Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Diablo Immortal major annoyance that will transfer to Diablo 4

Is not the store, but other people killing my bounty monsters.
    Especially early on in the game when everyone and their mother are playing Diablo 4. I hate wasting time waiting on things in games.

Edit:
    Let me add another thing.
    FOMO on dailies that I absolutely hated in WoW and is currenlty in Diablo Immortal.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2022-06-14 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Especially early on in the game when everyone and their mother are playing Diablo 4. I hate wasting time waiting on things in games.

Edit:
    FOMO on dailies that I absolutely hated in WoW and is currenlty in Diablo Immortal.
    Bounties are not much of a problem given how much they can stack up. Yes you need to log in twice a week to clear them but that is vastly better than WoW. For me the ideal would be for such content to be weekly instead. Monsters respawn rapidly once a place gets focused enough so I hope they carry that in D4 (I set up a grinding spot with a friend this past weekend and we just run in a circle killing everything in a small area, stopping at over 1k kills because our inventories were full). However the stupid purple mobs not sharing tags better not make it in D4 (really, they should fix it for DI too, it serves no purpose).

As long as multiplayer is optional I'm dandy. Multiplayer obsessed people can deal with multiplayer problems.

I do agree the tagging bs is such a stupid thing to have though. Won't have that problem in single player!!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

That's not even the real problem ... bounties? who the fucker cares.
    The bigger problem will be if D4 also has multiple difficulties fragmentation and forced group content, like instances where you just wait and wait and wait there in queue.

The simple fact that other people will be running around in the world besides me or my invited group pretty much guarantees that I will like the game less than older ones. Other people kill my immersion in the story and just get in the way of what I want to do. I seriously doubt sharing or not sharing the world will be optional but if it can be turned off that would be a massive boost to my interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The simple fact that other people will be running around in the world besides me or my invited group pretty much guarantees that I will like the game less than older ones. Other people kill my immersion in the story and just get in the way of what I want to do. I seriously doubt sharing or not sharing the world will be optional but if it can be turned off that would be a massive boost to my interest.
    Yeah, I really hope it would be optional for at least the story mode. Other players fooling around does ruin the immersion, I don't mind it that much for endgame content though.

As far as we know, the open world will be shared by all players. There should be some phasing though, probably based both on your story mode progress and cleared 'camps'. I think it will be similar to how it is in WoW. However dungeons will be optional, you will be able to clear them solo or in groups. It's explained in this video pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOLoQ6RSXM0

With that being said, I hope it will be optional. To me Diablo was always a single player game and I don't want to neccessarily play with random people all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That's not even the real problem ... bounties? who the fucker cares.
    The bigger problem will be if D4 also has multiple difficulties fragmentation and forced group content, like instances where you just wait and wait and wait there in queue.
    Just make a group in party finder and you pretty much fill instant.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:

I don't know, some FOMO is good, as long as it's not like collectibles that you lose forever.

And I mean, I personally hope that D4 will be a full on MMORPG that is only avaliable online and in multiplayer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    As long as multiplayer is optional I'm dandy. Multiplayer obsessed people can deal with multiplayer problems.

I do agree the tagging bs is such a stupid thing to have though. Won't have that problem in single player!!
    Why would you want non-multiplayer, single player is and has always been crap. I hope D4 don't allow single player or offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Why would you want non-multiplayer, single player is and has always been crap. I hope D4 don't allow single player or offline.
    Seems like an odd thing to desire tbh. It's not like it would affect you in anyway if it was allowed.
    well, except you would have more people playing the game and even single players and offline players are more likely to join for multiplayer at times, just not always. So seems like a net gain to allow it, even for you.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare other people enjoy different things than me, am I right?

Look, I work in fields (tourism and arts) where I constantly meet and talk to other people. There are times when I don't want to deal with people anymore and unwind playing some games. Diablo has been that game for me for years.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The whole "enforced open world/always multiplayer" idea is probably the worst part of Diablo 4. Absolutely terrible concept. If people wanted an MMO, they'd play WoW or FF14 or something else. Diablo has always been a series where you can be selective in who you join or let join you. Removing this is stupid as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The whole "enforced open world/always multiplayer" idea is probably the worst part of Diablo 4. Absolutely terrible concept. If people wanted an MMO, they'd play WoW or FF14 or something else. Diablo has always been a series where you can be selective in who you join or let join you. Removing this is stupid as hell.
    Oh it's absolutely horrid. Mobs respawning in front of you is bizarrely immersion-breaking, but required for the multiplayer to function. You'd think immersion doesn't really matter in a game like that, but it just feels awful seeing it happen in Immortal, and it isn't an issue in D3 or PoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are trying to compete with Lost Ark. I personally don't mind, even welcome, the open world as long as it is optional.

What worries me the most, is how they plan to implement which players will play with who. I mean, the game is ultimately about collecting gear and how can a fresh character compete with fully geared one when it comes to open world content without making either gear or actual content obsolete.

I mean it is not fun if you invest time collecting gear and it doesn't matter because a fresh character is effectively similar in power. Nor it is fun to have other player zoom past you and obliterate all enemies in split second.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I think they are trying to compete with Lost Ark. I personally don't mind, even welcome, the open world as long as it is optional.

What worries me the most, is how they plan to implement which players will play with who. I mean, the game is ultimately about collecting gear and how can a fresh character compete with fully geared one when it comes to open world content without making either gear or actual content obsolete.
    They don't exactly have a good track record recently with "optional" stuff. For example, Warcraft 3 Reforged was supposed to be known as the "Option Edition", since it was going to be jam-packed with options so people could play it the way they wanted... and we all know how that worked out.

I would like it to be optional to, specifically giving people the ability to opt out of the "Lost Ark" experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't exactly have a good track record recently with "optional" stuff. For example, Warcraft 3 Reforged was supposed to be known as the "Option Edition", since it was going to be jam-packed with options so people could play it the way they wanted... and we all know how that worked out.

I would like it to be optional to, specifically giving people the ability to opt out of the "Lost Ark" experience.
    Yeah, that's why I am extremely cautious right now.

Even though I am excited for the game, I don't trust Blizzard anymore. It looks good so far but one bad decision can easily be a deal breaker for me.

Just make a group in party finder and you pretty much fill instant.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, some FOMO is good, as long as it's not like collectibles that you lose forever.

And I mean, I personally hope that D4 will be a full on MMORPG that is only avaliable online and in multiplayer.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you want to rob others of that experience? You can just play multiplayer if you want to. Why should players who prefer single player not be able to opt out?
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Edit:
    Not really. Considering the chance to come across other player outside of local events and PvP in the open world is slim, that shouldn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Seems like an odd thing to desire tbh. It's not like it would affect you in anyway if it was allowed.
    well, except you would have more people playing the game and even single players and offline players are more likely to join for multiplayer at times, just not always. So seems like a net gain to allow it, even for you.
    If you have both, you split the community. More people is always a good thing.

If you have both, you split the community. More people is always a good thing.
    Not necessarily if many of those people wouldn't play the online version. It's like PoE and having SSF (solo self found) separate from trade-league (actually multiplayer), which despite the game being online-only (It's F2P after all) SSF is functionally a solo experience.

Diablo is a franchise that was built initially on the solo experience, and it should remain an option for folks that don't want to be forced to play their full-priced game online if they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Diablo is a franchise that was built initially on the solo experience, and it should remain an option for folks that don't want to be forced to play their full-priced game online if they don't want to.
    Perhaps, but you make it sound like people have been forced into buying it or something.

If it's online-only and you don't wanna play online, just don't buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not necessarily if many of those people wouldn't play the online version. It's like PoE and having SSF (solo self found) separate from trade-league (actually multiplayer), which despite the game being online-only (It's F2P after all) SSF is functionally a solo experience.

But why? Is't improving a game more important than keeping old traditions?

RPGs make sense as multiplayers, to be one of many heroes. If you wanna be 'the one' then games like The Legend of Zelda make more sense. It make no sense a grand hero grinds skeletons and rifts and what not like a common peasant, but it does make sense an adventurer in an online game does.