Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Goblin shamans..actully makes sense, if you look at the lore of shamans, they ask the elmental for a favor i.e a it's more or less a transaction, something goblins are supposed to very good at(well scaming people out of money while providing subpar mechanical things)
    I think his argument is that all Goblins are supposed to be greedy moneygrubbers with no care in the world, but Light forbid one or two break the stereotype and pursue more peaceful endeavors.

its time to get new material.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

...Orc Priests. (Not Mag'har, I mean regular orc priests)

That is the one class restriction that needs to remain. If it becomes a thing, then that is the final nail in the coffin of WoW's lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Goblin paladins...omg no.
    Yea I want to see a goblin paladin and a tauren priest getting married on some RPG realm.

Hmm, no I dont.

Edit: in regards to OP, yea I agree. The class feeling is gone, so is faction feeling and racials is a thing of the past.
    So as it is all streamlined now I dont see any reason not to remove limitations. If this is the road WoW is heading removing the restrictions just make sense.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2022-04-02 at 10:42 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prenderghast View Post
    Caring about the lore is actually what makes me support the removal of most race/class restrictions: because in-game races and cultures *have* evolved, and the story has developed over the course of expansions and extended universe entries. Lore can't stay stagnant in a game that's constantly being updated. That being said, I think you can (generally) keep the thematic base of each race while acknowledging that they are also expanding their horizons.
    That's an argument for getting rid of factions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe with the exception of demon hunters, because I'm not sure the Illidari would be training other races post-Legion. I would argue that it's more contrary to lore to maintain restrictions than to erase (most of) them.
    It would be pretty easy to just do it the same way they did Death Knights and allied races. Just have a "vague threat" that they are recruiting exceptional candidates for. Even though it turned out to be a pretty good reason to recruit more members it doesn't have to be an expansion or specific threat. It could even be as simple as cleaning up old legion worlds and strong holds with a starter area that portal hops around.

With most class order halls still being around in some fashion it is fairly easy for Blizzard to just use them as a reason why all races can be all playable classes and keep them as a "background" faction on the lore. Lightforged are the only ones that might need a little extra to have classes that go against their racial lore. Though an outcast can easily be a thing like it used to be for Alliance Warlocks and having to "hide" under a tavern/bar. They could also do it similar to Forsaken Priests and the light but just the opposite. A Lightforged could have their entire body feel on fire when doing "evil" things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    I think his argument is that all Goblins are supposed to be greedy moneygrubbers with no care in the world, but Light forbid one or two break the stereotype and pursue more peaceful endeavors.
    Blizzard stated that it isn't against the sterotype in the first Ask Creative Devs series.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Could you please explain the lore behind goblin shamans? Goblins do not seem like a particularly spiritual race, especially one that would care about the elements (as evidenced by the Venture Co.).
    Goblin shaman are an extension of their society's single-minded devotion to making a profit; to a goblin shaman, elementals are potential customers. Goblins do tend to be a bit more forceful in their negotiations than the other shamanic races (especially the tauren) would like, though they are far less forceful than what we've seen from the taunka in Northrend. (Unless the elemental tries to weasel out of its contract. Elementals tend not to have breakable knees, so goblins sometimes have to resort to other methods of control.) As for the goblins' "mechanical" totems, note that these are merely physical manifestations of the small totems they tinker/craft to form a link with the elemental spirits. Instead of lugging around large totems, goblin shaman have a ring (probably the same ring on which they keep their house and motorbike keys) with small totems they've built as conduits for the elemental spirits they do business with.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-03 at 12:17 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    That's just saying there's always an exception to every rule. Which is the whole argument as it is now. And one I don't agree with.

Remove all restrictions!

RPGs are supposed to be about making your own choices, not having them made for you.

please no.... i don't agree with current ones but just a free fore all no. However they are already doing cross-faction play so who knows. poor wow
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    Tauren and Draenei stealthing around with their hoofs makes no sense, mate.
    You have obviously never had a cow sneak up on you.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The lore of the game's already dead. Hell it's not only dead, they changed what 'dead' is and made it a giant mess of shit. Why not at this point.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I hope for the life of me that this never happens.

1. I like the idea that some races can only be some classes. Adds a RP element to an RPG

2. Some race/class combos just sound really weird. Tauren Rogue, Mechagnome Demon Hunter etc

3. If the reason for it is "Lore is fucked anyway" then they'll never do it as they won't want to admit that the lore is shit (which I don't necessarily believe anyway)

Don't get me wrong, I'm keen for them to open up race class restrictions a bit more. Night Elf Paladin or Worgen Paladin seems fine to me. LF Draenei Warlock does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Its not the time to remove class/race restrictions.
    Actually, I would even remove some class/race combos which make 0 sense.
    don't be a hater.

Caring about the lore is actually what makes me support the removal of most race/class restrictions: because in-game races and cultures *have* evolved, and the story has developed over the course of expansions and extended universe entries. Lore can't stay stagnant in a game that's constantly being updated. That being said, I think you can (generally) keep the thematic base of each race while acknowledging that they are also expanding their horizons.
    Beautifully articulated my thoughts, fantastic post. Honestly, i couldnt agree more - nothing in this world, games or IRL, gains anything by ONLY looking back, by sticking to "traditions". The best things in life have adapted, evolved, and not been afraid to try something different, even if it upsets a percentage of the fans. There are some great examples of it going wrong as well, everyone talks about starwars and the matrix 4, for example.

There are some games out there that have done wonders post launch by listening to fans, listening to feedback, and evolving the game - Ghost Recon Wildlands, Warframe, No Mans Sky, and obviously, Final Fantasy. Now to be clear, I have always said openly i am not a fan of the game because of the lore, but when its good, its great. My problem with the lore for the last.......well for quite some time is, nothing has consequences, nothing is 'forever' - they seem VERY afraid to do anything that could possibly upset the apple cart.

For me, gameplay is ALWAYS above lore, and considering the state of the game, i think removing as many of those restrictions as possible will improve the health of the game overall, even if it pisses a few people off. Relaxing faction restrictions is a good start, but they need to go WAY further, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I would like to see them going the FFXIV route and making all classes available on one character some day. This is probably my biggest ask for the expansion.

To do this, race/class restrictions need to be nullified; So I am on board with this topic. Though I do think it'd be quite difficult to pull off, considering how absolutely absurd some combos will be and the damage to lore with certain classes (mainly DH).

Main reason class restrictions stay is it's too much work to create:
    1. New druid forms.
    2. New totems
    3. New paladin mounts.
    4. New DH meta forms and animations.

As you can see these classes are the most restricted by race choice...

Tauren and Draenei 'don't really make sense.' but here we are.. using magic and stuff, casually time traveling. An entire raid can do their job wearing plushy yeti costumes.
    I think it's okay to color outside of the lines a little here..

Aesthetic choices need to be given to players, with both hands. We pay a lot of money to keep participating in this fantasy world, it seems very fair that we should all be allowed the race and class combos we're most happy with, and it all makes sense in the lore at this point.

If humans can be taught to read and use magic, anything is possible. :')

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren rogue i want to see this LOL

They could really stand to push out more totem skins too, non-racial totems and/or let people choose the totems they summon.. I love my dwarf shaman the most but JEEZ I hate his totems. Especially compared to draenei, trolls, kul tiran and vulpera. It's just not fair :')

Druid forms are getting very generic which I think is a good thing... Any druid can now have a raven or moth or bat flight form.. and WORGEN DRUID SHOULD HAVE NEVER been the only ones allowed to use the white class mount form.. I was crushed when I realized nelves dont have it as an option..

What a waste t.t

5+ Year Old Account
    Moreover tauren in rouge sets looks worse than pandaren who already looks like idiot