Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Honestly can't see that happening. Not as is, anyways. It would basically be Night Elves with red eyes which would be incredibly lame.

I think its more likely they get connected to the Winter Queen somehow. Especially since they blame Elune for their undeath and burning Teldrassil. They'll probably forsake Elune and swear themselves to the Winter Queen or something and get some Night Fae aesthetics to make them unique.
    Yes it would be lame, but it would be easy to do for Blizzard since they already have all the assets/skins for it.

Personally I hope that Night Elfs get an nature ally, like... Ardenweald Satyrs but with Night Elf upper body (sort of a bipedial Azeroth Dryard). But currently we have no base for that at all, we only know that Elune has plans for the Night Elf souls in Ardenweald and that Tyrande gets some thing from the Winter Queen. But nothing has been datamined in regard of a new allied Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Which isnt weird as dark rangers were a recent thing being refered to as darkfallen. The name san'layn is just more known and up until the book were just known as these vampire elves. So people instantly think of those obviously.

Hope this clears it up for you.
    I still wonder what model an Undead elf race would use since there are many different elf races.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I still wonder what model an Undead elf race would use since there are many different elf races.
    I am still not convinced with all of this tho.. Its another elf variant. Idk man.. maybe a few bat ear options?
    What would you like to see?

Because they don't want to let the hype die down?
    The longer you drag it, the milder it gets.
    What hype? Dragonflight hype was mild, to say the least. They needed something BIG with a lasting expressing. What they announced two weeks ago clearly wasn't that.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    You mean like this?
    Yes. That's enough for an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    We didn't see the Nightborne playable models until the BFA pre-patch. Showcasing new playable races before an announcement kind of takes the wind out of announcements, doesn't it? As far as concept art goes... we've been playing it for the last year.
    You do not need playable models to sell them to the crowd.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The problem is... how long are people going to continue waiting? Is it even worth waiting when we already went through Shadowlands and Necromancers missed their big chance if ever? Like, how long do we have to wait till yet another Undead related expansion, considering all the other themes they may want to explore before cycling back to another Undead expansion.

Class Skins would be the most viable option since it doesn't hamper any of their additional content/balancing plans. It's a mostly visual update, and can be incorporated alongside other Class Skins in an ensemble, so it's not just lumping all their eggs in one basket.

I do doubt we will get more classes in the future at any satisfying pace. Class Skins is something easily doable, and should have a fairly low impact on their overall class design and balance for raids. That being said, even with a Class Skin, the potential for a true class is never really ever closed off. They can do both. They have done so many times before where they provide strong customization options, only to make something truly playable after.

- - - Updated - - -

The context of those polls is under the assumption that Blizzard will make a new class, and you simply get to pick what you'd like to see. That's going to be less and less of a guarantee as we move forward, considering how much of an impact on overall balance and design they have issues with. I don't see it opening up to Necromancers and Dark Rangers as new playable classes unless they revamp the entire system back to a simpler, Vanilla-esque way of handing spec design and balance. And I don't see them doing that at all.

Necromancers really have a *very low* chance of becoming an individual playable class. Blizzard has no incentive to do so. And it's not like Evokers where you can claim 'there's a niche, so it's possible!', because you are right that niche does exist but the reason why Evokers exist is also because of the Dracthyr and how they want to tie the new class to the expansion theme. Shadowlands came and went with no Necromancer, so when is the next time Necromancers will make a significant appearance in the story? We're edging towards Shadow vs Light, and I don't see Necromancer fitting into that theme really. For whatever reason, Blizzard seems to double down on requiring a story connection as a reason to have a new class. I don't see the point, but until they relax it I don't see them making them as a new class.

Class skins don't have to abide by lore at all, and could easily be implemented as exactly as you say, a combination of transmog and glyph. All I'm asking for is Blizzard to officially provide it as a permanent option, and as a full package. And it seems that they might be doing this for the Dark Ranger if they make Darkfallen playable and go through with their datamined Hunter questline. But right now, it's still highly speculative what they actually have planned for that.
    Thats what I meant earlier, but ye now we circle back to necromancer being an optional class skin, yes it could work, but lets forget about that for a minute and lets be honest shadowlands was a huge opportunity for classes and archtypes that dabble in death magic. I remember I truly thought the trailer didnt show us all features and maybe, just a slight maybe they would do more with them ala 9.2 or what ever. How naief I was and how obvious it actually was, that nothing was going to happen.

Not going to hold my breath on class skins after evoker for now, its all taking to long like you said, and I am losing interest. The conversation is kinda dead as well imo, it comes down to way to much speculation on what will happen and besides class skins is a forum/ community thing and nothing blizz has ever said makes you think they are thinking the same thing. Evoker is literally the opposite of what people have been asking for imo.

But I do stand with my point that class skins are sort of solution for archtypes who dont have enough meat. But I do have a feeling if that ever happends it might end up feeling hollow, especially if you were waiting for a certain class to show up and end up not being a full on thing.

I mean, I am not going over every single option and wether you think they should be a class or class skin. Its literally pointless. I am for more races and more classes, but the conversation or debate on those is just a little bit to toxic for me. I do agree so much is possible, but I dont see them do any of that anytime soon.

We have to wait and see how 9.2.5 unfold and if the speculation was all true, I am still not convinced tbh, but I would like Darkfallen happen eventually. Just a small part that players were never able to fully play.

I actually think, we are on the same page tbh
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-03 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Specializations? Class skins could be achieved with transmogs & glyphs but also I don't think they've completely closed off the idea of doing a Dark Ranger or Necromancer class for real. With Evoker being another Elemental ranged class, they clearly have no fear of making a class too similar or isoteric. I expect to see less class redesigns & more classes overall in the future.

Playable Nightborne came in 7.3.5, the last minor patch of Legion, just like 9.2.5 is the last minor patch of Shadowlands.

A lot of people are saying "Another Blood elf recolor?" about Darkfallen, which I would agree with if it weren't for:

a.) Blood elves being the most popular race by a huge margin.
    b.) The datamined "hints" involving Dark Rangers & San'layn.
    c.) New Players asking why Sylvanas is this really significant faction leader despite her race being the one that's not playable.
    Ogres are important too, they are a huge part of the story and not playable. and as popular as elfs. bliz just don't wanna do it. they are elf slaves

I really want Ogre...With TWO HEADS!

I am still not convinced with all of this tho.. Its another elf variant. Idk man.. maybe a few bat ear options?
    What would you like to see?
    Nothing. It should be a class.
    As for vampires, we've got Venthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What hype? Dragonflight hype was mild, to say the least. They needed something BIG with a lasting expressing. What they announced two weeks ago clearly wasn't that.
    To those who like the expansion.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. It should be a class.
    As for vampires, we've got Venthyr.

To those who like the expansion.
    Venthyr are cool I would play one in a heartbeat, they have to change their running animation tho.. sadly dont think they will be playable.
    Dark ranger same thing, would play, but sadly dont think will happen either.

Darkfallen seems to be the next best thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by faridle View Post
    I really want Ogre...With TWO HEADS!
    You are in the wrong thread! But yes ogres should be playable.

I've thought for a while that we could get Azeroth-based counterparts to the Covenants, like satyr for Night Fae; Darkfallen would be the Venthyr counterpart and there's any number of corpsey types for the Maldraxxi, but I don't know what we could get instead of the Kyrian. Then again, we might actually get the Kyrian themselves, since they're always popping over to deal with the dead.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

We have to wait and see how 9.2.5 unfold and if the speculation was all true, I am still not convinced tbh, but I would like Darkfallen happen eventually. Just a small part that players were never able to fully play.

I actually think, we are on the same page tbh
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=54943/...-rangers-pupil

This is the one quest that hints strongly at potential Dark Ranger - Hunter connections. Adding what we know of Darkfallen on top of this, it makes it very possible, even as pure speculation goes.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
    The only good endgame boss will be Galakrond. You can say that the opening of the Shadowlands caused him to be resurrected or something like that. Murozond just doesn't seem like an endgame boss at all.

I'm okay with Darkfallen and more elves.
    Not to mention that we literally cannot kill Murozond since we already did that in the End Time dungeon. Galakrond is also much more imposing.

(and before people get the entire point of that dungeon wrong: the location/time was a potential future, but Murozond going to there was really our Murozond because he wanted to stop us)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=54943/...-rangers-pupil

This is the one quest that hints strongly at potential Dark Ranger - Hunter connections. Adding what we know of Darkfallen on top of this, it makes it very possible, even as pure speculation goes.
    I know that one yes, but still not clear how that will play out. I rather wait before we are jumping horses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I've thought for a while that we could get Azeroth-based counterparts to the Covenants, like satyr for Night Fae; Darkfallen would be the Venthyr counterpart and there's any number of corpsey types for the Maldraxxi, but I don't know what we could get instead of the Kyrian. Then again, we might actually get the Kyrian themselves, since they're always popping over to deal with the dead.
    Idk about that, but right now with what we know, it just seems to be about darkfallen for now.

I do think venthyr are cool looking and they are effectively THE vampires for wow, so getting the real deal woulf be cool, but I just dont see it happen.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-03 at 06:34 PM.

Venthyr are cool I would play one in a heartbeat, they have to change their running animation tho.. sadly dont think they will be playable.
    Dark ranger same thing, would play, but sadly dont think will happen either.

Have a little faith, will ya.
    An Undead elf cannot possibly wholly fulfill a Vampire fantasy and a Dark Ranger as well.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have a little faith, will ya.
    An Undead elf cannot possibly wholly fulfill a Vampire fantasy and a Dark Ranger as well.
    I hope you are right.

My sources told me we'll be getting a new race called "furry elves" and a new class called "president".

Quote Originally Posted by AxellSlade View Post
    My sources told me we'll be getting a new race called "furry elves" and a new class called "president".
    Will the new "president" class have orange skin or be old and feeble minded?

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Not that I don't believe you but it's the internet and information is confusing, could you source that for me?
    How about Ion himself during the expansion announcement and deep dive?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    How about Ion himself during the expansion announcement and deep dive?
    https://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.co...de-wow-169303/

TL;DR (or translate,) but the summary...

"Patch 10.0 will arrive a few weeks before the expansion as usual. The new Evoker class will be playable like the Demon Hunter back then, just like the new features in the patch, before they can jump into Dragonflight content and new areas."

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.co...de-wow-169303/

TL;DR (or translate,) but the summary...

"Patch 10.0 will arrive a few weeks before the expansion as usual. The new Evoker class will be playable like the Demon Hunter back then, just like the new features in the patch, before they can jump into Dragonflight content and new areas."
    Dracthyr are not an allied race. Leak said allied race.