Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I want them to open WoW up to custom player content, it is the cornerstone of basically every other Blizzard game.

Custom scenarios, custom dungeons and raids, custom battlegrounds, custom zones, all taking advantage of 3D assets and game mechanics already in-game. With even a watered down, simple scripting system the community would come up with some spectacular shit. In some way it is taking the best part of private servers and adding them legitimately into WoW.

Of course players want to use this system to create a custom house in Nagrand. Even better if you want your house to be guarded by raid bosses and patrolled by elite mobs for visitors to encounter. The possibilities would be endless.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    this sounds like a good idea but ALOT of s̶o̶l̶o̶ players will complain that it's too hard/too easy because t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ k̶i̶n̶d̶ o̶f̶ players never shut up lol
    This is a bit more accurate and a lot less inflammatory towards a specific group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Return of REAL world pvp. They been neglecting WPvP since Cataclysm now?
    World pvp has always been neglected, and has always been something done by the community. The reason world pvp is dead is because the community for it is a minority, nearly dead, itself.

World pvp is, today, inconvenient. Thus most people don't want it.
    Hi

It's also underdeveloped. There's so much that Blizzard can do here. Like blending world pvp with competitive PVE. Allowing covenants to stake out territories through world quests and areas where players can attack those belonging to different covenants. The aggregate results taken over a week or even just several days could sway the entire setting of a particular zone, granting extra content to the dominant covenant.

World PVP can be so much more than just players ganking other players at inopportune moments. Blizzard just needs to align the incentives better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Introducing a race that, at launch, is basically a class because of all the restrictions is BEYOND idiotic. BfA and Shadowlands were trash and this is what we get going forward? Also, Danuser has already shit out more egregious retconning when it comes to the lore surrounding Dragonflight.

So what do I want? I want them to add things that are meaningful. If it's a class, make it available to pretty much every race. If it's a race, give them more grounded and consistent lore and no more fucking furry races. I want them to be more consistent with the lore instead of changing everything every single fucking expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Except they're right. Whining that flying destroys the game is nothing but people trying to control how other people play the game. If someone doesn't like flying, then they can use ground mounts. But instead they whine about how OTHER people are playing the game.
    They’re actually wrong. Flying wasn’t as accessible as it is today (gold didn’t come easy, riding level speeds were slower) and endgame content was regularly designed with flight in mind (i.e Terokkar, Bladespire, Storm Peaks, Icecrown). Lucky for us DF is revisiting that.

I want to be able to log in on my main and almost always be able to do some content that makes my character more powerful.
    Legion did this best with Artifact power, but the problem there was that the system gets replaced the next expansion.

Obviously they can't always let us become more powerful, but right now I can log in for raid night, do 8 M+ and be done for the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want less chores, less temporary power grinds, less collectibles and easier raids.

Less is more, this game is too grindy and time consuming.

1)Good raid.
    2)Active class balancing as we see now.
    3)Story that makes sense.

Whatever people puts after this - is for me optional. I only play the game for these reasons. I could play Sims if I wanted housing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I just want less chores, less temporary power grinds, less collectibles and easier raids.

Less is more, this game is too grindy and time consuming.
    They did cut off the mission table and there is no powersystem. Can only imagine WQs/dailies and min/max of the talentsystem(classes/specs will become much more in focus). So I guess that's a good start?
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-05-03 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    1)Good raid.
    2)Active class balancing as we see now.
    3)Story that makes sense.

Whatever people puts after this - is for me optional. I only play the game for these reasons. I could play Sims if I wanted housing.

- - - Updated - - -

They did cut off the mission table and there is no powersystem. Can only imagine WQs/dailies and min/max of the talentsystem(classes/specs will become much more in focus). So I guess that's a good start?
    That's good, but as a completionist, SL was a nightmare. To have a chance of getting 100% in ATT addons SL section, you basically need to play 10 hours a day and have 20 alts, I am not kidding, it's a complete nightmare, there is so much to farm and grind.

all i want is to have a fun time playing my rogue. thats all i care about.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    YESSSSSSS. All of this, except the last part. I'm excited for dragonriding. Yes to all the rest though
    Oh I'm interested in the system for sure, and this is definitely a huge step up from "uhhhhhh jump through a bunch of hoops and maybe you can get flying in a couple of patches, for a handful of zones."

As someone who does not much care for raiding along with the only goal of clearing the raid on Heroic once and then never raiding again that tier i would like a further expansion of the mythic plus system ( this is why i play the game mind you ). I would like for the creation catalyst to continue going forward to allow those who do not want to raid to get the set bonuses since the classes are balanced around them. I would also like something to always be working towards, everyday you log on you may get alittle bit stronger from playing the game.

I would say less reliance on add-ons would be another important idea they need to be aware about. The game should telegraph everything in a manner that is clear to move to or out of etc without the need of any add-ons, they should be a bonus cosmetic series of things only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staara View Post
    I have been chewing on this question for a bit, reading the back and forth about player housing and the raider vs casual dilemma.

I'm a casual player, but I have been a raider. I have been playing since vanilla and I love the game for the world that has been built and the community, even with all it's faults.

If I were one of the cool kids who had any say in what happens , I would advocate for solo instance/dungeons opportunities. Much like how you can choose difficulty level going into a raid or dungeon, have the ability to choose solo. Sure it would be and should be easier, drops should reflect ilevels needed as a solo player. We should get weekly vaults with cool stuff too. There is so much content I have yet to see because I can't commit to a raid schedule. It would be cool to do some of before it's 3 expansions later.

In my head it would work like everything else, you can run it solo or as a group but only one or the other and you are stuck with that choice through the weekly reset. Sure people will complain, but we are all gonna have difference of opinion. That's being human

As for player housing, well whatever. I don't see myself taking advantage of it if we had it but I am not mad that people want to. To each their own.
    I'd love not only this but world scaling as well. As in the ENTIRE world to max level. If i want to do say Un Goro as a 60(70 cone next expac) why the hell can't it scale?

Also oerhaps they could turn talents into an alternatuve max level leveling. I forget the og name from other games but similar to esos champion points

In no order of importance, they all matter as a whole to me:

- Engaging gameplay, which is good class/combat design, situational utility, different ways to approach a challenge (different viable builds), impactful abilities both in terms of usefulness as well as visuals and sound.

- Challenging, entertaining and varied repeatable content.

- Captivating story, relatable characters, epic scenes (scenes like BfA, not like the low budget SL ones and story better than Danuser and/or his team are doing)

- Very wide range of customization, including class/race combinations

- Often content releases (not 1 content patch per year, like the low budget SL ones)
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    They’re actually wrong. Flying wasn’t as accessible as it is today (gold didn’t come easy, riding level speeds were slower) and endgame content was regularly designed with flight in mind (i.e Terokkar, Bladespire, Storm Peaks, Icecrown). Lucky for us DF is revisiting that.
    Hilarious how you literally misunderstood my point. My point is that flying doesn't destroy the game. If they hate it so much, they don't have to use it. Whining super hard so EVERYONE has to play the game the way the vocal minority wants is one of the huge problems with the game currently.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Why stop at housing though? Why not start with the garrison system and create a real base-building game within WoW. It could double as housing and be so much more. I don't think it needs to be 'mandatory' for anyone but done well, it would be engaging enough on its own and the idea fits better with WoW's general thrust in any case. Let people build out a full-size base town if they like. The art assets are already in the game. The basics of the system are already there. Just iterate on that, expand and deepen it so that the 'base' can never really be finished. It's forgotten now that garrisons were at first relatively well received. The problems started when you could pretty quickly "finish" your garrison (that never should happen in any sort of true building game) and do little more with it than what you could do within the first few weeks.
    You forget the subsection of the playerbase that consider anything that doesn't contribute to player power as "not content." That section would look at your system and come right to the forums complaining about "wasting development time on stuff that doesn't matter." Most recent example is Poco.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I only want one thing...

10-man CE content, but since that isn't happening, I would be satisfied with this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You forget the subsection of the playerbase that consider anything that doesn't contribute to player power as "not content." That section would look at your system and come right to the forums complaining about "wasting development time on stuff that doesn't matter." Most recent example is Poco.
    I'm not forgetting it. I'm more optimistic than others that systems that offer different kinds of progression (other than gear power) might not be rejected out of hand if they were truly engaging and could stay so for more than a week or two. I separate forum noise from how people behave in the game. There's no reason to believe that the noisiest, most belligerent community on a forum represents a majority of how people play.

I certainly agree that the development team, especially Mr. Hazzicostas, has very specific ideas about what is and isn't important content and that those ideas do not especially serve the majority of customers. Historically they have spent more time attempting to engineer ways to get people into content they don't want to do than accepting that this doesn't work, has never worked, and never will work. "Oh, hello. To acquire this specific material for your profession you must go into this PVP space or raid" is both annoying and just encourages people to leave.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I'd love not only this but world scaling as well. As in the ENTIRE world to max level. If i want to do say Un Goro as a 60(70 cone next expac) why the hell can't it scale?

Also oerhaps they could turn talents into an alternatuve max level leveling. I forget the og name from other games but similar to esos champion points
    That would be really cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mestalis View Post
    I agree completely, the exploration and main questline are my favorite parts of the game, I can't often find the time to commit to even a PUG raid, so I end up missing out on playing all of the Raid content when it's relevant. I usually just watch it online and then solo it 2-3 xpacs later.
    I feel your pain, I work in healthcare, there's never a good time to commit to anything.

I want better writing. I want compelling, non-predictive narrative with npcs I give a shit about. I want to want to log in and be taken for a ride. I DONT want to log in and go to work. I don't give a shit about gear progression if the story draws me in. I want quests that arent part of the main story but are just as interesting. Wait, I already have that in another game....I guess i dont want anything