Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Asmongold Interview with Ion Hazzikostas

Asmongold Interview with Ion Hazzikostas
    Asmongold is interviewing Ion Hazzikostas about Dragonflight!

• Building new environments and areas not known to World of Warcraft was one of the most exciting things from Shadowlands.
    • Most things will be account-wide in Dragonflight.
    • There might be dragonriding combat eventually in Dragonflight but not at launch.
    • The team is trying to use the Zereth Mortis philosophies and designs of the open world expansion-wide in Dragonflight. This includes things like the Protoform Synthesis system.
    • Long-term there will be more additions to World PvP and battlegrounds.
    • The team wants to explore the battleground system before adding new ones, such as having seasonal rotations.
    • The team doesn't like Stat squishes from an elegance standpoint, but it needs to be done to have meaningful gear progression over time.
    • Removing borrowed power systems will slow the power gain a bit going forward.
    • The team usually gets negative feedback if they have trinkets and gear from previous raids that are still good enough to farm when progressing a new raid.
    • Having items that come from one raid tier previous is ok, but not expansion spanning items.
    • Ion says he wants to bring back Master Loot. There is a lot of things to address through coding and answering questions such as having items drop that are useful to no one currently in the raid.
    • The team wants to improve how to show information in raids without having to rely so much on add-ons.
    • A problem with add-ons now is a lot of them are becoming too computational.
    • The new UI includes a design that is similar to what Weak Auras does, letting you track important abilities for your class or external buffs.
    • The PTR is important for gathering important feedback, but they recognize that it lessens the sense of discovery.
    • They want to find additional ways to preserve exploration and discovery.
    • The team is listening to feedback to see what to do after the end of Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
    • What sword?
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-04-29 at 12:11 AM.

Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.

Imo this is a pretty good sign that maybe possibly they are willing to listen to peoples feedback now. I’m not holding my breath but it’s possible. Maybe that Microsoft deal wasn’t that bad

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.
    Said like someone who's never watched his steams. I used to think the same. But then I found out that he's pretty down to earth guy. Like Preach and Belular.

Ion was all like "I'm a troll so I should definitely interview one of the internet's biggest trolls."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ion was all like "I'm a troll so I should definitely interview one of the internet's biggest trolls."
    I get it, but Asmongold is one of those family member you have, and you never invite them to family events... AND if they randomly show up they have to sit in the other room out of line of sight with their shoes still on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm surprised he got an interview. Not really much against Asmongold he's actually mostly level headed and fun, but his public image was somewhat dragged through the mud by breadtubers and Taleisin. I thought he'd always be labeled "problematic" and just tossed a beta invite once in a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heaven forbid anybody other than blizzards biggest grundle gaurdians get an interview

5+ Year Old Account
    is Ion well? He seems to not be able to relax n sit still..

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Heaven forbid anybody other than blizzards biggest grundle gaurdians get an interview
    I just cringe at debasing yourself enough to interview with someone like Asmongold. Shows at minimum a momentary slip in judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just cringe at debasing yourself enough to interview with someone like Asmongold. Shows at minimum a momentary slip in judgement.
    You realize "Asmongold" is a character he plays right?

He has a complete other channel where he is himself, and he's a completely normal guy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    what sword? modCheck

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    is Ion well? He seems to not be able to relax n sit still..
    He's the next Mark Zuckerberg Robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold has a HUGE following.

We get it. You don't like Asmongold.
    I don't watch his content that much anymore, but he's asking the right questions and behaving professionally.

A lot of the community listens to Asmongold or feels that he represents them as players, so it is important that he gets this oppertunity.

I get it, but Asmongold is one of those family member you have, and you never invite them to family events... AND if they randomly show up they have to sit in the other room out of line of sight with their shoes still on.
    I....this is so incredibly fucking accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Yeah I'm surprised he got an interview. Not really much against Asmongold he's actually mostly level headed and fun, but his public image was somewhat dragged through the mud by breadtubers and Taleisin. I thought he'd always be labeled "problematic" and just tossed a beta invite once in a while.
    He IS problematic, though, and so is a huge portion of his followers. The Asmongold community is notoriously toxic for a reason. Not because people are trying to "tarnish Asmon and his follower's images," but because they actually ARE those things. If he didn't frequently take aggressive views on things he doesn't like and was generally a more pleasant person he might have a better rep and a better behaved following. But his chat only behaves as much as he does, which is not great a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Asmongold has a HUGE following.
    The vast majority of his fanbase are gigantic trolls.

And of course everyone is just talking about Asmongold and not the actual interview.

15+ Year Old Account
    As if ion is any better being in a top position at a company swamped in lawsuits currently and making 2 shitty expansions nobody likes while still having an ego the size of everest