Has this game improved at all? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Has this game improved at all? Just curious.
    Yes and no. It's not dramatically different than it was a couple of months ago. Except for the gear farming being more standardized.

There is some nice QOL stuff, nothing I would consider to be particularly amazing or a dramatic improvement. YMMV though. I never had issues with resources, wealth, and the like personally. The QOL stuff lands differently for some players than others.

The basic gameplay is... kinda better? Actions are a little smoother. The animation canceling is more reactive and the weapon skills feel better depending on weapon use. I would still say this combat is "slow" compared to games such as Black Desert, Guild Wars 2, or Lost Ark.

It's been a lot of little improvements. Fix by a thousand tiny band-aids.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-03-29 at 05:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blunderbuss sounds awesome, might reinstall at some point to check that out when it's in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam...ombat_healing/

Apparently out-of-combat health/mana regen is getting a boost. Should be nice to help with downtime between combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    when is 1.5 coming out? march 31?

also barber shop when???
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, its out.

this time climbing seems like its fucked up
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I've been giving this game a shot again recently after having quit shortly after trying it out during launch around level 28. Currently level 48 and it actually seems a lot better. I think I heard exp needed to level was reduced, which I felt like the game desperately needed. Reason I quit the first time was that I ran out of quests for my level and had nothing to do but repeatables in an awful zone. Though coming back with full rested experience helped me get over that hump and I haven't ran out of quests since.

Other random positive notes:
    The combat is so much more engaging compared to something like WoW. Actually think its their biggest strength. Almost makes me remember everything questing in WoW as a total joke where 99% of all mobs just run up and melee you in the exact same way.
    Combat can be an actual challenge, getting hit by the wrong power move can take a quarter of my health off. Actual risks involved.
    After the increased regen, the wait between each mob you pull is small to nothing, making everything more fast paced.
    Inventory can now be viewed while running, which is good. Like I said a long time ago, no idea how that wasn't in beta, let alone launch.
    Also another one-up on WoW is that they didn't follow the outdated design of needing alts. Everything can be done on a single character with respecing.

Some random cons:
    Movement is janky. For example you often come after some small steps that you feel your character should be able to just leap over and continue on their marry way, something important if you are in combat. But sometimes, the small increase in elevation causes your character to stop dead like its a wall until you hit the space bar. Other times your character will jump up automatically, but also coming to a complete stop while the animation plays, which is a huge no no.
    Mobs have a huge aggro range and a huge distance you have to run in order to drop combat with them. Not to mention the respawn rate on mobs are insanely fast. If you clear into a cave, you have to worry about enemies you just recently killed reappearing and attacking you on the way out, even if you are the only player nearby. Pure obnoxious game design.
    Quests very often send you back to the same exact place you just were at. Killing the same exact people. This alone wouldn't be that big of a deal, but leads into my biggest con below.
    I'm pretty sure I've spent half of my playtime just running around from place to place. This could easily be fixed by allowing players to fast travel from anywhere on the map. And the only reason I'm really suggesting this is because you can kinda already do this by unequipping all your gear and sudoku'ing yourself, then respawn wherever you want. If they just added the feature properly, it would remove some of the pointless busy work and get some actually Azoth cost in there. The cost of Azoth to fast travel could even be increased to compensate. I'm already capping on that stuff hard because the cost now is basically nonexistent.

Overall though, I've been having fun leveling these past few days. But I don't see myself sticking around for long after I hit max. Remember hearing some rather bad things about end game gearing, and I doubt things have really been fixed since then. Don't really feel like getting over the learning curve for group content, I just remember the one dungeon the game forced me to run for the main story questline being absolute cancer. Saw that they added a solo option for those not wanting to do the dungeon, something the devs over at FF14 absolutely refuse to learn, and it was actually a lot of fun when I tried it. A decent solo encounter and boss.
    Unless there's some challenging and rewarding content for solo players that is, no idea yet.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2022-04-23 at 06:58 AM.

Recently gave this game another look.

Played from day 1 on launch, got to level 60, got bored of the end game gearing and frustrated with the lack of ease of access.
    I really like the update that allowed us to exchange resources between settlement’s storages without any cost and faction requirements.
    LOVE the ability to open your inventory while running.

The new weapon Blunderbuss is fun, and powerful, very enjoyable.

Extremely excited for the Greatsword and Daggers being added in the future.

Them merging servers is very rewarding as well, the communities are at a good number. They also gave everyone 2 free server moves, so you can move to a higher pop server if you want.

Overall, if you are bored in WoW or w/e mmo you are currently sinking time into, New World is in a good place right now, and is very enjoyable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice, I was unaware they'd given people free server transfers and merged servers etc, but then again I wasn't really keeping tabs on it.

Will probably reinstall and give it another shot then!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, reinstalled but can't get past the first boss, the "Continue" button when the game loads. Clicking it does nothing... good to see the game is fixed
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2022-05-11 at 09:42 PM.

I am giving it a try after seeing a lot of positive feedback and find it pretty fun as a leveling game. No idea if I'll keep playing it at max level or what you do at that point.

Is there even a point in starting now after people still have their insane amounts of duped currency?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Is there even a point in starting now after people still have their insane amounts of duped currency?
    You can still pursue your own goals. The currency inflation was only really relevant to traders and people playing at a relatively high level. If you are just starting out, it doesn't matter too much. People are still playing and trading in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    If you're thinking all the duped gold means the gold you earn will be near useless that was far from the case from me. The prices I've seen for gear in the AH were amazingly reasonable, basically when leveling I could buy gear upgrades for anything under a 100 gold, which is like less than what a quest rewards you. That's basically how I've kept my gear up to date, not relaying on drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If you're thinking all the duped gold means the gold you earn will be near useless that was far from the case from me. The prices I've seen for gear in the AH were amazingly reasonable, basically when leveling I could buy gear upgrades for anything under a 100 gold, which is like less than what a quest rewards you. That's basically how I've kept my gear up to date, not relaying on drops.
    I assume that right now with the game nearly empty and broken for the most part is a good time to playing it casually - i plan to snatch it around if i find it at a discount or something.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730

5000 people playing...

https://steamcharts.com/app/739630

https://steamcharts.com/app/1604030

https://steamcharts.com/app/892970

myea, I think New World pretty much became a dead game after the clusterfuck that was their damage control, support, programming etc etc.

Edit: Numbers all taken as of the writing of this post with "Currently playing". Numbers may vary as time goes on

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730

5000 people playing...

https://steamcharts.com/app/739630

https://steamcharts.com/app/1604030

https://steamcharts.com/app/892970

myea, I think New World pretty much became a dead game after the clusterfuck that was their damage control, support, programming etc etc.

Edit: Numbers all taken as of the writing of this post with "Currently playing". Numbers may vary as time goes on
    A temporary blip that's correcting back to it's more regular numbers at around 12-14K. The game is fine, 12-14K concurrents still places it in the top 5-10 MMO's on Steam, and CCU's =|= active players, active players is many orders of magnitude higher than CCU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A temporary blip that's correcting back to it's more regular numbers at around 12-14K. The game is fine, 12-14K concurrents still places it in the top 5-10 MMO's on Steam, and CCU's =|= active players, active players is many orders of magnitude higher than CCU's.
    on Steam.. myea, seeing as how most big MMO's go outside steam, it's absolutely laughable. But let's entertain that thought for a bit, let's look at big multiplayer MMO style games shall we?

V-Rising -> 68,412
    Warframe -> 36,183
    FFXIV -> 17,351 (which is a fraction of the total playerbase, since getting it through Steam is the most stupid thing you can do)
    Black Desert -> 12,412
    TESO -> 9,379
    New World -> 8,533
    SWTOR -> 3,603
    Runescape -> 2,925
    Trove -> 903

Just grabbed a few random ones. Seeing the numbers New World pulls, with the only release being on steam compared to games like Warframe, FFXIV, TESO being able to be played outside steam as well.. They are not doing "great" or "fine".

Going from 913,027 to 28,373 (peak players) in less than a year is absolutely laughable in a business sense. It might be "fine" for the playerbase, but in the end what matters is the company and profits. Right now they are making a huge loss on the game. Especially since it's a PVP centric game, and what do you need? Players! what don't they have? Players!
    No matter how you spin it, barely having more than 3% of your playerbase is not good, and not fine.

I know the New World defense force likes to claim it's a great game and it's fine at this point. But it's not.
    I fully expect Amazon to shut the game down before the end of the year, especially since there is no cash model around it at all.

Do note, I write this as a person who really really wanted New World to succeed and become a new big name MMO. I loved the beta's, loved it shortly after release, but the developers completely wrecked it.
    Last edited by 8bithamster; 2022-05-27 at 07:17 AM.

What you want is the average over 24 hours, the high/low difference to see how many are active during peak hours, and how many during the night.
    That should give you an indication. in this case about 15k average.
    I wouldn't say that's a super healthy number, but at least the fluctuation shows the number of bots isn't "that bad".

Compare it to Lost ark where, "oddly" nobody goes to sleep it seems.
    https://steamcharts.com/app/1599340
    Bots. All bots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    What you want is the average over 24 hours, the high/low difference to see how many are active during peak hours, and how many during the night.
    That should give you an indication. in this case about 15k average.
    I wouldn't say that's a super healthy number, but at least the fluctuation shows the number of bots isn't "that bad".

Compare it to Lost ark where, "oddly" nobody goes to sleep it seems.
    https://steamcharts.com/app/1599340
    Bots. All bots.
    Yeah no1 is playing lost ark except some whales that are into it to much.
    Rest is the bots probably leeching on them.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.