Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    IMO, that's kind of a problem. Comics Thor is just . . . super goddamned grim and serious, all the time. He's a downer. I don't know that they could've done the Loki storylines they did with that kind of Thor, not and keep the "loving but difficult brotherhood" component that makes Loki tragic, rather than truly villainous. They basically swapped in Hercules' personality from the comics into MCU Thor, so in that, it's not that big a shift to make; Hercules is a different character, but they're both still ancient Gods and marked out by immense strength in particular. Ragnarok was also an attempt to correct course; they TRIED to do a more-serious Thor, and it wasn't winning over audiences. Silly Thor got to play with more of Hemsworth's strengths, and it resonated a lot better with audiences.
    As put;
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    A review I read earlier had a title that worked pretty well as a reminder for folks, I think.
    "A rare Marvel film that remembers its main audience are kids"
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I would love a Thor closer to the old comic runs Thor, doesn't have to go full grim, but not a joke either which he trended towards In Ragnarok.
    The writing seemed more mature, and the circumstances interesting. I would've hoped for Beta Ray Bill, but this MCU can't get a god of thunder right, a noble alien would be just a punchline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off to watch Love and Thunder tomorrow, for which may be my last MCU movie at this point as I havent enjoyed anything in phase 4 so far, and I will not continue to hate watch a franchise when I could just be watching stuff I enjoy instead.

I'll report back. I hope its good. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-07-06 at 02:09 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Off to watch Love and Thunder now, for which may be my last MCU movie at this point as I havent enjoyed anything in phase 4 so far, and I will not continue to hate watch a franchise when I could just be watching stuff I enjoy instead.

I'll report back. I hope its good. Fingers crossed.
    you didn't like Spider-Man NWH? Shang-Chi?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Or MoM? Loki?!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Shang-Chi has been the better of them all but still not great. And I had some pretty hot takes on Spider-Man No Way Home that I will dare not repeat of suffer another scolding from this forum lol. So if you wanna dig back you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Or MoM? Loki?!
    I haven't watched the Disney+ shows, I don't see the point, at this point my love for the MCU is already dying my passion from where it used to be on the movies is at an all time low, watching shows on top of movies sounds like a chore at this point.

EDIT: Thats a lie. I have seen Ms Marvel, thats been cool and the best thing in the MCU phase 4 so far for me

The only Marvel TV property I am looking forward to is X-Men '97 lol. the MCU is on its last legs. But I am not done with Marvel in other areas. Just the MCU :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-07-06 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only Marvel TV property I am looking forward to is X-Men '97 lol. the MCU is on its last legs. But I am not done with Marvel in other areas. Just the MCU :P
    No Way Home is the third-highest-grossing MCU film, just below Infinity War (Endgame being #1 and by a lot). Multiverse of Madness is nearly at a billion, and it's still ticking upward. The MCU's doing really frickin well, how is it on its "last legs"?

No Way Home is the third-highest-grossing MCU film, just below Infinity War (Endgame being #1 and by a lot). Multiverse of Madness is nearly at a billion, and it's still ticking upward. The MCU's doing really frickin well, how is it on its "last legs"?
    He already answered you.

I haven't watched the Disney+ shows, I don't see the point, at this point my love for the MCU is already dying my passion from where it used to be on the movies is at an all time low, watching shows on top of movies sounds like a chore at this point.

You wanted a "for me" at the end of the statement. It's not there . You wanted explicit.... there's only implicit.

And on an unrelated note: I hate youtube. Deeply....LoL.

I just opened it and "Boom!!" first suggested vid a big fucking spoiler, in your face ...but hey!! no complaints to the author/dumbass/son of a... because the tittle of the vid ends in "Spoiler!". You have already read the shit so thank you for ending with the spoiler tag. Haven't you learnt anything from the Kamar-Taj library?? The warning ALWAYS before the SPELL.

And it's not the first time: the same shit with MoM. It releases in my country on a Friday and the very Friday morning the same thing with the whole Illuminati issue spoiled so this time I say to myself:"Dude... Thursday and Friday youtube is banned....don't even get near it".

Turns out I should have extended the quarantine to Wednesday ..... /crying_emoji

Shang-Chi has been the better of them all but still not great. And I had some pretty hot takes on Spider-Man No Way Home that I will dare not repeat of suffer another scolding from this forum lol.
    I've gotten that same shit from people NWH was the beginning of the end of the MCU, for me, and was easily the worst of the films until MoM. I actually enjoyed Eternals well enough, and Shang-Chi and Loki were really enjoyable. But other than those three, it's all been downhill for a while now.

It's not that these films or shows are just flat-out bad, they're just not very good. Like many actual comics currently, they feel like spectacle for the sake of spectacle rather than an attempt to tell an interesting story. The last comic story I really enjoyed was the return of Donald Blake in Thor.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think he said it was on it's last legs for him. which is fine, nobody should be forced to watch something they don't enjoy. after Endgame it does definitely feel a bit aimless, there are a lot of plot points kinda floating around; Spider-Man is on his own, you have the randomness of a Celestial appearing in the sky to take away the 3 remaining Eternals on Earth, you have Blade and the Black Knight about to team up (probably), whatever is going on with the 10 rings and the signal they are sending out. We also still have the arrival of Adam Warlock (which I am assuming will happen in GotG 3), the more recent addition (Thor L&T) of Hercules into the MCU where he presumably is going to fight Thor, and the incursions in other universes as seen in MoM.

we won't see any of those resolved in Black Panther 2 I don't think; we know that the events in Loki will be followed on in Ant-Man 3, which might well answer some of the above, as will The Marvels. GotG I already mentioned and the only other one confirmed is F4 which, I assume, will also wrap things up for P4. It's kind of like a much longer P1, which gave us a lot of answers in The Avengers. Next year is critical though, obviously

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he said it was on it's last legs for him. which is fine, nobody should be forced to watch something they don't enjoy.
    It isn't about trying to force someone to enjoy something, it's about phrasing. "I'm not enjoying the MCU as much as I used to and I'm gonna tone down how much time I invest in it" is taking personal responsibility for that feeling. Claiming the MCU is "declining" or that MCU films are "bad" is at least implying a more-objective and more-universal point of view; that it's an observation you have of reality, rather than just personal subjective preference.

Like, consider avocados. If I said "man, avocados aren't tasting as good as they used to, they're just getting worse", do you presume I'm talking about me not liking avocados as much as I used to? Or does it seem more like I'm making a statement about the inherent and objective quality of avocado crops in general? The key is in that last sentence and phrasings like it; "thing is getting worse" rather than "I no longer enjoy thing as much as I used to." The first puts the onus on the thing, the last takes ownership of the change of opinion on one's self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its on its last legs for me I mean.

The MCU just does not excite me anymore. Everything Everywhere all At Once did more for me than Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness and any Marvel movie has done in phase 4. Enjoy what you enjoy and let me dislike what I dislike. The world of Marvel is a big world outside the MCU we can all find something to like.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-07-06 at 05:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    People saying NWH was not amazing, prob one of the best mcu movies, LUL

i understand maybe some people have burn out, but come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    People saying NWH was not amazing, prob one of the best mcu movies, LUL

i understand maybe some people have burn out, but come on now.
    It really was one of the best and it was nothing short of awesome. For people that do hate it, I wonder what they deem to be great MCU movies if NWH wasn't for them.

People are gonna hate on popular things, it's just the nature of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People are gonna hate on popular things, it's just the nature of the internet.
    Or, and I know this sounds radical, maybe different people like different things regardless of what other people like?

I don't get what is so wrong with so many humans that makes them incapable of seeing other people as anything other than extensions of their own consciousnesses and therefore assuming that their preferences must be universal.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Or, and I know this sounds radical, maybe different people like different things regardless of what other people like?

I don't get what is so wrong with so many humans that makes them incapable of seeing other people as anything other than extensions of their own consciousnesses and therefore assuming that their preferences must be universal.
    People who don't like things generally don't spend time talking about how much they hate it. You only see that kind of behavior from contrarions looking to stir things up.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People who don't like things generally don't spend time talking about how much they hate it.
    This flies in the face of all knowledge of human behavior.

Plus, you're kinda contradicting yourself. You started by saying people will hate on popular things as the nature of the internet, but now you say people that hate things won't talk about those things. Which is it?

Doom! and rumors.

A leaked conversation of Howard Stern and his crew has revealed that he is filming this summer a "project related with Doom".

Since the production of F4 is nowhere near in the horizon ( they didn't even have a director yet) the gossip has centered in a post credit scenes of "Wakanda Forever". Some other voices point that it could be the long rumored and then discarded "Books of Doom" project that was born and died in 2019 turned into a D+ show by Noah Hawley ( Fargo,Legion).

I would put my money in the first basket ( mostly because there's absolutely nothing official about the second).

This is not the first time Doom has been rumored to appear in "Wakanda Forever" but it's the first time that someone has mentioned to be involved in that appeareance and it would make sense: the movie is about the Wakanda/Atlantis conflict so at the end the movie the ruler of another fictional nation is interviewed by Stern to weigh in the outcome.

The first question that rises is of course: "Doom before the F4?". Well it could be,we don't know how the first family is gonna be introduced in the MCU but if the cast of John Krasinski persist it is surely not going to be "from college to Baxter bulding".

Rumored ( yeah I know, i have used this word 70 times) fan cast includes:

Mads Mikkelsen
    Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
    Cillian Murphy
    Michael Fassbender

The first is suprising: "He is trapped with Dormmamu!!". Correct: but we could spend years without seeing Doom's face ( or we could see it but totally disfigured) and the thing we all agree is that Mikkelsen would do a *chef kiss* Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    This flies in the face of all knowledge of human behavior.

Plus, you're kinda contradicting yourself. You started by saying people will hate on popular things as the nature of the internet, but now you say people that hate things won't talk about those things. Which is it?
    It's not a contradiction. Hating on popular things is contrarianism.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Popularity doesn't indicate quality.