Poll: Should Lordaeron City be a neutral place?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question Should Lordaeron City become neutral? [9.2.5 spoilers]

So as we know, the Void elves will receive Dark Ranger customization options in 9.2.5 This means that, storywise, a portion of Dark Rangers that once served Sylvanas and the Forsaken, have defected to the Alliance. For many years, Horde players denied the Alliance any right to Lordaeron on the basis that all those who stayed to defend Lordaeron were now in the Horde (Forsaken).

However, now the Alliance has a new claim to Lordaeron, thanks to the aforementioned Dark Rangers who have joined the ranks of the Ren'dorei, and will be playable in 9.2.5.

We also know that High King Turalyon seeks to reclaim former holdings of the Alliance, after the success at Stromgarde, and Lordaeron City would count as a former holding (and former capital) of the Alliance.

Is it fair that Lordaeron remains in the hands of the Horde, when a portion of those who died defending it are now in the Alliance? I believe that Calia should simply share Lordaeron with the Alliance, after all it is only fair that those Dark Rangers would have the option to visit Lordaeron, even though they personally aligned more with the Alliance's ideals than the Horde's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Should it? No

Will it? Who knows.

Blizzard has done dumber stuff so anything goes.

An Alliance upper city and a horde undercity would be nice. Just to fuck with those who hated the undercity.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Night Elves will grow a new world tree from that winter queen seed in the new cinematic, and horde will reclaim undercity. I imagine Lordaeron will get some new aesthetics, and the new Night elf tree will look a lot like Ardenweald.

Horde always - it was the Forsaken's home in life and it should be there home in death.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    An Alliance upper city and a horde undercity would be nice. Just to fuck with those who hated the undercity.
    Don't see anything wrong with that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Zombies get the lower city since they have gotten used to the sewers. The living humans and dark rangers can take the upper city with Calia and rebuild Lordaeron to how it was before Arthas destroyed it.

There's no reason why Alliance and Horde can't coexist in Lordaeron, they already did in Dalaran after all. And Calia was always a proponent for understanding and unity between the living of the Alliance and the dead of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

The Zombies get the lower city since they have gotten used to the sewers. The living humans and dark rangers can take the upper city with Calia and rebuild Lordaeron to how it was before Arthas destroyed it.

There's no reason why Alliance and Horde can't coexist in Lordaeron, they already did in Dalaran after all. And Calia was always a proponent for understanding and unity between the living of the Alliance and the dead of the Horde.
    Hmm, like a new Dalaran. Yeah i could buy that.
    But just in case we should probably let i.e. a naaru manage the whole affair, A'dal did a pretty good job back in TBC.

(and i mean being able to incinerate half a city in one burst aould keep both the living and the dead in check quite well).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

this is just more give horde stuff to the alliance.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    this is just more give horde stuff to the alliance.
    Exactly.

Alliance will get a new night elf city, plus getting half a Horde city?

Nah - Alliance gets a new night elf city next expansion, Horde reclaims one of their cities at the end of this expansion.

no, only the alliance should be allowed in it
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

My god, no wonder the game has taken a turn for the worse. Any more of you and we'd all be wearing paisley and throw water balloons at eachother in PVP.

Maybe, if the Forsaken got a new city for themselves elsewhere, ideally a floating necropolis type place.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Horde always - it was the Forsaken's home in life and it should be there home in death.
    It was an Alliance city when they were alive.

We are meant to get Stromgarde keep, because it's a great spot with a cave that can house a connection to the city and said cave connects to a harbour. Forsaken ships need a good reworking but making a connection to org via ferry from that nice cove behind Stromgarde has long been something zysis would enjoy greatly. The deal was that we burn the world tree, they get to make a nice new model, Forsaken get Stromgarde with a nice shiny harbour, some pretty awesome cave/sewer networks and a good opening for ferry connections to Silvermoon and Orgrimmar.

But Blizz is a fairly lazy, headless beast these days so I doubt even the strongest promise will be broken in the name of profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Maybe, if the Forsaken got a new city for themselves elsewhere, ideally a floating necropolis type place.
    I don't understand how people think a floating necropolis and the forsaken are linked.

Those places are Scourge buildings and the Forsaken have never used those sorts of buildings before.
    Lordaeron was their home in life and in undeath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    And a Scourge City when they were raised and has been a Horde City when they broke away.

It is not fair to say that all of Lordaeron's citizens died defending the capital; many of the surrounding cities and villages couldn't deploy troops due to the plague/scourge literally ravaging their immediate borders. There are/were Lordaeron natives in Light' Hope Chapel, the rebuilt Hearthglen, Gilneas, and the various Scarlet Crusade encampments that dot the landscape. Not to mention, this isn't even taking into account the villages were former natives used to live until The Forsaken literally fucking murdered them (i.e the old Hillsbrad Foothills questline). The reality is that Blizzard can't create an entire region with an accurate population count, so if one random Hillsbrad village survived the Scourge, logic would dictate the others survived as well.

So yes, it's foolish to claim that only The Forsaken have a right to call Lordaeron home. It'll piss Horde fans off for sure, but if Blizzard is dead-set on ending the faction war, allowing both The Horde and The Alliance access to Lordaeron's capital would be a sign that each faction is serious about the peace agreements, as all natives of Lordaeron could return home again. This would obviously mean an Alliance capital would be open to The Horde for equality reasons, but that isn't the point of the topic atm.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post
    My god, no wonder the game has taken a turn for the worse. Any more of you and we'd all be wearing paisley and throw water balloons at eachother in PVP.
    And then say: I dont see anything wrong with that.

Anno 2022 line on mmo-champion.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-01 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Lordaeron was abandoned by the alliance during the third war, actually. So nah, it wasnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Lordaeron was abandoned by the alliance during the third war, actually. So nah, it wasnt.
    When?

The city was destroyed by Arthas at the start of the Third War and only briefly retaken by Alliance forces led by Garithos, until they were wiped out by Sylvanas.

Then the Alliance tried twice to reclaim Lordaeron, first under Varian, then under Anduin (and they were actually successful, until Sylvanas did the only thing she can do and started blighting everything).

You know what they say about the third time, but now the Alliance doesn't need to be hostile to reclaim their rightful place in Lordaeron. They can reach an agreement with Calia.

When?

The city was destroyed by Arthas at the start of the Third War and only briefly retaken by Alliance forces led by Garithos, until they were wiped out by Sylvanas.

Then the Alliance tried twice to reclaim Lordaeron, first under Varian, then under Anduin (and they were actually successful, until Sylvanas did the only thing she can do and started blighting everything).

You know what they say about the third time, but now the Alliance doesn't need to be hostile to reclaim their rightful place in Lordaeron. They can reach an agreement with Calia.
    They care so much for Lordaeron that when Sylvanas sent envoys to join the Alliance, Stormwind made sure said envoys never returned to Lordaeron.