Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    Or I don't think companies should be stuck in 1995 because a small percentage of people don't have good internet in 2022.
    It’s a matter of accessibility. What features are you missing out on in order to increase accessibility to those without broadband?

For example, if Elden ring added an easy mode, I might be tempted to use it, and the game would become worse for me if I did. What are you missing out on, to allow people with poor Internet to play? For what reason are we discarding those players?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    what about the people who cant get access to decent internet?
    ever think about that one?
    And what about PC. This seems like a hill everyone wants to die on to bash xbox yet when was the last time PC had the entire game on a disc. Fuck can you even buy PC games on the disc anymore? How many Modern PC's even have disc drives, oh right its all digital download on pc platform long before consoles did it, But consoles are the big bad boogieman.

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like you want to be ignorant or not caring.
    Its not not caring its the current market trend and cost vs reward. Yes a small portion of people dont have access to broadband, Yes it sucks for those people. But the cost and time to counter that isnt worth it for the reward. These are still businesses. As shity as it is technology and time moves on and not everyone keeps pace. How many here are dealing with no access to broadband? Id wager none, stop strawman arguing for positions you dont experience just to plant your feet and argue.

I prefer physical discs and go out of my way to get them for my games, but i dont pretend to ignore the fact most are just a file that tells the xbox you own the game and downloads it from online. But iv accepted the fact that all digital is in the future and there isnt much we can do about it, Raging on there how rural and middle of nowhere residents have shit internet sure wont change it despite yalls best efforts. I just lived in a place with just dsl it sucked but i delt with it, its part of life living in semi rural areas. Not much will change untill the fcc stops playing politics and coddling ISP's and puts internet as a utility.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2022-06-21 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    And what about PC. This seems like a hill everyone wants to die on to bash xbox yet when was the last time PC had the entire game on a disc. Fuck can you even buy PC games on the disc anymore? How many Modern PC's even have disc drives, oh right its all digital download on pc platform long before consoles did it, But consoles are the big bad boogieman.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not not caring its the current market trend and cost vs reward. Yes a small portion of people dont have access to broadband, Yes it sucks for those people. But the cost and time to counter that isnt worth it for the reward. These are still businesses. As shity as it is technology and time moves on and not everyone keeps pace. How many here are dealing with no access to broadband? Id wager none, stop strawman arguing for positions you dont experience just to plant your feet and argue.

I prefer physical discs and go out of my way to get them for my games, but i dont pretend to ignore the fact most are just a file that tells the xbox you own the game and downloads it from online. But iv accepted the fact that all digital is in the future and there isnt much we can do about it, Raging on there how rural and middle of nowhere residents have shit internet sure wont change it despite yalls best efforts. I just lived in a place with just dsl it sucked but i delt with it, its part of life living in semi rural areas. Not much will change untill the fcc stops playing politics and coddling ISP's and puts internet as a utility.
    Laptops exists so it less of an issue.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

- - - Updated - - -

PC has problems too. A PC device does not check all the boxes. Rather, PC is one option among many, with its own strengths and weaknesses. PC is quite versatile, and that versatility gives the false impression that PC is the pinnacle of gaming, but this isn't true, and never was. One of the weaknesses of PC is ease of use. Another, non-uniform hardware, lack of physical media, afterthought ports, late releases, and expensive and hard to get hardware. The biggest strength of PC is versatility, specifically user mods, bespoke configurations, and performance ceilings.

Laptops exists so it less of an issue.
    whats less of an issue?

whats less of an issue?
    its easier to bring a laptop to a place with better internet than a PC or Counsel.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Next Gamepass batch

Available Today

Last Call BBS (PC) ID@Xbox

Yakuza 0 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Yakuza Kiwami (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Coming Soon

DJMax Respect V (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 7

Matchpoint: Tennis Championships (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 7

Road 96 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 7

Escape Academy (Console and PC) – July 14

My Friend Peppa Pig (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 14

Overwhelm (PC) – July 14

PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 14

PowerWash Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 14

Leaving July 15

Atomicrops (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Carrion (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Children of Morta (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Cris Tales (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Lethal League Blaze (Cloud, Console, and PC)

One thing MS console does better than the other companies is user reviews on the MS store right on the console. I believe Sony removed user reviews on PS5, correct me if I'm mistaken? MS store allows me to actually go to top rated games, and view the top 100 rated games by users. This is pretty nice because it opens up a lot of metadata to help guide me on what is worth playing on gamepass. Seems to be a lot of reviews out there for some of these games so I'm guessing these review scores have been being collected for a long time.

My current XSX install looks like this:

Bejeweled 3
    Braid
    Fallout 4
    New Vegas
    Firewatch
    Gears 5
    Halo Infinite
    Mass Effect Andromeda
    Max Payne 3
    Monkey Island: SE
    Nier: Automata Become as gods edition
    Outer Wilds
    Peggle
    Pillars of Eternity
    Psychonauts 2
    Spiritfarer
    Subnautica
    TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
    Titanfall 2
    Wasteland 3
    A Way Out
    Xcom 2

Most, but not all, are from gamepass. I've already started poking around the library a bit and it's been fun so far. Outer Wilds is actually very good, imo. I've played a few of these before, but either want to play upgraded versions or just play again(in case of new vegas, braid). That new TMNT game is pretty elite and I was pleasantly surprised to find it on gamepass.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-07-11 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    Get with the times, digital download only. Disc-less gaming is so good. Also, I'm calling from 2010.
    Disc-less gaming has its benefits... mainly not having to insert discs but I still prefer to. If I buy digitally, I'm stuck with it. I sometimes like to buy cheap pre-owned games and can turn around and sell when I'm done. Can't do that with digital purchases. I can also loan the disc to friends.

Most digital games are sold for brand new prices when they're years old. I can get brand new copies of these games on disc for half or less than half price.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research...rogress-report

I mean, there's still nearly 20M Americans without access to broadband, and that's just access to it.
    Those numbers are slightly misleading. They make it sound like these people are deprived when there are lots of people who do not have broadband and do not want/need broadband. That concept just seems outrageous to those who have grown overly reliant on it.
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Those numbers are slightly misleading. They make it sound like these people are deprived when there are lots of people who do not have broadband and do not want/need broadband. That concept just seems outrageous to those who have grown overly reliant on it.
    Not sure what part you missed but it wasn't "without broadband" it was "without access to broadband". Funny how it changes from misleading to useful fact if you don't read the statement so fast you miss the "access" part eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not sure what part you missed but it wasn't "without broadband" it was "without access to broadband". Funny how it changes from misleading to useful fact if you don't read the statement so fast you miss the "access" part eh?
    I didn't miss anything. "Without access" is a broad statement. Many put themselves in that situation deliberately.

Nice try though.
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

I didn't miss anything. "Without access" is a broad statement. Many put themselves in that situation deliberately.

Nice try though.
    Oh yea I'm sure people deliberately decide to live in areas with no broadband access and will move if companies make it available to them

Sometimes its fine to hold the L when you completely misunderstood this isn't people willingly refusing broadband access but just homes that don't have access to it even if they want it. You don't have to die on this hill mate.

Oh yea I'm sure people deliberately decide to live in areas with no broadband access and will move if companies make it available to them

Sometimes its fine to hold the L when you completely misunderstood this isn't people willingly refusing broadband access but just homes that don't have access to it even if they want it. You don't have to die on this hill mate.
    Hold what L? You didn't win anything. Nobody misunderstood anything either. Nobody said anything about moving if a company makes it available. It's not unheard of for people to move somewhere and not care if they have access to broadband.

You and I both know what you're attempting to do here and frankly, it's not working. I wish you better luck on it in the future. Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

They're not misleading at all, they're extremely straightforward: 20M Americans do not have access to broadband, whether they have any interest in broadband or not. There's nothing misleading about that and it says nothing more than that.

They're not misleading at all, they're extremely straightforward: 20M Americans do not have access to broadband, whether they have any interest in broadband or not. There's nothing misleading about that and it says nothing more than that.
    We can agree to disagree. I know how these statements work. I deal with them for a living.

We can agree to disagree. I know how these statements work. I deal with them for a living.
    So do I. I probably write a lot of them, too. Literally it means, "They do not live in a location where they have access to broadband, if they were interested." that's it. They don't have the capability of it. Nothing more. It's not speaking to their desire for broadband. It's not counting folks that can access broadband but choose not to. It's just counting the folks that can't access it regardless of their opinion.

If you want to imagine it's infinitely more complicated that's fine, you do you, but it's really not.

So do I. I probably write a lot of them, too. Literally it means, "They do not live in a location where they have access to broadband, if they were interested." that's it. They don't have the capability of it. Nothing more. It's not speaking to their desire for broadband. It's not counting folks that can access broadband but choose not to. It's just counting the folks that can't access it regardless of their opinion.

If you want to imagine it's infinitely more complicated that's fine, you do you, but it's really not.
    If you were being honest and do write them, you would know better. It's fine and you're welcome to believe whatever you want. Again, we're going to have to agree to disagree.

If you were being honest and do write them, you would know better. It's fine and you're welcome to believe whatever you want. Again, we're going to have to agree to disagree.
    "believe whatever you want" yes normal people do tend to believe basic facts instead of thinking there is some massive conspiracy theory about them misleading people to think something that isn't true. You do you brother.

Such hidden agenda and misleading data in a basic fact about the amount of people that live in areas with no infrastructure for broadband internet my man! Keep fighting the fight!
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-12 at 04:40 PM.

"believe whatever you want" yes normal people do tend to believe basic facts.
    Normal people believe proven facts. Believing vague or ambiguous facts is what naive people do.

Not knocking you for it, so don't take it that way, nobody is perfect. Heck, I sometimes forget to turn the oven off after taking the lasagna out.

Normal people believe proven facts.
    https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research...rogress-report

So where is the report that disproves the linked report to make it a non proven fact? I really can't believe you chose to die on this hill of all things.