Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    i will spend some ingame gold and get that shit for free
    i aint paying for that

I do think the OP made a mistake by leaving things up to interpretation and you know the most fanatical will just latch onto some loophole gotcha argument if you don't seal off every little hole in your argument, like they did here with this "If you're not gonna pre-order but still buy it, it's still not gonna accomplish anything lmao," thing that is totally taken from thin air.

He should have said "This is a plea for people not to pre-order the game instantly and also to not buy it at all until it looks like a good and polished product."

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    People like this are exactly why I don't take them seriously, they never have anything of substance to say, it's sad really
    People wont give you any substance because you've unironically stated that you want to interrogate pre-orderers, and will only dance around you because you said something that reeks of terminally online behavior that is disconnected with reality.

It aint that deep bro. You posted cringe.

We should make notes of anyone who said he is pre-ordering and forbid them to bitch about the new expansion until a year in since they're clearly supporting the ship first, fix later design

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    We should make notes of anyone who said he is pre-ordering and forbid them to bitch about the new expansion until a year in since they're clearly supporting the ship first, fix later design
    I agree in spirit, but good luck enforcing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am. If you're engaging in toxic behavior then you should be confronted on it - preodering is objectively toxic for the industry. You are willing to reward devs for nothing, so I will tell you that's a bad thing to do, deal with it.
    But, a demand to "interrogate" or have people do what you demand, is toxic as well?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Look like you are since you will blindlessly preorder something of unknown value.
    It is not blind, it is expected to be a good game - for people who pre-order every WoW expansion has been worth it, hence why they do it again.

There's people who don't like the game and won't pre-order, which is fine, but projecting that on the rest of the playerbase is idiotic.

We doing this in Excel or Google Docs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    "I'm letting them sweat by not buying right away altho I will be buying later!!!!"

^ Among the most pathetic lines of reasoning in this modern age of ours. Will I be pre-ordering? Undecided, but I won't claim to have superior moral fiber or superior sense of economics or "sticking it to the man"-attitude for not doing so.
    It is part of a tinfoil belief that not pre-ordering makes the game better vs. pre-ordering somehow ruins the game. In the end, there's not gonna be a winner. If the next expansion becomes great, who do we cheer for? The pre-orders, or the not pre-orders?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    well, now I am pre-ordering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is part of a tinfoil belief that not pre-ordering makes the game better vs. pre-ordering somehow ruins the game. In the end, there's not gonna be a winner. If the next expansion becomes great, who do we cheer for? The pre-orders, or the not pre-orders?
    Its really just reinforcement of whatever the consumer believes in. Realistically, the decision to pre-order or not should be based upon if you are actually going to play the game worth the money or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny. This mantra is what I used to have about people not subscribed.

How can you accuse anyone of being terminally online and them proceed to say "It aint that deep bro. You posted cringe."

Again, I am so glad we are not the same
    Going "no u" doesnt work when you sound unironically mad over people pre-ordering. So yes, we are not the same -- thank god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Its really just reinforcement of whatever the consumer believes in. Realistically, the decision to pre-order or not should be based upon if you are actually going to play the game worth the money or not.
    Well, the complete answer is, yes for someone like me. And in my time playing it, I will still keep sending in feedback and bug reports, for I enjoy the world, and try to fix it, so, pre-order for me, for I believe we - the players - need to be listened to for some issues.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-04-19 at 01:17 PM.

Part of me feels like this "interrogation" thing is somewhat of a misinterpretation.

The fact people are so bothered by what I said proves to me what I already know, preordering is a stupid thing to do, there's no benefit to it; and it's only done by people who are blindly subservient to these corporations for whatever reason - when challenged they get defensive rather than actually point out why I'm wrong, which I invite anyone to do if they think they can

I am unironically so happy I don't think like you people

- - - Updated - - -

I know I don't - which is why it would be silly to buy it now - see how that works?
    Like a few people in this threat allready said: What you think is not fun and bad is not bad for others. If someone is ok with what blizz deliveres why would i not preorder?
    It is like me not eating a Snickers because you don't like chocolate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone can be interrogated for everything, we live in a free society and we all have the right to ask questions - its really weird that people don't agree with that
    And that is part of the toxicity in humankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, the complete answer is, yes for someone like me. And in my time playing it, I will still keep sending in feedback and bug reports, for I enjoy the world, and try to fix it, so, pre-order for me, for I believe we - the players - need to be listened to for some issues.
    You will pre-order because you believe you, the players, need to be listened to?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Part of me feels like this "interrogation" thing is somewhat of a misinterpretation.
    I thought so to, until he double downed and re-affirmed that this was his belief.

These people think I meant I want to waterboard and slap them around for preordering I imagine
    No one thinks that either.

For sure, i also learned my lesson. Not just with BLizzard, but with any gaming company. Never preorder, it's not like the real live version anyway. I had to preorder WoW Wrath of the Lich king cus they sold out EVERY single copy of that game. Now? Nah, it's all digital, u can get as many as you want/have money for.

Not to mention... with the Chinese drama, Warcraft 3 drama, Diablo Drama, Women drama... Paychecks drama... having the literal devil for your boss drama (Kotick ;p) I just can't give them money in advance anymore. I even wonder if it's worthwhile to even support them AT ALL, but you know.. WoW addiction/friends still playing etc. I try to support them as little as possible now.