Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not either or. And Blizzard's solution strikes a better balance than yours does.
    Its exactly either or. having 50% chance to get a dud is not striking "better balance", its just giving me old shit or dead key if i would really CBA to go for more weekly bingo lottery tickets.

Thats the problem with blizz devs and some people here, critical lack of insight. Shadowlands was a dud cause they wanted people to play the game how THEY like it instead of facing reality. And if they keep going with that idiotic handhelding ideas even more people will drop DF.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Its exactly either or. having 50% chance to get a dud is not striking "better balance", its just giving me old shit or dead key if i would really CBA to go for more weekly bingo lottery tickets.
    Compared to an 80%+ chance? Sure as hell is.

Compared to an 80%+ chance? Sure as hell is.
    Math isn't your strong suit i guess. Compared to 33% chance if any.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Math isn't your strong suit i guess. Compared to 33% chance if any.
    You're the one adding more duds to the equation. That raises the chance, not lower it.

You're the one adding more duds to the equation. That raises the chance, not lower it.
    Also increasing the overall pool which makes them less common to occur which extremely increases longevity as time goes on. At 40 dungeons you will pretty much never complain, at least vast majority of players that do 1-4 M+ per week.

With current system pretty much everyone will have LOTS of repetition every season, with my system you will statistically get same dungeon once per 10-40 weeks, with blizzard system you will get same dungeon once per 2-8 weeks.

And that is what is wrong with it.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Also increasing the overall pool which makes them less common to occur which extremely increases longevity as time goes on. At 40 dungeons you will pretty much never complain, at least vast majority of players that do 1-4 M+ per week.

With current system pretty much everyone will have LOTS of repetition every season, with my system you will statistically get same dungeon once per 10-40 weeks, with blizzard system you will get same dungeon once per 2-8 weeks.

And that is what is wrong with it.
    No, you're just adding more chances for failure. You're not adding more chances for success at anywhere near the same rate. That makes the success chance go down, not up.

No, you're just adding more chances for failure. You're not adding more chances for success at anywhere near the same rate. That makes the success chance go down, not up.
    First of all, it gives you choice as you can sign up for specific key if you don't want to run dungeon you got, regardless if its old or new.
    Second of all, only if you consider all older dungeons as failures. Which isn't the case and will never be.
    With blizzard solution you are pretty much at mercy of what they chose. With my solution you will not only not get same dungeon for a long time but also much broader variety which in long run increases longevity.

I honestly don't know how hard is to understand that simple concept.
    Player agency and choice is always superior to arbitrary shit they serve.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

First of all, it gives you choice as you can sign up for specific key if you don't want to run dungeon you got, regardless if its old or new.
    You can do that with either system. That's not a difference. Also, old or new has nothing to do with whether it is a dud. You're making a nonsense argument there.

With my solution you will not only not get same dungeon for a long time but also much broader variety which in long run increases longevity.
    And increases the chance you won't be able to successfully complete it. To much variety is not helpful, either.
    Player agency and choice is always superior to arbitrary shit they serve.
    No, they aren't. Choice paralysis is a real thing.

You can do that with either system. That's not a difference. Also, old or new has nothing to do with whether it is a dud. You're making a nonsense argument there.
    No, you can't. You have only 4 new dungeons to chose from if you dislike older ones and only 8 in entire pool if you do lots of dungeons per season, both of these cases, blizzard system is trash.

And increases the chance you won't be able to successfully complete it. To much variety is not helpful, either.
    With that logic, ideal solution is just one dungeon forever. That is ultimately non-argument as you either prepare for dungeon or not.

No, they aren't. Choice paralysis is a real thing.
    We have that in current best mmo, no, its not a problem. You are trying to use buzzwords that ultimately are complete nonsense.

You pick the dungeon you feel like doing and sign up for key, simple as that.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    But I've already done those dungeons
    As much of a special boy you are, the game doesn't revolve around you

Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    Such a good question here, because I have run Mythics in the past weekly, and yea, I enjoy the change because seeing the same thing over and over does get very tiring. The rotation is a smart way to alleviate that.
    Yeah, I geniunly think that for those that really enjoy m+, what kind of dungeons they do dont really matter. The new dungeons in each xpac probably get old very fast for them anyway.

Making it like this with a rotation will make it so m+ players atleast gets a change of pace every season.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yeah, I geniunly think that for those that really enjoy m+, what kind of dungeons they do dont really matter. The new dungeons in each xpac probably get old very fast for them anyway.

Making it like this with a rotation will make it so m+ players atleast gets a change of pace every season.
    Bingo! /10char

Did you read what I wrote? Doesn't seem so.
    i did you want the 8 dungeons from DF at launch+ the 4 other 1s ions offering which means you want to do the same 8 dungeons for the entirety of dragon flight which lots dont hence why ion and the crew are mixing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    snip
    ST would be good for m+ and have obvious ties to green dragonflight, GB to red, but i would go with nexus for blue and perhaps something from caverns of time for bronze, although that would be kinda... heavy haneded as a lot have quite a bit of RP... jeez the ride with thrall in durnholde, in m+...
    perhaps one of the twilight would be better, end time seems like interesting candidate

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    This is so messed up. Legion and BFA had 10 new dungeons, SL had 8. Now we only get 4? Anything less than all 8 new dungeons for Season 1 of Mythic+ is unacceptable
    Oh BS. The popularity of M+ and the playstyle it demands are why even having 4 new ones is probably overkill, especially if they are making current M+ a feature of existing dungeons from previous expansions. What does the environment matter if you don't ever get slowed down long enough to look at it or care? Why add the pain points that keep people from wanting to tank them of not having already memorized the optimized route through a new dungeon when they already learned all those others?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    3. I pay for Dragonflight expac. I want to experience its entirety when i buy it.
    we have never EVER played expansion in its entirety when we bought it... or are you not familiar with PATCHES?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Base level is irrelevant. This is about Mythic+ Season 1. And we're only getting 4 this time
    no, we are getting 8, same as in SL
    jeez, 4+4=8, you should learn that by now being "rational" as you claim to be...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    My brain power is depleted
    yeah, no need to tell us, we noticed that at the begining of the thread...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    The obly fact here is that you are the lying clown
    i think him not caring about other people opinions was a fact, quite obvious at that, he wanted echo chamber of "blizzard bad" and he is mad people didnt agree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    This change is stupid, and will ruin m+.
    I would maybe care less if it was in addition to the new DF dungeons, but saying that 4 DF dungeons + 4 old are better than 8 DF dungeons are just insane.
    no it wont... quite the contrary, more variety will make it better, as mentioned about thousadn times in this thread
    how is getting 8d and repeating them for 4 seasons better than getting different dungeons in seasons, especialy since you still get the 8 new dungeons, but 8 old (for s1 and s2, probably more later) ON TOP OF IT...
    its literaly MORE CONTENT just staged/timegated/whatever you call it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    So instead of doing the dungeons for 2 years and moving on, you'll now do them for 20 years.. and you'll do dungeons you did 10 years ago as well. That's not stale..?
    theres over HUNDRED dungeons (before sl) they could have 4 different for every season, and with 2 seasons a year theoy wouldnt "run out" of them in decade...

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Miracles or not people are coming to suck up blizz milkshake it's up to them to keep it
    Here's the thing, though. Why should Blizzard cater to people like @Trenbolone or @TheWorkingTitle, who want it all up front so they can consume the content at once and never log back? It makes no sense; they are here only to gulp the milkshake down, so they are not prospective customers. Most of people like them will buy the expansion anyway, so box sales will be fine (as was already proven by SL box sales). What they do want to do though is to keep interested those people who are here for the long run - and most of those who are here for the long run will tell you that this change is great, overall. The milkshake may be of smaller size, but over time you'll get to try out more different flavours (including some of your favourites from the past).
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-04-22 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Here's the thing, though. Why should Blizzard cater to people like @Trenbolone or @TheWorkingTitle, who want it all up front so they can consume the content at once and never log back? It makes no sense; they are here only to gulp the milkshake down, so they are not prospective customers. Most of people like them will buy the expansion anyway, so box sales will be fine (as was already proven by SL box sales). What they do want to do though is to keep interested those people who are here for the long run - and most of those who are here for the long run will tell you that this change is great, overall. The milkshake may be of smaller size, but over time you'll get to try out more different flavours (including some of your favourites from the past).
    Do you realize how absurd it sounds? You want lower quality product with timegated content so you can pay more to blizzard.

Its amazing how they managed to brainwash people into thinking: Consuming content = bad, doing content fast = even worse.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Do you realize how absurd it sounds? You want lower quality product with timegated content so you can pay more to blizzard.
    Its amazing how they managed to brainwash people into thinking: Consuming content = bad, doing content fast = even worse.
    No, this is false. Anyone who is here for the long run and can count to more than 10 knows that, across the first two seasons, 8 new + 8 redone dungeons is more content than 8 new + 0 redone we had in Shadowlands. It's indisputable. It will mostly bother those who want to devour the whole content on release and never log back, but since they are not prospective customers, I'm not sure why Blizzard should bother too much. As proven so many times, box sales will be fine anyway.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brilliant, and hopefully it remains a secondary thing. M+ is the core of the game now and that is pretty wrong. Raids and PvP should both go before M+.
    M+ is a perfect filler, but it shouldn´t provide people with BIS loot...