Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ah so you actually have no idea what the fuck a season pass is. Look at Fortnite or Destiny 2. That's a season pass. Adding another fee on top of subscription and cost of expansions is 100% something ActiBlizz would do.
    So you have literally no reason to say this, but you're just going on a tirade for the reason of hate.

You failed to back it up with any form of logic at all even.

Sounds great, they can finally start using all the old content to help smooth over gaps.

Oh no... but what about domination gear? You better turn that off everywhere now that we got rid of it.

Otherwise, i like it.

Wait... does this mean high ilvl legendary bow? :O
    I mean, i like this, but in terms of raids it can get messy, so be very careful. I think it might be best to apply these affixes just to the latest raid. But, in future you should plan it like this and give players ample warning.
    Whatever you do, please don't bring back domination gear and no new rank of legendary crafts, please. There is no way i am paying hundreds of gold for legendaries across my toons again. I prefer to stop until the next xpac.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-03-23 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    given the choice between getting a rushed mess of a next expansion, a long content drought or this little shake-up I think they've actually made a good choice. have to see how it plays out of course, but it sounds interesting
    you know, someone like you says this EVERY expansion. "take your time. don't rush." it never works....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ow2 and d4 were delayed because of the lawsuit and staff leaving. Why wouldnt i believe that the case for wow when they even said on twitter no work was being done because of the walk outs?
    How does having Season 4 delay the launch of the next expansion? Don't deflect into different games.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Hope yall are still having fun in-game. It's looking like it's going to be a long ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    I take back what I said. Fuck this change. I thought this was going to just make all raids relevant at all levels. Not just Mythic.
    Havent really seen them say its only mythic but kinda logical if it only effect Mythic since its a way to increase difficulty and better loot drop.

Do you raid normal and want harder difficulty and better loot, run Heroic, do you raid Heroic and want harder difficulty and better loot run Mythic, do you run Mythic and want harder difficulty and better loot, run Affix.

Why add affix to make normal harder and drop better gear when there already are a version which is harder and drop better gear then normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Indeed. At least they're planning stuff for people to do while waiting, which has been a major issue in many previous expansions. I like the idea too.
    This is because there is no way they can actually keep players this time around. I fear there will be no one left by the end of Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    So many people complaining, they could just.... do nothing and give us a full 12 month drought while they work on the next expansion.

It hasn't even been announced yet, that's still just under a month away. Looking at at least 8-10 months from that.
    The problem is, can they keep the people with just this? They definitely won't be able to if there is nothing and some people may not come back next expac.
    I'm personally not going to play after I've done things I want to do in this patch and won't come back for just what they announced.

Don't get me wrong though, I love this game and want it to be good and want more people to play but I'm just saying the friends I used to play with don't play anymore and it's because of all the BS systems they put and cut content with nothing really new for way too long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How does having Season 4 delay the launch of the next expansion? Don't deflect into different games.
    The entire company is having problems right now so im going to

15+ Year Old Account
    The entire company is having problems right now so im going to
    But how does the entire company having problems relate to you claiming season 4 will prolong the content drought?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Havent really seen them say its only mythic but kinda logical if it only effect Mythic since its a way to increase difficulty and better loot drop.

Do you raid normal and want harder difficulty and better loot, run Heroic, do you raid Heroic and want harder difficulty and better loot run Mythic, do you run Mythic and want harder difficulty and better loot, run Affix.

Why add affix to make normal harder and drop better gear when there already are a version which is harder and drop better gear then normal.
    I imagine it will be normal difficulty with affixes but instead of ilvl 200 for CN then it will be ilvl 252.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Well, I guess 17 years was plenty.

I like that I don't like this. I will just save myself for 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Here's hoping that this isn't a prelude to next month's announcement on the future direction of wow, no new expansions just differently themed seasons ala d3
    considering the expansions bring massive profit margins ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Welp...get ready for season passes in addition to the monthly subscription fee.
    You mean like the other 13+ times that Blizzard has done seasons and slapped on an extra season fee. I know all you ever do is troll but please, at least put some effort into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post

That's my exact line of thinking with how they're handling this, another mode to add to the very top of the game. Which sucks for the rest of the player base.

It's not so much adding affix mode to make normal harder. It's more of providing reasons for going back and revisiting older raids in Shadowlands. In an ideal world, affix mode would be applied to all difficulties, allowing those earlier raids to drop higher level raid loot, bringing them back into focus, and opening up more potential gearing possibilities for players.

Something like;

Season 3 (SFO)
    Raid Finder: Item Level: 239-246
    Normal: Item Level: 252-259
    Heroic: Item Level: 265-272
    Mythic: Item Level: 278-285

Season 4 (CN, SOD, SFO)
    Raid Finder: Item Level: 252-259
    Normal: Item Level: 265-272
    Heroic: Item Level: 278-285
    Mythic: Item Level: 291-300

It's the end of the expansion and everything will ultimately get reset in 10.0. Let's have some fun with it, especially if it's going to be another extended stay.

15+ Year Old Account
    But how does the entire company having problems relate to you claiming season 4 will prolong the content drought?
    They are obviously behind so they're doing another season without a raid so they can at least have something

I like the idea of making older content relevant, pretty much every MMO I'm currently playing does this and I love that it allows me to play the games while doing things that I enjoy. Especially if the current content is less-than-interesting to me. If Blizzard goes in the right (for me) directions with this I could see playing WoW again, eventually.

Sad for all the folk who were hoping for 10.0 this year, though. That seems highly unlikely now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    That's my exact line of thinking with how they're handling this, another mode to add to the very top of the game. Which sucks for the rest of the player base.
    If this will apply only to organized raiding then it's a big nothing-burger for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are obviously behind so they're doing another season without a raid so they can at least have something
    Right. So season 4 is not prolonging the drought like you earlier stated.

I've never liked the idea of complaining about the end of expansion "drought". If you enjoy the content and are having fun then it's great, you get more of what you like! It's only the people that don't enjoy it that just wish it were over. 5.4 could have gone on another six months and I would've been tickled.

This is why I don't think Blizzard has ever really been very concerned with a "drought" and even back when they announced subscription numbers it never seemed like there was a massive falloff at the end of any expansion, specifically. If content is fun, people will keep doing it for much longer before they get bored of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I said it was prolonging the expansion which it is by virtue adding another season.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-03-23 at 04:52 AM.