Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Am I the only one who feels like this is just a shop with a minigame attached? Maybe i have misread it, but to me there is next to no game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Black Desert Mobile is a mobile game too.
    Yeah and Black Desert Mobile is supposed to be an actual game and probably has like 10 times the development team.

This is a mobile game you play during your break. A timewaster. There is a reason Clash Royale and games like that are way more popular than Black Desert Mobile lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    its clash royale but warcraft themed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Are there WoW fans who play Clash of Clans? Genuine, non-cynical question. Doesn't feel like these two demographics overlap.

Last time I saw someone playing Clash of Clans was 7 years ago when my younger brother was 12.
    Of course there's overlap. Just as there was overlap between RTS, MOBA, CCG, and MMO fans for previous Warcraft titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    WoW demographics are so diverse that there's literally people who are in any number of different professions, social circles and living various lifestyles. There's no one singular demographic as if every WoW player was some hardcore WC3 player who reached high ranks in PVP. There's so many soccer moms and young kids and old grampas playing WoW that you'd never knew existed.

And fact of the matter is, Arclight Rumble isn't aimed at WoW players. It's clearly not aimed at a WoW audience, just like Hearthstone wasn't a 'WoW game'. They're simply Warcraft games.
    But hearthstone was certainly aimed at the WoW audience, specifically the portion of the wow audience that enjoys WoW and MTG. Almost everyone I know that has played wow has also at least tried Hearthstone.

This clearly is not aimed at wow audiences, rather at that juicy Asian mobile gaming market. It also won't be available in some EU countries with their loot box laws

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yeah and Black Desert Mobile is supposed to be an actual game and probably has like 10 times the development team.

This is a mobile game you play during your break. A timewaster. There is a reason Clash Royale and games like that are way more popular than Black Desert Mobile lmao.
    What? Black Desert Mobile is a.............mobile game.........This is a mobile game backed by one of the biggest companies in entertainment. What on earth are you talking about?

Genre and monetization, game play, accessibility, etc etc etc - THOSE are what dictates player count. For example, a F2P mobile game is far, FAR more likely to have much higher player count than a B2P game.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-04 at 06:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    But hearthstone was certainly aimed at the WoW audience, specifically the portion of the wow audience that enjoys WoW and MTG. Almost everyone I know that has played wow has also at least tried Hearthstone.

This clearly is not aimed at wow audiences, rather at that juicy Asian mobile gaming market. It also won't be available in some EU countries with their loot box laws
    I'll say that there's far more pushback against this mobile game than I ever saw with Hearthstone, but even back then Hearthstone was not completely seen in a good light. And I'll also say that the WoW community is quite the echo chamber when given any reason to complain about something that doesn't appeal to their sensibilities.

Everyone you knew who played WoW might have found something appealing in Hearthstone, but Hearthstone was not made for WoW players. It was made for new audiences completely. Hearthstone has expanded WELL beyond MTG players, considering card games have been accessible since the likes of Yugioh and Pokemon broadening the genre. Just like I can say Heroes of the Storm is not just a WoW or WC3 game, it's a new MOBA that appeals to the MOBA demographic and to new players alike. Warcraft has always been a broader franchise than people give it credit for.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-04 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'll say that there's far more pushback against this mobile game than I ever saw with Hearthstone, but even back then Hearthstone was not completely seen in a good light. And I'll also say that the WoW community is quite the echo chamber when given any reason to complain about something that doesn't appeal to their sensibilities.

Everyone you knew who played WoW might have found something appealing in Hearthstone, but Hearthstone was not made for WoW players. It was made for new audiences completely. Just like I can say Heroes of the Storm is not just a WoW or WC3 game, it's a new MOBA that appeals to the MOBA demographic and to new players alike. Warcraft has always been a broader franchise than people give it credit for.
    I vividly remember Hearthstone being pushed mostly as a TABLET game (could be idiot tinted glasses, but thats what i remember), rather than mobile. Remember, it was a different time when tablets were at their peak and very popular, while now phones can generally do 90% of what they can. I played a LOT of HS in bed on my ipad back in the early days, and fucking LOVED it.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-04 at 06:39 AM.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post

Funny, almost none of the people I knew that played WoW ever tried Hearthstone (even as a longtime MTG player I only tried it briefly). Hell, I still know at least a couple guys who never tried WoW despite being pretty into WC3 back when we were in school.

Unless you have a good way of determining how many of your players are fans of the IP vs fans of the game type, making a game of one genre aimed at an audience of a completely different genre is an absolutely terrible idea. You expect some overlap because people generally play at least a couple different types of games, but your target audience is the already established audience for that game type. For example, if Blizzard were to make a Diablo RTS, their target audience would be more in line with WC3 and SC2 players rather than D3 players.

What? Black Desert Mobile is a.............mobile game.........This is a mobile game backed by one of the biggest companies in entertainment. What on earth are you talking about?

Genre and monetization, game play, accessibility, etc etc etc - THOSE are what dictates player count. For example, a F2P mobile game is far, FAR more likely to have much higher player count than a B2P game.
    Mobile game does not mean mobile game anymore. 2048 is a Mobile game, and Genshin Impact is a mobile game.

Obviously, Genshin Impact is supposed to be an actual game you actually pick up and play and invest some time into, while 2048 is a game you boot up while you are in the waiting room.

10+ Year Old Account
    They massacred my boy one again. Reforged it was not enough for you blizzard ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Mobile game does not mean mobile game anymore. 2048 is a Mobile game, and Genshin Impact is a mobile game.

Obviously, Genshin Impact is supposed to be an actual game you actually pick up and play and invest some time into, while 2048 is a game you boot up while you are in the waiting room.
    Sorry, I didnt realize you are the authority on how and when each game should be played, and how that dictates how the game should look. Thats my mistake. /s

The point I was making is, when someone is disappointed with the quality of the graphics, and someone say "but bro, its totally just a mobile game" that really isnt a good excuse when some fantastic looking games exist on the same platform - and no, im not talking art style, but overall quality. Maybe if it was from some small indie dev (jokes aside) there is some merit in pointing THAT out, but this is Acti-Blizz.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-04 at 07:43 AM.

Sorry, I didnt realize you are the authority on how and when each game should be played, and how that dictates how the game should look. Thats my mistake. /s

The point I was making is, when someone is disappointed with the quality of the graphics, and someone say "but bro, its totally just a mobile game" that really isnt a good excuse when some fantastic looking games exist on the same platform - and no, im not talking art style, but overall quality. Maybe if it was from some small indie dev (jokes aside) there is some merit in pointing THAT out, but this is Acti-Blizz.
    I mean, Clash Royale had 16 Million monthly players in April, so I don't see the problem, exactly. The main problem of this game seems to be that it's just Clash Royale.

Maybe you just have to accept that the game is not for you and just move on. But then again, that's the main problem of this website lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a fine time burner on mobile.

I do like tower defense games on that platform.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    The name is idiotic. Could they not come up with words that made more sense lol.
    It's clearly a marketing name: Warcraft Archlight Rumble -> W.A.R.

Nothing wrong with a bit of mobile fun
    This game is seems to be more aimed at a younger audience.

People had hate for Hearthstone when it was first announced, and they will have hate for the next thing as well because hating on silly things is all the joy they get in their sad little lives.

Unfortunately, I've had the miss fortune of trying/playing a lot of mobile games. And I mean A LOT of them. I can safely say that most mobile games on the market are just clones of pre-existing games with the same bullshit egregious microtransaction/timegating/stamina system practices that are straight up predatory in their implementation and in-game marketing.

12 hours wait time? You can skip with 50 gems! Buy a pack of 100 gems for £4.99
    SPECIAL OFFER! By this character for only £7.99 in the next 4 hours only!
    Oh, you've used up all your stamina after just 3 minutes of playing. Refill now for 100 diamonds! btw it's like £3.99 worth of gems.

Now, to say this, I don't think mobile games are bad. A lot of these types of games I enjoy every so often. How the game plays, its art style, graphics etc are NOT the problems with mobile games. What IS the problem with mobile games are the aforementioned bullshit microtransactions that are completely "balanced" and designed around them, because whales.

So, in conclusion, I will wait to see exactly how terribad the monetization for this game is, and how much of the game is designed around them.

On a side note, if you REALLY wanna know how COMPLETELY predatorial mobile games can be, check out Dragon City Mobile. THAT game has more bullshit than a cowboy ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Funny, almost none of the people I knew that played WoW ever tried Hearthstone (even as a longtime MTG player I only tried it briefly). Hell, I still know at least a couple guys who never tried WoW despite being pretty into WC3 back when we were in school.

Unless you have a good way of determining how many of your players are fans of the IP vs fans of the game type, making a game of one genre aimed at an audience of a completely different genre is an absolutely terrible idea. You expect some overlap because people generally play at least a couple different types of games, but your target audience is the already established audience for that game type. For example, if Blizzard were to make a Diablo RTS, their target audience would be more in line with WC3 and SC2 players rather than D3 players.
    It's far easier to create a nexus between wow players and hearthstone appeal against what they revealed today. I would guess that there is almost no overlap between wow audiences and the mobile game.

This is completely standalone, for completely difference audiences in completely different markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    At least for a Blizzard team this is new ground and doesn't have to fit within the development constraints of an already established game system.
    Then surely you wouldn't hold it against people for expecting a bit more from such a potent mix of talent and creative freedom?

I don't know how they thought this was a good idea on any level. An unreasonably pathetic cash grab and I'm somewhat impressed that they managed to stoop this low.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2022-05-04 at 09:58 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I think it is cringe to melk 12 years old with a shitty cash grab. Problem is they also turn WoW more and more into a cash grab.

Blizzard is simply one of the worst gaming companies when it is about monetization, simply as they engage their own players, customers, to make them even more money (see boosting, see crafting in Dragonflight). Modern slavery of those who look for a fun experience but find addiction. And once they are addicted, they make blizzard more money.
    12 year olds should not have access to a credit card. If you are able to "milk" them of money its a parenting issue.

I'm not saying blizzard is innocent but they arent anywhere near the worst when it comes to milking their customers.

As much as i dislike the shadowlands Legendaries all of the boosting stuff has nothing to do with Blizzard. You can get boosts in any game on the planet.