Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't believe the new race can't be any other class, if I don't want to play evoker I can't play the race at all. It's decisions like these that make me realize Blizz doesn't really know what the fuck they are doing and have no idea what good gameplay actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    I've never seen a more negative reaction to a wow expac, I thought some things looked pretty interesting but so far definitely not enough to make me come back
    It's not a negative reaction of the playerbase, it's MMO champ turning more and more into a cesspit of haters over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Oh look, anecdotal evidence. My experience is the exact opposite since I don't surround myself with complainers and the moment I found WoW unfun I would unsub, simple.

This incessant crying about something you have the complete power to do something about by not playing it is getting old.
    Were not playing. Like I said. Were all just former addicts because the game was fun at one point, and there are no good MMOs on the market that we like.
    So were kind of just stuck here watching the dumpster fire get bigger, and collectively groaning as something that brought us tons of joy turns into boring uninspired dog shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    The talent tree thing, new class and look of the new race were all leaked and mostly bashed for being "fake"
    Good reason to assume fake tbh, they look absolutely awful. Even that talent tree UI looked amateur as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, leakers were much more creative.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked a lot of what I saw. Still probably going to wait a month or so after launch before I consider coming back. In Shadowlands they ignored beta feedback and it was pretty obvious early the expansion would be a shit show.

10+ Year Old Account
    This expac feels like filler (you can be a fan of that, doesn't have to be a bad thing for you relax), but it does feel underwhelming from an onset.

The world is pretty *As usual* tho.

Yawn. Perfect chance to introduce proper player housing and expand access to professions breaking away from the archaic "two primary" model. Definitely lackluster start for 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    they are so early in development that are not even ready for pre-orders.
    They can't do preorders until 9.2.5 drops, because all the preorder goodies are in 9.2.5.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

That was a frustrating reveal. On one hand I can see some genuinely good change (assuming it's executed well) with the dragon riding, the new class, profession revamp, UI revamp, lack of AP grinds that will be meaningless at the end of the expansion, and the talent system. On the other hand, there isn't really anything pulling me back to the game. Yeah, sure, I'll pay one month's sub and check out the game when the pre-patch is live, but there really isn't a reason for me to buy the expansion right now. Guess I'm kinda in the "wait and see" limbo.

- Zones are meh. The dragon seat of power seems cool.
    - Iam not excited for the dragon people because I don't like the dragon form. More interesting are the half-giants or the gnolls in design.
    - The evoker is a sorcerer if you want the parallel with Dungeons and Dragons. In DnD the sorcerers were descendants of dragons, that's why they have magic powers. WoW makes sorcereres=dragon people.
    - Evoker and Dracthyr put together save Blizzard a lot of time in animation. However, I miss we don't have a dragon knight class.
    - No enemy announcement, but if the Dracthyr are experiments...I guess Chromatus may appear.
    - UI changes are good news.
    - New tree talents system...not convinced. We need more information.
    - Dragon riding is cool, but not enough. No new islands/warfront/mage tower/torghast/covenant/class halls? Maybe housing will happen but they are not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Cierah View Post
    Yawn. Perfect chance to introduce proper player housing and expand access to professions breaking away from the archaic "two primary" model. Definitely lackluster start for 10.0.
    PLayer housing is nt needed and good on Blizz for not going there. People can play Sims if they want to play house.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NOt happening. There is no way they are going to have an 18 month content drought regardless of this "season 4"
    Well Shadowlands seasons so far have been 7ish months. This one probably has at least 6 months left being that it's the last new content one. Then season 4 for a year as they try to fix all the things that the new UI and talent trees break in the beta.

I like it. Back to the basics of just making the core gameplay good.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    That was a frustrating reveal. On one hand I can see some genuinely good change (assuming it's executed well) with the dragon riding, the new class, profession revamp, UI revamp, lack of AP grinds that will be meaningless at the end of the expansion, and the talent system. On the other hand, there isn't really anything pulling me back to the game. Yeah, sure, I'll pay one month's sub and check out the game when the pre-patch is live, but there really isn't a reason for me to buy the expansion right now. Guess I'm kinda in the "wait and see" limbo.
    Yes. The things presented were locking good - not overwhelming, but solid good - nevertheless the positive WTF-moment was missing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    A few cool things and rest not good.
    Did not expected much and still disappointed.
    The funniest thing is: they are so early in development that are not even ready for pre-orders.
    They don't announce pre-orders until they announce a release date. Also, they are getting ready to announce alpha so no, they are not early in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Best thing is that NOBODY is going to play that Dragon class. People get hyped how cool it looks and it will be the same as with monk, demon hunter. Least played classes.

Also that Dragonflying thingy will get old after like 2 days.

I’m shocked how ppl still don’t learn from the past.
    Wrong, EVERYBODY is going to have a Dracthyr. Whether they become a big part of the character base over time is another thing. The flying looks great. At least there won't be a period when we can't fly at all. I'm kind of expecting the Dragon mount to be restricted to the new zones.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    This was so underwhelming...

Except the talent trees, it seems really boring and bland.

Even the cinematic wasn't great for f* sake !

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    it's MMO champ turning more and more into a cesspit of haters over the years.
    It hasn't changed, every expansion is whinged about - people keep asking for stuff, and then whinging when they get it.

I mean - before Shadowlands people wanted meaningful choices, then Shadowlands gave meaningful choices and people whinged about meaningful choices until they removed them.

Same here - people whinged about flying, no new class/race - we get them and people whinge about them.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Art team has obviously lost some talent.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam