Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This happened when using Deja Character Stats addon

Can someone explain this ? is this even possible

https://imgur.com/a/cRgsraX

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    is this even possible
    Are those screenies yours? If so, I do not understand the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was put there by the developer, he's an idiot that thinks it's a good idea to put his political and personal views on the addon. Best thing is to not use it.

IIRC the developers of this addon did sth similar as an April fools. Pretty sure this'll be gone in the next addon update.

no, you have to manually disable it in addon setting

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    That was put there by the developer, he's an idiot that thinks it's a good idea to put his political and personal views on the addon. Best thing is to not use it.
    I thought you guys where all in favor of free speech? Whats the problem with a content creator using his first amendment rights?

If you think that them telling you what charities/activism they support is something you absolutely do not want to see, then I agree: stop using their product.

Otherwise enjoy the fact that someone took it upon themselves to give you free stuff, and all they're asking for is that you listen to what they think some good causes are. Doesn't sound like a terrible deal to me, but that's a personal decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I thought you guys where all in favor of free speech? Whats the problem with a content creator using his first amendment rights?
    Why does nobody understand what the first amendment is and why do you assume this person is even from the US?

Free speech doesn't exist in a private setting, like Twitter or a video game.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    If you think that them telling you what charities/activism they support is something you absolutely do not want to see, then I agree: stop using their product.

Otherwise enjoy the fact that someone took it upon themselves to give you free stuff, and all they're asking for is that you listen to what they think some good causes are. Doesn't sound like a terrible deal to me, but that's a personal decision.
    Mate, I'm both an addon dev and a OSS developer for the past 20 years, if you think I should be grateful for this guy to do a shitty piece of code with his political views on it when the setting of said addon has nothing to do with it, you're crazy...

I give you my code for free because I want to, not because I want to advertise my beliefs on top of it, that right there, means it's not for free, it's for advertisement.

Why are you even replying to me? If you don't like it, move on. I was the only one that answered the question made in the thread. And that's the only reason I even commented on it. And yes, if you don't like him doing it, don't use it, which is exactly what I do. I love how you think you're giving me some kind of tip on that. lol bye bye

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly don't know what either of those are or how they work, but good luck.

By the way, pretty sure what he's doing there is against the addon dev policies in the ToS, it's literally advertisement.
    Last edited by m4xc4v413r4; 2022-05-17 at 08:33 PM.

No it's not possible. You're seeing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Imagine being against helping people who've been victims of rape, abuse and incest and thinking this is political...
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

You know what, now I'm gonna use it even harder
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

There's a time and place for this kind of stuff. I'm fully in support of the organizations this developer is helping raise awareness of myself but I also don't think that we should be placing what essentially amounts to advertisement for them into WoW add-ons. It just seems out of place and a bit heavy-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    There's a time and place for this kind of stuff. I'm fully in support of the organizations this developer is helping raise awareness of myself but I also don't think that we should be placing what essentially amounts to advertisement for them into WoW add-ons. It just seems out of place and a bit heavy-handed.
    Exactly this. Not in an addon and not without people approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    Imagine being against helping people who've been victims of rape, abuse and incest and thinking this is political...
    Imagine being so dumb you don't know the difference between being against victims of rape etc and being against publicity where it doesn't belong. Thank you for showing everyone you have a two digit IQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    You know what, now I'm gonna use it even harder
    oh wow, that really affected me. It's almost like anyone can do whatever they want regarding using or not using an addon... aaaaaa I'm so hurt now.

[Moderator Note: it is a 5 year old thread and some recent posts are getting heat, let's close it for now]

[Moderator Note: Thread reopened (previous closed by mistake - thread age)]

I fully support and have donated to many causes he lists and think that screenshot is unfortunate.

The developer implemented it wrong. If you want to push a message to users, pop-up a window upon login. Don't break the core functionality of your addon by littering it with real-world stuff completely unrelated to the videogame.

That said he lets you turn it off, so nothing to get all worked-up about.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-05-19 at 08:47 PM.

Yeah the author added bunch of bullshit into it when the lawsuit started.