Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    He IS problematic, though, and so is a huge portion of his followers. The Asmongold community is notoriously toxic for a reason. Not because people are trying to "tarnish Asmon and his follower's images," but because they actually ARE those things. If he didn't frequently take aggressive views on things he doesn't like and was generally a more pleasant person he might have a better rep and a better behaved following. But his chat only behaves as much as he does, which is not great a lot of the time.
    Asmongold is also the reason the /spit emote was removed. Because he was telling all his viewers to spam it on anyone they saw on a store mount.

I'm glad they put this on twitch instead of youtube. Every time I click on an Asmongold youtube video my entire feed gets flooded with his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You realize "Asmongold" is a character he plays right?

He has a complete other channel where he is himself, and he's a completely normal guy.
    That's just a youtuber grift for saying dumb stuff in the moment that you don't have to hold yourself to. It's like saying the "nostalgia critic" is a character. The real guy has the exact same personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    And of course everyone is just talking about Asmongold and not the actual interview.
    Because the interview is still happening. People will talk about the contents of the interview/questions/answers when it is done.
    Calm down man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The vast majority of his fanbase are gigantic trolls.
    It doesn't matter.
    Blizz is doing this to promote their new product. Interviews are basically ads. Even if Asmongolds viewerbase is 90% Trolls, there are still people who will be interested.

like him or not, asmongold is a big advocate for changing the game to benefit the more casual player. if you want the game to grow again, it needs to accommodate an audience that cant play 100% of every day.

I'm generally inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to Ion and public-facing devs in general, but gosh is it a bad look to give any time at all to a guy like Asmongold.

He has a complete other channel where he is himself, and he's a completely normal guy.
    The funny thing is you don't realize his second channel is the charade.

Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    I'm generally inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to Ion and public-facing devs in general, but gosh is it a bad look to give any time at all to a guy like Asmongold.
    How is it a bad look? The interview is actually good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    How is it a bad look? The interview is actually good so far.
    asmongold bad. thats why

Surprised Blizzard are talking to him. I was under the impression thier realtionship was pretty strained. Anyway it's good Blizzard are engaging with the community, even potentially more critical parts of said community

Props to blizzard for giving their most popular and vocal detractor an interview

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Asmongold has a HUGE following.
    Your point? Trump had/has a huge following too, and look at how that ended. If you follow a stupid person, doesn't that make you at least as stupid as they are?

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.
    A year ago I would have agreed but that was because I listened to what people spammed on forums and such. I decided to give him a try and I actually think he is a pretty decent guy.

He is a great entertainer and has great ideas. Sure, sometimes some of the stuff isn’t my cup a tea but I generally think he is a good person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    Props to blizzard for giving their most popular and vocal detractor an interview
    He wants the game to the place he used to love. I would say that seems to be the majority of players given how much they are changing.

Perhaps he was right all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    He IS problematic, though, and so is a huge portion of his followers. The Asmongold community is notoriously toxic for a reason. Not because people are trying to "tarnish Asmon and his follower's images," but because they actually ARE those things. If he didn't frequently take aggressive views on things he doesn't like and was generally a more pleasant person he might have a better rep and a better behaved following. But his chat only behaves as much as he does, which is not great a lot of the time.
    Thinking about your answer I realise why Asmon gets the numbers he gets. He feels like a real person with a mix of level-headed takes, real emotions and also mistakes. Meanwhile your answer is just so unsympathetic and clinical. Like you've labeled a group of people "sub-humans" who are not deserving until they repent or disappear.

It’s almost as if the people who have personal opinions about a streamer are actually the slow ones lol.

Blizzard really is just interviewing everyone. I thought they had something against Asmongold

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Asmon and was making fun of giving him interview, but this is GREAT so far. Ion is telling stuff he never did in other interviews, so questions are good and precise.

10+ Year Old Account
    "What Sword?"

Ok Ion, I liked that.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW.. He.. actually did a good interview without acting like shit as he does on his streams.. Kindda amazed.. Not sure if he chose to grow up to do the interview, or Ion accepted the interview with giving him a chance.