Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard - Renown 80 Boost Feedback

Blizzard - Renown 80 Boost Feedback
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Greetings!

We do feel it is important that players returning to the game after a lengthy break, or players that switch to a new character, are able to participate in relevant activities in a reasonable amount of time. This did become more challenging as the expansion progressed so The Broker Mark of Distinction was introduced to jump players to Renown 40. This provided a catch-up for Renown without supplementing a character’s progression, similar to gear rewards from quests in new zones.

As we continued to monitor discussions, we’ve seen how one of the most important steps to reach is Renown 60 as that is when all traits are unlocked for all three Soulbinds (from there it is mainly the enhancements that are unlocked). We feel that being able to more easily reach that level of Renown will create a balance between contributing to the most current content and having room for growth on an individual character. Additionally, we want the path to Renown 80 to have a bit more clarity, especially for characters that have already completed the Covenant campaign questlines.

To help achieve this, we plan to make the following changes in 9.2.5:
    • The Broker Mark of Distinction will increase the Renown of your currently active Covenant to 60, up from 40
    • Renown catch-up is accelerated through Renown 60, up from 48
    • These activities will now have a 100% chance to reward 1 Renown upon completion:
    • Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons
    • Torghast Layers 9-16
    • Defeating a Shadowlands raid boss encounter
    • Winning a Rated Battleground

Thank you for your feedback!

10+ Year Old Account
    • Making all the above as BOA as possible as to not forcing you to do all this over and over again in the off chance you'd like to play an alt???

Ppl that care are already at 80 renown with every covenant on every char they intend to play on. People that this renown boost would help have already quit the game and are looking at other pastures.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Ppl that care are already at 80 renown with every covenant on every char they intend to play on. People that this renown boost would help have already quit the game and are looking at other pastures.
    They announce the expansion in 2 weeks. They surely expect a bunch of people to resub afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They announce the expansion in 2 weeks. They surely expect a bunch of people to resub afterward.
    Agreed. I'm one of the former players that are being targeted for this and it will get me resub. The thought of grinding it out earlier kept me away, so I like this.
    As others have said extraterrestrial life is almost certain given the size of the universe. Are they anal probing rednecks? Probably not.

They just need those engage metrics so first they gave BoA Renown 40 item. Now they will give 60 and in few months they will give 80.

for a new player, many of the items would require a carry/boost, official thru blizzard token RMT or unofficial RMT

Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons , lack of experience/mythic+ score will keep new players out like gear score did in WOTLK
    Torghast Layers 9-16 to get to the gear level to do this is not good, this is another boost RMT goldmine
    Winning a Rated Battleground new player, even a player idle since start of SL, no chance, another boost RMT goldmine

would like to see a blizzard dev record and anonymously play a fresh boosted 60, no help, at all, on a for NEW PLAYERS suggested realm. then agree with the crap they are shoveling

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    for a new player, many of the items would require a carry/boost, official thru blizzard token RMT or unofficial RMT

Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons , lack of experience/mythic+ score will keep new players out like gear score did in WOTLK
    Torghast Layers 9-16 to get to the gear level to do this is not good, this is another boost RMT goldmine
    Winning a Rated Battleground new player, even a player idle since start of SL, no chance, another boost RMT goldmine

would like to see a blizzard dev record and anonymously play a fresh boosted 60, no help, at all, on a for NEW PLAYERS suggested realm. then agree with the crap they are shoveling
    You can just run your own M+, and Torghast Layer 9 is trivial with the 220 gear you receive from the ZM Campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

15+ Year Old Account

In what world would someone need a RMT boost for Torghast layer 9??

To little to late to be honest. They carried a terrible system for an entire expansion making a token effort isnt enough.

I quit 2 weeks after launch, right after I dinged 60. I have 0 renown on my main and crap gear and 11 alts who don't even have the ilvl to queue for a SL dungeon lol

I have no desire to either do the leveling campaign again, or to go through the post launch story.

Might just need to wait awhile longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    To little to late to be honest. They carried a terrible system for an entire expansion making a token effort isnt enough.
    Not late in the least. People are still clamoring it should be 80 which it shouldn't. Just because YOU think it would be ok doesn't mean it should have been X way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I quit 2 weeks after launch, right after I dinged 60. I have 0 renown on my main and crap gear and 11 alts who don't even have the ilvl to queue for a SL dungeon lol

I have no desire to either do the leveling campaign again, or to go through the post launch story.

And yet here you are..... for someone with so little invested you sure have so much invested.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post

You don't need to do the leveling campaign again if you've already done it once (which I assume you have as you have a 60 char). You can do Threads of Fate. They literally throw renown at you.

I just rejoined at 9.2, and had an alt still level 58, from a year ago.

DING'd level 60 fast, was at like Renown 11, and literally got to Renown 50 in no time, barely trying, then to 80 a few days later playing casually, and finishing my campaign 9/9. This character is still an alt, right now is i237

Do your own m+ you can literally run a m+1 with this and ger renown.

Layer 9 is trivial I perfected them on my shanan when they were 210ilvl.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

You’d have to be remarkably bad at the game to need to RMT for renown it was annoying but easy to do in 9.1.5 and it’s even easier with 9.2
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    new player to WOW a fresh 60 boost with no main

you maybe? as i have alts, we can feed them insta gear up tokens, layer 9 is no issue

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    System is fine. Literally never botheres anyone I know. Only people it botheres are the crybabies.

- - - Updated - - -

new player to WOW a fresh 60 boost with no main

you maybe? as i have alts, we can feed them insta gear up tokens, layer 9 is no issue
    You can literally do it right away. Did it easily on my fresh 60 shaman at 210ilvl.

Did it on my 208 frost mage too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Or LFR which is a raid encounter too, with no barrier to entry save the cognitive ability to press 3 buttons.

As well, the Zereth Mortis campaign bombards you with Renown, to the tune of like 1 per quest often. Starting at 60 you'll be done in a couple hours max.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

"in 9.2.5"

such petty assholes