View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Rwanda is one of the safest countries in Africa.
    https://www.hrw.org/world-report/202...aAnU-EALw_wcB#

Not really.

Also, not the safest country in Africa, and not even in the top 10 - https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ries-in-africa

Area you alright, dribbles?

Where Brexit Britain leads, the EU follows. If only they had listened when we were members, still a Brexit benefit is that we have more influence over the EU outside of of it than when we were in it.

COPENHAGEN, April 20 (Reuters) - Denmark is in talks with Rwanda about setting up a new procedure for transferring asylum seekers to the East African nation, mirroring a similar move by Britain announced last week.

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa...rs-2022-04-20/
    Sigh. You can't even keep things straight from one post to the one immediately following it. I guess that's what comes of trying to defend a ludicrous position like Brexit.

So please, explain it to me dribbles. Is this a Brexit benefit? And if it is, please explain how an EU member is currently planning to do it. Bear in mind I haven't read the article, but I suspect what it will say is that a right wing party in Denmark with 3% of the vote in the last election, wants to do the same thing as the Tories are. That's the usual level of misinformation you deal in.

Rwanda is one of the safest countries in Africa.
    Tell you what, get your best Village People cosplay on, and go pay it a visit. Then come back and update us on how safe it is.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So please, explain it to me dribbles. Is this a Brexit benefit? And if it is, please explain how an EU member is currently planning to do it. Bear in mind I haven't read the article, but I suspect what it will say is that a right wing party in Denmark with 3% of the vote in the last election, wants to do the same thing as the Tories are. That's the usual level of misinformation you deal in..
    Unfortunately it seems to be the actual Danish government but it also says they passed this law last year so it's more a case of us copying them coupled with the fact that if they are able to do it how is it a Brexit benefit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Unfortunately it seems to be the actual Danish government but it also says they passed this law last year so it's more a case of us copying them coupled with the fact that if they are able to do it how is it a Brexit benefit?
    It's the benefit of doing something that the EU didn't prevent them from doing, copying laws EU members implemented already, therefore, setting the pretext for EU members to follow giving them absolutely no reason to also exit the EU.

You just don't understand Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. You can't even keep things straight from one post to the one immediately following it. I guess that's what comes of trying to defend a ludicrous position like Brexit.

So please, explain it to me dribbles. Is this a Brexit benefit? And if it is, please explain how an EU member is currently planning to do it. Bear in mind I haven't read the article, but I suspect what it will say is that a right wing party in Denmark with 3% of the vote in the last election, wants to do the same thing as the Tories are. That's the usual level of misinformation you deal in.

Tell you what, get your best Village People cosplay on, and go pay it a visit. Then come back and update us on how safe it is.
    Yes of course it is a Brexit benefit, otherwise why wasn't it adopted by the EU as policy when first proposed by Tony Blairs's Labour government almost 10 years ago? How can left wing led Denmark do it inside the EU currently? The EU commission states officially relocating refugees outside Europe is "not possible" under current EU rules.

We always played by the EU rules set by the commission as members, even if we didn't like them, now of course in another Brexit benefit we don't have to. Perhaps Denmark feel they don't need to either, they are perceived as good EU members after all whereas Britain always had the stigma of being half in half out and a bit wishy washy as a serving EU member.

Britain always had to prove, falsely I would say, it's EU ness when inside with exemplary behaviour until of course the UK people said nah we are not doing that anymore at the referendum.

Brexit has brought a refreshing honesty to the UK, led by our Boris's example, with no need to pretend to be something we are not. Wonderful it is too, now all we need is Beer Starmer to resign and Her Majesty's opposition can elevate themselves to the same high standards as the Tories. Perhaps if Labour got someone a little more Brexity in charge, they might even stand a chance of re-capturing their former pro Brexit red wall seats getting a chance of election.

Imagine that, but I'm guessing you won't want to...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The UK always played by the rules? Really?
    How is that Euro currency working out for you...

Oh wait, your Australian to begin with...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    How can left wing led Denmark do it inside the EU currently? The EU commission states officially [I]relocating refugees outside Europe is "not possible" under current EU rules.
    Because they have an opt-out.

You know, like the ones you had.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Update on how the Rejoin EU campaign is going.

Only 3 days left to petition the UK government to consider re-joining the EU. Circa 60,000,000 UK citizens have the opportunity to demand Boris to do this. Care to guess how many have done so?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/600832

Also Wakefield by-election coming up soon, will RejoinEU field a candidate to become their first MP, or are they fed up of losing their deposit every time they stand. Shortly we will see, can't wait for the results which I am sure will be another ringing endorsement for the beautiful Brexit and all the many benefits it brings.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Update on how the Rejoin EU campaign is going.

Only 3 days left to petition the UK government to consider re-joining the EU. Circa 60,000,000 UK citizens have the opportunity to demand Boris to do this. Care to guess how many have done so?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/600832

Also Wakefield by-election coming up soon, will RejoinEU field a candidate to become their first MP, or are they fed up of losing their deposit every time they stand. Shortly we will see, can't wait for the results which I am sure will be another ringing endorsement for the beautiful Brexit and all the many benefits it brings.
    People not voting for a one issue part isn't exactly proof of that issue holding no interest to people. Though I suppose this has been pointed out many, many, MANY times to you before.

and 99% of people don't give a **** about such polls.

But right now, rejoining shouldn't be on the agenda anyway. Quite frankly, the UK currently does not show the stability in political will needed to join the EU. Learn to live with Brexit first.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    clown.....uneducated Brexiteer.
    No need for tautologies here.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    People not voting for a one issue part isn't exactly proof of that issue holding no interest to people. Though I suppose this has been pointed out many, many, MANY times to you before.

and 99% of people don't give a **** about such polls.

But right now, rejoining shouldn't be on the agenda anyway. Quite frankly, the UK currently does not show the stability in political will needed to join the EU. Learn to live with Brexit first.
    I don't think the EU would even consider a Rejoin bid from the UK in the near future anyway. Yes, the UK is a strong economy, military and cultural power, with a population of 60 or so millions and would strengthen the EU, but would also threaten the unity of union.

It's like have this very good player in the team that get along with no one, and threaten to break the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I don't think the EU would even consider a Rejoin bid from the UK in the near future anyway. Yes, the UK is a strong economy, military and cultural power, with a population of 60 or so millions and would strengthen the EU, but would also threaten the unity of union.

It's like have this very good player in the team that get along with no one, and threaten to break the team.
    I think it would depend on what's happened in the country politically in the meantime. I don't believe the EU has any issue with UK people in general. They've just been faced, for a significant portion of the time we were members, with a governing party with a large chunk of their members that were xenophobes. And whose political actions reflected that.

If we manage to get the Tories out, and move to a grown up political process where some form of PR is in play, then the Tories and their racist ideologies won't ever get near power again. That would make the UK a LOT more attractive as a member. That's a long-term goal, obviously, but it's got to be the approach we aim for if we're ever going to repair the damage this latest lot of Tories have inflicted on us. Never mind the damage that Thatcher and her crew did.

We've got a long way to dig ourselves out of the pit that the Tories have put us in. And yes, I appreciate the irony of that statement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post

It'll be 50 years before that Rejoin question is put to the British people once again, who knows if the EU will even exist at that point.

I think it would depend on what's happened in the country politically in the meantime. I don't believe the EU has any issue with UK people in general. They've just been faced, for a significant portion of the time we were members, with a governing party with a large chunk of their members that were xenophobes. And whose political actions reflected that.

If we manage to get the Tories out, and move to a grown up political process where some form of PR is in play, then the Tories and their racist ideologies won't ever get near power again. That would make the UK a LOT more attractive as a member. That's a long-term goal, obviously, but it's got to be the approach we aim for if we're ever going to repair the damage this latest lot of Tories have inflicted on us. Never mind the damage that Thatcher and her crew did.

We've got a long way to dig ourselves out of the pit that the Tories have put us in. And yes, I appreciate the irony of that statement.
    PR no chance ever, first past the post every time please.

It is because of Maggie that we all can enjoy the beautiful Brexit and its benefits today. Her decisions through mistrust of the EU kept us out of the Euro single currency and enabled us to easily leave. If we had adopted the Euro it would have been much harder, if not impossible, to achieve Brexit and become a sovereign nation once again. I can see why the small number of remainers/rejoiners left despise her, but again as a statue was erected in her honour over this weekend to most of us she is a hero and we simply adore her.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be 50 years before that Rejoin question is put to the British people once again, who knows if the EU will even exist at that point.
    It will, or its successor. Since it's creation in 1957 by the treaty of Rome, there had always been a union or collaboration between European countries. (1957 EEC, 1992 EC, 2007 EU). The union between European countries have continuously expanded and strengthened in the past 65 years. There is no macro indicator that the EU is about to break up.

It feels like you secretly wish the EU to fail and dissolve. That's weird. You're out, fine, why can't you move on? Why do you still wish ill to the EU? Years after brexit, you are still attacking the EU rather than focusing on your country as its own entity. It's like brexit is the main defining trait of the UK, rather than being the UK itself.

Cost of living crisis: Minister says people could 'take on more hours' at work or move to a 'better paid job' to protect themselves from cost of living surge

Cost of living crisis solved thanks to the Conservative government! Who knew you just needed to work even more hours, or simply move to a much better job.

Tell me more about how connected to the reality of the average person the current government is...
    You're struggling due to the unhinged inflation? Stop being poor!

Didn't that gigantic waste of money get egged on day 1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes.

That's also precisely why they put it on a plinth of that length, to make spontaneous vandalism harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took less than 2 hours lol
    Wonder how long before people pelt it with tomatoes.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Wonder how long before people pelt it with tomatoes.
    I never understood throwing tomatoes or eggs at stuff. Chop it up and make me a salad!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well we have our fair share of radicalised crazies with no self restraint just like most nations. Brexit hasn't fixed that unfortunately. Hopefully whoever it was vandalising the statue will feel the full force of the new crime bill which provides for 10 years in jail for criminal damage to a memorial.

There is no aspect of modern British life today that doesn't owe a huge debt of gratitude to Margaret Thatcher.