Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    It really is a shame if it's troo that the build-up of Tyrande cutting down Nathanos and going to find Sylvanas will only be explored in the Sylvanas book and not something you find in-game.
    A real shame, but at least it is explored... outside of the game

This ending was practically the only way out for Blizzard, the character and the audience, so I'm not suprised they went with it. Actually scrap that. I am surprised they didn't go for the full on Kerrigan 2.0 end, but I guess even the people at Blizzard are ashamed to do that again.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-03-24 at 12:33 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

What an absolute shit story beginning with Teldrassil. "Playing 3D chess" my ass, yet another story of corruption and redemption

Whats the point of encrypting things if you are just gonna randomly unencrypt them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    There also is plenty of local wild “life” that wasn’t bound to the jailer still prowling around that could take a bite out of her.

Side note don’t forget this isn’t just Azeroth dead but the dead from countless worlds that were sent there so she probably has to save them too.
    The question is how many of them can even be saved and how many have already been dispersed or forged into random shit for the armies of the jailer.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

HAhahahahhahahah

They are punishing Sylvana by making her play SHADOWLANDS. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

That tells you everything you ever needed to know. The worst, cosmic justice you could find is making her go to the Maw and collect souls. Just like you did to us, and you KNOW it's a punishment.

Well played Blizz. Well played...yourself. (when ya game so bad you use it to punish your own characters!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    From the sounds of this, you haven't played the most recent ZM Campaign quest. One of the key realisations/ideals the new arbiter is championing is that "All souls deserve a chance at redemption", which is what many/all the souls in the Maw didn't get(not only because the Arbiter was broken and all souls were going to the Maw, but presumably some souls were sent straight to the Maw in the previous arbiter set up as well).

So it sounds like the plan is to send all the souls out of the Maw, send them back through the Arbiter to go to where they're supposed to be.
    Seing how mass murderers like the Accuser got a second chance and even a shithead like kel'thuzad did, I doubt many normal souls end up going straight to the maw. It's not even clear if Arthas should have gone there, since Uther intercepted the soul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    She will have to walk because we looted her mount in the SoD raid.
    She is still part smoke monster, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Really wish they just killed Tyrande instead, instead of keeping her whining, raging self there to cater to a terrible fanbase.
    Exactly, Tyrande is a dogshit character, literally left her people when they needed her the most to save her sorry excuse of a man.
    I hope we don't have to deal with any elves in the foreseeable* future, I am as sick of them as I was sick of orcs after WoD

3 hours later.

Slyvanas: Any souls here wish to be free'd?!!... No?... Ok, my work here is done.

At 20 souls per week she's gonna be there a looooooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Seing how mass murderers like the Accuser got a second chance and even a shithead like kel'thuzad did, I doubt many normal souls end up going straight to the maw. It's not even clear if Arthas should have gone there, since Uther intercepted the soul.
    We're told the was only for those who were considered a threat to the Shadowlands itself, and there's some pretty serious world destroyers and stuff in Revendreath. I don't see how the old system was particularly bad about putting people in the maw.

It would explain why oribos is shaped like a tube to send souls down to the maw in the first place though.

is Korthia still attached to the Maw?
    if so, she will even have a nice looking place to rest.

although it'd be great if the whole place began crumbling after the janitor was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    We're told the was only for those who were considered a threat to the Shadowlands itself, and there's some pretty serious world destroyers and stuff in Revendreath. I don't see how the old system was particularly bad about putting people in the maw.

It would explain why oribos is shaped like a tube to send souls down to the maw in the first place though.
    Yeah, I originally had the theory that maybe only the souls of very powerfull beings, potentially versed in necromancy, would go to the maw as they would have "cheat" powers in the other afterlives, but Blizzard practically white-washed necromancy with Maldraxxus to the point where warlocks and the fel seems way more evil now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    She is still part smoke monster, no?
    Depends if that was part of the power being given to her by the Jailer.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Seems more like a banshee thing tbh. They are floating ghosts/specters after all, she is just one that also has a physical body and apparently could partially change between them.. that is at least what it looked like to me.

Did she lost her Maw powers at all though? You can still see her kinda using them in the Anduin fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I like this ending all things considered.

Would I prefer her decapitated? Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Did she lost her Maw powers at all though? You can still see her kinda using them in the Anduin fight.
    I assume she would've lost most of them when the Jailer released her from his service, and definitely when the Jailer was killed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

May you rest in peace Sylvanas my queen. Alas another great name of the old game goes into the recycle bin alongside Arthas,Illidan,Garrosh,Voljin and many many many more.
    Now who is next in line for the Horde death list?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Even worse than redemption and death is Sylvanas being jailed in the Maw. And her punishment is farming souls until the bar is full. That is what the devs normally call "fun gameplay", Danuser calls it "Punishment". And he is right.

Be ready for World of Warcraft 13.0: Return of Sylvanas - Bar filled
    I can already see it. At the end of 12.3 patch. A cinematic is shown. A strange figure we used to know walks up to a big urn which is almost fill with soul ash. She is carrying a soul,the last one in the Maw. She throws it in the urn and BOOM it explodes from all that soul ash. The camera is then pointed at that figures face just under her nose revealing only her lips and chin saying: Alas,my time has finally returned. Introducing 13.0 : World of Warcraft Return of Sylvanas soul ash cap reached.