Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who cares what sylvanas done and how bad her story has become. Just make her ass and tits bigger and everyone will forget about it.

It always works.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Why would you look at him different? Shadowlands still is hot garbage and The bald man being retroactively introduced as mastermind of the scourge and other events are still awful regardless if Afrasiabi wanted to make her a villain.

His attempt to "redeem" her or "fix" is worse than the damage Afrasiabi did.

Let alone how he though Teldrasill was good and he was part of BfA writing project, he seemed very onboard on everything, since he evens self insert as Nathanos there.

I wondered if that would ever die down. The Nathanos self-insert happened because one guy saw a Twitter post of Danuser's where he had a selfie with a poster of sylvanas saying something about the queen. But what everyone doesn't get is he does that all the time with all the big characters in WoW's story, someone was just trying to troll and it stuck way too well. If you guys wanna hate on a person, make sure it's about something he actually did (like Shadowlands)

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I don't know why you're assuming Afrasiabi was a competent narrative lead. He wasn't the narrative lead for Legion, Tom Chilton was. Afrasiabi gave us BFA, which had the same overall problems Shadowlands has.

And despite the bad writing, its not the primary reason people dislike Shadowlands: it's gameplay & that's not Danuser's job, it's Ion's.
    Chilton was game director during the development of Legion and was succeeded by Ion after launch.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    14 page topic on gossip?

Shall we now call ourselves Gossip Guy?
    Welcome to MMO-C.

When there are no news, we make them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always think how frustrating it must be, to be a creative writer where you write as a team over let's say an author, now regardless Authors do have editors and publishers but the story is still yours. In a video game like WoW, who does the story even belong to?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I always think how frustrating it must be, to be a creative writer where you write as a team over let's say an author, now regardless Authors do have editors and publishers but the story is still yours. In a video game like WoW, who does the story even belong to?
    No one. Continuity is obviously a huge issue for the franchise as a whole. Its always been an issue but probably worse now that Metzen left.

We are basically eating a meal prepared by 20 different chefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well going by this thread, apparently Afrasabi did everything on his own and therefore owns it all (as in is responsible) and Danuser is part of a 60 people writing team and their collabroative team effort gets the credit or some bollocks like that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Did the internet tell you this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    You're confusing two things, my friend: writing and ghostwriting. Some of the takes in this thread are honestly hilarious.
    Lmao, people are rly trying to excuse Danuser hot garbage writing by saying "someone else told him to", Shadowlands is his project and its the worse writing we had in wow.

Buts lets wait until he ruin another expansion and see who they will use as scapegoat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meklo333 View Post
    I wondered if that would ever die down.
    Only when he gets fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only when he gets fired.
    And then you will find another prime evil to dump everything on.

Pattern we had all the way forever.

Lmao, people are rly trying to excuse Danuser hot garbage writing by saying "someone else told him to", Shadowlands is his project and its the worse writing we had in wow.
    Since your memory seems to run short, I will only remind you that I was alluding to your claim that Danuser had any say in the story, becasue he wrote the "nathanos shortstory and the maghar scenario". At that point in time, Danuser was one of many writers - who are ultimately told what to write, since major plot points are decided by the lead story designer, not by them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Pattern we had all the way forever.
    go forbid to call shit work shit.

If the new guy is bad at his job he will get dunked just like Danuser deserves.

And this is pretty funny considering the tentative of dump everything on Afrasiabi and excuse Danuser garbage.

The Jailer should have been introduced in BFA already, if not even frikkin' teased in Legion.

I'm not sure how you can blame that on some dude who was not even at the reins at the time.

I understand there is this whole "Danuser is the great destroyer" fad of the month going on here, but bruh, them numbers - they don't match on this one.
    I didn't mean to imply Danuser was solely responsible for SL's story; just that there were things he did have direct control over in this expansion which are legitimate points of criticism and I don't blame people for being upset with him because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is pretty funny considering the tentative of dump everything on Afrasiabi and excuse Danuser garbage.
    Or... you know... realize that there is no actual "prime evil" to begin with and stop being a conspiracy nut.

Too much to ask for, I know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Since your memory seems to run short, I will only remind you that I was alluding to your claim that Danuser had any say in the story, becasue he wrote the "nathanos shortstory and the maghar scenario". At that point in time, Danuser was one of many writers - who are ultimately told what to write, since major plot points are decided by the lead story designer, not by them.
    I didn't say he had "any say in the story" i said he was part of the BfA writing and was on board in everything as senior designer.

Things get even messier when the gossip says that even if he was fired in 2020 he was not the lead writter after BfA launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I didn't mean to imply Danuser was solely responsible for SL's story; just that there were things he did have direct control over in this expansion which are legitimate points of criticism and I don't blame people for being upset with him because of it.
    My point is and always was that nobody on these forums know shit. There is nothing concrete, the whole thread's premise is some hearsay and who knows how actually objective it even is. And that's the theme with all these threads.

That's why screeching at X "omg he did it" is kind of silly, given you don't even actually know what, why and when.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or... you know... realize that there is no actual "prime evil" to begin with and stop being a conspiracy nut.

Too much to ask for, I know.
    The only one saying prime evil and "conspiracy" here is you. Shadowlands is Danuser job, and is an awful written expansion, its his fault, not afrasiabi,

Shadowlands is not "Danouser trying to fix Afrasiabi sabotage" like the rumors youtubers and other people are spreading.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one saying prime evil and "conspiracy" here is you. Shadowlands is Danuser job, and is an awful written expansion, its his fault, not afrasiabi,

Shadowlands is not "Danouser trying to fix Afrasiabi sabotage"
    (a) You don't know shit.
    (b) Repeating your feels another 50 times does not change (a).

I don't.

If anything this "leak" poses Danuser and his team in an even worse light. If Afrasiabi really did burn Teldrassil and then nope out with no plan for the future, they should have just ended the revenge arc at Lordaeron, killed Sylvanas there and have the Alliance take the city. Could have spawned a whole expansion dealing with the rebuilding of a human-elven kingdom there and the reintegration of the Forsaken with their living families.

Instead Danuser chose to double down on the character assassination and in addition to that added story assassination. We got Shadowlands, and the story has never been worse.

If 10.0 really is Danuser's baby, then I fear the worst is yet to come.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

My point is and always was that nobody on these forums know shit. There is nothing concrete, the whole thread's premise is some hearsay and who knows how actually objective it even is. And that's the theme with all these threads.

That's why screeching at X "omg he did it" is kind of silly, given you don't even actually know what, why and when.
    I agree on a broad level but simply because we don't exactly which story beats he was (or was not) responsible for doesn't excuse the fact that he has been the narrative lead for this expansion and at least some of the criticism people have for the story rests on his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Um ghostcrawler left blizzard in mop he didn’t work on legion.
    His name is literally on the Box. Chilton absolutely worked on Legion.

You people act like expansions are developed just a week before they're released. Rather than a full year before they're even announced.