Poll: Would you like TCG mounts to be sold in Battlenet shop?

Thread: TCG Mounts

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    So... you want to see rare titles like 'Immortal' or any old gladiator as 19.99?
    Okay...
    The poster you quoted literally said "should NOT be put on the cash shop"...

So... you want to see rare titles like 'Immortal' or any old gladiator as 19.99?
    Okay...
    Nice eye roll emoji - but did you actually read what you replied to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Good lord, you're dense... I responded to a post that was about the value of holding these items as investments. You tried to jump into a conversation that is obviously way above your head. A TCG mount that is part of a collection and a TCG mount that is unbound and able to be traded or sold are two different things and valued very differently. You seem unable to wrap your mind around that fact.

If water in your scenario is a commodity that is being sold or traded for currency then it does indeed have monetary value. A more appropriate analogy to you and your collection of mounts would be to have those people DRINK THE WATER FIRST then try to claim it still has value to other people.

Seriously, just drop this. You don't understand these concepts. Just be happy with your mounts and move on.
    I can say the same to you. Look at the thread you are in and read what it's about. I responded to you because you said that these mounts are worthless when they are learned and that is simply not true. And you didn't even understand the water analogy. (It's supposed to be a real world perspective for you). Drop your investment talk no one cares, the mounts in game aswell as the cards are the same. A card has to be used to get the mount. The mount is then learned. It doesn't mean that person spent their money on nothing, they spent it on something they wanted. And someone else will spend that same amount. Again and again until there are no cards left. At that point the ones in game don't become 0 dollars they become priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    I can say the same to you. Look at the thread you are in and read what it's about. I responded to you because you said that these mounts are worthless when they are learned and that is simply not true. And you didn't even understand the water analogy. (It's supposed to be a real world perspective for you). Drop your investment talk no one cares, the mounts in game aswell as the cards are the same. A card has to be used to get the mount. The mount is then learned. It doesn't mean that person spent their money on nothing, they spent it on something they wanted. And someone else will spend that same amount. Again and again until there are no cards left. At that point the ones in game don't become 0 dollars they become priceless.
    Missouri is somewhere in the teens (from the lowest on up) in state rankings for education, right? Really shows here…

If you think something that cannot be sold has the same value as something that can be sold then you’re too mentally deficient for any sort of meaningful discussion.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2022-05-28 at 12:24 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Missouri is somewhere in the teens in state rankings for education, right? Really shows here…

If you think something that cannot be sold has the same value as something that can be sold then you’re too mentally deficient for any sort of meaningful discussion.
    Congratulations you can look at my location and not know where I got my education and attacking the entire state(ps its not missouri).(also you might want to not talk about education, you would regret it)

And no that's not exactly the same argument. This is stuff that is valued in a video game and is still sellable today. People will always value the chicken mount and spec tiger mount as $1000+ you can not say that when it is learned that it becomes worthless. Sure it's unsellable but that doesn't mean it's not $1000+.

But you can go to an investing forum and talk about investing, we are talking about a game called world of warcraft here.
    Last edited by Phob; 2022-05-28 at 01:23 AM.

You are the one bringing monetary value into this. You are the one saying they are worth 0 dollars when they are obviously not. You are the one bringing bitcoin and magic the gathering into the equation. You are the one saying tcg mounts are worthless.

Let's have it your way and bring it to a real world perspective. Let's say water no longer exists except a few people now own that water, they don't wish to sell that water because its literally life. But that water is probably the most valuable thing on the planet at that point, there is no monetary "value" on it anymore but it is the most valuable thing on the planet. And everyone wants it.
    That water has a source and it's Blizzard. If Blizzard decides water will be avaible again, then what will you do? Or what can you possibly do? Or maybe there won't be anybody left so noone will need water. Games don't last forever. Your view is so narrow. There are I bonds in Us which gives %9.62 average return, gold got %8 average return in Us dollars according to goldprice.org(2007-2022). Or stock market. But if you think holding your cards better, well it's your call. I respect.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    That water has a source and it's Blizzard. If Blizzard decides water will be avaible again, then what will you do? Or what can you possibly do? Or maybe there won't be anybody left so noone will need water. Games don't last forever. Your view is so narrow. There are I bonds in Us which gives %9.62 average return, gold got %8 average return in Us dollars according to goldprice.org(2007-2022). Or stock market. But if you think holding your cards better, well it's your call. I respect.
    Not holding my cards as stated in many posts. But you can go take your "150m" and buy all the tcg mounts you want.

Don't care so I voted no, though it's always funny to read the people on this forum who think that forced scarcity is all an elaborate conspiracy theory by Blizzard to sell tokens.

Not holding my cards as stated in many posts. But you can go take your "150m" and buy all the tcg mounts you want.
    Phob broke his record by posting 21 posts in to this very subject. I congratulate Phob. He is very commited to this very topic. We will castrate every male TCG mounts so they won't have offsprings so Phob can be the only person that rides them. If Blizzard/Microsoft even sells TCG mounts in shop, everybody can buy but I won't because it upsets Phob. Phob's happiness is above the community. I will sleep, I bet Phob will continue from here. You are the star Phob!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    Phob broke his record by posting 21 posts in to this very subject. I congratulate Phob. He is very commited to this very topic. We will castrate every male TCG mounts so they won't have offsprings so Phob can be the only person that rides them. If Blizzard/Microsoft even sells TCG mounts in shop, everybody can buy but I won't because it upsets Phob. Phob's happiness is above the community. I will sleep, I bet Phob will continue from here. You are the star Phob!
    MrFrag again dodging his lie with a very failed attempt to troll. Can't state why he wants them in his own thread, Can't state why he won't buy them with his "150m" and instead attacks a post count. Admit it, you want the mounts because they are rare. Admit it you falsified the amount of money you have to drive a narrative that they are "too expensive". Admit that it's easier to fail at trolling than to state the reasons you want the mounts because when you do you will realize that if they go on the shop they immediately become less rare and less desirable.
    21/150 isn't even crazy btw
    Also you're at 18 posts and still have yet to state your reason for wanting them.
    Last edited by Phob; 2022-05-28 at 02:47 AM.

I'd be fine with more of them being added to the BMAH pool, but I think sticking what were once super-limited items behind an "unlimited as long as you spend $25" banner is pretty gross.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

The poster you quoted literally said "should NOT be put on the cash shop"...
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Nice eye roll emoji - but did you actually read what you replied to?
    Well... actually looks like i did not.
    I was so tired yesterday.
    My bad and i apologise!

Well... actually looks like i did not.
    I was so tired yesterday.
    My bad and i apologise!
    Ill have a chat with the Internet Council, as i cant and wont speak for ALL of them, however at this stage im willing to offer our acceptance of your apology. If you dont hear back from me, my meeting with the council went well, and i wish you all the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Sure it's unsellable but that doesn't mean it's not [worth] $1000+.
    This could totally win the "Dumbest Sentence in this Thread" award.

But you can go to an investing forum and talk about investing, we are talking about a game called world of warcraft here.
    If you didn't want to talk about TCG mounts as an investment then you probably shouldn't have butted in when I responded to two OTHER posters talking about whether or not Blizzard should protect the investment value of TCG mounts. That's on you, dude.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    This could totally win the "Dumbest Sentence in this Thread" award.

If you didn't want to talk about TCG mounts as an investment then you probably shouldn't have butted in when I responded to two OTHER posters talking about whether or not Blizzard should protect the investment value of TCG mounts. That's on you, dude.
    Bye. If you don't see value in this video game go away you shouldn't be wasting your time again go to an investing forum to talk about investing. This is a game called world of warcraft and yes when you buy something for 1000 dollars and you learn it, that doesn't mean you have a 0 dollar mount in your collection. You have a 1000 dollar mount in your collection.
    I'm not butting in anywhere, you started by saying, in this very thread that we as "gamblers" aka the people who bought the packs. Should not be "protected".
    You imply that it doesn't matter that we got our mounts in the only legitimate way.
    Again look at where you are, if you want to talk about your bitcoin and magic the gathering go to those forums, this is again for a game called world of warcraft. And yes a mount that cost 1000 dollars will be a mount that cost 1000 dollars. I will say it again. Just because a 1000 dollar mount is unsellable, it doesn't mean it's not worth 1000 dollars. It's not for you to decide its worth, you aren't the community. You are a random dude who doesn't matter.
    Just go look up "most expensive mounts" and you will see that these tcg mounts are in fact not worthless.
    Last edited by Phob; 2022-05-28 at 10:19 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think they could be given to us in game content for finishing some difficult achievement or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's drop the back and forth insults, combativeness, and unnecessary snark.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    does not change people will cry and scream about "timegating" speaking people see stuff like renown as timegating, everything is timegating these days, but people forget stuff like the passivly growing icc buff was "not timegating"
    Or forgetting SWP and ICC had literal walls preventing you from progressing until X weeks had passed.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

´While we are at it, why can't we buy old gladiator mounts for 500 conquest and titles for 1000 honor? Oh and Elite WoD PvP gear, for 20 Marks of honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Let rare things be rare.