Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    In all seriousness, I assume he's back on Azeroth being faction leader as every other prominent night elf leader character is in SL. Having a faction leader actually be away from the front to lead instead of shooting space ghosts is a welcome breath of fresh air. I wonder how Jaina's mom thinks about promoting her daughter so she can go off to watch horse races or whatever she does only for Jaina to run off to hell and force her to keep running the country.
    I guess you are playing exclusively Horde. Because Malfurion is nowhere in the current game on Azeroth leading the night elves. NOWHERE in Stormwind or anywhere else. Like Mekkatorque or the dwarf council or Velen... just standing around in their capitals.

Fair point with Jaina. Also, I thought since we have concluded her storyline in BfA she would be out of the spotlight for a bit. I was wrong apparently.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2022-03-30 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I guess you are playing exclusively Horde. Because Malfurion is nowhere in the current game on Azeroth leading the night elves. NOWHERE in Stormwind or anywhere else. Like Mekkatorque or the dwarf council or Velen... just standing around in their capitals.
    Oh, I don't mean he's doing anything on-screen. I've had Vol'jin as Warchief and Gallywix was never permanently available in game at any point, only in quests. The leader barely featuring is a given, but rather that it's fairly easy to settle on him being back home as an explanation and it doesn't strain credibility.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Oh, I don't mean he's doing anything on-screen. I've had Vol'jin as Warchief and Gallywix was never permanently available in game at any point, only in quests. The leader barely featuring is a given, but rather that it's fairly easy to settle on him being back home as an explanation and it doesn't strain credibility.
    Really? I thought the Horde war chief was hanging around in Grommash Hold all day every day? Well Gallywix is like Genn, tbh I never keep track of thim. But night elves are equally as popular as humans in the Alliance, you would think devs could keep track of their leaders.

I thought it would have been appropriate if Malfurion appeared at Sylvanas's judgement at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyCheese View Post
    Anduin won't be returning to the throne, Turalyon is king/regent
    Oh, that's really great. The leader of the faction goes on a spiritual quest, and his place is taken by a hardboiled soldier who has recently come from another planet and doesn't have diplomatic skills at all. Sounds familiar. Good luck Alliance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Blizzard is just putting the 'correct' viewpoints into the game through the NPCs as mouthpieces regardless of whether it's what that actual character would say.

EDIT:

Seriously, there was no reason to bring in Maiev, who had been absent for all of SL, aside from to hammer in "THIS IS THE RIGHT DECISION FOR WHAT TO DO ABOUT SYLVANAS" even though it makes no sense for Maiev, the textbook heavy and harsh sentencing character, to say.
    Blizzard style: You either die a villain or live long enough to see Blizzard ruin your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Oh, that's really great. The leader of the faction goes on a spiritual quest, and his place is taken by a hardboiled soldier who has recently come from another planet and doesn't have diplomatic skills at all. Sounds familiar. Good luck Alliance.
    So you are saying 10.0 will be world revamp and 11.0 will be weeb focused?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

JUDGING PEOPLE IS YOUR ENTIRE JOB NOW PELAGOS, SHE IS NOT THE ONLY GENOCIDAL DICTATOR THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO JUDGE

Good lord, how did this one slip past their writers? Or did they just not care?
    difference is, the leader of the people she killed is literally right there. if another soul comes to him who did similar things then they will be judged as normal because it's hardly like the mortals who were effected are going to travel to the Shadowlands before the soul arrives there

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Blizzard style: You either die a villain or live long enough to see Blizzard ruin your character.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are saying 10.0 will be world revamp and 11.0 will be weeb focused?
    I mean… I’d honestly be down for another revamp followed by like … an undiscovered Indian themed continent with elephant people(?).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I mean… I’d honestly be down for another revamp followed by like … an undiscovered Indian themed continent with elephant people(?).
    Fuck yeah, that would be great. I loved Radz-at-Han in Endwalker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    My favorite Mass Effect quote!
    Mine too. So many lines from so many great characters, but Javik was on a whole other level.

Turalyon does not have diplomatic skills? Oh? But my dear friend, have you forgotten that Turalyon is the one who rallied and convinced the Seven Kingdoms to become the Alliance of Lordaeron?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Turalyon does not have diplomatic skills? Oh? But my dear friend, have you forgotten that Turalyon is the one who rallied and convinced the Seven Kingdoms to become the Alliance of Lordaeron?
    And he spent 1000 years being a lightsworn zealot. Doubtful that there's a diplomatic skill left in him when he starts perceiving anyone that doesn't embrace the light as EVIL... just like what Yrel has become and she didn't need that long.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2022-03-30 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    And he spent 1000 years being a lightsworn zealot. Doubtful that there's a diplomatic skill left in him when he starts perceiving anyone that doesn't embrace the light as EVIL... just like what Yrel has become and she didn't need that long.
    But that's not what he has become? He's not like Yrel? He had no problem working with Illidan after he destroyed his Goddess in front of his eyes.

He also had to lead an army comprised of races and species from all over the Cosmos, so a certain degree of diplomacy and tact would still be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And then he spent 1000 years mindlessly killing demons. I don't think there was any form of diplomacy with the Legion. Also, I no longer think the ToD novel and Chronicle are canon, as many things from those books have been retconned by later sources. Your Alleria, for example, was drastically changed in Sylvanas novel.

And then he spent 1000 years mindlessly killing demons. I don't think there was any form of diplomacy with the Legion. Also, I no longer think the ToD novel and Chronicle are canon, as many things from those books have been retconned by later sources. Your Alleria, for example, was drastically changed in Sylvanas novel.
    That's alright, I haven't actually read those novels, I just read the summaries on WoWpedia ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If Alleria's character was retconned I'll simply discover it when I read the summary of the Sylvanas novel on wowpedia.

All I know right now on the novel is that Sylvanas stupidly interfered with Alleria's trial (trial to become Ranger-General) and angered their mum, thanks to a Reddit thread made by someone who got the book early.

I mean... I get wanting to play the bad guy but they have to at least balance it enough so that the whole world doesn't decide to curbstomp you for aggroing EVERYONE

Sure Putress had a cool cinematic line but... he didn't really have a PLAN for after he used the blight on everyone at wrathgate and everyone came to kick his teeth in.

This is even addressed in the Old RPG stuff for Forsaken's Shadow cult beliefs, you have to not be so dang evil that everyone decides they want you dead, or in this case, not so dang evil that you don't make sense on the Horde.

But that shouldn't mean we get nonsense like Baine or Calia.

a non-racist Garrosh who was fine using brutal tactics to secure his people's future but not stupid-evil would've been best.
    But you see that is what I was getting at I was hoping for exactly that a True Forsaken/ Undead Faction with all the Races but only undead that is hated by all and able to do their own thing, Imprison the Valkyr and bend them to their will like in Legion, Blight everyone to make more Undead, Assassinate people from both other factions for funzies. Basically a Faction with a Joker esque leader that just wants to watch the world burn. I do agree with the Garrosh had he not been Racist would have easily rallied the True Horde to their side. I was fully on board with Sylvanas March on Darnassus I never figured out why you would bother with Undercity on a Hostile Continent I and why you wouldn't expel the Alliance from Kalimdor basically each faction has its own continent and are able to mind their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    That was at the beginning of BFA though, and he has appeared in a cinematic since.
    So he's already recovered.
    What cinematic did he appear in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    But you see that is what I was getting at I was hoping for exactly that a True Forsaken/ Undead Faction with all the Races but only undead that is hated by all and able to do their own thing, Imprison the Valkyr and bend them to their will like in Legion, Blight everyone to make more Undead, Assassinate people from both other factions for funzies. Basically a Faction with a Joker esque leader that just wants to watch the world burn.
    Never gonna happen. Not mechanically feasible to create a third faction at this point.
    Twas brillig

Never gonna happen. Not mechanically feasible to create a third faction at this point.
    I agree it's unlikely to ever happen, but there's ways to do it. You could have a general "reshuffle" for example where everyone gets to choose what faction to join. Possibly at a certain level, so at low levels you still get to replay the old storylines and then later on you redistribute - effectively what covenants did, but on a larger scale.

It's not something that I would ever expect Blizzard to do, but it's not literally IMPOSSIBLE to pull off if they really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you think that instead of Sylvanas being forced to find souls she condemned to the Maw as penance for her actions that the covenants should do it for her? right...
    No, the idea is to just kill Sylvanas and be done with it. Souls can be rescued by other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, dumb question in general, but now that the Jailor is gone and canonically most of the mawsworn and their commanders are gone, why exactly is the maw such a terrible place to be in again?
    I mean I get it, its ugly and there are a few dangerous creatures maybe still out there, but at this point in time, it should basically be cleared of all threats and organized structures.

There is also no supernatural aura that inflicts pain or madness or dread or whatever into everyone who is in it.

So why is sending Sylvanas there until she rescued all souls considered a fitting punishment at all? At this point surviving in the maw is not worse than questing in Darkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I agree it's unlikely to ever happen, but there's ways to do it. You could have a general "reshuffle" for example where everyone gets to choose what faction to join. Possibly at a certain level, so at low levels you still get to replay the old storylines and then later on you redistribute - effectively what covenants did, but on a larger scale.

It's not something that I would ever expect Blizzard to do, but it's not literally IMPOSSIBLE to pull off if they really wanted to.
    This is exactly what would bring me back to the game for sure next xpac, I don't want more "Artifact Power" BS systems I just want gear to be gear and the best gear to drop from Raids as it should be. Spend the resources on a major faction revamp and add a 3rd or at least allow any race to join either faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Sorry, dumb question in general, but now that the Jailor is gone and canonically most of the mawsworn and their commanders are gone, why exactly is the maw such a terrible place to be in again?
    I mean I get it, its ugly and there are a few dangerous creatures maybe still out there, but at this point in time, it should basically be cleared of all threats and organized structures.
    The Bald Man's infrastructure and his torture robots are still there on autopilot. He didn't take any meaningul amount with him to Zereth Mortis, what with not really being necessary, with the entire 9.1 post-quest bit being based around still fighting them.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

You know what the most glaring issue here is?

We still don't know what big threat made him decide to go and try to conquer all of reality in the first place.

I mean we know it's probably "THE SEVENTH FORCE" but... how/why did that bother Zovaal so much that he'd try to destroy everything?
    Twas brillig