Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Hmmm , *adds a bunch of problems* you say - what problems?

There is difference between been toxic with loot and distributing loot to people who matter on certain bosses during progression.
    The pretty obvious problem is that it creates a negative experience for a large majority of players, which is why it was removed in the first place. Adding it back in would reintroduce those same negative experiences, obviously that would make no sense to do. If you kill a boss with no hunters in your group the boss dropping a bow feels pretty bad, at least with personal loot that can never happen. Not to mention all the toxic environments it creates. And again... it solves nothing. Adding negatives to the game with no positives would be very stupid.

Guilds that funnel loot to specific members for certain bosses are absolutely terrible 99% of the time because they end up with half their raid being useless. But I guess if it makes you and your friends happy to get full geared the fastest that's good for you, luckily that doesn't appear to be possible with this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I see you are one of the internet doctors that is able to examine others and make diagnosis basing on their posts...
    How about just move on and read posts more carefully before commenting?

Yes.
    Your opinion is objective one for sure...
    When the thing you post is screaming "I'm a controlling asshole look at me" then yeah... It's pretty easy to figure out your personality.

And if you think that "Things that add no value and consist of only negatives are bad design" is an opinion I don't know what to tell you, I hope you never end up in a position where you make any important decisions. Though given your personality there's a 0% chance you end up in any type of position like that outside of a video game lol.
    Last edited by Rucati; 2022-07-14 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The pretty obvious problem is that it creates a negative experience for a large majority of players, which is why it was removed in the first place. Adding it back in would reintroduce those same negative experiences, obviously that would make no sense to do. If you kill a boss with no hunters in your group the boss dropping a bow feels pretty bad, at least with personal loot that can never happen. Not to mention all the toxic environments it creates. And again... it solves nothing. Adding negatives to the game with no positives would be very stupid.

Guilds that funnel loot to specific members for certain bosses are absolutely terrible 99% of the time because they end up with half their raid being useless. But I guess if it makes you and your friends happy to get full geared the fastest that's good for you, luckily that doesn't appear to be possible with this system.
    Care to share your raid experience then or other data that will prove your claim - *Guilds that funnel loot to specific members for certain bosses are absolutely terrible 99% of the time because they end up with half their raid being useless* ?

And no one is forcing you to use master loot, if you don't want to - avoid it. Guilds who like progressing on bosses will surely say yes to such feature as master loot.
    Last edited by Popastique; 2022-07-14 at 05:36 PM.

Sensational news.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    The only question is if this can decimate split runs or not.
    So, is it?
    For average guilds - yeah, probably. For WF and such people - nope.

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    the other guy is right you seem like a control freak prick good riddance
    You can agree with this poster but such toxicity towards me is not really needed.

When the thing you post is screaming "I'm a controlling asshole look at me" then yeah... It's pretty easy to figure out your personality.
    Let me get it straight.
    You know how i am irl basing on my random opinion about random game feature.
    Okay i see...

And if you think that "Things that add no value and consist of only negatives are bad design" is an opinion I don't know what to tell you, I hope you never end up in a position where you make any important decisions. Though given your personality there's a 0% chance you end up in any type of position like that outside of a video game lol.
    As you continue doing it my replies to you can only end here.

Welp... if that is true - i will probably won't touch it at all.

As a potential RL i want to decide how loot be distributed as it was years ago.
    You do not accept my rules i say before inv - you can't join.
    Simple as that.
    It took only 10 posts to remind us why master loot was removed lmao. Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It took only 10 posts to remind us why master loot was removed lmao. Incredible.
    When i read replies like this it is soo weird to me that people automatically got this vision of 'super toxic leader ninja looting everything from these poor raiders'.
    It is not absolutely not that way.
    I also really like PL and want it to stay as probably 99% of raids/pugs would still use it and that is great.

The problem with removing ML is mostly that they took from people possibility of making their own decisions.
    When i want to make my own raid i'd like to choose what time it is, what classes i pick or how loot is distributed.
    It works in Classic perfectly to the point that people are willing to mass join GDKP runs even with possibility of loosing thousands of gold... and i personally never even did or join any of these as i am more interested in guild runs.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Yes yes yes, Blizzard has reverted the biggest mistake EVER!

I argued this soooo many times with people on this forum. Feels good to be right.
    disagree they JUST made the biggest mistake every inc the return of the ninja looter have fun not getting grps together as you want to use ml as no1 wants to deal with ninja looters

- - - Updated - - -

Welp... if that is true - i will probably won't touch it at all.

As a potential RL i want to decide how loot be distributed as it was years ago.
    You do not accept my rules i say before inv - you can't join.
    Simple as that.
    i wouldnt even join hated ml since cata. also i just wouldn't lot bosses wiht ml on if they tried to sneak it

also inc the return of reserved runs
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2022-07-14 at 06:25 PM.

Considering that I am not pugging anything besides M+ and T-mog runs I don't care.

But I don't think that's a good thing. Especially in pugs.

Jesus.. fanboys restating that Masterloot is back, when Ion specifically claimed that GROUP loot is back and NOT master loot.. It's amazing how bad reading comprehension can be

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Jesus.. fanboys restating that Masterloot is back, when Ion specifically claimed that GROUP loot is back and NOT master loot.. It's amazing how bad reading comprehension can be
    In an organized group, the difference is non-existent. It's a fantastic change for decent-level mythic guilds.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why would master loot coming back scare you?

That's weird.
    Because people ninja stuff. At least that’s what they were doing back in Lich King and I always been walking with no loot.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why would master loot coming back scare you?

That's weird.
    Master loot stained the PUG community during WoD because of all the ninja's.

The only accepted loot method was "ML, MS>OS" which blizzard does not acknowledge as being loot rules. Essentially it meant "my stuff > others' stuff" so people either ninja'd for themselves or their friends.

Ultimately, blizzard got tired of the quantity of tickets being submitted due to ninja'ing so they did away with ML altogether and it won't be coming back.

When you give people tools to abuse others they will. It increases negative experiences and the negatives far outweigh the positives.

"but then just dont play with-" This obviously then reduces the amount of people you get to play with or it forces you to cope and accept something you dislike just so you can play the game and do the content you want. Again all of this makes the game worse and less accessible over all. These are the things people should focus on when talking about if the feature is a good addition.

Kinda weird that they're reintroducing group loot without the ability to ML. Seems like an unnecessary layer of complication. If the intent is the same I don't understand the purpose of a half measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Kinda weird that they're reintroducing group loot without the ability to ML. Seems like an unnecessary layer of complication. If the intent is the same I don't understand the purpose of a half measure.
    because with group loot you cant reserve shit in pugs.

5+ Year Old Account
    So, blizz caved into the ninja looters complaining for years...

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    the other guy is right you seem like a control freak prick good riddance
    More options are always better, if you don't like it you don't have to use it or apply to those guilds/groups.

I will always go into a masterloot guild despite not being in the loot council and have been in a masterloot-ish static in FF14 for Savage progress this tier, it's just more efficient to progress the content.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    because with group loot you cant reserve shit in pugs.
    It won't stop PuGs from creating weird loot rules and yeeting anybody who doesn't follow them. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It won't stop PuGs from creating weird loot rules and yeeting anybody who doesn't follow them. /shrug
    What are they gonna do if you just roll on the "reserved" item though? Especially since M+ loot will still be at the end of the run.

In raids it's different ofc.