Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The character literally didn't say he remembers.

You are just inferring a lot from "youngling". Most (and I say most because I cannot claim ALL with 100% certainty) inquisitors were younglings. And they certainly found Reva in the gutter with the dead bodies among which she was hiding.
    To which GI was referring.
    It is rich to assume Vader remembered her the same way SHE remembered him. She was just "another youngling" he swinged a lightsaber at.
    Inquisitor with known highest Jedi Rank:

Grand Inquisitor - Former Jedi Knight
    Trilla - Former Padawan
    Reva - Former Youngling

All other Inquisitors Jedi status are unknown if they were a youngling, padawan, or knight.

So, you can't realy say "most" because only one didn't have a rank higher than youngling. You can say there were likely younglings given their ages, but they could have been Padawans.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    That just means he knows the source of inquisitors, and why she betrayed him. He didn't see any memory flashes. She did.
    Unless her flashback includes a 3rd person perspective, he also saw in her eyes the same youngling he saw in the temple. There is in that scene a flashback to her looking up at him, and also a shot of him looking down at her.

Could just be for the drama of the scene, but i'm gonna stand firm that he knows who she was.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You said a hit to the heart HAD to severe the spine too. That isn't true.
    Was I saying it about a generic hit to the heart or a specific hit to the heart that we witnessed?
    If the latter than THAT hit to the heart definitely hit the spine.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2022-06-16 at 08:40 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Unless her flashback includes a 3rd person perspective, he also saw in her eyes the same youngling he saw in the temple. There is in that scene a flashback to her looking up at him, and also a shot of him looking down at her.

Could just be for the drama of the scene, but i'm gonna stand firm that he knows who she was.
    Because he did. It was clear as fucking day to everyone except this guy. The same guy who doesn't know where a heart is, and thinks spines explode.

10+ Year Old Account

It was most certainly for the connection with the previous version of that scene. So that the "dumb" viewer could know it's Reva's memories, not to mention it would've looked weird in first person. Especially when it transitioned back in to the present.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

So that the "dumb" viewer...
    Oh sweet irony.

Finally got around to watching ep 5. Like the last episode I think Reva was done alright for about the first half, then eh. It really seems like Disney hates OW, he straight up manipulates Reva into what should have ended with her death then skips out. I still can’t figure out why Vader and GI just leave Reva laying there and not finish her off. I suppose it makes sense now why the GI kept walking off and leaving her to continue ignoring his orders, but not now. It also bothers me that we have most likely seen the last of OW and Vader and Anakin’s daydream sets up the big line in a New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    It also bothers me that we have most likely seen the last of OW and Vader and Anakin’s daydream sets up the big line in a New Hope

Nah.. Obi and Vader are still going to have their duel.

Obi is going to reconnect with the Force and rock Vader's shit. Proving that Obi is still the Master and Vader the student. Obi regains his confidence in the force and is the guy we see in Ep4. Canon intact.

It also bothers me that we have most likely seen the last of OW and Vader and Anakin’s daydream sets up the big line in a New Hope
    Considering the ships hyperdrive is down it seems kind of inevitable that vader catches up to them. I guess some plot convenience could come up to get them away but it seemed to be saying that vader will catch up. If that's the case though, it seems like a lot to fit into a final episode

Finally got around to watching ep 5. Like the last episode I think Reva was done alright for about the first half, then eh. It really seems like Disney hates OW, he straight up manipulates Reva into what should have ended with her death then skips out. I still can’t figure out why Vader and GI just leave Reva laying there and not finish her off. I suppose it makes sense now why the GI kept walking off and leaving her to continue ignoring his orders, but not now. It also bothers me that we have most likely seen the last of OW and Vader and Anakin’s daydream sets up the big line in a New Hope
    Vader probably wants her to still serve as a test for his other underlings. Or palpatine told him to let her live and we're not meant to know of his involvement yet. Either way the sith motto seems to promote betrayal and fighting within in order to discover who the top dog is, I doubt vader fears more than one force sensitive person in the galaxy, maybe two with yoda, but if he goes around killing everyone who opposes him he'll be left with half competent underlings. Vader also must have a sense that obi wan set her up, meaning she still / now has an even greater devotion to the dark side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Vader probably wants her to still serve as a test for his other underlings. Or palpatine told him to let her live and we're not meant to know of his involvement yet. Either way the sith motto seems to promote betrayal and fighting within in order to discover who the top dog is, I doubt vader fears more than one force sensitive person in the galaxy, maybe two with yoda, but if he goes around killing everyone who opposes him he'll be left with half competent underlings. Vader also must have a sense that obi wan set her up, meaning she still / now has an even greater devotion to the dark side.
    I think the same way you do. The Sith use pain, suffering, betrayal, and vengeance as tools to control those beneath them. Even if that person wishes their death, they will still keep them close, or close enough to use them as pawns.

Though he didn't leave her limbless like he was left, I got a feeling in that scene that Vader left her there, just as he was left to die. Knowing that if she survives, her connection to the dark side will only grow stronger, and make her an even more powerful tool.

Good possibility that I am wrong and just wishing for more depth to the story. For all I know he was just a fool who thought she would die there. We'll see = )
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

5+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the same way you do. The Sith use pain, suffering, betrayal, and vengeance as tools to control those beneath them. Even if that person wishes their death, they will still keep them close, or close enough to use them as pawns.

Though he didn't leave her limbless like he was left, I got a feeling in that scene that Vader left her there, just as he was left to die. Knowing that if she survives, her connection to the dark side will only grow stronger, and make her an even more powerful tool.

Good possibility that I am wrong and just wishing for more depth to the story. For all I know he was just a fool who thought she would die there. We'll see = )
    Frankly, I think people wildly misinterpret that scene, and how carefully Vader arranged it.

All that shit about hunger for vengeance, that's speaking to Reva. The Grand Inquisitor is being used as a tool, and he's not smart enough to realize it. Vader likely handed that line to the Grand Inquisitor, the "Vengeance does wonders for the will to live, don't you think?", probably word-for-word.

What did the Grand Inquisitor do to enact any "vengeance"? He didn't die. He recovered, somehow. And Vader gave him his old job back. He didn't do anything. He didn't track down Reva. He didn't defeat her in any meaningful sense. He's a loyal dog, and that's it. His "vengeance" is entirely passive, and that's not how Sith operate. There's no way Vader respects it, or him.

Vader stabbed her in the gut. A blow he knows she can survive, since she did as a youngling, which Anakin remembers.

Reva's entire arc was about her quest for vengeance, which the GI literally just reminded her should give her the will to live. She's probably gonna go after Obi-Wan, given the hints at the end, as an "easier" vengeance trip, thinking Obi-Wan betrayed her (and she's not . . . ENTIRELY wrong). And then we'll get the spin-off of her own show, and her moves against Vader proper, though that's pure speculation. Reva's the only one in that room on a vengeance quest, and the GI's line about vengeance makes no effing sense coming from him, as he had nothing to do with Reva's downfall. He just showed up after she lost to gloat and be rewarded as the runner-up.

Something else I think will be important as the next episode starts; if they didn't leave Reva a lightsaber, we saw Obi-Wan look at the chest with the Jedi sabers in it. And they shouted to "only take what's necessary" or the like as they ran for the ship at the end; would those be "necessary"? Probably not. So there may be a box of sabers lying around. Maybe a saber from a Jedi Master who'd taught some younglings, and which Reva will recognize. Would be an interesting spin to have her grab the nearest weapon, and have it be a first step to suggest her path back to the Light Side, as she fires it up and it blazes blue, not red.

Ep 5 ends up giving Reva choices. And they've also spent time reminding us that lightsaber fights aren't always deadly (the flashbacks with Obi-wan and Anakin sparring), so we can potentially see a future fight between Reva and Obi-Wan in that light, rather than a fight to the death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Nah.. Obi and Vader are still going to have their duel.

Obi is going to reconnect with the Force and rock Vader's shit. Proving that Obi is still the Master and Vader the student. Obi regains his confidence in the force and is the guy we see in Ep4. Canon intact.
    1> Anakin's so much stronger than Obi-Wan, even at Obi-Wan's peak, that the idea that Obi-Wan will "rock Vader's shit" is silly.
    2> The flashbacks with Obi-Wan and Anakin sparring? Watch the Vader/Reva fight again. Vader uses exactly those techniques against Reva. It's not directly intentional on Vader's part, but it has to be intentional from the writers, as a way of showing that Vader learned those lessons. Obi-Wan's line about how "Your need to prove yourself will be your undoing. Until you learn that, a Padawan you will still be" is thus directly being demonstrated in that fight; that Vader did learn that, and thus is definitely no longer a Padawan who's just lost his way. He's not a student any more.

They literally told you this directly in the way they filmed the Vader/Reva fight scene. Just through comparative visuals rather than overt dialogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He literally calls her youngling right after. So it’s both of their memories intertwined. Question for you, with how long Reva lives at the end, while discovering where OW is going, why do you think he stabbed her through her cardiovascular system?
    Implying that Vader didn't know where each and every inquisitor have come from? You are really reading too much into a single word.

And your question is circular reasoning. I saw her mortally stabbed and my complaint is exactly that she lives.

And your question is circular reasoning. I saw her mortally stabbed and my complaint is exactly that she lives.
    Funny, because if you had seen her "mortally stabbed," she'd have been dead on the spot. Yet you clearly and literally didn't see that. It wasn't even hinted at as she was still moving even as Vader and the Grand Inquisitor took off.

Especially since, you know, the Grand Inquisitor had suffered a very similar wound a few episodes prior and was standing right there next to him. Nevermind Fennec and Cobb Vanth in a previous series. But hey, minor detail that.

I saw her mortally stabbed
    You didn't.

You even provided a picture earlier that showed she was stabbed too low to be through the heart.

What you mean to say is "I saw her get stabbed, and incorrectly assumed it was fatal. But, being unwilling to move from my own assumptions, I am now constructing a complaint against the writing."

10+ Year Old Account
    If she lived, then your assumptions about how mortal a blow that was are, definitively and provably, false. You're wrong about this.

I've watched the first two episodes now and, while it's ably done and a decent story, I'm just wondering why I would really want to watch the rest of it? I guess it sets up the relationship between Leia and Ben that was hinted at in ANH, but those are characters that the story should be moved beyond at this point. And, at the end of this show, doesn't it have to finish with Obi-Wan basically throwing his hands in the air and saying "Fuck it, Luke can deal with this shit when he grows up".

I think I like The Mandalorian so much because it deals with new characters doing new things. And also, very little space-wizard stuff. I actually disliked the Luke and Boba Fett cameos in that show, they were the worst part of it, for me. I know how the Kenobi and Skywalker stories end, I don't need every year of their lives filled in. That's probably why the prequels fell flat for me, as well.

I just don't see any reason why I should care about this show other than fanboyism, and I've never been a huge Star Wars fanboy so ... eh. I'm sure plenty of other people are enjoying it just fine and that's great and I'm happy it exists for them. It's just not for me.

Really hoping this is going to end with Reva going the way of Maul in Old Wounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You also THOUGHT you saw the same with GI.
    GI wasn't left to die in a ditch. And I knew he would survive because I saw him in Rebels. And he is not human.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You didn't.
    I did, the picture clearly shows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If she lived, then your assumptions about how mortal a blow that was are, definitively and provably, false. You're wrong about this.
    That's circular reasoning that forgets that this is a movie not a documentary.