Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This pretty much means WoW continues being Sylvanas story for a while. She is back in 10.x. Mark my words :,)

Can't wait until 14.0 when we have to go pick up Illidan and Sylvanas from their retirement homes to go on new adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    It is a soft ending. The sylvanas book goes a little bit into detail but basically once she enters the maw the first thing she does is try to find nathanos because her big goal and reason why she helped the jailer was to be with the one she loves in the afterlife. So she gets what she wanted from the beginning to some extent and shes happy to be of service and help make things right again instead of only serving, meaining she doesn't do her sentence because she's forced to do it but because she wants to do it and would've done it regardlessly if she was sentenced for it or not. She rescues the souls she condemned to the maw so the arbiter can judge them and send them to their intended afterlife so that these souls won't necessarily end up with the souls of people they loved except sylvanas. The "broken" system of the shadowlands is still in place but doesn't matter anymore to her because she got what she wanted.

So all in all it isn't really a punishment for her but a happy ending because she gets what she worked towards since legion (the jailers plan kicked off with the invasion of the burning legion and was previously halted by arthas because he broke free of the jailers control).
    I wasn't under the impression she really gave two flying f's about Nathanos other than him being a loyal servant. The love interest always seemed very much one way from him to her and never vice versa.

So how long is it going to take for Sylvanas to find every soul in the maw? 1 expansion, 2 expansions?
    Last edited by Mexh; 2022-03-24 at 07:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    This pretty much means WoW continues being Sylvanas story for a while. She is back in 10.x. Mark my words :,)
    yeah like how bfa and shadowlands was illidan story because he stayed behind to watch over sargeras.

sylvanas is going to be in the maw for a LONG time, if not forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    I think the rule of cool applies here. In the BFA cinematic she is shown de-materializing and re-materializing her body at a different location when assaulting the alliance siege tower, but that shouldn't be possible if she is only a ghost (banshee) possessing a physical body. She also does the teleport thing in HotS
    she also did it in a fair few other locations including her raid boss fight, which btw i fucking love how her raid boss fight references her heroes of the storm abilities (wailing arrow, daggers, withering arrow) and even references the broken shore with thrall and jaina making bridges, which was a massive turning point for her charecter.

if there is ONE THING shadowlands did fucking amazingly, its referencing the past in such a cool way, like how kelthuzad references his past fights, quests, heroes of the storm, and even hearthstone.

tarragrue and eye of the jailer removed from the game, now in the raid, with their fights based around their original mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I don't see it as bad. Slyvanas is effectively a victim of Fear, She felt she would be damned to " Hell " for her actions under the Lich King and as leader of the forsaken which basically lead to her trying to live forever by copying Arthas, Then learned about the Jailor and his plan to " Rewrite the System " and acted under him for her " Get out of jail free card " As we all know however, She wouldn't have been commended to the Maw. Fear can be powerful.

Now she gets what she really needs. A chance to fix everything. Seems about just to me. She get to write the wrongs and save everyone she effected then once its done surely she will be rejudged and sent to her rightful place. I think that's a decent ending to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    So how long is it going to take for Sylvanas to find every soul in the maw? 1 expansion, 2 expansions?
    She'll be back by 10.2

Seems a bit weak.

Let's be real -- she's not going to be tortured down there. She has her free will, more or less, and freedom of movement. She just has a job. She has to round up souls and send them up to the Arbiter... basically she's doing the dailies we as players have been doing (scooping up souls and bringing them out of the Maw). Nothing says the Mawsworn are going to be actively hunting her or her existence there will be harried. It'll just be tedious.

Yeah, it's not a vacation, but it is a pretty light punishment for a war criminal whose actions ("her own") caused tens of thousands of deaths. She doesn't even have to apologize to any the souls that ended up in the Maw thanks to her actions. Just bag and tag them and send them upward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doda1988 View Post
    You know that's her excuse to go look for nathanos, right?
    I hope the jailer activated all 2 of his brain cells and gave Nathanos to Denathrius to imprison somewhere in Revendreth, away from where Sylvanas would think to look. I don't know why you'd keep a valuable piece like Nathan in the Maw where Sylvanas could find him when he was keeping it from her that he was even killed, although that is sort of the thoughtless writing we've become accustomed to.

By the amount of souls I already had to gather during multiple nightfae campaigns she might be done before Jailer mythic is killed.

They wanted her to be the arbiter so fucking bad that this sour grape ending they wrote is comedic.

this ending is sad and pathetic....and so, little by little, blizzard is destroying the few favorite heroes that remain....I'm looking forward to seeing how they destroy alleria.and turalyon....they are useless, they just go easy on earn money, they create a filler expansion and the real profit is the tokens, selling legendaries at 150K gold per character....this is ridiculous. to buy the next expansion I would have to bring a hero class that I want, if not I'm not going to buy it, but... I learned something in this expansion, not to buy a token, you don't have to give them money for nothing, please think about it.

Depends, she is basically condemned to run Thorgast for aeons. I wouldn't wish that to anyone ever.

That's quite a punishment if you think about it - she has to play Shadowlands and farm souls in the maw. She might also need to run Torghast every now and then. That's just too much.

Still I wonder, while she's doing her daily chores, will she able to mount or she has to wait for another patch for that?

For people saying that this is actually a good punishment

She's just gonna run around for a while and save some souls and then she's gonna be back.

What about all the souls that were tortured and died a final death in the Maw?

One of my biggest problems I have with this is that by making her reunite with the "pure" part of her soul, they've essentially magically turned her from a Sylvanas that does not feel remorse into a Sylvanas that does. Sylvanas never went through the process of regretting her own decisions, like you would see in an actual redemption story. It just magically happened through soul splinter fusion. So now we have a Sylvanas in front of us that actually does regret the things that her other half did. So you can't even say anything when she just accepts her punishment. And when she's done her 200 hours of community service, then she's free to go and we have no right to be mad at her. Because that was the punishment she received from the person that hates her the most.

She should've just been put to death.

That's not even to mention the fact, that she's not even really dead. I mean she's undead, but she didn't die and get sent before the Arbiter. She went to the Shadowlands out of her own free will. She's free to leave whenever she wants to. Nothing keeps her in the realm of the dead. I don't even understand why she would be put in front of the Arbiter. The Arbiter judges the souls of those that have just died. Sylvanas didn't. She's not a soul.

And the worst thing about this is, she survives as a character. She will be back. And we all know why that is and who we have to thank for that. Dan the Anus has found a way to build her up as the main villain, have us fight her, then whitewash her of all her crimes and keep her around as a character. She's essentially just being benched for a couple of expansions, at which point Dan will elevate her to savior status like Medivh. She'll come back with a cloak and a staff and warn us of the next coming threat and tell us to set our petty differences aside and unite against a common foe. Because she's now wiser than us.

Thanks, Dan. Hope the massive ejaculation was worth it.
    Last edited by White Mage; 2022-03-25 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, shoved down a drawer and forgotten about?

This is the outcome of the story that they spent years telling?

That was underwhelming, still I can't help but think that this might be the better outcome. I don't know if they could pull off having a NPC this Evil being alive and not feeling like they are trying to redeem her.

Well, shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But how will the "but the jailor controlled her" people react now, when Sylvanas herself says that he didnt control her.
    He did. You saw the cutscene where Sylvanas was looking at herself burning Teldrasil and the other atrocities she committed under the Jailers control and screaming at "herself" and calling "herself" a monster and so on. She's just taking the highroad and saying it was still her. She did those things, under control or not, it was still her. So she still takes responsibility for it.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    *edit* - Forgot to mention: anyone else find it rather humorous about the comment of death being mercy? ...seriously Blizz, what are you thinking, we literally have been in the afterlife this entire expansion. Whether they kill her or not doesn't matter, she'll still be in the Shadowlands. You could kill her and still give her the same sentence. Destroying your soul is one thing, but the standard death sentence basically has lost all its teeth now, especially since apparently we can just move back and forth between the realms anyways.
    I can't remember specifically where offhand, but it was said in game that if you die the Shadowlands, that's it, your anima scatters irretrievably. Maldraxxus is specifically stated to be the sole exception to this rule because of the zone-wide necromantics it employs and the flesh crafters making bodies.

From watching the BFA Cinematic to now... whoever wrote her like this... I honestly hope they step on a Lego. I know it's that guy but anyone else involved... legit... step on a Lego time.

Like a fresh from the box Lego too.