Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    I am happy that they are opening up some of the class-race restrictions but I will def. frown upon others.

I dno how others feel but I still don't feel Draenei/Tauren Rogues make sense, as well as stuff like Gnome Demon Hunters. Maybe just me

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    WoW just gets worse. Removing restrictions doesn't make it better. It just means Blizz no longer cares to even make the appearance of fixing the game.
    Do you come into every thread about every topic and simply copy-paste The thing Blizzard just did "means they don't care to even.....etc etc etc." Cause you've used that same quote in a couple other threads. Do you have it saved on a wordpad to so you can alt-C then alt-V it?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    I am happy that they are opening up some of the class-race restrictions but I will def. frown upon others.

I dno how others feel but I still don't feel Draenei/Tauren Rogues make sense, as well as stuff like Gnome Demon Hunters. Maybe just me
    Draenei and tauren rogues could easily just be the brutish enforcer type.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    This. What's with the "Blizzard does anything" "It's the end of the world" posters?
    That’s approximately 85% of mmo-c posters

Taurens have had the ability to stealth through a Hunter talent for literally six years at this point. Kinda eyerolling to be worried about gameplay mechanics not being diegetic at this point.

There are some race/class combos that I'd definitely give the side-eye to, but hey, if I can support Forsaken paladins channeling the Light through themselves despite it causing them agony, I guess I can look the other way for Lightforged warlocks. Maybe draenei that pick warlock get special eredar skintones?

Anyway, the player character is explicitly an exceptional individual, so you should be able to have whatever background/class you want for them and not have to be limited by the stereotypical tropes surrounding their race.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ugh.

/10 chars

15+ Year Old Account
    The game already has had Tauren rogues when Grimtotem attack in Cataclysm. Dreanei have always had stealthy characters as well. Since it is also "magic" that hides characters there really is no reason why it should make less sense then any other rogue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I totally agree.

RIP race culture.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I'm definitely not a fan of removing all restrictions.

Tauren rogues are ridiculous. But so are warrior gnomes so :shrug:

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The game already has had Tauren rogues when Grimtotem attack in Cataclysm. Dreanei have always had stealthy characters as well. Since it is also "magic" that hides characters there really is no reason why it should make less sense then any other rogue.
    While you can circumvent the argument with "but magic" that still doesn't help making it feel less strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let all races be both factions also. Move from faction war into criminal/karma system. Faction war has been ruined already anyway and blizz is way too slow making changes to keep the balance on the faction numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    While you can circumvent the argument with "but magic" that still doesn't help making it feel less strange.
    Sure but is that feeling being equally applied to everything in the game? I don't see how fighting Deathwing is stranger then a bulky hoofed humanoid sneaking around with the help of magic.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Sure but is that feeling being equally applied to everything in the game? I don't see how fighting Deathwing is stranger then a bulky hoofed humanoid sneaking around with the help of magic.
    A swashbuckler who uses agility and guile to stand toe-to-toe with enemies. Is a Wow Rogue as well. But Meh. I just want to be a Human Druid and Shaman.

3+ Year Old Account
    My point wasn't about whether it is possible or not, but about how it feels/would look like for others seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    A swashbuckler who uses agility and guile to stand toe-to-toe with enemies. Is a Wow Rogue as well. But Meh. I just want to be a Human Druid and Shaman.
    I actually don't have an issue with the swashbuckler type for Taurens. I think that's a perfectly fine style. Alas that is but one out of three specs for the class, and the other two focusing more heavily on the "sneaky sneak".

It's great to hear we'll get all race/class combos in time but I know that Druid and Demon hunter are going to be dead last. Which is a shame I really want to see what a Human Druid would shapeshift into. You'd think it be some kind of Lion based thing since Stormwind symbolism?

15+ Year Old Account
    My point wasn't about whether it is possible or not, but about how it feels/would look like for others seeing it.
    Right. Again though is that being applied to everything in the game or just Tauren Rogues and a few other things. Fish as a weapon have been around since Vanilla and isn't that silly to defeat an Old God with? It always seems like people get hung up one specific things while ignoring the same type of things with other aspects of the game.

3+ Year Old Account
    Right. Again though is that being applied to everything in the game or just Tauren Rogues and a few other things. Fish as a weapon have been around since Vanilla and isn't that silly to defeat an Old God with? It always seems like people get hung up one specific things while ignoring the same type of things with other aspects of the game.
    With that argument you could just say no rules should be adhered for anything in the game, ever. To hell with everything.

Why are we even restricted to walking? What's up with that actually? Let's just remove gravity as a physical law in the game. We have magic after all.

There needs to be limitations in order for the game to feel more grounded and believable.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-04-30 at 09:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    With that argument you could just say no rules should be adhered for anything in the game, ever. To hell with everything. Why are we even restricted to walking? What's up with that actually? Let's just remove gravity as a physical law in the game. We have magic after all. There needs to be limitations in order for the game to feel more grounded and believable.
    You aren't restricted to walking because you can toggle walk and run. But lets ignore you going to extremes just to defend a silly notion about a race not being able to sneak around because you find it strange rather then using any sort of logic. There is nothing unbelievable about a Tauren sneaking around. You don't find a Tauren hunter to be strange right? What is an important skill for a hunter? Stealth.

Not to mention I don't see you complaining about druids being able to turn into animals and fly away in one of their forms. Wouldn't they weight the same this making a Tauren unable to fly? Like I said you keep show casing how rules of "strange" or "ground and believable" are subjectively applied to the stuff that happens in WoW. There is no rhyme or reason to it but it is 100% based on what the individual tastes are.

3+ Year Old Account
    You aren't restricted to walking because you can toggle walk and run. But lets ignore you going to extremes just to defend a silly notion about a race not being able to sneak around because you find it strange rather then using any sort of logic. There is nothing unbelievable about a Tauren sneaking around. You don't find a Tauren hunter to be strange right? What is an important skill for a hunter? Stealth.

Not to mention I don't see you complaining about druids being able to turn into animals and fly away in one of their forms. Wouldn't they weight the same this making a Tauren unable to fly? Like I said you keep show casing how rules of "strange" or "ground and believable" are subjectively applied to the stuff that happens in WoW. There is no rhyme or reason to it but it is 100% based on what the individual tastes are.
    I'm defending my "notion" because I stated my opinion. You're the one that chose to walk in and question it. You stating that it is 100% based on what the individual tastes also circles back perfectly to the fact that this was my own opinion to begin with.