Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got to love all AH stans trying to pretend that they didn't care about this case. Yet few pages back they were defending her with their lives.

Now Depp can fully heal and move on.

I wish him luck.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

No one has broken it down quite like this, so I will do it for those who are questioning the amounts.

Depp won on all of his claims, $10mil was compensatory damages and $5mil was punitive damages.

Amber Heard won on 1 claim and it was $2mil in compensatory damages.

Punitive damages in Virginia are capped at $350,000. So $10,000,000 + $350,000 - $2,000,000 = $8.35mil.
    Last edited by Armael; 2022-06-01 at 08:42 PM.

Didn't know Kathleen Zellner were a consultant on this case for the Depp team. (unlikely murderer lawyer)

interesting.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Well I refused to watch all this. I was curious how the outcome would unfold. They made a great statement to attics and recovering attics. That other people are responsible for your sobriety. Your life, your choices. No one else is accountable.(This man was not wanting to take responsibility for his own actions. In every single way.) How incredibly unhelpful and painful for friends and family. Neither of these guys should've been in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Well I refused to watch all this. I was curious how the outcome would unfold. They made a great statement to attics and recovering attics. That other people are responsible for your sobriety. Your life, your choices. No one else is accountable.(This man was not wanting to take responsibility for his own actions. In every single way.) How incredibly unhelpful and painful for friends and family. Neither of these guys should've been in a relationship.
    Well we could tell you didn't watch the trial without the first sentence.

Glad to see Amber got punished for her actions. I don’t believe she is even worth the 7 million she had in the past, and this will definitely ruin her financially. I wonder if anyone will try and hire her after this, anything of note mind you. Would be sad, but who knows.

Depp at least got what he wanted out of it, he never cared for the money anyways. Dude had so much of it anyways.

I feel like you’re pissing in the wind here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well we could tell you didn't watch the trial without the first sentence.
    I read some articles and seen quotations. Just because I didn't watch video.

I might've missed all the theatrics of the video. Yet everything I said makes no less sense. These were his choices.

Glad for Mr. Depp. Hope he celebrates in moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Glad to see Amber got punished for her actions. I don’t believe she is even worth the 7 million she had in the past, and this will definitely ruin her financially. I wonder if anyone will try and hire her after this, anything of note mind you. Would be sad, but who knows.

Depp at least got what he wanted out of it, he never cared for the money anyways. Dude had so much of it anyways.

I feel like you’re pissing in the wind here.
    people are hoping he Donates the missing 7 mil. to Charity in her name
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I hope more men also have the courage to speak up after seeing this. It’s a win for them, as well cause they can be victims too. They far too often remain silent. It’s sad.
    100 times this.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Very surprised by the outcome, but hardly an unwelcome surprise.

Don't see how it's a loss for #MeToo either. Seems like a win. A high-profile abuser has been punished for her abuse.

I might've missed all the theatrics of the video. Yet everything I said makes no less sense. These were his choices.
    Unironic victim blaming. Nice. Did Depp wear too short a skirt as well? Too many low cut tops?
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2022-06-01 at 11:02 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

These were his choices.
    His choices which he took full responsibility for. That was the main theme of the trial, Depp admits he is flawed Amber lies about her flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    people are hoping he Donates the missing 7 mil. to Charity in her name
    It would be great if he did donate it, but not in her name. Fuck her for lying about this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Don't see how it's a loss for #MeToo either. Seems like a win. A high-profile abuser has been punished for her abuse.
    To be clear, Depp winning isn't the problem and the decision from the jury has made it clear that Depp was seen as the victim of defamation. The problem is Heard making the accusation, having little meaningful evidence, blatantly forging evidence (via submitting multiple copies of the same picture, which occurred several times), and then making an unconvincing case. Whether she intended it or not, Heard has become the face of #MeToo that people predisposed to disbelieving women (or hating them, in the case of incels) will use as a cudgel to mock and humiliate women coming forward in the future (i.e.: "Yeah sure, your story is totally true, just like Heard's", or something to that effect).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    To be clear, Depp winning isn't the problem and the decision from the jury has made it clear that Depp was seen as the victim of defamation. The problem is Heard making the accusation, having little meaningful evidence, blatantly forging evidence (via submitting multiple copies of the same picture, which occurred several times), and then making an unconvincing case. Whether she intended it or not, Heard has become the face of #MeToo that people predisposed to disbelieving women (or hating them, in the case of incels) will use as a cudgel to mock and humiliate women coming forward in the future (i.e.: "Yeah sure, your story is totally true, just like Heard's", or something to that effect).
    So the same people will continue not to believe any women, okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    A problem which you can drop squarely onto Amber's shoulders.

And yeah beanman is right, the perpetual malcontents have already made up their mind.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It would be great if he did donate it, but not in her name. Fuck her for lying about this.
    more of an irony of donating it in her name because she kept the money in the first place and got herself caught lol
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    A problem which you can drop squarely onto Amber's shoulders.
    Of course any fallout is Heard's fault. I even said as much, and in no uncertain terms, in the quoted post.

And yeah beanman is right, the perpetual malcontents have already made up their mind.
    Beanman has no meaningful insights into this trial, and has repeatedly misunderstood what is happening in the courtroom or misconstrued what has been said throughout the thread. I don't put much stock in what they think, especially given they thought Dr. Spiegel was a good witness.

Regarding the actual concern you mention, the argument that "malcontents gonna be malcontent" is not particularly valid. When considering the impact on people coming forward it's not just a matter of just the "malcontents" simply disbelieving them, it's that the likening of people's abuse to Heard's accusation is significantly more demeaning than a group simply not believing them (i.e.: it's not just that you're not a victim, but you're also a badly motivated gold digger whose looking to ruin someone's reputation). It's no longer some long hypothetical that needs to be unconvincingly constructed, it's now just a case of people weaponizing people's perception of Heard.

The fact that there's any contention here is absurd to me. "Malcontents" coopting high-profile aspects of popular culture (albeit, not to this level) to try and push their agenda or to use to attack people isn't even new, and it was seen in things like GamerGate, QAnon, and literally every other major, online movement that's happened in the last 10 years.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2022-06-02 at 12:47 AM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief