Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Sorry, I prefer studios like old-school Blizzard that spawned OG Warcraft trilogy, Diablo 2, and vanilla WoW. AFAIK nobody was murdered in Blizzard, nobody was forced to stay hired, no animals died, no land burned. So what's the issue again?
    The issue is that Blizzard not only developed good games but also an unacceptable work atmosphere which led to million dollar lawsuits. Do you actually think treating your employees like shit is necessary to develop good games?

Also this:

So if you don't like being in a company... leave it? Like... write a resignation letter? Not everything is for everyone.
    is just disgusting. How old are you, did you ever work a day in your life?

I hope you are sending those comments through a pigeon, because battery in your laptop/phone, or parts of your computer could very likely use child labor to produce.
    Which I give a shit about, and advocate for companies to change.

Nobody is saying "stop playing games", the analogue here would be me saying "I don't give a shit about child slaves in China, just give me good batteries. America should just go back to slavery, they made good product then."

Your position is unbelievably self-serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post

Your position is unbelievably self-serving.
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm not an activist. I feel sorry for wronged people, but I don't care how does the studio work like, when I'm paying for a game. I expect a good product. I expect them to solve their own problems. I don't need to be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The issue is that Blizzard not only developed good games but also an unacceptable work atmosphere which led to million dollar lawsuits. Do you actually think treating your employees like shit is necessary to develop good games?
    To be fair he said old school blizzard. There's no way Diablo 2 was a unacceptable work atmosphere when they worked on it... Or vanilla WoW, tbc... There way too much passion and effort into those games and they weren't "rockstars". There were no Blizzcons... Alll the stories came later. I'm gonna bet a lot of money that the horrible work atmosphere didn't start til much later and once activision came in and Blizzard became a bigger corporate corupt company with more people... Which pretty much was when their games started going down hill.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm not an activist. I feel sorry for wronged people, but I don't care how does the studio work like, when I'm paying for a game. I expect a good product. I expect them to solve their own problems. I don't need to be involved.
    You absolutely do need to be involved. There absolutely is something wrong with that. You don't have to be an activist to demand improvement from companies you buy products from.

Your statement "I feel sorry for wronged people" is utterly dichotomous with everything else you have said. In fact, you functionally blame those wronged people as the direct cause of your perceived drop in game quality, rather than the perpetrators of those wrongs.

You've said you don't care about how a studio handles its workplace twice - but that isn't true.

You are complaining specifically about a way a studio is handling its workplace right now. You said this should be between worker and workplace - that's exactly what's going on in this news post.

So what is the actual issue you have?

You absolutely do need to be involved. There absolutely is something wrong with that. You don't have to be an activist to demand improvement from companies you buy products from.
    uhh sorry keep social justice fighting for yourself

You are complaining specifically about a way a studio is handling its workplace right now. You said this should be between worker and workplace - that's exactly what's going on in this news post.
    because I see its effects and it results in my games being bad

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    No, I’m just interested only in game generally.
    Fair enough. I'd then recommend passing over articles about things that are not specifically about the game, since you are not the audience for those articles, rather than questioning why things that don't appeal to you exist.

Right.. so you *do* care. You are invested in this, so it doesn't make sense for you to keep saying you don't care. You are just as invested as the "sjw"s you keep lambasting.

edit: You said "I don't need to be involved" - but you are voluntarily involving yourself right now.

Yay blizz... Lets just create dumb positions that have nothing to do with gaming or making good games and give them to power hungry culture warriors who are going to implement a bunch of nonsense.

If you dont want sexual harassment in your work place then get rid of the people who are reported for it multiple times. You dont need to hire some dumb head of culture if you had the balls to remove problems in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    You've said you don't care about how a studio handles its workplace twice - but that isn't true.

So what is the actual issue you have?
    This was posted on the forums to the players as news... That is the opposite of between worker and workplace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    It's Blizzard news, this is a Blizzard fansite.

If it weren't reported, the question would be "Why is MMOC burying this news?", just like with the recent non-reporting of Blizzard's dismal earnings statement.

It's not like anyone was required to read the article after noting that the headline showed them something they were not interested in, so this question of yours seems more like bitching about something you don't like rather than a genuine lack of understanding.
    Ding ding ding ding

As someone else already pointed out, correlation is not causation.

Anyway, I just looked at some of your post history, it's very clear you don't give a shit about how anyone is treated as long as you get what you want so I'm done replying to you.

"Head of Culture" oh so we are using our made-up names. I'm Spiderman.

As someone else already pointed out, correlation is not causation.

Anyway, I just looked at some of your post history, it's very clear you don't give a shit about how anyone is treated as long as you get what you want so I'm done replying to you.
    This is literally a game company. You buy games to play them to entertain yourselves. At least I do and all people I know do.

Do you buy games only to support someone? Do you even play them? Do you even care about their quality? Because, after all, this is a fansite dedicated to one of computer games

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslayer View Post
    "Head of Culture" oh so we are using our made-up names. I'm Spiderman.
    Every name is a made-up name. Language is entirely made up by us. Even for the religious, the first task humanity is set to was to name things.

Do people even think before they try clever little methods of dressing up their bigotry?

This is not really complicated but it gotta be said; Its not your games.

Before you answer; Its not my games either.

Its your choice to play them or not. Beyond that, Blizzard owes you quite literally nothing.

This is literally a game company. You buy games to play them to entertain yourselves. At least I do and all people I know do.

Do you buy games only to support someone? Do you even play them? Do you even care about their quality? Because, after all, this is a fansite dedicated to one of computer games
    Giving a shit about the people who make the video games we enjoy doesn't make you a hypocrite. Demanding video games be made by only a demographic of people who you perceive to be "better" at making games, on the other hand...

I literally pay for them and I want them to be of high quality. Are expectations wrong? Is it entitlement to expect something good?

Demanding video games be made by only a demographic of people who you perceive to be "better" at making games, on the other hand...
    I want the same demographics that created Half-Life, Warcraft 2, Diablo 2, for example. I don't know who is or isn't part of that demographics. I know they made awesome games.

I am capable of holding more than a single idea in my brain at the same time. I want high quality video games and I want the companies making them not to sexually harrass their employees to the point where the state has to get involved in stopping them.