Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when Blizzard was that gaming company known for taking an existing genre, put that Blizzard shine on it, and release the best example of that genre ever? Yeah, those days are long gone. It's all "slap whatever IP we have onto whatever is popular" now.

Ahh well. RIP Blizzard Entertainment. Only Activision Blizzard remains now.

another moneygrab, well, hopefully someone will find it interesting, for me I am all for retail wow or starcraft, the rest can go *raspberry*

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's weird that people really have to ask this question.

Blizzard is a company that's made some of the best AAA games in the industry. So it should come as no surprise when the Blizzard fanbase gets disappointed to see them making mobile games.

"Why does it suck?" Because there are a thousand indie mobile game companies that have made these Clash of Clans rip offs. These games are mindless entertainment that are good enough for bored, phone-addicted people to play in between chores or on bathroom breaks. This isn't a high-quality game with great story, new innovations, awesome gameplay; none of that can be expected with a game like this. This is a game that is just released to farm revenue from people who can't help themselves. If that's not clear to you, well you might have that problem.

No one would shit on this game if it was random unknown mobile game developer #4592 that released it. But Blizzard releasing this is disappointing. They can do so much better, and this is what they choose to do. It's pathetic.

This isn't behavior we should encourage from the top developers/publishers out there. Everyone knows that mobile games generate the most revenue, but that doesn't mean they're even comparable to good PC/console games; they're not. They're just meant to stimulate you enough that you choose to play them when you have absolutely nothing else to do but you're too addicted to gaming to help yourself.
    "Brought to you by the same company that made Hearthstone"

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Is anyone else annoyed that this is another "game within the game"? I was really hoping for something canon....
    As a guy who follows the lore of a game who has a major chunk of the story in several audio dramas, a few multiplatform games, and a god damned pachinko machine
    I'm fine with this game not being canon

Can blizzard please stop shitting all over the warcraft franchise

10+ Year Old Account

jk

Hard pass. We don’t have mobile phones, no. We were hoping to get wow mmo on mobile, at least some version of it. But not Clash of Clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Hard pass. We don’t have mobile phones, no. We were hoping to get wow mmo on mobile, at least some version of it.
    So to be clear you were hoping to get World of Warcraft on a mobile phone you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Hard pass. We don’t have mobile phones, no. We were hoping to get wow mmo on mobile, at least some version of it. But not Clash of Clans.
    Who the hell would play WoW mmo on phone if theres a one on PC? Are people really so delusional it's gonna be some MMO mobile game? Games like this one plays alot better on phones and earn alot more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Who the hell would play WoW mmo on phone if theres a one on PC? Are people really so delusional it's gonna be some MMO mobile game? Games like this one plays alot better on phones and earn alot more money.

The game they showed today was irrelevant. Literally anything they showed was going to be "trash" because of the anti blizzard circle jerk.

I don't really care about this game but thats expected. I rarely play any mobile games so clearly im not the target audience for this. But mobile gaming is massive. I would bet money this game is going to be quite popular.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I've changed my mind. I'm gonna need to see more of the gameplay, but right now, I don't have any interest in playing. I was willing to give it a chance but upon looking at things again, I don't think I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    lol

No thanks.

Who is this being made for? Children? Pre-teens? Like... wtf is this nonsense.
    Maybe pre-adults? Or post-pre-teens?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Is anyone else annoyed that this is another "game within the game"? I was really hoping for something canon....
    Why? Why would you want something canon in a mobile game? Aren't books having important lore bad enough already?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Remember when Blizzard was that gaming company known for taking an existing genre, put that Blizzard shine on it, and release the best example of that genre ever? Yeah, those days are long gone. It's all "slap whatever IP we have onto whatever is popular" now.

Ahh well. RIP Blizzard Entertainment. Only Activision Blizzard remains now.
    Look how many flaws you can create - on just 2 sentences:

You know - you don't have to like every movie on Netflix?

And you think that they create a product - just because Joe had a good idea - you don't think they believe in a market?

Activision Blizzard is not even a thing anymore - MS bought them.

Getting some Hearthstone vibes from the trailer, must be the same marketing team.

Even so, I don't think I'll be playing this unless it gets a PC release.

Well after years of waiting and team expansions we finally have the fruit of their labor!

Yeah no thanks.

I don't have a phone, I guess.

Stick this where the sun don't shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I have literally no problems with this; I'd rather they received their funding from mobile games than by milking WoW for everything it has. I never would have played this anyway, no matter how good or bad it was.
    Yep, mobile gaming is just not something I'm interested in. But Blizzard would be foolish not to stick their finger in that pie. I'm sure there will be plenty enough people that enjoy this game that all the wailing on MMOC will amount to the hill of beans it typically does. I'm happy for the people that will enjoy this while not planning to enjoy it, personally.

Weep for the Blizzard that was

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Even so, I don't think I'll be playing this unless it gets a PC release.
    Every mobile game is a pc game since bluestacks exists.