Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Well, obviously violating someone's free will in an analogue of r-word means nothing when it's Sylvanas that does it and not Sylvanas having it done to her. It's why she never even considered thinking of Arthas less harshly in that cinematic where she monologued to his spirit anyway, even though the Jailer also set him on his path of damnation and succeeded (not to full extent) in corrupting him. Arthas' "legacy ended" and he had "to fade away and be forgotten".

Anduin should have felt even more resentful and disgusted by Sylvanas after she went ahead with the domination plan, but either because Sylvanas' doing the Arthas action doesn't mean anything according to the hypocritical views of the writers or Anduin being the ultimate "Golden Boi" good boy is always understanding and compassionate to the illogical Mary Sue levels that he feels sorry for the poor wee Bluevanas that he finally understands what she went through with her being mind controlled at Arthas' hands (even though she herself did the same thing to him causing him trauma. Logic = What is that?).
    I don't think it is beyond the pale that someone can forgive another, even to extremes; some people can do just that, forgiving even the most heinous of actions. This may not satisfy an individual sense of justice, or even a consensus of one, but it is a totally valid choice. Whether it is appealing or satisfying as a literary choice, well, that is subjective.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Anduin stays behind never to be seen again? Good. He is as guilty as Sylvanas of mass murder- guilty of reckless negligence.

Letting an Alliance capital be burned to the ground and not stir a finger? Anduin brought shame to his fathers legacy, he is not worthy of leading the Alliance.

Shame the writers character assassinated him. He developed into such an interesting and independed character through Cata and MoP, but they had to turn him into a one dimensional selfrighteous and whiny emo just for shits and giggles.
    While it’s arguable that the alliance should have gone further anduin did quite a lot more then just lift a finger in response to the burning. The Sylvanas books gives us a closer look at the events at the gate of org and the alliance (baring night elfs and wolfs) are so devastated from the war that the only forces left are battered and broken with tattered standards and shoddy equipment the absolute dregs of the alliance fighting force.

The blood price anduin would have to put forth to end up as such is absolutely massive.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Well, obviously violating someone's free will in an analogue of r-word means nothing when it's Sylvanas that does it and not Sylvanas having it done to her. It's why she never even considered thinking of Arthas less harshly in that cinematic where she monologued to his spirit anyway, even though the Jailer also set him on his path of damnation and succeeded (not to full extent) in corrupting him. Arthas' "legacy ended" and he had "to fade away and be forgotten".

Anduin should have felt even more resentful and disgusted by Sylvanas after she went ahead with the domination plan, but either because Sylvanas' doing the Arthas action doesn't mean anything according to the hypocritical views of the writers or Anduin being the ultimate "Golden Boi" good boy is always understanding and compassionate to the illogical Mary Sue levels that he feels sorry for the poor wee Bluevanas that he finally understands what she went through with her being mind controlled at Arthas' hands (even though she herself did the same thing to him causing him trauma. Logic = What is that?).
    No one gets to tell anyone else how they SHOULD feel. Personally, I do feel bad some someone who is manipulated into doing or believing terrible things. I can still dislike them, even hate them, but i can also feel sorry for them. The fact that you think his level of compassion is illogical speaks more to your own cynical view of things. You, my friend, I do feel sorry for if you think that that level of compassion and understanding...and forgiveness.. can't or doesn't exist in the world.

There are many Anduin's in the world.. in OUR world. They may not be front and center in leadership positions but they are there. Sadly, there are far more Sylvanas' out there who are manipulated by smooth talking folks who know how to stoke the most easily manipulated feeling... fear and anger.

For your sake.. and the other people who believe Anduin's compassion is too much... I hope you do try to see things from other perspectives and try to understand people.. and remember that we're all human and make mistakes.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-04-11 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says the penance won't be considered over already at the start of the next expansion?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it was Nathanos, her lover boy. Maybe he will keep her busy there so we won’t see her any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SR84 View Post
    No one gets to tell anyone else how they SHOULD feel. Personally, I do feel bad some someone who is manipulated into doing or believing terrible things. I can still dislike them, even hate them, but i can also feel sorry for them. The fact that you think his level of compassion is illogical speaks more to your own cynical view of things. You, my friend, I do feel sorry for if you think that that level of compassion and understanding...and forgiveness.. can't or doesn't exist in the world.

There are many Anduin's in the world.. in OUR world. They may not be front and center in leadership positions but they are there. Sadly, there are far more Sylvanas' out there who are manipulated by smooth talking folks who know how to stoke the most easily manipulated feeling... fear and anger.

For your sake.. and the other people who believe Anduin's compassion is too much... I hope you do try to see things from other perspectives and try to understand people.. and remember that we're all human and make mistakes.
    You're trying to see this as an in-game narrative viewpoint while I'm talking from the writers perspective and their hypocrisy. They did not afford Arthas the same forgiveness when they made Sylvanas judge him after turning his soul into a pathethic soul orb and making it vanish.

You must have heard all the talks about how making Sylvanas forgive or be understanding towards Arthas is completely unforgivable because you're writing a narrative that makes a victim identify with her abuser. Well, I'm saying the same thing here, they made Sylvanas not forgive or be understanding towards Arthas on purpose, while they could have handled that scene very differently by giving Uther and Jaina speaking lines instead, while making Anduin sympathize and be understanding towards his own abuser. It is illogical and hypocritical, and instead of judging a fictional character written by human beings, I judge the human beings who wrote them in the first place. They should take a look at their own moral values and see if they are using double standards or biases.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-04-11 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    While it’s arguable that the alliance should have gone further anduin did quite a lot more then just lift a finger in response to the burning. The Sylvanas books gives us a closer look at the events at the gate of org and the alliance (baring night elfs and wolfs) are so devastated from the war that the only forces left are battered and broken with tattered standards and shoddy equipment the absolute dregs of the alliance fighting force.

The blood price anduin would have to put forth to end up as such is absolutely massive.
    It doesn't matter what happens in a book. What matters is what we see ingame.

We came back fresh from the Broken Isles. We had new allies (Dark Iron Dwarves, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves), the Draenei live next door to Teldrassil, they have a frikkin SPACE SHIP!

But Anduin is like: no sorry Tyrande, I'd rather not come to the defense of Teldrassil and instead let your people fry and attack the Undercity to no end. When you came back from the Teldrassil scenario Anduin called the destruction of Teldrassil "unfortunate" and moved on to something else. What would he do at the Gate of Org when there were the lives of your allies to save in Teldrassil?

It's utterly stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what happens in a book. What matters is what we see ingame.

We came back fresh from the Broken Isles. We had new allies (Dark Iron Dwarves, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves), the Draenei live next door to Teldrassil, they have a frikkin SPACE SHIP!

But Anduin is like: no sorry Tyrande, I'd rather not come to the defense of Teldrassil and instead let your people fry and attack the Undercity to no end. When you came back from the Teldrassil scenario Anduin called the destruction of Teldrassil "unfortunate" and moved on to something else. What would he do at the Gate of Org when there were the lives of your allies to save in Teldrassil?

It's utterly stupid.
    That’s not how the lore works what happened in the books is just as relevant as what happens in game and in many case it’s more relevant then what we see in game.

But ignoring that Anduin sent forces to defence Teldrassil they just didn’t make it there in time just like the night elf army didn’t make it in time.

As far as undercity goes Anduin doesn’t attack it for no reason and the night elfs go directly from the burning to undercity to join them in the assault for revenge.

There was also no one left to save in Teldrassil when they were at the gates of org all the Surviving civillian were well out of the area and the tree was long burned. There were forces fighting in dark shore and you can argue that Anduin should have helped instead of his half baked plan in Zandalar but that’s about as far as his faults to the night elfs go.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    That’s not how the lore works what happened in the books is just as relevant as what happens in game and in many case it’s more relevant then what we see in game.

But ignoring that Anduin sent forces to defence Teldrassil they just didn’t make it there in time just like the night elf army didn’t make it in time.

As far as undercity goes Anduin doesn’t attack it for no reason and the night elfs go directly from the burning to undercity to join them in the assault for revenge.

There was also no one left to save in Teldrassil when they were at the gates of org all the Surviving civillian were well out of the area and the tree was long burned. There were forces fighting in dark shore and you can argue that Anduin should have helped instead of his half baked plan in Zandalar but that’s about as far as his faults to the night elfs go.
    Orly? Can't make it in time, have no mages to make portals, do we, now? Have no Jaina who could do deux ex machina in the Undercity....Also don't have the Vindicaar next door. The devs just wanted to genocide the nelves - just for the sake of it.

This is a PG12/13 game. There should never have been a genocide by player races on a player race to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Orly? Can't make it in time, have no mages to make portals, do we, now? Have no Jaina who could do deux ex machina in the Undercity....Also don't have the Vindicaar next door. The devs just wanted to genocide the nelves - just for the sake of it.

This is a PG12/13 game. There should never have been a genocide by player races on a player race to begin with.
    They had mages, they couldn’t portal over whole army’s, this has been a thing since wrath with even some one like Jaina only being able to do short range ports of a few people at once.so they instead got as many night elfs as they could out with every mage the alliance had available rotating shifts.

They had no Jaina she was doing her own thing and not in contact with any one in the alliance until undercity.

The vindicator had been MIA since legion for what ever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Who says the penance won't be considered over already at the start of the next expansion?
    We all know that Danuser is physically unable to write a story that does not revolve around his Dark Lady. Shadowlands entire story only existed to set up her redemption after the Burning. No way in hell will we go through an expansion without her.

Probably whatever we are fighting in Dragonflight will be leading to someone going:

"Damn if only we knew someone that can shoot arrows AND reanimate corpses! Wait...!"

And then her punishment is ended so that she can save the universe. Tyrande will make an offhand comment and that will be that. Redemption complete, Sylvanas can be a hero again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    We all know that Danuser is physically unable to write a story that does not revolve around his Dark Lady. Shadowlands entire story only existed to set up her redemption after the Burning. No way in hell will we go through an expansion without her.

Probably whatever we are fighting in Dragonflight will be leading to someone going:

"Damn if only we knew someone that can shoot arrows AND reanimate corpses! Wait...!"

And then her punishment is ended so that she can save the universe. Tyrande will make an offhand comment and that will be that. Redemption complete, Sylvanas can be a hero again.
    I don't think it matters anymore. The game is dead. Danuser made sure of that when he busted our balls with his Dark Lady and her shitty story.

Because what better way to recover from being mentally subjugated and forced to do terrible things against your own volition than by subjecting yourself to literal hell to help out with the community service of the person who literally enslaved you in the first place.

God, what a terrible way to end the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Because what better way to recover from being mentally subjugated and forced to do terrible things against your own volition than by subjecting yourself to literal hell to help out with the community service of the person who literally enslaved you in the first place.

God, what a terrible way to end the novel.
    It's all magic. It could easily be true that this is the best for him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I don't think it matters anymore. The game is dead. Danuser made sure of that when he busted our balls with his Dark Lady and her shitty story.
    I still have a bit of hope, but admittedly not much. We need an expansion on the level of Legion after this clusterfuck that was Shadowlands and if they don't deliver it is pretty much over. The amount of bad decisions that have been made for the game are just too much now. I really have no idea how Danuser managed to convince the people in charge that he will be able to create an expansion that doesn't make people quit in droves...