Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    But what if Ogrezonia is near the Dragon Isles and we need their help in order to establish a foothold on the Isles? Dunno just an idea.
    Lol, first time I hear that location. A reference to Amazons as that island is strictly female Ogres that "kidnap" males to reproduce with? That'd be funny.

Death by snu snu. Wow version.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-06 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sadly, there is a reason the RPG book is not canon.
    Regardless of the rpg book, there are ones in the horde in wow. They just aren't playable. Not to mention moknathal

I doubt it. While there is some lore links between Orges and Dragons, Gronn killing dragons etc. Races tend to fit in narratively into an expansion.

All that being said Blizzard could right lore to explain why the Orges are playable and connect that to dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    To answer that question, I think it will be a new skeleton. The 2 head animation is probably their biggest reason as to why they haven't done Ogres yet. The body is pretty standard which they can get from existing ogres, but playable race need more animations than NPCs so they are probably not happy with just giving players current iteration of NPC Ogres, so I see them completely reworking them which also means they won't be an allied race, but a brand new race since it will be a new skeleton. I think they will add them eventually, but feels like they missed the stops already and they want to get away with doing easy things like allied races which use existing skeletons of races.
    Honestly not too sure what the problem would be.

If we assume they are making new animations for the ogre anyway then 2 headed isnt that much more work then 1 head.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    I doubt it. While there is some lore links between Orges and Dragons, Gronn killing dragons etc. Races tend to fit in narratively into an expansion.

All that being said Blizzard could right lore to explain why the Orges are playable and connect that to dragons.
    Actually, that's not accurate. Goblins and worgens didn't really have anything to do with Cataclysm, and they played a residual role throughout that expansion. I mean, ogres don't have to be related to the themes of the new expansion (even though I believe they should).
    Last edited by Nork; 2022-04-06 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Honestly not too sure what the problem would be.

If we assume they are making new animations for the ogre anyway then 2 headed isnt that much more work then 1 head.
    From what I know, the devs couldn't animate Chromatus who has 5 heads so they just totally abandoned that character long time ago, but they could have the tech to do it now or the skills.

Yes 2 =/= 5 but it's something to note as the most likely reason we haven't seen Ogres yet.

No, play a Tauren and see how many times you are too big for the game and it becomes pretty easy to see why.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    No, play a Tauren and see how many times you are too big for the game and it becomes pretty easy to see why.
    That is the most stupid excuse yet. Then why did we get Highmountain Tauren if they couldn't fit anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovok View Post
    Because it was five minutes of works.
    That is 5 minutes wasted if they can't fit anywhere.

That doesn't make sense whatsoever. Being big doesn't mean the race shouldn't be created. If playing a tauren were a problem in "playable terms", Blizzard would have changed their height at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Ogres were part of Orcs race in Warcraft 2.
    I know, but my statement still stands, the RPG book was made non-canon, all I stated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Regardless of the rpg book, there are ones in the horde in wow. They just aren't playable. Not to mention moknathal
    I know, but my statement still stands, the RPG book was made non-canon, all I stated. I don't disagree with the group of Ogres the Horde has to serve together with the Mok'nathal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If they do, they'd be on the Kul Tiran rig (just like the Maldraxxus greenfolk). I'm in favor of it personally, would be a great addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice to see this. Since they were planned on early stage of WoW development. First time i thinked they were too chubby but we got damn pandaren few years later and still no ogres.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Do you think ogres will be a new playable race in the next expansion? Would they make sense?
    Nope, current writers have no effort in their game, neither have enough knowledge about lore, If they did they would be playable by now, and without the old devs, who could see the potential in "monstrous" races, sadly the ship has sailed.

I don't even think we will get any new race, unless is a half-asset allied race shit, or make more elves

And yes, it would make sense, in lore there still an ogre islands lost in azeroth, and we never saw it, it would make totally sense if they mixed dragon isles with the ogre island, so in there, there was a ogre clan that join the horde, and a vrykul clan than join the alliance.

But alas, too good for blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

never had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    From what I know, the devs couldn't animate Chromatus who has 5 heads so they just totally abandoned that character long time ago, but they could have the tech to do it now or the skills.

Yes 2 =/= 5 but it's something to note as the most likely reason we haven't seen Ogres yet.
    There is much more to cromatus then jsut 5 heads. Is the long necks aswell - and its not that they couldnt do its(ofc they could... like...) its just that the amount of work was too great compared to what they would actually get out of it.

That being said the wow engine is getting quite old, even with its numerous updates. I do not know its limitations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Nope, current writers have no effort in their game, neither have enough knowledge about lore, If they did they would be playable by now, and without the old devs, who could see the potential in "monstrous" races, sadly the ship has sailed.

I don't even think we will get any new race, unless is a half-asset allied race shit, or make more elves

And yes, it would make sense, in lore there still an ogre islands lost in azeroth, and we never saw it, it would make totally sense if they mixed dragon isles with the ogre island, so in there, there was a ogre clan that join the horde, and a vrykul clan than join the alliance.

But alas, too good for blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

never had this problem.
    Yes. Surely the reason we do not have ogres as a playable race is because the writers do not have enough knowledge about the lore.

LOL
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-04-06 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    But what if Ogrezonia is near the Dragon Isles and we need their help in order to establish a foothold on the Isles? Dunno just an idea.
    Ogrezonia is south of Draenor:

It's a continent that would make sense in a Light vs Void expansion as that's the shit that's Draenor going through right now as per the Maghrar Orc quest.

Maybe this expansion rehauls 'future' Draenor lightly developmentally wise and turns the entire place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Apparently there's still a shitload of unfinished assets from that expansion so add Netherstorm and the Zangar sea as well. Then Ogrezonia is still pristine, about to be torn apart by the Light and the Void.

Or maybe Blizzard cancels the entire continent because someone drew a phallic looking lake into it. I don't know.
    Last edited by Iain; 2022-04-06 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Actually, that's not accurate. Goblins and worgens didn't really have anything to do with Cataclysm, and they played a residual role throughout that expansion. I mean, ogres don't have to be related to the themes of the new expansion (even though I believe they should).
    Yes there were?

Both only came to join the Horde and Allaince directly because of the Cataclysm and the faction war. So literally both parts of the Cataclysm plot played a role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post

It's a continent that would make sense in a Light vs Void expansion as that's the shit that's Draenor going through right now as per the Maghrar Orc quest.

Maybe this expansion rehauls 'future' Draenor lightly developmentally wise and turns the entire place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Apparently there's still a shitload of unfinished assets from that expansion so add Netherstorm and the Zangar sea as well. Then Ogrezonia is still pristine, about to be torn apart by the Light and the Void.

Or maybe Blizzard cancels the entire continent because someone drew a phallic looking lake into it. I don't know.
    No it's not.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ogrezonia

Fine, call it something else if you like. That's the ogre continent.

Not quite. Ogrezonia is Azerothian. That continent down there is the ancestral homeland of the Ogres, yes, but Ogrezonia is not their ancestral homeland.

Fine, call it something else if you like. That's the ogre continent.
    Yeah Ogrezonia and the "Orge Continent" are different places.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-04-06 at 01:15 PM.