Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Have you noticed how many people hate the very game they play?

I keep reading:

1. "I can't wait for the tier set protection system", " I can't wait for double leggo", "I can't wait for when it's easy" (in general)

2. "Phew we're done with this tier", "it was so painful", "I'm not pulling this boss again!".

3. "that was a much needed vacation from the game"

maybe you don't want to play.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2022-03-29 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    "I can't wait when it's easy"
    Because grinding and timegating isn't fun, and waiting for catch up gear and nerfs so that you can waste as little of your time on tedious prerequisite work so you can get around to playing through the content you actually wanted to play in the first place is the optimal way to play WoW if you are no longer a teenager with unlimited free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Because grinding and timegating isn't fun, and waiting for catch up gear and nerfs so that you can waste as little of your time on tedious prerequisite work so you can get around to playing through the content you actually wanted to play in the first place is the optimal way to play WoW if you are no longer a teenager with unlimited free time.
    Yeah...

It's one thing I hate about MMOs and invariably the reason I take breaks. You're constantly "working toward the fun" doing things that just aren't fun.

It's why loading up some other games is great, because they don't need to keep you on a treadmill to keep you subscribed, or keep you paying for cash shop stuff. You just get in and play the game.

I keep reading:

1. "I can't wait for the tier set protection system", " I can't wait for double leggo", "I can't wait when it's easy" (in general)

2. "Phew we're done with this tier", "it was so painful", "I'm entering for this boss again!".

Have you ever considered that the vast majority of those people actual want the game to be really good because they once loved the game, and they want it to be that good again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even more astonishing is the number of people who hate the game, have quit or not, and spend a ton of time posting the same complaints over and over and over.

That said, vacations from the game are fine. You don't have to hate the game to take a few months off and use the extra money to buy another game. You don't need to visit the theme park every goddamn day and it doesn't mean you hate it when you don't. When you've done everything that interests you it's nuts not to take some time away; even more so to keep paying for it when it's so easy to resubscribe and return.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I keep reading:

1. "I can't wait for the tier set protection system", " I can't wait for double leggo", "I can't wait when it's easy" (in general)

2. "Phew we're done with this tier", "it was so painful", "I'm entering for this boss again!".

Because Blizzard has ruined the game in many aspects.

I keep reading:

The replay value in WoW is kind of low for a ton of reasons, but the lure of the carrot is worth the drudgery of the stick to these players.

People are harder on the things they love. They want it to be the best.

I think its fairly obvious that thye love the game, just that they blow certain issues out of proportion in a very dramatic way. Had they hated it they wouldn't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    People are harder on the things they love. They want it to be the best.
    It's really this. I don't hate the game--I just really want it to be better than it currently is, which is possible.

I keep reading:

Or maybe the game has too much friction. It didn't used to be this bad before Ion. None of those quotes was common pre WOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep reading

I know right?

Its a good thing WoW still retains its 14 million person player base

You can't come to a forum like this and read messages like that and think people don't want to play. As most of the people writing shit like that doesn't actually play. The vast vast majority of players are inside of the game playing and not lurking around forums like this, talking smack. Its the haters and xiv fans doing that shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Even more astonishing is the number of people who hate the game, have quit or not, and spend a ton of time posting the same complaints over and over and over.

And unfortunately, those who need to read this most, will continue to post threads like that.

And like this.

It doesn't help that you have absolute poison and toxic streamers like Accolon who spew constant hate and criticism for the game to whoever will listen.

People like him.. whether it's talking about video games, politics, whatever only rile up the base and make people angry and angrier and have their distasteful or negative opinions reinforced without any opposing (or just alternative) view represented.

Critique is fine...but..good god.. tone it down. Get some perspective and realize these things aren't the worst possible things to ever happen in the entire world history of bad things ohmygod ragefactory riadjjxjd

Chill.

People love the game they hate the systems. The timegating is brutal cause as seen by the race to world first double legos were huge if we had those week 1 of the raid the race wouldnt have been so arbitrarily long for example.

Love and hate are the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Love and hate are the same thing
    Kinda relatable

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yeah...

It's one thing I hate about MMOs and invariably the reason I take breaks. You're constantly "working toward the fun" doing things that just aren't fun.

It's why loading up some other games is great, because they don't need to keep you on a treadmill to keep you subscribed, or keep you paying for cash shop stuff. You just get in and play the game.
    It sounds more like you should be doing SoD right now since that'd be on your level and you won't have to wait for that. Mythic Jailer has been cleared so any future improvements are simply to nerf the content. This whole calling it timegating and crying about systems is ludicrous when these systems are a more interactive way of "oh look 50% nerf to content after X weeks" that we used to get and said things work in the other content as well. So if you're seeming to work towards the fun as you claim, you should be running the old raid when the new one comes out and you won't really be working towards anything and instead be naturally progressing through content as the "stuff unlocks" as you're claiming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SR84 View Post
    It doesn't help that you have absolute poison and toxic streamers like Accolon who spew constant hate and criticism for the game to whoever will listen.

People like him.. whether it's talking about video games, politics, whatever only rile up the base and make people angry and angrier and have their distasteful or negative opinions reinforced without any opposing (or just alternative) view represented.

Critique is fine...but..good god.. tone it down. Get some perspective and realize these things aren't the worst possible things to ever happen in the entire world history of bad things ohmygod ragefactory riadjjxjd

Chill.
    Streamers and forum posters leading sheep are why people cry about systems and say the lore sucks. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Waiting for better gear to complete tedious content seems extremely counterintuitive...am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.