of class on their own. Lorewise we make some sort of 'Children of Azeroth', taking place of Class Halls. It's a place where trolls teach other races secrets of shadow hunters, orcs - blademasters, nelfs - wardens etc. Subclasses will still be limited to 2-4 races, so you must take certain race\class combo to unlock the subclass.

- There'll be an analogue of artifact weapon from legion, but this time not 1 per spec, but 1 per class and subclass.

- A 'corruption' system, actually 2 at once - light and shadow. You should choose wisely when combining light- and voidtouched items, as the conflict with eachother, but also give insane boost. You can also pick purely one of these but end up brainwashed by Light or Shadow. This is promised to be a 'key mechanic' of the expansion.

- They put all money an effort in this, scrapping a huge part of SL in hope to make a 'bigger, better Legion'. All or nothing.
    Ladow and Shight.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    This leak seems well timed with Bellular’s new video…hmm…lol
    haha...I concur!

10+ Year Old Account

While this sounds more interesting than other "leaks", I don't see any of this happening.
    Yeah, a single talent option given to Marksmanship hunters really encapsulates the entire theme of a Dark Ranger perfectly into an existing class.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yeah, a single talent option given to Marksmanship hunters really encapsulates the entire theme of a Dark Ranger perfectly into an existing class.
    Considering dark rangers are nothing but undead quel'dorei hunters? Yeah, I'd say it does. Ranger is just the word for hunter in quel'dorei society. Much like vindicator is what draenei call paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering dark rangers are nothing but undead quel'dorei hunters? Yeah, I'd say it does. Ranger is just the word for hunter in quel'dorei society. Much like vindicator is what draenei call paladins.

Bad faith or not, you're wrong, but ok. Purposely ignoring established lore doesn't help.

The vindicator comparison doesn't really work btw.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-01-25 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Sometimes i think blizzard creates this flood of false leaks themself, just to counter real ones.

I've thought this too, especially during post-Legion "leak season" and it would make sense.

The professional wrestling world is pretty much the same. Specifically to WWE, they are known to leak false reports/false "insider knowledge" very often to throw people off the scent of something they are doing, so it's a genuine surprise.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-01-25 at 06:15 PM.

Bad faith or not, you're wrong, but ok. Purposely ignoring established lore doesn't help.

The vindicator comparison doesn't really work btw.
    LMFAO SO YOU LINK ME TO A NIGHT ELF NPC. I literally said that ranger is what quel'dorei call hunters. It's a 100% proper comparison to draenei calling paladins vindicators.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Elven_ranger

Talk about ignoring established lore. You're completely and utterly wrong lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMFAO SO YOU LINK ME TO A NIGHT ELF NPC. I literally said that ranger is what quel'dorei call hunters. It's a 100% proper comparison to draenei calling paladins vindicators.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Elven_ranger

Talk about ignoring established lore. You're completely and utterly wrong lol.

Okay so I'll add "cannot read" next to "bad faith" to my list of your attributes.

1. Night Elf Dark Rangers are established in lore. So you are wrong saying dark rangers are nothing but "undead quel'dorei hunters" as a point trying to argue "ranger" is just a word used by them.

2. Dark Rangers have been established as Blizzard than being just more than "undead _____ hunters" as recently as 2 expansions now, so you saying they are the same as regular playable Hunters is wrong.

3. Your example about Vindicators being a Draenei Paladin in this context does not fit because as stated in point 2, Dark Rangers do more and are more than just regular Hunters... Draenei Vindicators are what you say: Draenei Paladins. They do nothing more and are nothing more than that. They are just paladins. Using them as an example of whatever point you are attempting to make is wrong.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-01-25 at 06:24 PM.

Okay so I'll add "cannot read" to "bad faith" to my list of your attributes.

1. Night Elf Dark Rangers are established in lore. So you are wrong saying dark rangers are nothing but "undead quel'dorei hunters" as a point trying to argue "ranger" is just a word used by them.

2. Dark Rangers have been established as Blizzard than being just more than "undead _____ hunters" as recently as 2 expansions now, so you saying they are the same as regular playable Hunters is wrong.

3. Your example about Vindicators being a Draenei Paladin in this context does not fit because as stated in point 2, Dark Rangers do more and are more than just regular Hunters... Draenei Vindicators are what you say: Draenei Paladins. They do nothing more and are nothing more than that. They are just paladins. Using them as an example of whatever point you are attempting to make is wrong.
    No they're not. They're "dark rangers" because they were raised by Sylvanas and she put them into the ranks with her quel'dorei undead rangers. Dark rangers literally are nothing but undead quel'dorei hunters. Sorry not sorry that the truth hurts.

No dark rangers absolutely have absolutely not been established as being anything more than undead hunters. That's just your headcanon.

Dark rangers really don't do anything that a regular hunter can't do. Which is why dark rangers are nothing but elven hunters just like how vindicators are nothing special since it's just what draenei call paladins.

I'm not wrong just because I'm showing how your headcanon about dark rangers is 100% false.

Then, why can't i actually play as one?

No they're not. They're "dark rangers" because they were raised by Sylvanas and she put them into the ranks with her quel'dorei undead rangers. Dark rangers literally are nothing but undead quel'dorei hunters. Sorry not sorry that the truth hurts.
    Then, explain the difference in abilities.

No dark rangers absolutely have absolutely not been established as being anything more than undead hunters. That's just your headcanon.
    You haven't been following the story lately, have you?

Dark rangers really don't do anything that a regular hunter can't do. Which is why dark rangers are nothing but elven hunters just like how vindicators are nothing special since it's just what draenei call paladins.
    Go ahead and hop on a Hunter in-game. Tell me if you play a Dark Ranger.

I'm not wrong just because I'm showing how your headcanon about dark rangers is 100% false.
    You're not just wrong, you are blatantly lying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Again, you are just taking the words and thinking they mean the same thing in the context, even if they have chieftains called warlords, their do not work like the mogu, as a noble, empire-like system

Obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be separate races. Even so, they are very close look-wise and mentality-wise.
    Not at all, as you see, mogu are not know for being tribal shamans. they are a dignified, civilized, empire, even their thunder king is absed around TITAN magic, something close to allaince races, whoa re titan-made

Without resources on Draenor, they did.
    because they were under demonic bloodlust

Of course it does. Are you implying Mag'har aren't Orcs?
    it does not count as the events of draenor are different.
    If they were animals, they would be listed as such, wouldn't be sentient and would be tamable by the Hunter.
    The dragonmaw only tame protodrakes now, not normal dragons, the horde doesn't get the magnataur(which are totally good people), and good luck trying to tame a kraken, Slavery happen in both factions. trying to say "mogu did slavery so they belong to horde", is pretentious.

You mean in WC3? Ofcourse they did. They renamed themselves Blood elves to differentiate them from the High elves and Kael'thas already had green eyes, fel spheres and demonic abilities.
    the elves who absorb demonic magic died, his eyes in wc3 were white, the blood elves who joined the horde were the ones who stayed in azeroth and did not suck fel magic

Only recently. And that was because Zul went villainous.
    see? new lore takes happens all the time.

"Prior to the War of the Shifting Sands, the night elves and the tauren had apparently been involved in a blood feud dating back centuries. Some of the kaldorei during the War of the Ancients, such as Desdel Stareye, also seemed to regard the tauren who came to their aid as barbaric and uncivilized in nature."
    So, if ou think some of the night elves thinking then as barbaric somehow negate the fact they were allies back before, have much in common, and now are in different factions? lmao

You can say that about any race. That's hardly an excuse.
    thats why your excuses make no sense, at all.

Trying to shove mogus in the horde ebcause "they might fit more the horde", when they can totally fit the alliance, much better with their EMPIRE, as the horde do not have one, emprires and kingdoms(alliance) is something close.. Humans also praticed slavery, humans also were conquerors, etc etc, the "monsters go to monsters" is outdated, they going to alliance would be much better for the alliance thematic overall, so they don't only have human-like races.

Could be. But, them fighting against the Zandalari indefinitely would be kind of weird. Like the Pandaren, if not Horde, then they should be neutral.
    only you think its weird, Zandalari and pandaren were enemies, and they are in the same faction anyway, lordaeron were enemies of the orcish horde and they are horde now under the forsaken.

you limit yourself.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-01-25 at 09:23 PM.